/xgg/- Xenogame General #59

Please be courteous to your fellow anons and mark your spoilers properly.
If it's a big plot/character reveal or happens in chapter 6 or onward, just spoiler tag it.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/eQSFxyyc

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=970837341

>Read-Only backup of the Info Doc
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JGCC9PLsDuBhL7riV3xwCDpUJ2zieEWk

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ug-RW1n44Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Without penta chips and being max level you can't really reliably dodge superbosses, so it's all avoidance through Scorpion Tail and sheer healing for the rest.

>OP pic is the official wallpaper from nintendo JP.
>Updated advanced FAQ with combat and other stuff
>Updated the elemental chart: single pic with both sorted by starting element and element finisher.

Is it this one?

SMILE STATUS PROTECTED.

Some of these quests are downright annoying drags though.

Yeah. Easier to track than having 2 imgur link imo.

Cloud Sea King Ken is literally "have lvl 4 special/stage 3 blade combo ready for Tenacle Storm and win"

and level 4s and crit heal obv, though the latter is hampered by the lack of moon matter chips

What does Self-Destruct do? More damage?

What are all the zones you can mine? I've done all the lvl 1 prospecting from all of them but I only have 3 rare minerals and need a 4th for her lvl 2 prospecting.

It seals it. So they don't blow up

I play on an outdated TV that crops out the edges of the screen with no way to fix it. I literally have no idea when I have a level 4 special charged. I beat Cloud Sea King Ken this way.

I just looked it up on the xenoblade Wiki. You are probably missing the spirit spire elpys or w/e one.

they seal the attacks so the enemy can't do them

In settings/setup you can adjust the screen's ratio and resolution

So when a certain boss tries using a certain "fuck you" attack, is it possible to dodge it using one of those tank blade evasion moves or is it a special case?

What the hell do you think I meant when I said there is no way to fix it? Did you really think I hadn't thought to try that? The Switch simply does not let you change the ratio and resolution on certain sets. It's fucking infuriating.

evasion moves and level 4s will infact dodge it

>Finish her quest
>Ore appraiser disappears
>You can't do anything with the ore you get from level 3 prospecting

>mobs does dance
>doom
>wait what it did nothing
>30 seconds later
>2 party members drop like flies

WHAT

Why the hell did they decide to change the announcer's voice in the English dub? One of the best parts of the combat is the over the top Jap dub announcer going nuts with fusion combos and chain attacks, but that element is completely neutered in the English dub. What the fuck were they thinking?

Because they changed the names for Driver combos and didn't want to rehire the japanese guy to do that over again. Maybe because Topple and Launch would have been hard to say for him.

have a tantrum about it bitch

Pretty sure "Adjust screen size" works as long as it's plugged into a TV.

Indol seems like it gives good rewards for salvinging turn ins, where should I salvage?

anywhere, doesn't matter

Down and Rising have more or less the same meaning as Topple and Launch, and I think there is only one 3rd stage special finisher with a different name in the Jap dub. Seems to me they changed it just for the sake of changing it, and they made no attempt at capturing the same energy that the original voice carried.

it's extra stupid considering the jap announcer still speaks english, although sometimes he shouts incomprehensible shit

I think Second Sun and Electrolysis do that. I love Electrofire Storm though.

>finish dagas' quest
>affinity tree resets

isnt that the charm though
i love the jap voicepack so much

>finish dagas quest
>affinity chart resets, 1 aux slot increased to 3, exclusive field skills all replaced with useful ones
>finish godfrey quest
>nothing happens

Is there any reason to use pyra instead of mythra in combat? Honestly M just seems better.

fire specials, thats the only reason.

Lightspeed Flurry is just that dumb. At least Pyra still packs a huge punch with fire special.

When does cloud sea king ken show up? It's foggy weather and squids every else, still no Ken.

It get's even worse later when you get another level of special effects on her. Mythra's ability to shit out arts and charge blade combos left and right is far too useful. I seldom even change off her in combat, only moving to Agate or Roc for smash combos or early elemental chains.

He's right in front of you when you warp to Central Ether Boulder on the lower level.

Seems to me you're just being a stupid faggot as usual.

It is kind of funny how Mythra is a liability early on because her affinity chart is from scratch and you really need fire for most combo combination. Then, when you reach the fourth affinity key, the balance is completely upside down and she makes nearly other blades only useful for special and driver combo.

>do quest for theory and practice
>walk into the icy palace for that
>zenobia quest triggers
>main story quest triggers
this is hard to follow

Nope, don't see him. Is he actually locked until you beat the game?

sure you're in the right weather? are there level 80 monsters around?

the fuck, i also use agate and roc with mythra for the driver combo for like 90% of the game as well

He might be chapter 10 only

Agate was the first attack blade I managed to roll on Rex so I stopped rolling on him. Then I accidently realized I had full smash combo power as long as one of my other drivers break. Had no reason to swap off of them since.

It makes sense, dual axes and big axe allow Rex
to do most of the combo.
personally I just use a generic big axe blade for that because my Agate is stuck in Nia.

like its not surprising that many came to the conclusion to use that setup.

Agate is pretty fine on Nia. With Ursula or a generic knuckle claw blade as her third, she covers all but Smash.

>dual axes
yeah my favorite weapon is the ring axes, although Zeke's Big Bang Axe is a close second

Foggy weather, filled with Saammel Squood at the lake.
I'm only at chapter 6 though

to do fire blade combos I guess, she gets a bonus damage for that, otherwise her only function is to effectively cuck you out of using any other fire blade in your party and there's tons of cute fire blades so you can probably figure out how much I like her

>do the salvage king quest
>go get new rank
>didnt rank up
fucking jews i mean popon

agate was my first rare blade ever and got her on rex, you can imagine how fucking happy I was when I eventually got roc and my rex setup was complete

The user who said that said that builds in X were shit compared to Ether Blossom should go watch saltyman's videos.

The worst part about her is how I got her so early and then played some 4-5 chapters before I was able to start increasing her affinity. It's kinda BS how some of them are locked so far into the game while others are just trust levels.

eh affinity isn't that important while doing the story, hell by chapter 7 I still had bores at level 1 because didn't read how to unlock the rest LOL, he still healed like a motherfucker

>It was earth all along
I'm so fucking done.

There's your problem. Cloud Sea king Ken only shows up post game.

Almost like you're supposed to meme with commons. Rares and story blades having overpowered combat values was a monolithic mistake

im so fucking done at the very end of the game

Commons can potentially be better than the majority of rares.

At what chapter does the whole world open up and I can just faf around doing all the quests, rolling blades and maxing them out?

Im actually surprised this game feels more Final Fantasy than several of the last iterations of that franchise, though it could just be the jrpg aspect. Its been pretty fun although I wish they went for a single art style for the characters and polished the story and characters more.

I'm watching the cutscene right now and it's making me mad.

You can always run around doing whatever you want at any time. All the places in the world are available at chapter 9. Most Blade Quests can be done by chapter 7 and only a few affinity charts can't be done until chapter 9.

Is it worth using agate over zenobia on rex, I have both on him because rng hates me sometimes. Type advantage says use agate, but zeno is stupidly strong.

Yes because now you can use Roc to Smash without losing a blade combo that you can do yourself.

You transfer Zenobia over to Zeke and use Agate on Rex.

Why? Why would it make you mad?

Dont have zeke yet, im just wondering until then.

Because the whole story has been stealing things from other things but doing it way worse. I hoped they would at least come up with an original ending but it's just fucking trigun.

You can faf around all you like pretty much from the start. The tutorials basically end with chapter 4 and you get your last party member in chapter 6, which is when you should start using the cores you've been getting. Chapters 7-10 are the real faffing about chapters since the whole world is accessible.

shulk.....lay off the dance apples

this is honestly the greatest rpg battle theme of all time. OF ALL TIME youtube.com/watch?v=ug-RW1n44Hg

except rares aren't that strong lol, zenobia is the only good one

Yes but those are crap rares. People's teams are largely if not entirely a brick of rares pulls willing

Any time? CH3 lets you hold more than 28 blades. End of CH4 gives you a new driver so you can roll more shit out
Merc missions really speed up unlocking common affinity charts and you don't want to kill yourself dealing with the absolute fucking shitcock garbage that is the blade UI.

He'd be on an Ice Cabbage diet plan but the Bionis has a different idea.

being earth doesn't change a fucking thing retard, the nu-humans of alrest have fuck all to do with past humanity

Everything's been done to death. It's all ripoffs of ripoffs of ripoffs

>Rolling commons on rex to get more weapon types and elemental coverage to try and put something together
>Pull Finch on Rex
youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

Except that at the end of the game it becomes earth again

yeah I also remember earth having a bionis head protruding from the fuckin ocean floor

Spoil me if you must, but will Morag and Zeke be permanent party members, or should I stick with Rex/Nia/Tora? I'm on my way to stop that giant spider weapon that Jin activated in Temperantia.

I don't want to start activating cores on them if they're just going to leave.

Yes. Morag will join first, then Zeke will show up. Both are permanent members.

they all die and permanently delete any rare blades you had on them which then can only be gotten with a -30% drop chance

You've got the wrong game user, we're talking about 2

If you can roll blades on them they're permanent members.

Is Finch better than Elektra for Morag?

Because Finch has passive agility she helps Morag tank when she's not using her.

You DID get the True Ending didn't you?

Vanea's huge tits and metal pasties in XC1 were fucking insane.
No particular reason to bring this up, just thought I would.

Is it true that at endgame you are forced, absolutely FORCED, to use a specific team, even if you used the other characters more?

No

no you can use who you want

No. You can test whacky stuff like tank nia or healer zeke. Most people are having fun with solo tora with super pimped poppi though.

>Now gorg on Nia
Ho boy

Can you really get Poppi to be that great? Farming Taigatoga that much seems awful. I got QTpi and then went back to using Morag because I don't want to take the effort to make her better.

So does that mean Tora isn't a permanent member?

Yes. You're forced by Sheba to have both female drivers in the party and use only female blades