/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official stem or wine tasting group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not stem or wine tasting groups, promising alcohol or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing piss ups in breweries and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 29th of December:
875 – Charles the Bald, King of the Franks, is crowned as Holy Roman Emperor Charles II.
1170 – Thomas Becket, Archbishop of Canterbury, is assassinated inside Canterbury Cathedral by followers of King Henry II; he subsequently becomes a saint and martyr in the Anglican Communion and the Catholic Church.
1845 – In accordance with International Boundary delimitation, the United States annexes the Republic of Texas, following the manifest destiny doctrine. Texas, which had been independent since the Texas Revolution of 1836, is thereupon admitted as the 28th U.S. state.

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x5yPSsWJmW8
youtu.be/Yg_Cz8AdMaI?t=2m23s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rate my romans

Help?

hey where did you find romans in 1821

will somebody explain why there is such a big difference in damage between attack and defence here

Any suggestions for a comfy CK2 game?

>We don't have an official stem or wine tasting group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not stem or wine tasting groups, promising alcohol or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing piss ups in breweries and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
So the steamgroup are now openly mocking the traditions of /gsg/ in the OP and you all accept it?

>This day in history, 29th of December:
you forgot the wounded knee massacre

>he doesn't drink wine

Hasburgers, never war but become a world spanning dynasty through marriage alone.

Impossible mode: No assassinations

Can I be invited to the steam group?

"blobbing" goals for my Beyond Typus games.

I can post the Russia and Byzantium ones again, or take requests for a tag I can "cover"

t. farmer/craftsman/laborer

Only relevant events are included.

Well shit, that end game of HPM was disappointing, I remember older versions of the mod that felt better, and where the dismantling system was a lot less arbitrary.

inb4:
>((germany))
>Egypt
>Malta
>Tatarstan
>Danish Near East
>93.8 518 6041

I'm gonna try redditmod next. Probly USA/CSA.

>not meusing it up in niggermod

>I'm gonna try blobbloatmod next.
consider suicide

This is from an earlier moment in the Romans playthrough
>image 1.

a c*tholic nonce getting killed isn't that relevant

ok lads, time for a comfy Romania game and learning orbital mechanics
theme: youtu.be/x5yPSsWJmW8

I guess he's talking about my meme run from a few days ago turning the PLC into Prussia and blobbing like a nigger. One last uninstall.exe run I guess. I shift deleted the paradox folder so can't post shots.

If you had solely taken a screenshot of Europe this would have been pretty good.

>image 2, the result of the war

>event that sparked what perhaps could be described as the first major rift between Britain and continental Europe
>the very start of the ANGLO's perfidity
>not relevant

Oh, yeah, Holy Roman Empress Wilhelmina. I remember seeing that and ignoring it because it was EU4.

Ok, just saw niggermod. I'm not coming her often. I just played HPM and vanilla.
Looks like it's based on 3.9.1, I'll give it a try. Thanks

The rest of the world is a disaster. That cooldown time between wars is a bitch. So many borders I could have try to fix if not for it. And that (germany) isnt groß at all.

The dude on the left is Field Marshal Haig, right?
I know the guy on the right is Oswald.

it's Enoch Powell

It's Enoch Powell.

Is there a "standard" set of starting conditions that you should pick for a fun game?

I'm thinking of re-starting as an immortal hot MILF named lillith to conquer the world and castrate/blind all people who i don't like. Suggestions on a starting location/condition?

Okay, well, why are you attributing to these 2?
Yeah yeah, I know, "beady eyes" and stuff, if you want to blame Anglos for the shedding of Aryan blood, Winston Churchill would be a nice start.
Hell, he even looks subhuman too.

Will it be considered blobbing if /gsg/ absorbs /wgg/?

/wgg/ died like a year ago

we industrial powerhouse now
biding my time before russia speheres me and starts stealing my shekels
>astrodynamics is based on the experimental results of kepler(elliptical planetary orbits w/ the sun at one of the foci; radius vector from the sun sweeping out equal areas in equal times; squares of periods of planets proportional to the cubes of their semimajor axis) and theoretical results of newton(law of inertia; applied force as the time derivative of linear momentum; action/reaction force pairs; law of gravitation) and einstein's general theory of relativity.

Reminder that this is what we lost to get HoI4

tliquor

Was it worth it lads?

reeee
what are the chances of them making it eventually?

They will make it, just imagine EUIV with new sprites. It won't have anywhere near the maount of features it was originally supposed to have

Why can't supplies be stored in mutiple provinces with high IC or Army/Naval/Air bases? I don't know anything about logistics but I doubt 99% of the modern US military's supplies are stored in Washington DC, anyone else bothered by this? At least they could get rid of retarded exploits like surrounding the enemy capital and cutting off all supply lines.

Tall is always comfy, tall island is comfier

Template

>seeing that aethestic flag
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I pray everyday that the dlc never end so Victoria 3 never gets made.

Venice for maximum shekels

>victory conditions

liquor pro
>for specifically the motion of the earth around the sun we have a bunch of relevant orbital elements: the ecliptic plane traced out by the earth around the sun and the ecliptic pole normal to it; the celestial equatorial pole is the earth's spin axis, celestial equatorial plane orthogonal to it (inclined to the ecliptic by ~23.44 degrees known as the obliquity of the ecliptic) and the equator traced on the earth by its intersection with this plane, besides the line of the equinox formed by the intersection of the plane with the ecliptic; this line then is pointing towards the sun twice a year in which the sun is both in the ecliptic and equatorial planes, the one on the 21st of march being called the first point of aries (although it doesn't point towards aries anymore considering the ecliptic, equatorial plane, ecliptic pole and equatorial pole are in motion w.r.t. to the stars)

Would it be possible to somehow mod or disable being able to land your army when your navy is being attacked?
This is the most retarded shit.

>Liquor pro
>Liquor supply is 15 times higher than liquor demand.
Woah.

>what is world market
If you wanted to blow the btfo out of him, you'd better point out he has to subsidize his liquor factories for them to work at all.

thinking ahead
the true shit thing I see in that post is me keeping the glassworks closed
>instantaneous/actual positions of planes/directions are indentified by "true" or "apparent" and are referenced to an instant of time - either an epoch/date. Because their motions are irregular, they are described in terms of procession (steady secular motion that remains after the effects of nutation are removed) and nutation (periodic/near periodic effects of less than 300 years); as opposed to true/actual positions then it's convenient to define average positions given by the procession alone and identified as the mean referenced to an epoch/date

afpg you nigger get me those anglo cape flags

will someone think of the children??
>the two primary causes of perturbations that give rise of procession and nutation are planetary (resulting from gravitational forces of the other planets and bodies that perturb the earth from traveling in a plane, since all celestial bodies do not lie in the eliptic) and lunisolar perturbations(from gravitational torques of the sun and moon on the spinning and oblate earth)

Another day, another coalition.

hmm
>in general, celestial trajectories are defined in terms of a reference system (most common being the icrs - a quasi-inertial barycentric reference system identified w.r.t. 608 extragalactic radio sources and approximating the equator and equinox at the epoch of J2000 - 12h terrestrial time on 1st jan 2000; when it's relative to the earth being identified as the earth-centered inertial reference system eci; meanwhile for positioning w.r.t. to the earth the itrs is used, having a reference axis matching that of the earth's rotation and a reference meridian matching the greenwich meridian, hence making the z-axis pointing along the reference pole and measuring latitude positive northward and the xy-plane cutting the equator and measuring longitude positive eastward; also because of continental drift, positions in the itrs are time-dependent and are defined relative to positions and velocities of a set of stations observed by very long baseline interferometry, lunar laser ranging, gps and doppler orbitography) and 6 independent orbital parameters defining the position and velocity of the body as functions of time

we /long and strong/ now

Is CWE actually good?

Hey, when playing as Qing, what should I do to get the most Heavenly Kingdom cores to spawn? I want to share the gift of chinese jesus with all of Asia.

Raise militancy, I think

finally

it's time to take care of the anglo-american problem once and for all, early on, while they're fighting each other

and that shall be done in this manner

wew
>the standard orbital elements are the classical/keplerian elements: size & shape of otbit (given by the semimajor axis describing its dimensions and eccentricity its shape - circular/elliptic/parabolic/hyperbolic), orientation of the plane in space(given by inclination - angle between ecliptic and equatorial plane or orbit angular momentum vector and celestial pole; less than 90 deg make the orbit prograde, otherwise retrograde) and right ascension of the ascending node - angle from the equinox to the ascending node), orientation of the orbit in the plane(given by the argument of periapsis), location of the body on the orbit(given by the true anomaly - angle relative to the origin from the periapsis) and epoch of the orbit

forgot pic reee

those 48 ships are their entire navy and those 19 are my entire navy, but I can funnel troops in through the CSA I think

POR DIOS POR LA PATRIA Y EL REY

wtf
is /kspg/ merging with /gsg/

WHO TOLD YOU THAT??

these winetoria 2 images attached to astronomy nerd shit

Stop stealing my shekels russia I need money for liquor
>the precise interpretation of time is critical to the determination of the ephemeris of a celestial body and extrapolation of its position forward or backward in time; earth spacecraft have velocities on the order of 8km/s so that to determine its position to 10cm or less will require precision in time to the order of 10us; EM transmissions used in spacecraft observations such as range or range rate travel at the speed of light so that a precision of 0.3ns is required to achieve a precision of 10cm

/kspg/ was banned off Veeky Forums so the only logical choice for a new home is /gsg/

Wait, you are building industry with such shitty literacy? I always though that was a bad move.

>merging liquor and wine
Why did HPM do this? Liquor and wine were separate goods for a reason, to represent the different ways the rich/middle class got smashed compared to the lower class.

Incels like PooPeeEm have never actually tasted alcohol and think it's all the same

Having a literacy level as low as 15% will only give you a factor of -3 in promotion to craftsmen, which isn't that big of an impediment.

found some random army moldova had before I annexed them in tannu tuva
>for longer spans of time, different calendar and time systems are employed, e.g. the conventional julian calendar in which the average year of 365.25 days is an approximation of the tropical year(the time it takes the sun to appear to travel across the sky from a given point of the tropical zodiac back to that same pont, in other words the period for the earth to travel from the equinox back to the equinox); since the equinox is moving, the tropical year is different from the sidereal orbital period of 365.2564 days, which is the time that it takes for the earth to essentially complete one period w.r.t. to the stars

Literacy is rising quickly (and this is without darwinism or education reforms)
Building factories takes time so I don't want to wait for that bottleneck to happen when I have "enough" literacy.

they still are, I'm just focusing on liquor because it's more profitable and Wallachia has grain but not fruit, Moldova in term has more fruit, but I don't have enough money to go crazy on the factories

You should research Organic Chemistry when it unlocks in 1870, then spam fuel factories when you get your first oil wells.

So I had CK2 in my steam library for a few years but the first time I tried to play it I was met with the bewilderment I imagine most people first have when encountering a paradox game for the first time

A few days before christmas I was bored out of my skull and noticed it sitting on my list (only the base game) and decided to give it a go, most of which involved squinting at text trying to figure things out

I watched some crude youtube tutorial that recommended starting in Ireland, so I picked the one lone county in the bottom left which had the disadvantage of me being unable to do shit but the advantage of being relatively not overwhelmed by things

After eventually giving up on that I tried again, this time that one small duchy in the bottom corner of Ireland. After a couple of false starts I managed to devour one county after another, eventually culminating in the unification of Ireland. Unfortunately I had a small demesne and my dukes kept climbing up my ass about succession laws so it was hard to expand beyond the one kingdom.

So then I decided to try for something bigger. I started as the one duchy in Wales. After learning how to bribe England with free wives and consuming the nearby Welsh counties (and this time being smart enough to keep them to myself and going with Primogeniture early) I started eating Ireland in the usual way. Taking Scotland involved fabricating duchy claims and jumping on them whenever they got into a pissing contest with England.

England itself was the hardest. Claims were slow. Norway was both a blessing and a curse because they kept England busy but never knew when to piss off. At one point Essex got eaten by Rome and I had to kill like 3 kids in a row so it was back in English hands. At some point one of my Scottish dukes went and captured the top of Africa.

But, after a long war of attrition, there is finally unity.

Mostly.

Fuck Norway, seriously.

actually their entire navy got pretty much wiped out

How do I conquer Afghanistan as fascist Iran in HOI4 without getting completely BTFO?

time to sink my teeth into hungary
god bless the liberals and their revolution

>sidereal time is a measurement of the rotational motion of the earth about the celestial pole w.r.t. the equinox; it is measured in terms of the hour angle of the equinox where 15 degrees in arc length is equivalent to one hour of sidereal time with 24 sidereal hours in a sidereal day. Greenwich apparent(true) sidereal time is the hour angle of the apparent equinox of date with the hour angle measured west from the iers reference median or greenwich meridian to the equinox

I think you have inspired me to start my own Romanian campaign. Any tips?

Standart 7inf, 2artillery template+mountaineers.

Noice

Is this HPM or cioaramod?

Yorkshire

here we go
>rocket systems are self contained in that they change stored energy into kinetic energy to produce thrust and are classified in a variety of ways: by use(launch, attitude control, orbit adjustment, apogee kick motor, station keeping), by type of energy(chemical, electric, nuclear), and phase of propellant(liquid, solid, hybrid)

>any tips
put on gheorghe zamfir while you're playing youtu.be/Yg_Cz8AdMaI?t=2m23s
also ignore the military at first, you'll have russia to back you up against the turks or austrians (hungarians here, which is really strange because they always fail, albeit I haven't played vicky in about a year)
focus on education/research->politics->industry->commerce, ignore prestige whoring at first because you have the vassal malus
for factories, despite the memery, wallachia has grain and coal (and later oil) so liquor along with glass is great
1% bureaucrats, 4% clerics(or intellectuals or w/e), taxed and tariffs out of the ass, lowering tariffs progressively, then a couple of capitalists at about 15% literacy
anger liberals whenever you can but don't give in to their demands, just let them boil in there so you can pass more useful reforms like outlawing slavery(very important), peoneage and child labour
if the russians don't free you in their first war with the turks, wait for 2% militancy and take a decision that asks them for intervention

>cioaramod
ce-i aia?
also HPM

Appeasement was the wrong policy

reee
>three situations arise in relation to the magnitude of the exhaust pressure; if exhaust pressure is higher than the ambient, the efflux is under-expanded and expansion waves are established at the nozzle exit to equalize pressure, resulting in an increase in the pressure thrust that only partially compensates for the decrease in momentum thrust; if they're equal, the nozzle is correctly expanded and thrust is maximum; if it's less, the exhaust is over-expanded and a negative pressure thrust results through compression shock waves that are established at the exit to the nozzle to equalize the pressure

also when you do call in russia to back you up in whatever war, don't call them right away, get at least 1% warscore and add all your claims, otherwise russia would become the war leader and fuck your plans up

jesus the fucking colors, it's a black and white europe
might release some puppets just to brighten up the map

Thanks. I really like playing medium sized counties with big ambitions like Romania or Greece. My autism prevents me from enjoying playing as either of the Great Powers. Those nations are way too big for my taste. I just love micromanaging everything to perfection too much. Romania has some great RGOs and quite a large population compared to other Balkan nations.

Did the Ottomans hold onto Iraq somehow? Also, yeah, I'd advise releasing Poland, Greece, Albania, and possibly Italy.

beautiful
>in over-expansion, the momentum thrust is increased but the increase only partially compensates for the decrease in the pressure thrust; because of the tendency for self-compensation in both the under-expanded and over-expanded cases, the net force is relatively insensitive to small changes in pressure; in practice, rockets are usually designed to operate with the exhaust pressure equal to or slightly greater than the ambient pressure

REEEEE I WANT MAYO UPDATE!!!!

very beautiful
>in launch vehicles, whose rockets transcend different pressure environments with constant exhaust pressure, the thrust increases with increased altitude as the ambient pressure decreases; an adjustable nozzle to correctly expand the flow and operate at the highest possible thrust is not used in practice because of the complexities of the implementation; in space the ambient pressure is zero so maximum thrust can be obtained, hence rocket performance is often rated for operation at sea level and in a vacuum

How do you plan on getting bessarabia from the russians?

AEIOU?

oh for fucks sake

botched abortion
>the thrust can be expressed in terms of the specific impulse Isp defined as the total impulse per unit weight of propellant consumed (i.e. the ratio of integrated thrust to the integrated mass flow rate times standard gravity)

my best bet is much later after great wars are activated
I still need them against the turks which are currently allied with the bloody germans

iirc they beat the kurds and persia didn't ally with egypt
released poland and cyprus, will release the rest once bulgaria is dealt with

Because anglos aren't subhuman my friend