/xgg/- Xenogame General #60

Please be courteous to your fellow anons and mark your spoilers properly.
If it's a big plot/character reveal or happens in chapter 6 or onward, just spoiler tag it.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/eQSFxyyc

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=970837341

>Read-Only backup of the Info Doc
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JGCC9PLsDuBhL7riV3xwCDpUJ2zieEWk

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous thread:

Is this what love looks like?

How can other jrpg girls compete?

you mean Land of Morthya, right??

So have you guys tried to switch roles for the characters or just go with the optimal builds?

>The stat mods apply to all forms regardless of who it is equipped too.
What, is this exclusive to Poppi? Like, for example, the 10% ether mod from Mythra isn't effective while Rex is actively using another blade, right?

Mythra has an Ether mod and yes its always active (Pyra's strength works too). That's why people equip agility mod blades and chips with +agility to Morag. You can do the same with stacking strength/ether mods on the other characters.

Absolutely. I just started yet another file so I can do DPS Nia, Healer Morag, and Tank Zeke as my main party.

>No Raiko
She's the best HP tank in the game.

Nia doesn't get an evade art with hammers

You don't need an evade art when you've got 93% block rate.

it's balanced because morag doesn't require 10 hours of tiger tiger

The build I'm using is a mixture of highish agility, active evasion and a splash of crit heal memery.

I kinda understand. Is anyone doing healing, or is it all crit heal?

>morytha
>depressing

The generic dog is doing a 20% party heal on switch in, so that and healing halo cover everything just about. When I finish farming moon matter chips I probably won't even need that though.

morytha is comfy post apocalyptic core

When you farm and don't know what you're farming anymore.

Wow, okay. I thought only the mod of the blade that was visible was active.

Are you farming crystals or is the game farming hope?

While any mod works on anyone, Mythra's ether mod since broken or misleading.
If you try unequipping her with another blade, you will see that Rex's strength decrease, but his ether stats doesn't change.

There are only 2 explanations:
-Mythra's modifier is actually strength and Pyra's bonus doesn't work if she isn't active, so regardless of the aegis girl, it is always 10% strength
-Mythra's modifier is actually bugged. Either it is permanent because you cannot unequip her (even though they still show strength dropping) or she doesn't provide any bonus at all.

We will see how it will work when we will be able to send story blades to merc missions.

I think the game is farming my time.

Additional changes to the advanced faq
>added the list of superboss and their locations
>added list of best chips for postgame

If you think more stuff can be added to that faq, let me know.

You can take advantage of it and use it to hit the luck cap or strength cap of 999.

It was already tested in the thread that brought it up. Mythra's ether mod does work as equipping any Ether accessory to Rex has a 10% to its value. Only the display for disengaging Mythra is bugged, other than that it works as it should.

Being able to max luck on Zeke is honestly the funniest meme

I felt a little tempted to have him open Kasandra's core

chapter 7 sucks holy shit

post ahegao edits

You can see the Mythra's Ether mod applying here with Pyra engaged. A +25 Ether accessory is increasing Ether by 28 (rounded up from 27.5).

So just a UI bug. Good to know.

what actually is ether?

>autism compels me to give tachyons to everyone to restore their beautiful designs
>will lose crit chance, block chance and agility by doing that

Damage stat for Ether type arts/specials, like Rex's Rolling Smash and all Ether Cannon or Bitball attacks. Also affects healing of recovery type arts like Healing Halo.

It's like the Force of the xenoblade universe. basically magic n shiet

Speaking of weapon design, is there any chip that restore the original design for the story blades? For some reason, Tachyon Chip gives them some kind of ugly orange design, especially Pandy's.

Does it affect ether defense as well? And on that note, does strength affect physical defense?

gold chip seems to give pandoria back her original blade but I'm not sure

Nope. Defense is essentially dictated by the modifier of the blade. Stats don't do jackshit to your defense.

No, defense is a blade only stat, and only the defense of the currently active blade applies in battle. A physical defense stat of 50% would mean all physical damage received in battle is reduced by 50%.

Why not? It's not like anyone else wants Kasandra

Especial Theory of Rudimentary AKA space magic from God stuck into a monolith (soft)

Gold/Silver.

New advanced faq is fine, but it doesn't mention smashing krabbles for rare cores and that's probably an oversight.

Personally, i wouldn't want to wait for legendary core farming to at least farm a handful of rare blades.

Actually, the tip about salvaging being very profitable in general in the later towns is missing.

My guess is the user writing that forgot to copy over the section on mor ardain salvaging.

All right. That explains why there's no defense stats on the drivers then. I just wasn't sure if those def stats on the blades were modifiers or not.

Could the Monado hurt Gnosis without the Hilbert Effect?

Malos doesn't even look like he would take over the world, he looks like he would be wearing a "sun's out guns out" shirt while in spring break to celebrate his foorball team winning the regional finals.

If it can reach gnosis universe then yes

Especially with his jackass jock English voice. Nor does he look like an opposite to Mythra/Pyra (of course, since he's a Nomura creation and she is not).

>first master ether
>then master evasion
I swear this shit is on purpose

When you think about it, wouldn't chad thundercock be a good foil to cutesy anime waifu?

>got Master Muscle the first time I played stage 5

I was under the impression you were guaranteed to get one of those rare parts from the big chest. How wrong I was.

True, but it's definitely not typical or expected in this game full of tropes.

Do i need crit restore on all poppis or just on pi?

>keep seing one user go ballistic he is not getting light cores
>drop 3 in a row while looking for strike mod

Just Pi unless you plan on using the other Poppis for some reason.

Pi.

>should I put critical restore on blades that have shit critical hit chance

Pi. QT and Alpha don't have enough crit rate even with moon matter ship, and you usually want to dish out damage with QTpi alone.

I personne put Dilaton chips on QT and Alpha so they can serve as an emergency break if I need to swap from QTpi (like scattershot to deal with instant kill moves).

Is it worth dropping like 20-30% crit for 100atk?
Im at the rotting titan and the weapons are all much stronger attack wise but they tank my crit hard. Dunno if worth it.

absolutely NOT, especially if you are on mythra

Where can I find some good crit chips? I am on chpt 8 and have mostly all Gold chips now except for Morag. I've barely seen any good chips the entire game for crit or block and those few I did are long since outmatched with sheer attack power.

What is the crit multiplier anyway? 2x damage?

The best crit chips drop from the level 110 squid that shows up in Tantal when it's foggy.

Ken, but I think he's only post-game.
The second best is Mirror Matter but I'm not really sure anymore where it drops. You should be able to farm it in chapter 8, though.

He does stand out a lot when you throw Alvis into the mix.

Crit restore works alright on QT too. You can still heal up to full just spamming Scattershot and Pow-pow Cannon because they are multi-hit and full evasion during the Scattershot.

>Get chips
>See the color choices ruins Zeke's sword.
>The abilities for several weapons are ass.
We better get a proper chip in the DLC.

Crits are x1.25 multiplier to total damage. Critical damage skills and accessories like Optical Headband add to the critical multiplier instead of your other damage percent increases.

Mirror Matter actually drops pretty early on, you can get it in Tantal.

What is this "dmg barrier" mentioned in some food items and aux cores? What creates them and how long do they last?

>I love this world because you are in it

no wonder there are so many yandere memes

>Hey, kid, wanna come with us to Elysium?

Damage barriers are like temporary HP. If you had 5,000 HP and used a 10% Dmg Barrier food you would be protected from 500 damage at the start of each fight till that 500 is expended. Kind of a weak effect for food/aux but it works alright when as a Blade Art.

challenge mode better shower me in dilaton chips because there is no fucking chance I'm replaying the whole game from scratch over and over for them

It's an extremely vague and obtuse term for overheal. It's imaginary HP you lose before you start taking actual damage.

Post best girl

should i buy this or splatoon 2
i plan to only play docked by the way

>Docked only

sure

It's better docked anyway in my opinion. Maybe a little grinding on the side in handheld mode.

Okay.

Nah, the context pretty much include the whole party. The yandere meme are from the usual half closed eyes pics people get when trying to get a good snapshot on her expressions.

They really did a good job with the expressions for this game.

biggest reaction picture goldmine

They're good when they put the effort in.

I wish the lip-syncing was better, though. Even with the Jap audio it's almost KH mouthflaps-tier.

>Even with the Jap audio it's almost KH mouthflaps-tier
Really? How come fags like to mention the lip sync as a reason they used Jap audio then?

Are theory and praxis both attack blades?
I only have theory right now and then I somehow dropped the quest because of some main story crap.

Guess I'll put them both on Zeke.

As far as I can tell, there are 2 types of cutscenes. One with the game engine, and one with much more movements to the point it looks like it was motion captured (Most serious and climatic scenes like Pyra VS Malos at the start are in that category).

And unfortunately, they only have a proper lipsynch with the JP dub with the latter. the former is plainly some opening mouth sequence and it is kind of jarring with a lot of Rare blade quests.

I wish all cutscenes were similar to the real cutscenes because seeing characters turning on themselves before moving is baffling.

I wouldn't say it is that bad. It is just that sometimes you get 1 extra mouthflap.
But with real cutscenes like the first encounter between rex and morag, the lines are nearly a perfect match.

Praxis is a water atk megalance. Theory is a ice agi tank katana.

Because it lines up better than not at all, but it still isn't very good.

>I only have theory right now

What? I think you have them mixed up, there's no way to get Theory without Praxis. Anyway, Theory is an AGI tank and Praxis is an attack Blade.

If you didn’t play Xenoblade 1 don’t play this one.

Anyone know if you can still get merc points for the next level if you haven't completed the merc rank up quest?

Yes.

Sweet, thanks.

>Electra
what is this shit
at least I pulled her on Morag

Damn, I was planning on playing around with reflect and spike damage like I did in X, but both are pretty terrible in this game. Reflect damage in particular requires a lot of investment and preparation with aux cores for very little benefit, while spike damage is only on a select few rare blades and does very little damage.

>what is this shit
A cute.
Dub too.

Finally done with that monster. S+ is really broken.
This is a solo setup. If used in a team, the elements would be Electric/Dark/Ice.

Not sure if Telepathy was the best choice for Alpha, but she is basically there just in case.