/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-CHAT-
discord.gg/wAaqXgr

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

>Switch
[Dec 20] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert will hold a 34c3 lecture on December 28. events.ccc.de/congress/2017/Fahrplan/events/8941.html

>Wii
[Dec 13] Flashax, a web browser entrypoint, has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/491674

>PS4
[Dec 14] 5.03 released. wololo.net/2017/12/14/ps4-update-5-03-released

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/reswitched/pegaswitch/commits/master
youtube.com/watch?v=ivuzcttfLcs
bakamplayer.u8sand.net/index.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/hbg/ is garbage

Why does nobody discuss 360 or Xbox one in these threads?

>last thread wasn't even on page 8
>make new thread
>still no Vita news
Kill yourself.

Xth for 3.0.0 no games
Xth for 3.0.1+ never ever

yes but only because autists like me hold keys to full blown system access because we own special units with hardware and software and crypto flaws.

Vita prototype devkits (with pspgo formfactor) have crypto issues as well as hardware issues that carried over to final devkits but we need the prototypes to figure them out

The Vita is garbage.

what's there to discuss about 360? if you care about hacking a 360 jtags and rgh hardmods have existed forever. softmods never ever.

no one gives a shit about xbox one, it's a locked down windows 10 pc.

Do you love CEMU shitposts about playing on PC? Then you'll love the gloating about pirating Zelda/Mario/Xenoblade coming in the following months now. At least Pokemon can be locked down for now.

>Switch
>we have kernel exploit but won't share it

nani

No one mentioned it, so blame yourself for not telling anyone faggot
only turbocuck soyboys own them

only the finest leet haxoring skills allowed

They've already peeked into 4.0 so that must surely confirm there's a recently discovered exploit or it can be spoofed from 3.0 at the very least.
If you want some NEVER EVER hope anyway.

>No one mentioned it, so blame yourself for not telling anyone faggot
See .
Now go kill yourself.

You can't even run Kickass Homebrew™ without kernel exploit, right? What's the point releasing something on github then?

request kek

generate & wrap kek

"Poke them a bit and..."

So you can build your new-and-improved Fun Homebrew™ for when some other kind fucker releases an exploit.

meh not newsworthy enough, all non-retarded people already had PSN anyway

What did you guys expect anyway? This is already a pretty significant breakthrough for a system not even a year old.
Plus they're ethical hackers, they aren't gonna release something that will put the system at risk at piracy this early on.

We already have a fucking homebrew environment. They just really don't want you to know about it.
github.com/reswitched/pegaswitch/commits/master
ReSwitched uses a different userland library and the cartel is mad about not being able to dictate it.

>all those Switch games
Now I understand why people want Switch piracy.

REEEE I WOULD GO BUY ONE RIGHT NOW BUT REEEEEEE

>This is already a pretty significant breakthrough for a system not even a year old.
People have TrustZone code exec. We want something tangible for fuck's sake.

IS IT TOO LATE FOR ME TO STOP UPDATING MY PS4?
I'M AT LIKE 5.02 RIGHT NOW I THINK
IS IT TOO LATE?
AM I FUCKED
HOW MANY YEARS APROX. UNTIL EXPLOIT IS RELEASED FOR ME?

with how terrible hacked PS3s were i dont give a single fuck about PS4 CFW

5 years

I don't see a problem. Piracy seemingly has little effect on sales, as shown by the Wii in particular. Switch also has the "benefit" of being stuck on 3.0, be it permanently or for ethical reasons thus far, so that will definitely not hinder it in the long-run.

What fw does a new switch come with?

Exactly. This exploit kind of has it's own anti piracy measure built in. They are stuck to 3.0.0 and lower games, which isn't many.

Remember smhax was only released because Nintendo found it and patched it independently in 3.0.1.

Beyond 3.0.0.

Might as well update.

Literally only 1 or 2 games come out every year that are worth pirating on the PS4, the rest have PC versions. You're SOL, just stop being poor.

I do because I'm a filthy dirty poor brazzillian and for me buying games is a chore
I hope it doesn't take too mu-
I should have said time but that's kind of realistic and it pains me

here let me tell you how simple that shit is by comparing it to a PS4 app.pkg (a digitally mountable iso with decryption on the fly, this is a complicated thing so im ignoring it)

On the 5th byte of the pkg (which again is an iso not a ps3 style pkg), changing that single byte from the value 83 to 00 makes the ps4 treat it as a development package.

for example, if you have dev hardware and run the [star] check function on a title, it will return information about its sdk, symbols, patches, elfs compatible inputs, anything really, but only if its set to 00. you can take a retail game, put it on the system through some means, it wont boot, but running the check function will return an error and give nothing. if you then change the byte at 0x04 to "00" it will read as a developer package and return info as expected (some extra errors too but whatever)

the point is even a SINGLE FUCKING BYTE changed on something gave results. Its not a surprise that just fucking around can heed results.

people had no idea this was even a thing til i dropped it assuming everyone knew. apparently nobody did and it helped us find more variations on that byte. so far we have 00 = dev, 81 = kiosk/demo/other 83 = retail

Currently, above 3.0.0. At least in the US.

is it worth spending $360 to demo Xenoblade Chronicles 2? I mean hax are coming right? These jewtendo fucks are trying to charge $60 for ARMS pre-owned

so how to get a 3.0 switch?

early skew bundle from Singapore

Splatoon 2 bundles ship with 2.3 and 3.0.

>Switch gets everything you need but no exploit to use it
>PS4 gets the exploit but nothing else
Piracy was a mistake.

>and nothing else
you clearly dont know what to do then.

I certainly wouldn't be in /hbg/ if I did know, would I?

>Switch gets everything you need
based 1080p docked lava lamps

if you did know youd be pirating right now since your new limit is 4.05 or below for piratable games

>mpv
edgy

hax is literally nothing

personally I'd wait for a new improved model before buying a switch but if money isn't a issue then go get it.

yea nah MH is only a month away

if piracy works on

Potentially. Depends if they make the exploit work on every

Does it really matter waitfags? You're are all idiots. Just buy the both switch/ps4 and update them regardless.
Then when CFW is out, you just export your saves (what really matters) into the new console and get free games, then sell your old shitty one.
That's literally it. You get to enjoy current games and in the future you get to enjoy every other game.

Time for some emulation on switch
youtube.com/watch?v=ivuzcttfLcs

So my PS3's hard drive died a while back after I downgraded it with an E3 flasher and it was on Rebug 4.80. I finally got a new drive for it, and tried to install the latest Rebug via the recovery menu but it's acting like the update isn't valid.

Is it easier to just install 4.82 and use the methods available for 4.82 or do I have to use the Rogero downgrader or something like that to get it to work?

>buy all the games you care about
>piracy comes out
>you don't actually need it 'cause you already bought every game you care about besides like two that haven't come out yet
sounds like a great plan mate

The point is your console and physical games are still there, and can be still sold for money after having bought them. You don't have to buy every single triple A game, just the ones you can't wait for. I can't imagine having more than 2-3 games on switch you'd want to buy other than mario games and xeno 2. Bitch please.

which media player would compare today? before 3 years mpv was the go to player, has anything changed?

vlc

has that super ultimate gba injector come out yet?

really? it had issues with correct colour display visible i.e. on gradients. Has anything improved?

>vlc

I read on wololo.net that someone claimed they have a working exploit for the ps4 that is unreleased for up to eh current version. I'm on like 4.73, so I am too far updated for hacks currently. Is anyone else deciding to wait for hacks for further updates? I want to play Yakuza kiwami

>I can't imagine having more than 2-3 games on switch you'd want to buy other than mario games and xeno 2.
that's the point my man, if i buy the good games then what's the point of having piracy when it comes out? So that you can play shitty port of multiplats?
I've seen countless user here venting about how the new ps3 exploit is useless to them 'cause they already had (as in, bought) every game they cared about besides vesperia.

There's an exploit for the current firmware. It just sure as shit isn't getting released any time soon.

mpv is still the go to player for many.
either that or mpc-hc.
personally i use baka-mplayer which is a frontend for mpv but the great thing is it has youtube-dl integarated so you can just control+v any link from pretty much any videohoster including google drive or openload and itll just play that link right in it.
bakamplayer.u8sand.net/index.php
you can still obviously sett mpv settings manualy per config but theres a nice settings menu for the things that you might want to change often.

Why is the hack scene so shit that the niggers that develop hacks are power hungry and decide not to release it to blueball everybody?

maybe it's not ready for the public? or they're afraid of sony?

wow, thanks for that. I like it.

most likely afraid of sony, they don't want another geohot situation. they dox you, fbi raids your house, and they take you to court.

anyone else sitting on a 1.0 switch?

i'm strongly debating staying on it in case downgrading becomes a thing (and necessary) for CFW later and its possible to brick

Yo so I'm installing all my legally purchased games from my OFW PS3 to my CFW PS3, is there a way to bulk install pkg files?

Downgrading will be to 3.0 if anything. So you need to go the other way.

Quick, can we update games using PSN that we installed with Mai on a Henkaku'd Vita?
If not, is there any way to have 3DS-like official updates for pirated games?

They made NoNpDRM for that shit, nigger. Get up to date.

Fire emblem warriors is not in the fucking freeshop/titlekeysite? Are you fucking kidding me?

So I have a 3DS XL on like 9.X that I can't put back together because of those shitty top-screen ribbon cables. Any advice on how to put them together?

I'm usually out of the loop with this shit. I remember when this nonpdrm thing was happening there was another file format war starting so I thought I'd let that blow over. Seems like nonpdrm won from what you're saying.
So has everyone redownloaded and reinstalled their games?
And do trophies carry over?
Do I need double space to install Nonpdrm games?
Or is it like Mai where I just need enough space for the game?

So did we get any new info about the Switch/PS4 yet?

What is even the optimal Vita Henkaku setup now?
Are people installing games with pkgi nowadays and does pkgi install games in NoNpDrm format?

Does anyone has a link yo USA Fire emblem warriors that isn't tampered with? Aka clean cia

Geez alright:
Yes, delete everything and get the games again.
Trophies are kept.
Only need the exact space of the game since it just moves into different folders.

PKGI is the best and easiest way to get games.

>boot Henkaku
>set up Enso for permanent hack
>set up NoNpDRM
>install PKGI
>now getting games is just going through a list and clicking install

DLC/Updates need to be done manually though via getting them online and then transferring them to the Vita to install with NoNpDRM (just drag and drop then hit refresh in Vitashell to install).

Anyone at all? Shit is frustrating as all hell

thanks
thanks also
I do now remember setting up nonpdrm but after i tried it with a couple of games, i was getting problems with the game not copying properly so I gave up. game was Rogue Legacy, haven't tried since, but I might try again now.

The eShop has it.

ScriesM just posted in the ReSwitched discord that if you have a switch on 1.0 STAY ON IT. He referred to the userland exploit as a consolation prize.

1.0 hacks at the moment give rise to emuNAND capabilities which means updates + games.

Stop being a nigger, user-san

hmm, just checked and it's not on titlekeys.gq for some reason so how is it on freeshop? weird.

Got my Switch like a few weeks after launch and it already had 2.0 on it so fucking good luck with that.

3dsiso has it I believe, but fuck all those adfly links. The real question is why in the name of fuck has it not appeared on the titlekey site.

It's not on freeshop either.

My freeshop isn't showing jackie shit. Im on whatever latest shit they have.
GOOD fucking question. Been out of commission for 3 whole months just to get nothing

>1.0

Do you even know how fucking impossible it is to find one on that firmware? It's already a bitch to get a 3.0 model.

i got my switch 2 months ago from target and it was on 1.0

i got so lucky

I have a unopened day 1 switch in my closet all sealed up. I assume that one is 1.0

You better check the serial number to be sure.

>tfw got two Switches last summer and left one in the box
feelsgoodman

>japanese warriors
FUCK

>new wii entrypoint released
For what purpose?, isn't that shit hackable on the latest firmware just by using an SD?