/vn/ - Anju Edition

Visual Novel General #1772

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

I LIKE LOLIS!

What would make a good OEVN?

>I LIKE LOLIS!
>posts a titty monster
kys

That's not a loli, that's old hag.

First, it has to be nonexistent.

That statement hurts. My waifu is nonexistent. She will always be in my thoughts and when I play her in the game.

Is someone working on Ai Mai Mist?

It has to take itself seriously and not be "ironic-weeb" trash. Make it the same as all Jap VNs except written in english from the start.

So something like Katawa Shoujo?

What was with that rude waitress in LAX?

That would be a good example. Even though I didn't like it that much it felt like a proper VN.

Who's this qt

Best girl from Amakano

what is the gayest vns

kindred spirits on the roof

>amakano 2 out
>nobody will ever TL either

Hadaka Shitsuji goes up there with "pretty goddamn fuckin gay mate".

Your life

Where can I find this scene with Azusa? I have read both Maki and Ai routes but I must have missed it.

That's not a loli, cowtitsfag.

ANTS

>saving thumbnails
Come on, lad. This ain't 2005 anymore.

Ask your friends in your hill. Maybe they know where it is.

Sorry about the small image, im an idiot.

did anyone notice that the gamer girl from tenioha and chaos;child both like dried squid?? what's the deal with that? I've never seen anyone eat dried squid in my life

wasn't it the enema thing from the common route?

Can't wait for the route.

anything by nitro+ chiral

This looks cute but I'm finna wait for the whole trilogy to be translated before I start it

Mooko is cute

PC Noah when?
LCC when?

Wake me up when Rakuen torrent is released.

HOW CAN YOU SEE INTO MY EYES LIKE OPEN DOORS?

This is a volleyball choice, pick another team

I can't decide if I want to rip her hose and manhandle her like a beast in heat or creampie her and make her walk around wearing them while my seed leaks out.

I wonder who's route is that

Any GNU/Linux people here? What's the best way to run VNs under GNU/Linux? A virtual machine running Windows 7 or XP?

You could try Wine but I don't think you'll have any luck. Some engines have Linux builds, but yeah I just recommend running a VM

See

Nice

Why don't we just make water from hydrogen and oxygen? I mean those elements are supposedly super common

Try guessing.

Any thoughts on the 7 vs XP front? I'm kinda struggling with hard drive space so I would like to keep it as minimal as possible. How much smaller XP is compared to 7?

Wine is always such a hassle to get working decently desu. It would help with hard drive space though.

Dunno what you're planning on playing, but I'd go for 10 or 7. XP is way too old.

You can just set the image to a variable size and with a cap, should be fine.

Hermit crabs

Wrong. Again?

Douzo, lad(s).

Reiko

I seem to recall that scene happening in the route where Monkey gets gay gangbanged in a sauna.

I've run into driver issues with XP anyway, and pretty much anything that will run on XP will run in 7 with some kind of compatibility options. 8+ sometimes runs into issues with really old stuff since they nixed DirectDraw support

>the route where Monkey gets gay gangbanged in a sauna
That's Chris' route in the original. And that's not it.

I'll go with 7 then. Thanks lads.

Best girl's route.

If you're trying to conserve space and want to have compatibility, then 7 or 10 (LTSB version; no bloat. Turn on Compact to save even more space) is probably the best way to go.

I have Linux myself and I just dual boot it. I've been through numerous Wine nightmares and it just frankly isn't worth the hassle.

Tsubone

Why don't you guy read

real books?

real books don't have anime tiddies

I do though. And I'm sure everyone did, if they went to school.

Why are you assuming I don't read books?

see

boobs

I mean like right now.
Instead of reading glorified picture books?

I finished the entire Western canon back in my 30s.

I thought only i was smart enough to do this

I feel tired and my eyes start to hurt as soon as I see a wall of text.

The way VNs present text makes it much easier to read.

I do though. These things are not mutually exclusive.

But I am. I just finished SAO and No Game No Life.

7 does lack native screenshot functionality though, which is kinda useful if you don't like relying on some other program. Personally I just switch back and forth as needed so put this shit in my AHK to get around it and use the same screenshot folder for both OSes. Does require autohotkey and nircmd obviously but both are useful programs you should have anyway.

OsVersion := ((r := DllCall("GetVersion") & 0xFFFF) & 0xFF) "." (r >> 8)
OsWin7OrLower := (OsVersion Time_Orig) {
Time_Orig := Time
NewIndexFile := A_LoopFileName
}
}
Loop, Parse, NewIndexFile, (|)
If A_LoopField is integer
NewIndexNum := A_LoopField
ScreenshotIndex := NewIndexNum
MsgBox, Screenshot indexing complete. Repeat hotkey to take screenshot.
}
Else {
Run nircmd savescreenshot "%ScreenshotFolder%\Screenshot (%ScreenshotIndex%).png"
SoundPlay, *64
}
ScreenshotIndex++
Return

But i do. I've just finished reading Princep's Fury.

Just use ALT+PrintScreen like a normal person.

Please stop using that filename. Thanks.

a normal person uses sharex though

After reading David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest there's not much point in reading "real" books anymore.

But that requires you to open up an external editor to save your screenshot doesn't it? Win+Printscreen automatically saves as a png with an ascending filename so it is hella convenient. Script is just to replicate the functionality and keep a consistent naming scheme with another OS if you're dualbooting 7+10 or something but I guess otherwise there's probably easier solutions.

Holy shit, that is exactly me.

What's the Infinite Jest of VNs?

I've just got kind of an aversion to installing some extra program just to take screenshots... I guess technically I'm doing that with nircmd but I rationalize it by remembering that I use that for other things too.

Is White Album 2 a nukige?

Yes

Subahibi

Normally I'd agree, but it's open source and barely uses resources so I don't see any reason to not use it.

>Not taking pictures with your phone
Stay pleb

Well if you're on W8+ you can do it natively anyway with win+prtscr provided you're playing fullscreen.

If you're not playing fullscreen then you're doing everything wrong and I kind of hate you.

I just read Subahibi. What are some VNs that are as good or almost as good?

Please Bang My Wife

Ikikoi is superior in my opinion

Some VNs sadly scale like complete shit in fullscreen

DDLC

>high school setting

Just set desktop resolution to the game's native res before launching if it tries to scale itself in a retarded way.

Who is the main protagonist of Subahibi? Yuki or Tomosane?

Do not open the picture if you haven't finished the first half of the 8th door in The House in Fata Morgana.
God damn, I never was SO incredibly enraged with a fictional character in all my life. This is the first time, I actually read through a story arc as fast as possible, because I just wanted it to be over. It's almost
>"I'm literally shaking right now"
tier of anger I'm feeling. A single second more of that would've broken me. I never understood how people can get so overly emotional with a VN, especially when it comes to the feeling of hate. For example when MC gets cheated on or his friend betrayed him. I thought "It's all fictional, so what". Now I know better. Somebody PLEASE tell me she doesn't get away with any of it.

Joke's on you, I already opened that image before I read the rest of that first sentence.

Also nircmd is useful for this, for example nircmd setdisplay 1280 720 32 will instantly set resolution to 1280 x 720 without any additional confirmations. Just make shortcuts for every resolution you need to switch to frequently.

Borderless Gaming can sometimes be a useful tool for the rare game that still gives you problems with this method.

>Somebody PLEASE tell me she doesn't get away with any of it.
She kinda does iirc, but that's the point. You'll see.

The track that plays during the torture scene really sets the tone. Good shit.

me

I can barely self-insert in any character because I'm in my early twenties and they are all in middle-high school. At least in manga you have Seinen that deal with adults lifes, but like 90% of VNs are about teens. s m h!