/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Other urls found in this thread:

streaming.media.ccc.de/34c3/halla
pastebin.com/vMrKYsTh
pastebin.com/ChC1G9Z1
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Shaders_and_Filters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bampu

vita emulator when

PS2 emulator when?

filters

blue vaseline

Let's go

Unless PPSSPP adds an option to force all games to run at 60, it's completely useless as an emulator.

almost crispy but not really

Clean version

certified crispy, the way it's mean to be played.

aren't you the guy who really really wanted 60fps king's field 2? did you give up?

Of course I gave up. Beetle PSX HW is dead.

>Nearly 2018
>Still no way to use SGB colors for GB games on RetroArch without messing with bsnes
You can't really blame normies for using standalone emus when bullshit like this happens.

Because Gambatte doesn't support fake SGB. I suppose if someone got VBA-M's GB core to build, that could work since VBA-M had that feature.

However, I'd much rather see someone make Snes9x implement SGB with Gambatte, then we could have faster SNES emulation with actual SGB support.

>make Snes9x implement SGB with Gambatte

Two words: Incompatible licenses. That's probably why no one has done that yet, they'd have to write their own Game Boy emulator that has their non-commercial license.

Lara BTFO

It could be useful if there was a Wiki or something (specifically to libretro) where people could document missing features from emulator cores present in their standalone counterparts.

Fuck the licenses, just do it anyway for science

Is Project64 still full of malware, or is it now safe to use? I got rid of it the second I heard that it was fucking stuff up.

CCC Switch talk happening now if you guys are interested

streaming.media.ccc.de/34c3/halla

Wow Citra is a fucking pain in the ass.

CRISPY

does ePSXe support Switch Pro Controllers?
Controller works fine on other emulators (GBA, SNES, ect)

Is this another case of QUALITY localization?

>does an emulator that hasn't been touched in years support a relatively new controller?

What is a good sourec for undubs? I want to play Xenosaga with jap voices

Works fine with mednafen/beetle.

>mfw so out of touch of the emulation scene nowadays

am gonna check those out then

and i meant to reply to

romhacking.net is your best bet

This
looks much better than this

Thats nothing:
pastebin.com/vMrKYsTh

Probably. I believe the Pro controller uses DirectInput so most applications should read it.

Should I play on led display or connect a crt to my pc?

Run a DisplayPort splitter cable from your GPU directly to your eyes.

A handheld train simulator? What is the world coming to?

It's for Japanese, so they can simulate trains while in trains.

>mudlord now hates SP

WTF happened?

Japanese love trains. They have the best railroad system in the world though.

You can almost hear his little anxious nerd voice and feel the tears falling on his keyboard.

>discordite calling other platforms shit

Probably started when SP started supporting Byuu and Byuu started giving some some love back to SP. You know, Mudlord has a crush on Byuu but is also kinda jealous and possessive.

Who's this guy and what's his story?

He is angry.
Angry about emulators.

But...but why? How can anyone be driven so mad over emulation? What's his beef with it? Did he make MAME?

Someone needs to make a portable train simulator that features Jap passengers playing portable train simulators.

What is the best RetroArch shader without autistic scanlines?
The ntsc ones are close to what I expect, but it looks blurry as fuck.

Fucking clown.

The power of autism.

And anime.

How about a simulator that features a japanese neet playing a train simulator that features japanese passangers playing portable simulators?

No, you are

Living the dream baby!

i see he's got his verification bottle ready

What movie did he watch?

Didn't tell.

What do you think he watched?

wtf is happening with the Launchbox drama?

I hope this was a self-aware joke. While Doritos are fucking great, I wouldn't seriously post about eating them.

Anyone else just see that hilarious email from the LaunchBox dev?

pastebin.com/ChC1G9Z1

tldr:
>some faggot makes his living by torrenting roms, copying them to massive hard drives, loading them with hyperspin and tons of artwork and video previews from emumovies.com, and selling them illegally
>some mods over at the Launchbox forums, who are probably associated with emumovies (who charge you to download their database of artwork/videos), organize copyright claims against the faggot's Youtube videos
>faggot gets mad, emails LaunchBox dev Jason
>tells Jason he's going to pirate LaunchBox and distribute his unlocked licensed software for free to pirates, if Jason doesn't call off his mods
>Jason basically tells him to fuck off, and that he's going to send a mass email to every LaunchBox user and essentially unleash the hounds upon him

I love this kind of shit.

I remember being able to edit shader parameters in real time on retroarch windowed mode, have they disabled that or what am I missing?

I was gifted a yearly license on black friday but wouldn't mind a permanent one

Anyone have any experience with the Samsung Galaxy S7/S8 and running emulators up to Gamecube? Apparently the S8s sold outside the US have a processor that can't handle Dolphin

I have a PC but I need something much smaller to kill time at work, and wouldn't mind playing fucking GAMECUBE on a goddamn phone, but I need to know which model to get

Why does pcsx2 crash when loading a game for me unless I restart my PC?

What's causing this and what's being changed when I restart the PC that fixes it?

>why is shit shit?

>make a living charging subscription fees for a front-end
>go out of your way to fuck with someone who makes a living selling roms
>shocked when they threaten to release unlocked versions of your software
Seems like they should have seen this coming.
Without knowing anything about either of these people and going solely off of your post, I'm finding it hard not to side with the guy cracking LaunchBox.

what should i be using instead?

What game?

.hack//infection

You'll need to go to an alternate timeline where PS2 emulation didn't go down the fucking toilet. Or convince the RPCS3 devs to make a PS2 emulator.

>Is Project64 still full of malware
no

I'll take that as a yes. Peddle your malware somewhere else.

how would a 7700HQ handle multithreaded angrylions?

The ps4 and switch are now hacked but still no 360 CFW that doesn't require hardmoding. No wonder 360 emulation is lagging so far behind.

it would need games first

could you install windows on ps4?

?

I'm completed the quadrology fine on PCSX2. Good news is the follow-up trilogy is natively on PC now :^)

not vigilante 8

>I'll take that as a yes. Peddle your malware somewhere else.
not sure if trolling or schizophrenia...

Should I repeat myself. No one wants your barely functional malware. Go away.

>he thinks zilmar actually visits these boards.
just LOL

>want to try citra
>no idea how to get games
if only there was a wiki that described the process

Bad news is that the GU series is utter shit full of bland characters.

Who are you quoting?

Myself, problem?

If you cant find this info on your own then this is not a hobby for you.

>The power of autism.
just stop...

he has more than just "autism". he takes meds for stuff like schizophrenia iirc.

>WTF happened?
ikr? mind = blown. i remember him always getting along with sp and going out of his way to help out with libretro.

fair point, but hasn't SP been endorsing byuu for months now? i never saw the slightest hint of this rift between the 2, up until i saw that irc log posted here today.

>Huge amount of games that I can emulate and play.
>Don't feel like it
How do I ascend past this feel?

You say that, but I got 3DNUS, got two steps into the initial config, and now all it does is crash.

Maybe get the armchair programmers off github.

Regarding the amiibo "emulation"

Do I have to buy NFC chips? Is there no way to just tap my phone on to the system?

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

They're PCSX2, hps2x64, Play! and DamonPS2. You're welcome.

>This emulator is shit because it doesn't allow me to do something that I shouldn't be able to because it breaks a lot of stuff
Kys.
Also the option is already there anyways, they're called "60FPS Cheats".

What am I missing over here?
He's right. If their current way of approaching a problem is not working, maybe try a different one.
Is this just the average shitty /emugen/ hatred?

Which video plugin are you using?
If you're using gsdx32-avx, try to use a different one like gsdx32-sse4.1 to see what happens.

I'd be mad too if I had such shit taste.

Should I use sharp-bilinear filter?

No...Just add good crt shader or scanlines instead. Pixels are supposed to be pixels my friend.

See

Well, but it's exactly for pixels that I am aiming for. This is in the wiki by the way:
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Shaders_and_Filters

Pixellate
This shader is supposed to appear the same as nearest neighbor (aka "unfiltered"), except with minor corrections when using a non-integer scale that are increasingly less noticeable the higher it is scaled.(...)A newer alternative that does the same thing (but may give sharper results) is the sharp-bilinear shader, which prescales the image to a high resolution, then downscales using bilinear scaling.