/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SuDzkyUg1N0
youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1462iOc48
gamespot.com/articles/tekken-x-street-fighter-no-longer-in-active-develo/1100-6438976/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rucky, chloe....Deska

Say something nice about Lars.

alisa

I made the switch from being a lowly Paul player to a Mishima main. I felt like I was barely using my brain while playing Paul. Even though I had great success playing him and demolished most of my online opponents up to very high orange ranks (70% win rate), it didn't feel right. I didn't feel like I deserved any of it. I was almost about to drop the game because of how bored I became. I fully made the switch to Mishimas a few months ago and never looked back, I'm almost at the same rank I was with Paul. Playing Mishimas is so much for fun and satisfying. The controls at first are awkward, learning how to wavedash on both sides is awkward. Learning to do electrics out of wavedashes consistently is hard. Applying correct 50/50 pressure takes time. I stuck with it and now I'd say I'm semi-decent with Mishimas. I still will fuck up wavedashes every game but at least I'm not fighting the controls as much anymore. I thought it was absolutely impossible to play Mishimas but here I am now and I can only imagine what years of Mishima play will do. You can do it too whoever is reading this. Playing hard characters is extremely satisfying and I can only recommend it if you're beginning to get bored of the game.

What are the odds of Master Raven being in the next Tekken? I kind of want to learn her but I also want to be future-proof

Why is Jin considered an easier character than Kazuya? Isn't the execution required to play them exactly the same?

Jin has better generic tools. Kazuya is pure mishima. Jin can still win without use of his mishima tools.

Geese's ex air fireball is +9 on block and at least +20 on hit if you do it instantly.

Jin can get away without using any Mishima tools. He can pressure, poke, whiff punish and launch you without ever doing an electric.

Kazuya absolutely requires the electric. It's his primary launcher and whiff punishing tool. Kazuya also can't poke because he doesn't have a normal d/f2. His d/f2 is slower and used in a completely different context. Kazuya is harder because he forces you to play patiently and wait for your opponent to fuck up. If you play too patiently however a good opponent will just harass you and won't give you time to breathe. Playing Kazuya is all about knowing when to engage with a 50/50 wavedash mix up and when to back down while having your electrics ready to whiff punish with.

>taunting someone when you have 1000s of hours playtime and are using a dlc character

gas all capo players

isn't there basically only 1 in the game?

gas them all

It's not around my dick

Check the leaderboards, there's a bunch.

>being so mad you look up their profile

>Getting so upset over a taunt you look up their profile just to anonymously badmouth them

Fucking impossible to find people who got a good connection on PS4

No fucking way I'm playing against huehues who got 1 bar

poof how's it going everyone

daily reminder that our bruv king jae is the realest nigga in the game rn and his tutorials have helped tens of thousands of people while y'all haters ain't done nuthin but reset your ranks to avoid being winshamed

Why the fuck doesn't the movelist show Gigas' df4 which is a great mid poke for him?

I think gigas is a solid character

King should have a taunt. His ring-stepping ki charge seems pointless.

Because taunts aren't pointless?

>hit down and/or forward for a fraction of a second
>get hit by mid

One of the Raven will be in it that's for sure.

She's unique, strong, and decently popular. Nothing's guaranteed but she's definitely one of the least endangered characters.

I would say Katarina will be dropped for sure

why did you hit down and/or forward for a fraction of a second?

After fighting some Claudios, I can say his hopkick is pretty average. His unblockable on the hand is cheap as fuck, and just because you can SSL it doesn't make it not cheap.

what's the OST in on here anons?

I haven't played tag2

youtube.com/watch?v=SuDzkyUg1N0

>going through the last thread to see if I got any replies
>hellsweep tracks to both sides
>"a big telegraphed move like a hopkick"
Fuck I wish I had been there

Not that user but I wonder if you can get hit by a mid when doing KBD? If the mid connects at the frame of your down/back input, will it hit?

Yes, this can happen. you can also accidentally block lows while KBDing.

Geese mirror matches are so silly

That explains why I sometimes get blown up while KBDing. I probably shouldn't KBD while they are coming at me with a string.

>REPPUK-
>REPPUKEN
>DABBU REPPUKEN
>YAAAAAAA-
>PREDICTABO
>HYUUUU
>STAND UP
>DEADURI RAVE!!!!

Give me some good fightpads.

I considered getting a stick but I don't feel like shelling out $180 just yet for a Hori and Sanyo parts.

Dualshock 4/3

Why does no one useeee Deadly Rave? It's badass

>DS3
The triggers are garbage

No it can't happen unless you press db for a long period of time. You're supposed to KBD in such a way that you're not seen crouching.
Doing that blocks all mids and highs, but makes you vulnerable to lows.

Get a hitbox

Can you do this on a hitbox?
youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1462iOc48

I don't know about that precise techinique, but wavedash on hitbox is extremely fast, easy, reliable, and doesn't destroy your thumb.

Also, thanks to SOCD, you are able to mirror the input so you can do the exact same finger movements on 2p side.

Of course it can happen, you're in crouch for at least one frame, and that's if you have a frame perfect KBD which is not the case if you're not Korean. If a mid connects between the cancel and the backdash you will get hit.

not that dude but cuckboxes let you manually do a neutral input so my KBD is frame perfect erry time

If that Lucky Chloe I just got 6 perfects on in a row is here then I don't blame you for rage quitting mid-match. I don't know what got into me.

What is a "manual neutral" and what does a neutral have to do with it anyways. You have to crouch to get a backdash, when you press db you're crouching no matter what controller you use. You can get hit in that gap by a mid.

Shit I didnt read it properly. Anyways a manual neutral input is f+b

It looks awkward as fuck to use

How do I work out what my bad habits are?

Katarina isn't low tier when she has the bikini custom

Watch recordings of your games or play against a good player and ask them.

Does the PS4 auto-record or what? How to do this?

Are there ant getup options you default to?
Is there a move you throw out often to cover yourself when you whiff?
Can you identify any options you throw out in a panic?

After getting consistently blown up after certain actions, which reminds me of an Asuka I beat. He relies heavily on her reversal and throws, he does it after almost every blocked attack or when he's at minus frame, like a panic button. He did beat me in the first few matches, but once I figured it out and started spamming knees and elbows, he realised his gimmicks isn't working, so he quits.

>Getup
I spin up a bit too often which is incredibly unsafe but catches rushers; either that or the low kick
>Whiff cover
WS 2,2 or f 2+3
>Panic
Three stagger kicks, always terminating in the punch, and thus get block punished

The share button I think. I'll probably be able to give you some tips if you post a video here.

Meant for

Thank you, if you're still around later I will try. I have never done it before. Used the share feature in any capacity, I mean.

>Bryan player ki charges after every round he wins
>Last round, 2-2, we're both in rage
>He tries to snake edge me
>I block it on reaction and launch
>Ki charge back on that motherfucker
>Win next match 3-0, teabag him and he leaves

Tekken is demoralizing but it's all worth it for moments like this

>opponent never skips intro/outro
>he win the first few matches
>start skipping when he got fucked up over and over again
>quits after 3+ loss in a row
Everytime.

how do these tiny things manage to rile you up so easily?

Im so bad /tekgen/. Im so fucking bad.

Not skipping intro/outro is just wasting time. Those seconds adds up.

Just bought tekken on sale, was a big akuma player in sfv.
how bad were his nerfs? i heard he got nerfed pretty bad. is he still like playable?

Nah

he's totally playable but I wouldn't advise playing him as your first character because he teaches you very little tekken
he's also pretty heavy execution

why is Josies ws2,1 punish so hard to land?

Me too.

He's good, it's just that before the nerf he was completely broken. Could do 100% on a combo with full meter.

>3 million copies
What went right?

He's friends with Lee

He can still do that.

appealing to casuals

Probably not intended to be a full launcher, but there's no way to know for sure

being a fun game

Now i hope they release T8 faster on consoles, 2 years is NOT fucking acceptable

I think there's a chance that Tekken 7 killed the arcades. All the Koreans that used to play in the arcade seem to play on PC now.

That's actually the fault of the arcade version because it has no actual offline mode. Even local matches go through a network when you play on arcades.

PC offline is the best version because of that, with PC online being in second place.

I'm going to build a memebox.

Is it difficult hardware-wise? I've replaced a PSP screen and UMD before for reference.

getting the holes for the box may be the most difficult part
depending on the pcb you're getting you might have to solder a bit

>mfw they are testing TxSF with the guest characters

With how Geese plays I'd prefer a TxKoF to be quite honest with you family member

Harada said they've stopped working on it.

send help, I went through all TTT2 stage osts and couldn't find it

the closest one Ive found was sakura schoolyard some afterschool mix

what makes rucky chroe so low tier? She's got some gimmicks sure but she seems pretty solid aside from those

Have you tried looking up a list of tag 2 stages and finding the name of that one?

Virus N.31

Why didn't anybody tell me that Kazumi's f3+4 floating mixup can be 100% guranteed WS launch punishable if you just sidestep right twice then d/b? Also why didn't anybody tell me that you can jump right over her WR2? Especially when you got a scary backturn character like Raven, Ling and Feng.

L-Lies

It's not anything from Tag 2. You could change the music to anything with Tekken Tunes.

I've done that, didn't match up.

That explains about everything, at first this ost did sound similarly to whatever TTT2 had though...

I suppose that was the actual stages ost.

Why should anyone tell you anything?
I'm kidding, I know you were being rhetorical. Good on you for labbing and finding stuff

I miss Zafina and AK guys

Dude, I wish. I actually liked SFxT when they fixed most everything

gamespot.com/articles/tekken-x-street-fighter-no-longer-in-active-develo/1100-6438976/

Didnt you read the memo? You're not allowed to like Zafina or the autist who hated her will pop up and tell you how literally nobody liked her