/twg/ - Total War General

Foolish Rat edition

>Warhammer
Tomb Kings revealed
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 - Tomb Kings Trailer (embed)
store.steampowered.com/app/617870
totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-announcement
tl;dr Tomb Kings on the 23rd of January, 4 LL's
Laboratory Mode
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 - The Laboratory Gameplay Trailer (embed)
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/reprisal-update-final-patch-notes
tl;dr: Laboratory and Reprisal updates now live, more balances & updates in January alongside campaign DLC and FLC

>History
[YouTube] Total War: ROME II - Empire Divided Trailer (embed)
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
[YouTube] Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA (embed)
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-campaign-map-reveal
tl;dr New Britain map is fuck huge so you can never escape the rain

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR (embed)
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Previous Edition:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169777450
wired.com/2004/05/rome-first-a-game-now-on-tv/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FUCK RATS

FIRST FOR MORTAL EMPIRES IS SHIT

Vampire Counts remain the best undead.

third for giants

Dubs and Thrones of Britannia will flop

D A W I

sixth for no naval battles

7th for never returning those artefacts!

Kangz n sheet

what kind of battle is this

a slaughter

woah thats cool, you actually get to fight battles on bridges that appear on the campaign map! Is this a sneak preview of the future historical title, because that isn't in warhammer

Does anyone actually enjoy Old World factions in ME? I hate how the ai can conquer anywhere now, it just ruins the setting for me. I tried the Vampires and by turn 30 Karl was getting cucked by conquering orcs and dwarfs. After seeing Altdorf being traded between Orcs and Dwarfs a few times, I decided to quit. What happened to the Vampire Wars of man against the undead invasion? WHTW1 was much better thematically for the Old World.

They are actually kangz though.

Only until the end of January.

HOL UP

Really? I've never seen the empire overwhelmed as VC before I could conquer them first.

My issue with VC campaigns is I'm burnt out on the game (usually by having to chew through dwarves) before I have a chance to fight the new world races.

Bridges cost too many Charlemagnes user, they spent all of them on non-human animations

I know it's atypical for Total War but I'd personally like an alliance mode where you declare for a big bloc of nations and have to defeat the enemy alliance. Diplomacy disabled, all factions of one alliance are military allies and constantly at war with the other site.

Something like
>Bretonnia/Empire/Dwarfs/Wood Elves/High Elves/Lizardmen vs. WoC/DoC/Beastmen/Dark Elves/Skaven/Chaos Dwarfs

So wuz we.

>no Norsca till May
>no unique starting positions for old world factions
>several old factions still having less than 4 LLs
>sieges are still 1wall2gates
>Altdorf is still a hovel
If you're still paying CA money after all this bullshit - you're a disgusting goy cuck and should kill yourself immediately.

Warhammer 2 has a few of those, but basically the whole map is a bridge. Pretty sure they are only in WH2 and thus only in Lustria in ME though.

>I will be included
>OH NO

Thanks for reminding me to preorder tomb kings.

Oh boy, I can't wait to fight endless AI stacks of Ushabti....

I sure am glad CA is releasing another paid DLC rather than fixing the core of their fucking game.

You might want to give this a try.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169777450

that's MISTER Goy Cuck to you

No Boris
No banners and musicians

Those are the real crimes

Good thing you don't have to pay a single cent then.

If I applied those standards to every TW game I would have stopped buying them after S1

>let me tell you how to spend your money
How to out yourself as an american: 101

>Raising up against Franz

This is what happens to traitors to the throne.

WOAH!
LUCAS'S HEAD FLEW BY ME

>no India till forever
>half the map is still rebels
>no historically accurate factions ever
>several DLC factions still not playable in the grand campaign
>sieges are still absolutely broken
>Constantinople is still a generic city
If you're still paying CA money after all this Medieval 2 bullshit - you're a disgusting goy cuck and should kill yourself immediately.

No, we just have to wait another fucking three months or however long it takes to reskin Vampire Counts in a WE WUZ theme to sell it to gullible idiots, before they'll fix shit like the AI diplomacy being retarded and late-game monster spam.

Except R2, everyone's favorite memegame, had better sieges and cities that expanded on the strategic map.
I mean even modders figured out how to expand cities, and CA is a large company that cant get 1 professional programmer to do it.

Why does WH have shit unit textures

@200157376
>tomb kings are reskinned vampires
You don't even get a (You) for this

You talk shit about the textures but you have not even noticed his wrist yet?

Smart strategy. Unless you have a Chaos army AI attacking. Then it will just nuke you with artillery with +100000000% accuracy.

Playing as DE, I thought I had the AI licked when defending the Mung encampment with just my GARRISON. It was cake against the Mung and Beast men doing a simple defense of land Bridge.

AI jew-spawns a 10 stack with 4 artillery. Fight was over in like 3 minutes. I actually save scummed it like 3 times trying to somehow get over the bridge to kill the artillery and raped every time. CHAOS artillery is heatseaking and never misses a moving target.

The programmers are the same that worked on attila, which is commonly praised as one of the best. Differences between the titles clearly must mean different design and focus decisions rather than skill.

Ah yes, the famed Rome 2 sieges.

>opponent brings a ton of siege engines
>sends one unit forth and watches as it gets obliterated while his engines roll around the map without approaching my walls
This still happens all the time in Rome 2. I can't believe people are so new that they actually start defending Rome 2.

whens gameplay footage

attila has the best tw sieges

>this post
Sucks to be you user

I'm about to start up a Huns campaign and im curious what mods you niggers recommend i use

22nd

Tomb Kings isn't already out, is it?

Having an above-simian intellect is indeed a burden, you're lucky.

Attila also suffers from shitty attacker AI during walled city defenses. Attila certainly has the best settlement battles. But the best sieges go to Shogun 2.

Honestly, bridge battles were just a big case of deploying and being AFK while the AI impaled itself against your wall. Nice to watch the first few times but then it was barely above M2 sieges, and just because they were less broken.

From S2 they spiced things up a bit adding a second point to hold but the novelty died fast. All in all field battles are the most interesting ones.

>I'm so smart look at me
Saying Tomb Kings are a Vamp Cunt resking kinda proves the opposite

You're insufferable user. End yourself.

All games suffer from shitty attacker AI. S2 felt better because AI was hardcoded to attack from all possible sides if it had the numbers to do it but that's just because castles were tiny (not necessarily a bad thing) but it had its fair share of problems.

I'd say s2 is a close second imo, I like attila's more because they are more traditional sieges with actual equipment, and you also can have combined land/naval sieges which are fun. Plus the fire mechanics in attila

That's true. The best TW sieges are those that manage to hide the horrible attack AI best. That's imho Shogun 2 because they don't have to deal with siege engines and Warhammer because they can focus on a very small section of the wall. Attila and Rome 2 walled sieges are just terribad in terms of actual AI and functionality. Even though the cities are top kino in these games.

Any mod that removes Rogue Armies? And that actually works?

someone post the WH2 chart please, I got tired of playing Vortex

>The best TW sieges are those that manage to hide the horrible attack AI best
user that is exactly why wh sieges are the way they are though, by that logic wh2 has the best sieges

Really, a lot of problems would be solved by having smaller forts like in S2, which allows fights on multiple fronts with the usual numbers involved, and limiting the garrison size depending on settlement size like S1 and M1 did, to avoid the fact that having a full stack defending is an autowin.

Bigger settlements are great to see and everything but really, most of the times you fight on a single front anyway and you put most of the troops in a definite place rather than having defence in depth or stuff like that because there's no point in having a few units take the brunt of the attack while the others do fuck all.

Have they cracked Norsca (TW:W1) or Mortal Empires yet? Why are they taking so long with the former?

Rolling for next week when my SSD arrives and I won't grow old during loading times.

Honestly, in terms of AI and actual tactics invloved, Warhammer sieges are among the best in the series. It's just that the athmosphere of a besieged city is non-existent when all you defend is a single wall, which is why most people dislike the battles.

Failing to keep the breach in the walls was usually cause for surrendering because everyone realised the battle was lost, I don't really see an issue. At least that's how I see it, not every siege turned into stalingrad.

>tfw reading reviews for medieval 1 and shogun TW
>RTS being discussed as a major genre.
I wasn't ready for these feels.

these clubmannii go hard as fuck jesus

do i buy attila or norsca

Shut up user

How dare you speak to me, you stupid shill.

WO GHAAL NETH

Well, it was. Those were the golden times, then the bubble burst. As much as it pains everyone to admit it, strategy games that didn't develop a good enough spin on the basic formula died, and that's most of the series. The modern retakes that try to recreate C&C and the others without a spin fail one after another just for that reason.

That's why you still have some niche games like Warcraft/SC, TW and the wargame series, or even COH and Men of War (and hell, even DoW1, being played while no one remembered Act of War or Grey Goo after a couple of months.

Alright I'm a huge 4x player like Civ or stellars and I'm switching to total warhammer since I'm a Veeky Forums fag too. How fucked am I? Any chance I can auto resolve every fight or do I need to learn them?

No you shut up, you fucking pirate.
I HAVE TO WAIT 5 FUCKING MONTHS FOR MY THROGGBOY, YOU CAN TOO, YOU SHITDOG.

Enjoy your wait.

how the fuck can those chicken-armed retards bind a True-Horn?

Because of the cowls I can't tell if they're dark elves, chaos cultists, or A L B I O N

Attila. It's actually one of the best TW games.

I was far more interested in the reviews themselves.
Reviewers then were praising Shogun 1 for making a RTS game that was tactically deep as your average wargame but as engaging like C&C.
I loved how gamespot and IGN were telling C&C/Wc3 gamers that total war was far more intricate and complex than those games and you actually had to strategise before the battle started.
What's funnier is that it was EA babysitting Creative assembly.

What are the odds of Valten making in to WH III

You'll get a lot more mileage out of your troops if you play the battles yourself, but there are certainly people out there who autoresolve everything. The only battles you can't autoresolve are quest battles, which grant you incredibly powerful items for your legendary lords and the final battles for the newer campaigns. Beastmen, Wood Elves, Bretonnia, Norsca and all four factions on the Vortex campaign have a final battle that you have to play.

Maybe he enjoys being dominated by elves?

The problem with Warhammer sieges is simply

A) No place for street fighting, not even a little
B) No deployables like in Attila
C) Only one possible attack direction
D) No strategical capture points and towers

The actual siege gameplay is quite good. But placing shitty javelins onna barricade and watching them throwing everything they've got at the enemy was the best feeling in TW sieges. It really captured the desperation of sieges.

Rolling.
Pls no Beastmen or WE

It indeed was a breath of fresh air in RTS games. Battles were all about tactics and no resource gathering/base building/civilian population to manage and it had terrain actually mattering with hills and forests. At most you used to have stuff like a rudimental form of high terrain influencing los in dark reign and the like.
Armies being commanded on a regimental level was also pretty new and the numbers involved in battle were impressive at the time.

Thanks for the infomation, I'll try looking around for some guides in fighting then.

Honestly, once you start getting the hang of it you will have a blast with the battles.

Nothing more satisfying than setting up a nice checkerboard and watching your handgunners tear apart some chaos fucking shits. If you are new to TW I'd simply recommend avoiding micromanagement-heavy units like mages and chariots. The rest is easy to learn.

>Atilla
>one of best
post your top 3 then because i have no idea what are u talking about

I like how the reviews go
>You can have thousands of soldiers in the battlefield.
>You can pause the game and give tactical orders or just admire the arrows mid flight.
>Oh my god its like playing Gladiator.
>soldiers have morale and they fight to the death.
>The AI can ambush you and shit on the battlefield.

It feels so awesome reading those reviews because they are all completely true.

Based CA still keeping the RTS market afloat.

I commonly autoresolve the battles if the balance of power is overwhelmingly in my favour. Otherwise, it's much better to fight manually. Once you have a bit of experience it's easy to snatch a victory when the autoresolve would have you losing the battle. You will also avoid unecessary casualties in close battles.

Attila

They're dark elf cultists of khaine. It's from Hellebron's novella.

attila, best modern tw

shit nigga, look at this article
wired.com/2004/05/rome-first-a-game-now-on-tv/

I now really wanna watch time commanders with /twg/

>Attila
>Shogun 2
>Warhammer 1

Attile is dope you pleb

>preorder norsca six months in advance
>or play a game now

SAY MY NAME