/scg/ Star Citizen General #247

Alpha 3.0 live PU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/QNNgQshs

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16343-Holiday-Special
youtu.be/DNYF7qMv1lk
youtube.com/watch?v=zVH-JiqMJEc
youtube.com/watch?v=e2WXHqZziwU
youtube.com/watch?v=e0OmNPIhoXs&t=89
youtube.com/watch?v=92rb-8mYHE0
youtube.com/watch?v=QJM3T1Ydk24
imgur.com/a/3tKSP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you guys mostly use your wrist to aim or your forearm?

I mostly use my forearm to cut my wrist after the shitshow that was 3.0

Get a better ship. The weapons on the el cheapo ones are so awful that you'd have better luck just hopping out and trying to shoot your target with a railgun isntead.

They're basically space sedans with two glocks duct taped to the sides

>If they are introducing tanks into a setting where the universes equivalent of a sedan has more firepower than said tank then you bet your ass they ass going to do sea vessels

The Nova's fire power is trash but I'm sure it's armor and shields will far surpass any ship remotely it's size.

why does my character close his mobiglass immediately when I press the system map button?

pastebin needs some changes or else just add to the OP in future: to increase your framerate to something playable. go to your advanced power settings and increase your minimum CPU state to 100%

are you in the mobi and pressing F2? because the bindings in the keybind picture is a pack of fucking lies. F1 and 2 both are just the mobiglass button, along with a dozen other inaccuracies.

A size 4 ballistic might not be able to hit a fighter, but will fuck up anything bigger quite severely with enough hits.

That's trivial stuff like restarting your computer and updating graphics driver or setting power management mode to maximum performance on nvidia control panel.

Caterpillar in atmo is artificial difficulty.

no, changing my CPU state is not a thing I can remember ever having to do for any game in my 10 year PC gaming history. given what a huge performance boost it grants for this game in particular, going from unplayable to playable and occasionally even enjoyable, it should be headlined.

Should I upgrade my Reliant to a 315p?

It costs nothing and looks like a major improvement.

315p is one of the oldest ships in the game so i wouldnt recommend it personally

It's getting a rework though. Eventually.

Its still a fucking space lincoln.

Okay,sure.Anyone got anymore performance tweaks to add in the pastbin?

Origin ships are overrated pompous trash

The Cadillac of star citizen

>setting power management mode to maximum performance
b-but it says not recommended!

Chris told you this to start with. he literally said they cost more than they're actually worth because of branding on day one. he called them Origin as a jab at EA.

Your CPU should be on max performance state by default. That doesn't mean it will be running at 100% all the time, just went it goes under load.

possibly someday, but today is not that day
also wasn't 315p supposed to have a tractor beam?

It will be interesting to see how they affect player reputation in the game world considering he said higher value\luxury craft will attract wealthier or more important jobs\npcs. I really hope they dont abandon that idea because it seems fun.

dunno how wonky the reliant is but the 300 series is solid for maneuvering and combat (once you aftermarket some guns). no idea what the cargo situation is right now but it's probably even more fucked than whatever the reliant has going on... maybe. now that I think of it you have to walk through the cargo bay to get to the cockpit in both. I guess the main difference is you will be a smaller target and have less risk of catching your big stupid wing on everything.

news to me hombre. mine was at 10% and SC is the first game that has not used above that. we're talking minimum state here, btw.

if you're updating the bin, probably remove that old optimisation link, who knows what it will do to this version.

As someone who has a 315p, it's not in the best of places. Tractor beam isn't in, the two size one missiles are basically firecrackers, and the two base guns are pretty much worthless for actual combat since omnisky 4s fire once every infinity. I could kill stuff back in 2.6 when shields were less strong and I could mount repeaters and a tarantula on it but now.... not so much.

Scanning isn't in yet and there's nowhere far away to jump to, so nothing that what makes a 315P cool is actually in the game.

It's cargo hold is 2 SCU so you can't really shift cargo, and you have to use a ladder to get in so you can't do any ground salvage missions.

Having said that, it may be a lot better after a pass - if you have only one ship I'd advise against it.

Then again, I don't know what the Reliant does - how much cargo does it hold? Does it have any decent guns?

>Cadillac
>Pompous

It's BMW my dude

My CPU has been set to this state long before I even knew what Star Citizen was.

here's the comparison between those two
What's the deal with the X Y Z axis acceleration, anyone cares to explain me that? Is Reliant better at strafing?
Also I was pretty sure 315p should have come equiped with tractor beam and a jump drive, is that not the case?

oh ffs, how did that happen

Star Citizen is still scheduled to come out 2015, and we're on target for that. What I think gets missed is that backers get access to the game much earlier than that. We've already released the hanger module, and as we complete the various components of the game, backers will get patches to add those components to their clients. So yes, we release in 2015, but backers will actually be seeing the game much earlier than that.

and the lower half

Now offering ship recovery services for ships that floated away in atmosphere

kore was the combat variant was it not? and it also has double the cargo capacity. seems like the 315 is a downgrade in every way except top speed, which is pretty unimportant in the age of afterburners.

I have a Mustang Alpha and Aurora LN. Are they any good? Should I upgrade to something better? I was looking at the Gladius, but I'm not sure. I don't have any friends to play with yet, but maybe I'd like to fly something I can carry people and things around in.

>kudre has landing pads
fuck me I've been going to dinky little shit stations with nothing but rocks around them and having to walk from the nearest flat area.

Most of the mining outposts have landing pads, and you can summon land vehicles at them.

LN is the only aurora that's worth half a damn in combat and is still a good little cargo tugger with 3 SKU to work with. alpha sucks, as to all the mustangs except the delta, which also sucks. wait for the rework though, it might be not shit soon.
> maybe I'd like to fly something I can carry people and things around in.
the aurora has a bed and some standing room behind the pilot, good luck getting any loose cargo in there though

I wonder, does the Greycat thing counts as a ground vehicle or a hangar decoration?

Do you have LTI on any of these?

if you want to spend the money, upgrade the aurora to an avenger, both the mustang and avenger are getting a rework

If you want to spend more money you can upgrade the mustang alpha to delta whenever it comes up for sale again to give yourself a bit more combat ability

why can't I steal a dragonfly, it's just sitting there. it's not like there's a door to unlock

How can I tell? I haven't played this in years.

See

go to your hangar and take a screenshot

well, there doesn't seem to be much point of owning two rather basic starter ships at once. But it all depends on how much money are you willing to throw away.
If I were you I'd keep the LN (or try to upgrade it for LX for that sweet jump drive right of the bat) and than think about upgrading the mustang into whatever tickles your fancy. Be it a fighter like Gladius, somewhat of an allrounder fighter Cutlass, even more allrounder Freelancer or something even bigger - up to you

specifically your hangar on the website, not in game

>post image of vehicle when Cadillac was good

Alright....and?

It's our big end of the year release. So we're gonna get it out by the end of the year. Hopefully not on December 19th [2016]. But like last year, it is a big one.

Cadillac is rocking right now, are you kidding? Their alpha platform out handles anything BMW is throwing out, without any of the bullshit like fake engine noise playing through speakers or whatever

now post the other one, for the ship he has

i made that specifically in response to the other one, i dont actually have it saved

Not who you're replying to but
>90,000 dollars on their website
Wew.

>you could buy a stand alone Aurora ES for $20 and have cargo and upgrade it in game.
Is it at one of the shops or something?

I figured, I made the other one, and now I can't find it

If you want an alpha platform with a V8 and rear wheel drive for cheaper you gotta buy chebby

car nerds go, this is for spaceship nerds only

Why not just wait until we can buy ships and weapons with uec instead of blowing money on shitty light fighters?

>Can't take boxes in an Aurora.
>Basically must have ramp on ship to be able to use boxes.
>Aurora weapon damage is nerfed so hard you literally can't kill another Aurora let alone anything else.
>90% of the missions are unplayable to players who are not retarded whales.

>no pay 2 win
>no subscriptions
>no cash shops
sasuga, chris-san

You can either buy an Origin ship or an Anvil/Aegis/Drake equivalent that outperforms in in nearly every way and is cheaper

Click the little arrows on the packages to see how much insurance you have

or do that, and dont call my shipfu shitting

>hurr durr you're just supporting development by buying ships it's not a purchase
>Should I upgrade to something better?
>I'd like to fly something I can carry people and things around in.
>n-not a purchase! we're not buying ships! NOOOOOOOOOOOO DEREEEKK
DEEEEREEEEEKKKKK
FUD
FUD
REEEEE

Glad to see the new muscle cars actually being muscle cars now

All damage is nerfed. I couldn't destroy a half dead Mustang sitting in the middle of nowhere with my cutlass. Both the Aurora and the reworked mustang should get the ability to hang cargo boxes via magnets in the back.

O shit, they only have 3 month insurance.

buy avenger warlock :^)

reminder to report and ignore shitposters.

Still too low to the ground, looks like a shoe.

No

I wouldn't worry about it too much, we don't really know how much insurance will cost in game and it's generally believed to be one of the cheapest expenses

If it really kills your autism you could do something like

melt one or both of your game packages, purchase an identical holiday sale package robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16343-Holiday-Special and use your store credit to upgrade it to something like an avenger or at that point a cutlass, it's not LTI but its 60 months and lets be real, if we even get to the point of launch 60 months is essentially LTI

Or you could wait until another cheap concept sale, then melt a pack down and use the store credit to buy said ship and upgrade it to whatever you want, as the game packs insurance carries over to the ship you buy.

Or you could just be happy with what you got and not spend any more money, I will say having both an aurora and a mustang is a bit superfluous

>waah criticism of the game is shitposting! report report!
false reports and announcing reports are both against the rules

Gotta love how the Cutlass has become the perfect jack of all trades medium ship, the logical next step after owning an Avenger which is the perfect jack of all trades small ship.

Then there is the Constellation/600i as the next choice and after that would be the Polaris I guess (garbage hangar aside).

>I will say having both an aurora and a mustang is a bit superfluous
That's a nice way of saying retarded.

I would at the very least melt one down and upgrade the other to an avenger yea, even at 3 months insurance the avenger is a cheap enough ship that it wouldnt honestly matter

honestly I'd say wait for the mustang rework. the LN is currently the better ship, but who knows, maybe the alpha will be the one to keep later.

I've got a 315p and an avenger, and the Avenger (the one with the storage capacity) is hands down currently the better ship.

You can move freight, your stock guns can actually kill auroras and have semi-decent missiles when they work, and you can bail out fast or use the ramp.

315 will in the future have a lot more flexibility with a tractor beam and other exploration gear and a longer ranged jump, but currently the avenger is just that much more useful.

unless you have the non-titan version aaaaaaa

youtu.be/DNYF7qMv1lk

In case you are wondering, here is what the Avenger rework looks like:
youtube.com/watch?v=zVH-JiqMJEc

Before the rework, it was still worth upgrading a starter ship to it. If they aren't going raise the price, then this is definitely the thing to do if you're looking to get the most bang for your buck.

Yeah, the stalker in particular looks crap. How often are you going to take prisoners that you want to sacrifice all storage space?

The warlock does seem like it has a nasty weapon though.

Holy fuck! EMP surface ganking.
>youtube.com/watch?v=e2WXHqZziwU

Any large size ship with cargo capacity and EMP capabilities?

They really need to fix the jerkiness that happens when you fall.

Not yet, we'll see what the warlock looks like after the update, maybe they'll allow a small amount of cargo

I hope they dont nerf the weaponry on the freelancer max and that they make it fast as hell in a straight line.
It would be one hell of a pirate ship to catch whales moving cargo (assuming they drop something post destruction since ransoms are all bs dead ends).
Tractor beam in the rear turret.

youtube.com/watch?v=e0OmNPIhoXs&t=89

It sure can carry shit. Not sure if it will outrun white knights though.

If they downgrade its S3's the ship is pretty much dead.

finally gave up my reliant and went for a 325a until my friend pitied me and gave me an upgrade to cutlass and the 300 series handles so much better than the awful garbage that is reliant.

It's like walking back into a time machine

*For freighters that is. If it attacks a cutlass or another base freelancer shit might get tough. Its missiles are also shit so it appears, so no alpha.

As it is, in 3.0, do destroyed ships drop cargo at all?

Damn, I can't believe I used to think the original ship models looked nice. Compared to the remodeled and newer ships, they look like they're using PS2 graphics.

youtube.com/watch?v=92rb-8mYHE0

wew

>cargo hold size

youtube.com/watch?v=QJM3T1Ydk24

The good old days

Yikes how did we give money for this game in 2012

imgur.com/a/3tKSP

People were thirsty for a space sim & kickstarter wasn't yet abused to shit.

The rest of the industry was THAT bad

Plus the only other notable crowdfunded games at the time were Interstellar Marines (which invented the early access crowdfunding system that is common these days) and Minecraft.