/niohg/ - Nioh General

I'm not letting this general die Edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Taken from us prematurely:

>tfw can't beat Date Masamune in dlc1
Send lube.

New fromsoft game when.

As long as you're not dying to the rushing stab like an idiot, just use short hits to deplete his Ki and then keep backing off. You can chicken out of the LW stuff by just running and waiting for it to end but it's perfectly possible to attack him through it if you're careful.
If all else fails just cheese the shit out of it with Daiba-Washi GS attack to keep cancelling his LW.

ded thred

how much damage izanagi gives? Anyone?

If you mean the health recover, a lot. It's like an extra 15% and can be kept up permanently. It's the best damage grace.

jeez, that's nice

>tfw can't be bothered to beat Date Masamune in dlc2 in the dojo

the first fight against him was a complete joke but this sub mission fight where he has essentially infinite uptime on his LWs and can endlessly spam is just obnoxious and boring

what's a good armor set to use with 2kat/1kat?
i'm currently wearing wotw helm and a gallantry armor plate, the rest is red demon armor

You can either get good and learn his stuff and how to avoid it, learn to use some gimmicky human cheese option, or keep playing until you outgear it and can facesmash your way to victory.
Nioh strongly promotes options 2 and 3.

>Red Demon
Are you aiming for Agility A? Yagyu's is alright for kats on a first playthrough if you're going for light armour. Might be harder to get hold of though.
Don't use Red Demon if you're not going Agility A.

Imagine if Nioh were a quality combat game based around timing and spacing, instead of a gear race where you rush to become strong enough to one-shot every boss and ignore all the mechanics.

yea, i'm not really aiming for agility a
b is good enough
but i really don't know what to use instead of red demon
your advice?

I'm assuming you're in the middle of a first playthrough which just means you don't have many sets available to you. WotW ends up being used for most people's first run simply because it's everywhere and you can get upgraded pieces off every revenant. WotW is not a bad set for a first playthrough at all.
If you're able to mix 4pc Master Swordsman and 4pc WotW that's probably the best you're going to get pre-DLC on a first run, but you don't need to obsess about sets and gear that early because everything will be replaced so quickly.

yeah I don't really have no problem with his attack patterns or anything, it's just that I have enough of an opening to get 1-2 attacks in or a final blow in after he's spent 5 minutes exhausting his ki so i'm pretty sure it will take me literally like 30 minutes to an hour to kill him with how little damage I do to him so I'm just waiting until I get better gear

You can speed this up by learning optimal out-of-Ki combos instead of just a final blow. With kats for example you can at the very least get 2x critical Iai draws before you final blow, more if you're doing back hit resets.

nah, i'm not in the middle, i finished the final mission of the dlc

I've seen some webms of this with 2kats but idk how to really do it with 1kat

Without going into the harder stuff you can just stop on the last attack which breaks Ki and start doing Iai draws.
The out of Ki state normally leaves humans stunned for a second which is where you'd usually grapple. On your last attack which triggers this you pulse into Iai draw which will knockdown, then Iai draw again, then final blow.
That's about 3x the damage of doing grapple.

This is the Tonfa version of that, just replace Focused Strikes with Iai's.

OK then you have access to proper sets and Yasakani Magatama. So you can do something like
- 4pc WotW (Sword, Bow, 1 armour piece)
- 3pc Seven Misfortunes (2 armour pieces)
- 4pc Master Swordsman's Power (2kat, 2 armour piece)
- 2pc Saika's Tatagarasu (gun)

thanks, i'll try that

does "change to attack" stack? like i have bow with CCA strength and i put CCA on my main weapon

The stat on your bow is only increasing your bow damage.

>have to redefile everything again
>that fucking RNG in graces
just fucking end my life already

Yeah, graces are neat and all but leaving them to chance with no real in game do-overs is a huge pain. Good luck if you want a specific star skill on top of whatever grace you need. The fact that some gear can still be short one stat roll entirely doesn’t help matters either.

For how much min/maxing is involved in this game in general, they really want you to suffer for perfect rolls.

yeah i got what i wanted after 10 retries thanks to savescumming. lucky me

>quit playing for two weeks
>log back in
>main save is gone
Welp.
There was only the abyss left anyway, but I'm still mildly miffed.

how the fuck does that even happen

At first I thought creating a new game overwrote the old one (as a bug maybe) but I used my main save last so it's highly unlikely.

well that sucks man. Are you on PC? May be you can download someone's save

Nevermind, I'm a fucking retard. I still had the pirated copy and started the game with its icon instead of my legit copy.

where can I farm divine kingos pieces? Finished all missions on ng. Have a decent kat and using wotw+kingos mixture and wotw is already divine figured I'd get it kingos too before ng+ or should I not even bother and just pick shit up along the way?

Did you finish DLC?

Does the hayabusa set lower shuriken damage?

no I don't have it unfortunately. I got the regular game when it was on sale. Is the dlc good? I had fun with base game because I like how the combat works but enemy variety is really lacking and once you figure out how to deal with some larger yokai all encounters end up being samey

yeah, DLCs are very good and add a ton of shit. I'd suggest you to buy it.

>Get dual swords mystic art.
>Particle effect triggers multiple times on every attack.
>Framerate tanks.

jesus crist why low katana stance is so fucking good and why i didn't start using it earlier

DLC adds new enemies and throws some of them into the older areas, so that should help mix things up a bit for you.

You can try your luck in Request From Ginchyo on way of the strong farming revinants, or just use some divine shards and craft it. The centipede mats should be a cake walk to get at that point and once you get the set divine you are pretty much done anyway - until you get the DLC and enter way of the demon at least.

>or just use some divine shards and craft it
dude I completely fucking missed that you can press triangle and use your divine fragments to make an item divine when crafting jesus christ. I have a bunch of fragments from dismantling divines from side quests and had centipede fang, thanks

>Get silly snek down to its last head
>sits back and spams projectiles, then lands on me and oneshots me

t-thanks

Throw on some prayer beads and equip that shiny new peacock. You can drop the damage it does by nearly 35%. If it can still kill you in a hit you need to get some health.

Best ways to farm amrita if you're underleveled?

marobashi

Thanks.

>that spider arena in abyss

how can you parry hayabusa fag?

Nioh is really hard guys.

Thats like the easiest one though?

I didn’t think you could learn sign of the cross that early in the game.

You can literally learn SotC as your 2nd skill from the very first shrine.

Okay, I'm new to this game so let me get this flux straight. Flux 1 is to just press RB at the right moment to make William flash. Flux 2 is literally changing a stance in the middle of Flux 1 and that will give me a boost in my ki recovery, so if I'm in middle stance, then I press RB and then do a stance change, right?

>tfw no mad spinner star skill

I thought for sure it took one of the dojo quests to unlock. Oh well, whatever.

Pretty much.

Is there even a complete list of star skills anywhere? I’d hate to spend a ton of time crafting shit trying to get some impossible stat.

That one bridge with a poop monster and a raven tengu on it in date shigezane mission is the toughest enemy in the game
I don't even know how many times a host or I fell down there

What if I want to remain in middle stance but do a flux?

Then switch back afterwards or use an Odachi.

>combo from mid stance to high/low stance
>flux back to mid stance