freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

alexhays.com/loomis/
gamasutra.com/blogs/DaveyKerr/20171226/312235/BEHOLD_Indie_gamings_greatest_failure.php
youtube.com/watch?v=lJvuk3t64zc
knowledge.autodesk.com/support/stingray/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/stingray-end-of-sale-faq.html
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6PWeas4iMCFUf9bMRW8Y7dxCN0mAs1dek_GPUaaQgS9ZWxw/viewform
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first

post progress please god i need it

How much a day do you spend on Game dev?

If loomis is The Meme (TM),what do you use instead?

Loomis, duh

your hand and eyes

about as much as I spend on anime!

just b yourself bro

Liefield

I have no idea what Loomis is, I am googling stuff but a money service comes up, even with things like Game and graphics I have no idea what Loomis is?

>I have no idea what Loomis is?
It's a waste of money.

it's a meme, we said.

post progress
get fan art

feel the vilppu

vilppu is just loomis in video form, you know

post fan art
get Loomis

loomis has great books meme or not

most people who post their opinions strongly on Veeky Forums are fucking retarded

>most people on Veeky Forums are fucking retarded
whoa

andrew loomis books, also you dont have to buy them and shouldnt feel obligated to do so since the person who made them is LONG dead and you're only giving cash to jew publishers that bought his IP.

id offer help on where to get them but im far too lazy

alexhays.com/loomis/ Here you go pals.

>le jew
epic maymay, please upvote m8!

t. jew

>t.
I see that you are also a frog of taste, my redditor friendo! Where is your game?

Spent most of the week replacing my placeholders and mostly finished the layout of the hub area in my Yume Nikki-inspired game. Gonna try to make the first boss fight in the coming days.

>yume Nikki inspired
>boss fights
wat

>inspired
You saw his webm, right? Going to sleep in your bedroom, inside of a top-down 2d game, qualifies as being "Yume Nikki inspired".

I'm still working out the details, but it's going to have rudimentary Zelda-style combat where the effects can be used as different items.

continuing the discussion

its shit
end of discussion

I watched too many tutorials today.
Everything hurts.
Still wondering if there is a point in all of this.

my game is shit, but what if it had a cute female protag?

Add boob physics.

>my weapon firing animation seems to barely have any recoil when I shoot in the center, and only some recoil when I look up and down. In the preview, the recoil is noticeable stronger (UE4)
I don't even know anymore...

Remember, it's okay to give up.

lol shut up

my game is a technical marvel and my character is qt

Never give up!

fuck me this is confusing
is it top down, or a platformer

it's clearly top-down

No way fag

only for

Just so you know, I'm getting a huge motion-sickness from this.

"starting a new project" is code for "being a fucking quitter"

but its made with brewprints

DIE
you know what else gave people motion-sickness

doom

Lol, I have a friend who litteraly can't play any FPS because of motion sickness.

you don't know nearly enough about graphics and art to know how to pull off what you're attempting

Hopoo started a new project and abandoned his old game when he started on Risk of Rain. Just something to think about.

He's doing ok so far, tho. Why are you so analblasted about it, user? Tell me where Gogem touched you.

haha lol
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're stupid and wrong

you guys are more triggered by my comment than I am by that guy's horrendous graphics

I'm waiting to start my new game until after new years because I'm real busy this weekend and know if I start work now and then quit for 3 days I'll fizzle out. But the waiting is killing me. I've already done a design doc and found some artists I like for assets. What else can I do in preparation

Yeah but that old project would have made gazillions and not only millions

Raise $27k on kickstarter and have expectations that your game's NPCs will have a chance to enter the gaming pop-culture lexicon.

gamasutra.com/blogs/DaveyKerr/20171226/312235/BEHOLD_Indie_gamings_greatest_failure.php

>N-NO UR TRIGGARD
Spaghettis are falling out of your pockets, user.

There's always a chance, he's just needs a big YouTuber or Streamer to play it. Looks like a vinesauce kinda of game to be honest.

>you will never be this full of yourself

Why does Gamasutra still have that early 2000's web design?

>implying that's a bad thing

>A number of people have become visibly upset with me for using the word "Sheeple". The Sheeple are easily brainwashed NPCs that you have to rescue to advance in the game. I didn't think it was any more offensive than the word "Lemmings" and that game is a smash hit! In particular a federal government employee in charge of video game grants was very upset with the word "sheeple" yelling about how it is sexist and part of the patriarchy. Whatever that means. Guess what, curiously all my grant applications have been rejected.

What a self-absorbed retard, omg.

It reminds failed devs of the early 2000s and of better days when the world still held so much hope and potential. Thus it comforts their target audience.

don't listen to those other faggots, your game looks nice. when asking about graphics, expect severely autistic nitpicks about perspective/lighting things that don't actually matter. though it would look nice if you had animated grass tiles

Anyone ever used Stingray engine? It's an Autodesk product, and free if you use Maya LT, which I do.

Don't you just love it when people think that they can just read some magical book and learn art?

Or better yet, when people spend years learning how to draw, only to become mediocre?

My favorite is when people think that even learning art from scratch makes any sense at all without having a good base already.

Hilarious if you ask me.

I have a feeling that game would be really well received if it was released on the amiga in the 90's. Looks/feels like an amiga game.

My opinion on the game, hubris-filled dev aside: It looks interesting visually, but I am completely clueless about the gameplay after watching the promo-trailers. After watching a lets play I'm still half-way clueless, some kind of puzzle-game?

Why would I buy a game where I can't decipher what the gameplay is even after putting effort in to try to find out? Looking at one trailer should be enough.

>haha i made a game about SHEEPLE haha im so NATURALLY INTELLIGENT
>wtf why didn't people by my game? i bet its because its 2DEEP! they just want to blow things up! hyper light drifer stole my thunder!

How does walking up steps in 3D games work? Do they actually just use ramps instead of individual steps?

"Apparently, no one understands what my game is about even after watching the trailer and reading the description. "It's confusing and I don't know what to blow up right away!" Fine, I get that. So I will leave one last thread dangling out of the void. If it's so impossible to figure out, let's twist that into a positive: how about a contest to reward the first person who can decipher what the game is about?"

you can't figure out the deep symbolism of shoulder charging through a crowd of people in a orchid means? guess you're just too dumb for my game!

A staircase would typically be just a ramp.

A little vertical ledge would be handled by the character controller which generally have a threshold height which they are allowed to just walk up

Yes, the dev is clearly delusional, I don't get why he doesn't just clearly and concisely communicate what his game is about in the trailer, as in what the player will actually do and how. Could literally be any gameplay except flight-sim from the trailer, basically.

yes
either that or you check the terrain height x-units(a very small amount so it doesn't look like you're teleporting around) ahead of the player and if its within your desired margin the player's height changes by that much (at least that's how i'd do it)

I love that he compares himself to Akira Kurosawa.

>I'm certain I'm not alone and don't have a special claim for my particular products to be given attention over others.
>Yet, other people actually DO get that special claim.
what a bitchboy

ramps are simpler and cause less jittery bullshit than individual steps, so i'd just use a ramp.

Does he not realize that if nobody can figure out your game, nobody can talk about it?

youtube.com/watch?v=lJvuk3t64zc

They literally just killed it like last week.

knowledge.autodesk.com/support/stingray/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/stingray-end-of-sale-faq.html

Don't you just love it when people think that they can just read some posts and learn trolling?

Or better yet, when people spend years learning how to troll, only to become mediocre?

My favorite is when people think that even learning trolling from scratch makes any sense at all without having a good base already.

Hilarious if you ask me.

I think this is a bot, ive seen this question asked almost word for word previously.

think i'm done with all this lads
the standard of games is going up and up yet the price down and down
i can't compete with all these new indie fuckers who all seem to have world class pixel artists
feels like every game idea i want to make is already been indev for 6 months by a bunch of other bigger devs
i guess it was fun while it lasted

Last time I asked the only answer I got was "use Inverse Kinematics"

holy fuck
fucking delete this you source niggering piece of human trash
people have been killed for less than this

Perhaps the greatest troll of all is the troll that does not even try?

Or perhaps I'm not a troll at all?

Maybe, just maybe, I am telling the truth?

Wanna introduce your game to a few thousand potential customers? Want someone to shill it for free? Make a trailer by January 21st, and submit it to the Vidya Gaem Awards, and we'll do just that for our 2017 show, airing in February of 2018.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6PWeas4iMCFUf9bMRW8Y7dxCN0mAs1dek_GPUaaQgS9ZWxw/viewform

make mobile shovelware if you want money
join a team if you want to make big meme pixelart games

Trying to put together an sfml build with just g++ on the command line. Was going pretty well when all of the sudden I get 20 undefined reference to "__imp__ZN2sf*". Kill me now

So what are u looking for?
a professor on inverse kenimatics to teach you a class?
just give me ur game and ill program the stairs for you?
lets set up /agdgStairs/?

logically make ur character move up a smooth slope, and visually use iverse kenimatics for the legs.
i said the same shit last time.
google the rest.

LITERALLY full sail shitposting

did you link to the libraries mate?

danny, CS 1.6 isnt even source, calm down

Or use a stepwise function across a smooth linear staircase like this fucking goof would do.

Motherfucker. Well, thanks for the info.

Just use an asset for it from the Unity Asset Store you fucking nodev.

I don't care about the animation, all I needed to know is how to program a character that can walk up small steps. I've tried googling multiple times and almost all I find is "just like use Unity's character controller". Which doesn't help me.

Keep mewling that name, retard. I own you. :^)

Wait why is IK a bad answer?

Graphically, your stairs will be stairs.
Collision-wise, they will be a wedge. A ramp. An incline.
Alternatively, continue shitposting.

Do it for fun, see profit as a bonus.