/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Flight Into New Year Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
store.steampowered.com/app/745880
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Pawarumi
store.steampowered.com/app/610410
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050
>Garegga M2 port (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

freem.ne.jp/win/category/2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tfw no talent

Have you prepared for 2018's psychic invasion yet?

tfw untalented western world record

It's just practice man. Those who are "untalented" are just constantly switching games instead of really concentrating on something.

is banana here?

probably.

shit game

ded thred

never knew you can emulate this on mame

yep, seems like shmupg will still die this year

quick, someone talk about ww2

damn i missed one star on stage 5, it cost me 100k

Damn. I know there seems to be a maximum of stars you can hold per stage (the star gauge) but are there more stars in a stage than you can hold? Some of the routing looks like it could take you away from potential stars and fuck you out of getting it.

2nd time to last boss in battler traverse very hard, that entire stage 5 is a game in itself and a masterpiece but fuck me the midboss and boss are total cunt because there's no slowdown, i want this clear.

nope there's 10 in each stage.

unlucky!, what mode? insane i hope!

people whinge about the character sprites in traverse but akai katana is 10x worse, looks stupid as fuck going from a person to a ship the same size then some flying tranny for smoe reason wizard floating boats around n shit, fucking wank.

>quick, someone talk about ww2
it was a slavalanche!

Normal mode, not sure i want improve it, better just move to next difficulty
vertical stages really disorient me

My head hurts and I keep finding things around my house in places other than where I left them.

yeah just spam through to get insane mode desu, it really is the perfect mode, truly great game.

I thought akai was a 16:9 reso game

You almost beat me. Not bad

Bahmpu~

Bump

>cream getting banned by icarus himself

lmao

based

what he do this time?

i don't know exactly, but she was just shitposting like usual
i personally found it a bit harsh since everyone was shitposting, but whatever

kek cream can't resist shitpost, then again cream deleted me from steam so i must of triggered him somewhere myself, shame because he's alright just a bit sociopathic or whatever. Did icarus say anything about it on mic?

He just said "Sry Cream but I am getting tired of your ....". The last part I couldn't understand.

surely that sentence can only end in "shit"? ahwell plenty of streams to choose from.

It didn't end in shit. He said something else.

>"Sry Cream but I am getting tired of your cock".

attention-whoring
constant griping
disingenuous tirades

The only thing ending in shit is your imagination.

What is it about shoot them downs that draws in jews like gus and cream?

>tfw you're so desperate to compete with me you evoke creative writing.

notice they both like games which have scoring revolving around stealing others gold. oy vey!

why do shmups and collecting go hand in hand?

it doesn't
shmups just attract a lot of hipsters who like to collect dadshit
just like people collect old retro games for whatever reason

Bahmpu~

I watched it again, and he said "Your ability to shit on my chat is getting kind of annoying Cream, so good bye".

Apparently he got offended by her shitposting calling raizing shit.

Softwank, the ultimate authority in shmups, is streaming now!

I'm an incidental collector. I mean to play the shmups I get, I just also have no motivation to do anything anymore.

That's HARD Wank to you, chav.

Huh. Shikhondo got another update and I didn't realize it. Welp guess I know what I'm playing tonight.

twitch tv/waywardsera

Bahmpu~

Why is this game so insipidly charming?

Bump

Because Reco is pure

Bump again

Why is Casper wearing leaves

Because she wants to get deflowered by a fat meaty cock

Those could be poinsettias

Maybe she's just demonstrating that she can look good wearing anything.

Or that. Maybe.

redpill me on 360 pad
i just don't see any alternative

The dpad is atrocious. Unless you plan to play using the joystick, buy almost anything else. XB1, PS4, PS3, or a Logitech would be a better choice, so long as you can find one for a reasonable price. Or, if you already have a console controller you like, buy a converter to use it for PC; just remember to look for one with low input delay.

360 is the gamepad of choice for western superplayers

You can play perfectly with its analogue sticks. Maybe not as good as stick, but it works even for high level play.

perikles uses 360 pad btw

who

who made 90 western world records

>Apparently he got offended by her shitposting calling raizing shit.
lmfao, the dude is in his 40s and gets emo triggered over wrongthink in his chat? what a sad boring faggot anti free speech geordie cuck, why anyone wants to listen to his vape sounds and abysmal accent is beyond me.

not me dildoknickers.

>why do shmups and collecting go hand in hand?
i've noticed this with every hobby i've ever had that is super difficult, it's to compensate for lack of skill and effort.

>I just also have no motivation to do anything anymore.
your life to waste but you don't get it back.

>The dpad is atrocious.
isn't there a basic mod everyone does to make it decent?

or non of the above because fiction and doesn't exist you nutter.

>the dude is in his 40s and gets emo triggered over wrongthink in his chat?
The funny thing is that he just did the same at that moment by talking shit about Ikaruga again. I think he just doesn't like Cream though and wanted to get rid of her.

>it's to compensate for lack of skill and effort
Also this. Noticed how all the high level players like banana, jaimers, erppo, etc never gave a shit about collecting? It's only the mediocre players who buy pcbs and stuff.

Yeah this scene is terrible for safe space faggots who hate opinions they don't share. This is what icarus actually thinks of himself..

>You'll often find me within the Western shmups community as one of the main figureheads and community moderators, and the wider arcade community as a whole.

Top kek it's another softdrink tier ego bomb and community moderator? we got ourselves a jumped up mao cunt here, says it all.

>None of the above
Sounds good to me. And I'm not a nutter.

I wouldnt put him on the same level as softwank. I mean Icarus actually really knows his shit and has been playing since forever and also got some really good scores.

But yea, those streamers are kind of on ego trips. I mean you must be an attention whore to a certain degree to even stream that much.

>And I'm not a nutter.
>has imaginary female friends
>talks everyday about what they're thinking and doing in fiction land

>also got some really good scores.
citation needed.

>I wouldnt put him on the same level as softwank.
I would, softtwink has an ibara clear at least.

>But yea, those streamers are kind of on ego trips.
Many are for sure, it's the given authority of being the centre of attention and controlling a space, but they all show how weak and pathetic they are when they opt for instant bans because they're to scared to address someone on the mic. If i ever stream i won't ban anyone and i'll pray plasmo comes in so he can get a full scale home truths roasting session, the cunt.

>your life to waste but you don't get it back.
Thanks senpai, that's exactly what I needed to read to stop hating my stupid and pathetic existence.

>isn't there a basic mod everyone does to make it decent?
I got an Afterglow. The dpad was pretty good on that thing. Other than that, I can't think of a mod that could fix that PoS.

My god icarusmust be a complete snowflake dildo, cream was blatantly just harmlessly having a laugh and was right anyway.

>citation needed.
He has some pretty nice Raiden Fighters scores for example. Those games are not easy.

>i'll pray plasmo comes in
Is he really that bad though? he was a cunt once where he spouted his warped opinion about western world records, but is he really always like this? He seems like a nice guy otherwise.

I just wanted to see what you'd say.

Now it has been witnessed! don't worry harry we're all a brand of nutter here.

>Is he really that bad though?
Absolutely and then some, he never stops poking his nose in, acting like any authority, wanking to muh japs and thinking he's right about everything, type of guy who misses jokes and explains the facts of them at parties, needs a fucking slap that i'd happily deliver first class to be signed for.

>He has some pretty nice Raiden Fighters scores for example.
2 is, not bad for 20+ years work.

oh now creams turned it to sex talk again, he really is the david duchovny of shmups.

Cant you just buy better internet in bongland? I would really like seeing you play some guwange

Ok that banning was obviously because he hated the attention cram was getting and felt left out, narcissism 101.

>Cant you just buy better internet in bongland?
Sure but the rates are retarded for actually good net, this country is a complete shit for ripping people off. I'm not in a position to justify that kind of purchase right now.

i missed all these memes

>obviously because he hated the attention cram was getting
Did she really get that much attention though? I felt like nobody actually cared about her

Exactly, it was just that she was steering discussion to be focused around her bantz rather than everyone paying attention to and fellating cuckarus, usually cream deserves it kinda but in this case not at all, completely harmless jovial bantz. Nerds have literally no sense of humour unless it's childish as fuck.

I think he just wanted to get rid of her and used this as an excuse. I agree that it was unjustified, but I also can't blame him for not liking her.

>but I also can't blame him for not liking her.
This is fucking irrelevant though, why can't people understand this? unless you're openly an intolerant facist your subjective taste is not good enough reason to banish someone, fucking grow up, such a scene of peter pans.

I wouldn't call it subjective taste to dislike Cream. To me she objectively is kind of annoying.

listen i could literally hate someone and would welcome them into my space every time, until they actively attempt to cause problems for the sake of obstruction they should be allowed, i'm one of those weirdos who believes in freedom of speech above political correctness and other weapons of control.

>To me she objectively is kind of annoying.
ok, still not a good enough reason to single someone out for exclusion, she has a right to express like anyone else, censorship policing is wank. In this case she didn't break a single rule, it was just a 40yr old man getting sour and lashing out.

Freedom of speech is something completely different than letting someone you dislike into your home.
If you are like that, fine, but then you also should tolerate if someone is not like that.
That's exactly the mind set leftists have: Tolerate everything, except for those who don't tolerate something you tolerate.

Mate you spend way tomuch time online if you deem a fucking twitch channel as "your home".

>That's exactly the mind set leftists have:
no it isn't for fuck sake, because there is nothing i don't tolerate up until the point of incitement to violence or physical action, icarus is the leftist as are you as i've demonstrated. Stop being devils advocunt, it's such a north german trait and it's annoying as fuck, don't be plasmo.

>chav defending cream

>Mate you spend way tomuch time online if you deem a fucking twitch channel as "your home".
Well, for someone like Icarus, who has been doing this since decades already, it is something like a working place at least. He obviously doesnt own twitch or anything, but his chat is like a "home" for him.

>Stop being devils advocunt
Nigga, he just banned someone from his fucking chat. You make it sound as if he murdered Cream lol

I want to collect western world records, what game should I play?

freem.ne.jp/win/category/2

>Nigga, he just banned someone from his fucking chat.
Because this is the subject under discussion? That doesn't free icarus from either deserved criticism nor contempt for actions.

No not really, it's not about individual people, it's about principles. Cream is flawed and annoying but again this has no bearing on the lack of reason for what occurred against him. So many people struggle to think beyond childish premises of who the "like" and "feelings" precisely what has got the west into such a mess in current times. Judge a man by his actions not his words.

>I want to collect western world records, what game should I play?
well daioujou tamishii just got emulated on mame, got get the western world record on the new easy mode.

speaking of which, doj on matmouse, probably sps?

>That doesn't free icarus from either deserved criticism nor contempt for actions.
I never tried to free him from criticism. I think myself he was too harsh there. I also can understand him though to lose his patience, since it's Cream we are talking about here.

ccwi unlimited typeII/III

>ccwi unlimited typeII
That's not a good idea I think. That Touhou player with a 10 mill score in unlimited wanted to play type 2 this year.

>I also can understand him though to lose his patience, since it's Cream we are talking about here.
Reputation yes but in THIS SPECIFIC CASE which is all that matters it was completely unjustified, icarus stated "for shitting up my chat" which cream hadn't done at all. You can't just say "oh you were a douche once so i'm lording it over you now unprovoked" anyways lets park this discussion and watch matmouse.

>10 million
like i said, free western wr

jesus

yes hello

600m is free

so hurry up and get it banana.