Archangel Armor Edition

News:
1)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

2)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

3)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

4)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xcg/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCU

No airgame killed XCOM

If I wasn't in euroland I could be bumping

Good get

It was nice knowing you.

Just for you

Archangel armour a shit.
Magnetic Ion armour was way better.

Gunner, ranger vs wts
wat do

>playing TFTD

Gunners are my favourite officers, officers get WTS and all defensive perks, non officers with good aim get ranger, platform stability, mayhem.

But gunners get shot at a lot, I don't know if ranger + platform stability worth taking over wts + resillience. A mint can crit and instakill him beyond visual range

>he doesn't play TFTD
I bet you play interceptor you faggot.

General idea for ranger/mayhem gunners is that they're not gonna be supressing for the most part and the squad has 2 gunners or if you have flying armors give them LMG type weapon and they can nuke targets from beyond visual range using squadsight which on LMG/strike rifles has double range if you have elevation.

interceptor saved my marriage

Reminder that Xenonauts is worth playing.

It's tedious and boring.
The art-style is bland and uninspired, which sucks because if they went full atomic-age imagery it would have rocked my cock off.
The gameplay is repetitive,unless we're talking about the airgame which is actually fun.

I REALLY wanted to like it but I didn't

>implying building wine factories gives as much dosh as liquor
You are the big gay.

I only cleared it once and I didn't enjoy it at all, sounds great on paper but it just doesn't work.

Yes, we know already.

Once.

>page 10
xgc really is dead.

>implying original xcoms/ufos

Kill all aliens

NO.
FUCK ALL THE ALIENS.

I'll bump the thread. What does everyone think of my apocalyptic biker look?

as gay as real bikers

>doge

Sir, I'm afraid I have to relieve you of command.

That's not doge tho. That's just a regular shiba inu.

VIPER NURSE MOD WHEN?

Have they started recycling old daily challenges? All of the ones I've been doing lately seem really familiar. I'm sure I even recognised yesterdays as one I failed at the first try but completed this time around.

>playing challenge mode

Just started playing xcom2 wotc, any noob traps I should be aware of? I'd hate to find out 10 hours into the campaing that the game is unwinable because I was supossed to piss on the left toiled instead of the right one.

Is there a non-shitty host with the assets for Resistance Firearms ? The link I found is on uploaded dot something and stops randomly, fucking the file in the process.

None of those, this isn't Long War. Although you can lose the campaign if you lose the avenger defence mission, so just pray you don't get it late-game.

Have you tried BUYJAKES.GAME.COM?

>ywn be as good looking a jake
god damn genetics

DLC ratings?

Probably 11 hours in to vanilla with no timers mod.

What's the point when LW1 is infinitely more fun especially when playing with a friend who likes XCOM but has no idea how hard it's gona be.

With Vahlen voicepack

It's more trouble than it's worth.

>Tfw Beagle's YouTube series of ironman impossible will never continue

That's what happen when you keks nag him to death

Name one downside

>Some of your best friends will be insecure around you and purposely exclude you.
>People will think you are conceited and full of yourself when you are just a happy person
>Nasty rumors and gossip
>The envy and jealousy makes certain people hostile toward you even if you're friendly with everyone.

I got two good friends who aren't insecure around me. The problem is I'm expected to be a wingman and socialize in huge gatherings of people, when I prefer a small close knit group that just enjoys hangin out or goin on roadtrips, or even just coffee with one person. Dating is even worse, she's either shallow and not actually interested in you or so insecure she takes it out on you. If your single (even by choice) it's like there must be something wrong with you mentally. Friends trying to set you up when you just want to be single and be friends with everyone. I don't use any social media because it stresses me out.

The grass is always greener man.

what kind of man gives a shit what his friends look like?

How old are you? I don't want to assume anything, but in my personal experience people tended to chill out once in their 30s. Not sure if that's place or age though.

Regardless, if the men around you are that insecure you may find the best friends you can find are women.

this

my best friend is and was my wife. she is far better looking than I am but we've been together for nearly a decade

Jake?

no I am not jake

but I do love my lady

30's and I agree with you but finding a nice woman here who is content with the simple things in life is not easy. Either that or she already has kids or huge amounts of debt. I would settle for debt free, kidless, clean and sane.

I wouldn't mind a XCOM Bureau spinoff series of games.

Thats what XCOM2 should have been. You're the commander who met up with the volunteer who went back to the 50's and you have a young Vahlen to contend with.

ooh man that gets harder as they age

Could be location then. I remember NYC as being ridiculously status-conscious, very glad I got out of there.

But yeah, I agree with in general, I've found the odds of finding someone sane increase if you find them through a hobby or other non-"romantic" venue.

>/xgc/: dating advice

This.

It's fun though

Pistols are Useful.

Leather jacket isn't bulky enough

>DLC ratings?
Buy WotC/10. Sparks are cool. Rulers are a mixed bag.

chest holster > thigh holster

Wut?

I just know WotC, but I'm going to wait on that after I beat the vanilla campaign.

Sparks are from Shen's Last Gift, Alien Rulers are from Alien Hunters.

MFW Jake is a total Chad and married a stacy.

>chad and stacy
worst fucking thing /r9k/ ever came up with

>t. chad

my name is actually kind of girly

ok pat

k Alex, get back to gee ess gee so you can fix genocide

it's Kyler

>it's Kyler

told you

That's the most millennial/iGen white trash shit I've ever heard

May as well just start calling yourself Sylar and killing people now

hey I was almost named casper after the friendly ghost

I look at it as though I lucked out

What's your name, tough guy?

I swear to god I'm getting PTSD from this game. Its so fucking traumatizing when you squad gets killed. Am I doing something wrong? I feel like Im not playing the game right and I'm waiting around in the Geoscape for to long and then get assraped by sex snakes and roided out OOGA BOGAA aliens.

>caring about your name
Some anons worry about the silliest shit. You won't care what your name is when a gal is calling yours.

Just stupid.

Having people die means you are doing something wrong, but it doesn't mean you aren't playing the game right.

Cameron

>Decide to boot up EW
>Get to the mission where you recover an injured exalt operative or something like that
>All, but one of my squad die from thin mints while in heavy cover
>I aborted the mission

Pray for me.

Lol you have no room to talk faggot. Every Cameron I've ever known was a pasty limpdick.

>Lol you have no room to talk faggot. Every [Insert Name] I've ever known was a pasty limpdick.
FTFY

How the fuck do you screw that up, clear the map, grab the cunt then advance slowly so only one reinforce pod comes in at a time.

>Ironman
>Classic
>Mostly Rookie Squad
>Advance to building.
>Put heavy, and rookies down stairs in heavy cover.
>Put sniper upstairs.
>Watch as thin mint pod scrambles for cover
>Rookies all miss
>Sniper misses
>Heavy's rocket is blocked from this angle
>Hunker

Everyone dies.
Hunkering heavy gets the fuck out of dodge.

>Mostly Rookie Squad
That's your first mistake
>Hunker
A complete waste, it needs to be all or nothing usually
Why would you play Ironmeme if you don't know what you're doing

Truth hurts doesn't it?

>Mostly Rookie Squad
Everyone else was in sick bay.
>Why would you play Ironmeme if you don't know what you're doing
Because save scumming ruins the fun of playing xcom.

>Why Hunker?
Because it's either
>Dash
>Shoot with sub 20% chance
>Overwatch with sub 20% chance on targets that probably aren't moving anyway

I could either dash backwards and retreat, or fire pointlessly and risk losing my heavy as well.

>Truth hurts, doesn't it?
FTFY

>Everyone else was in sick bay.
Because you fucked up in previous missions, because you don't know what you're doing
>see Ironmeme post
>Why Hunker?
It's not "Why Hunker?", there's no point in hunkering down if the rest of the squad is in the same cover as you, hell you should've tossed grenades with one of rookies and wiped them or pulled back.

>In the same cover
But they're not