/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General General #3396

Demon Edition

Previous Thread: →

Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
Summer's Clover (Suriko's Non-Canon Miki Route): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
Summer's Clover VN: github.com/stanriders/ks-summersclover
KS alpha: steamcommunity.com/groups/KSPreAlpha/discussions/0/1291816880498430072/
Pastebin: pastebin.com/Wp8y08x2
Writebin: pastebin.com/PpGnE3nc
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/6Z28iW1x
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
Katawa Booru: cripple.booru.org/
Hanako Image Database: hanakoisbestgirl.com
KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
"I'm such a failure, I'll never find my Katawa" pastebin.com/B8bLKPz1
Crud's "Where Are 4LS Now?": reddit.com/r/katawashoujo/comments/6v2zkb/the_where_are_they_now_post/
KS fanfics: fourleaffics.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:/ksg/
Halloween 2017 fan content collection: pastebin.com/rcU3M8G7

Remember, Skynet's christmas contest is now on! Deadline for submissions is New Years Day, more can be found here: pastebin.com/ynU1BBYH

First for Suriko and wishing him good luck with all his new games!

Lilly!

My thanks to the user who made the demon Emi eyes. Maybe I'll post my edit some day.

great edition OP!
>tfw no demon katawa gf

Tsundere is overdone anyway
I'd like to see her in a plugsuit though

Hanako

Ex-TF dev. The reason why he chose to work with us in the first place was because he liked our conflict and story beats and wanted to adapt it into a KS off shoot. The rest of the group wasn't interested in making a KS sequel though.

>demon edition
>there is 1 (one) demon
This won't do.

Forgive him, op didn't know about all the demons.
Hell, I don't have the other red eyes. What a shame.

Right, and I'm the Queen of England.

Thanks buddy!
>tfw no sex crazed Emi demon that needs to consume your semen to maintain her life force

Yep I only had the one demon
The important one
You're welcome to post the rest if you have them though, I'd appreciate it!

>still had the title in the name field
doh

Here's a sprite concept you won't find anywhere on their site or blog. Caprice has extreme learning issues due to a car crash at a young age. Millie is trying to get her over it by helping her, but there's push back since Caprice sees it as Millie giving up on her and admitting she's retarded. Suriko wanted to take this idea, move it to Japan, rename the characters and make Caprice's (or in his draft, Kaminari's) problem a physical one to better match Yamaku's rules.

You ARE the general.

At this point it's several threads ago he_demon user posted them. And again, I'm don't have any outside of Emi and now Lilly.

reposting from that thread

>"I've had a weird dream last night user"
>"There was some... I don't know, some being, entity"
>"It's all fuzzy now, I don't remember exactly how it went, but it told me I could wish for anything and would get it, at a cost"
>"Never told me what the cost was, or I can't remember anyway. I wished for the first thing I could think of, having sight."
>"That was the end of it, or so I thought when I woke up right after that"
>she opens her now red eyes, and gently touches your cheek with her fingers, as she has done so often in the past
>"I was right user. You are very handsome".

Ah yeah that was more of a general "post em if you got em" not directly at you, bud, sorry.

I'm ready for the era of Rin.

assuming true, why'd you leave? and how did you join in the first place?

Lel it's okay, took it too literally for it's own sake. Hopefully they'll post the rest.
It has never not been time for Rin.

It will be Rin and only Rin for months on end.

why even live

Until the end of time, shall it always be.

They picked me up as an editor on their Discord. The group was desperate for writing help until Suriko came along. I left because I didn't like how PC Suriko was making the game, I felt like it was losing it's edge. We eventually even removed the word retarded from the script, despite Caprice being the clinical definition of it.

If he wanted to make a mentally disabled Katawa Shoujo why didn't he try joining the Missing Stars project?

The SJW tendencies of the retards who put a literal rape scene into their game never cease to amaze me.

Also if Yamaku is only physical disabilities why is Hanako there?
And Misha
They could've included mental disabilities if they really wanted to.

Hanako's there as a reminder that the State regardless of which country it is is irresponsible with the taxpayer's money probably, the State decided that Yamaku was the best option for her, while Misha's there due to there not being an actual hard rule regarding a student's disability.

But Misha is autistic.

I don't have the image, but UH-FISH-SHUA-LY Misha's there for a broken nail.
Doesn't make her any less hot.

Yamaku is probably a private school, you libertarian snake.

Hanako is ancap tho.

hnggggggggg

>Yamaku is probably a private school, you libertarian snake.
Then why is a ward of the state there? Why would the state send her to a supposedly private school?

>We almost got a KS2
>Led by Suriko

That's a monkey's paw if I've ever seen it.

I'm this newfag Just played for the first time, don't know the community at all?

What's the deal with the Suriko hate? What is this Hanako rape scene I am somehow unaware of?

If you played her route you're very aware of it, otherwise you have some weird ideas about consent.

there wasn't 2 lawyers present during hanako's sex scene to make sure Hanako was consenting to the sex, therefore it's rape.

>t.mentally challenged hanaturd

Go down Hanako's route. You'll understand the argument.

I hate to answer this with "hurr lurk moar" but honestly... that's probably for the best in this case. Otherwise you'll just get answers like >200197681

>Go down Hanako's route
Hanako's front route or back route?

Trip off

>I felt like it was losing it's edge
That's about the last thing I thought it would be

All four, if you're good enough.

You clearly don't have 98% completion.

You don't need to lurk you just need to do some critical thinking my dude

That's literally Sweden.

Are we just talking about the sex scene in Whispered Touch? I thought it was weird but I guess I just gave it the benefit of the doubt. I thought there was a fic or side story or something outside the game I hadn't seen.

Is it an extension of meme hatred? Maybe I just saw an unusual amount of whining in the last thread.

It's because he's lying. There was even a post recently showing writing style guidelines and they outright forbid most swearing in the game.

That kind of seems like it proves it

I'd like to say it was an "unusual amount" but Hanako is really popular and we have one (or a couple) people who exclusively shit on people that like Hanako so it's pretty common.
That said, it was rape.

Sorry, should have included my [X] doubt image. I think so too. If he said that about MS I'd believe it

>spoiler
Legitimately curious: defend the argument. Outside of THAT IMAGE, convince me that it was, beyond a shadow of a doubt, rape.
I have my doubts either way.

>Lilly will never show you the abyss

>Is it an extension of meme hatred? Maybe I just saw an unusual amount of whining in the last thread.
nah, it's just a couple of serious autists. been going at it for a few thousand threads. biggest autist of them all probably wrote (over the years) a million words on this, and shows no sign of stopping.

She was not a willing and active participant. She "let him" do it. If you have sexual intercourse on the grounds of "I let him because I was scared" that's rape.

see unless you phrased it all wrong?
forbid swearing is clearly a sign of losing its edge

Or that it never had that edge in the first place.

Yeah you're right the dating simulator for the mentally disabled isn't edgy at all lul

>she let him do it
>SHE LET HIM DO IT BECAUSE SHE WAS SCARED!
HE PROBABLY WOULD'VE MURDERED HER THEN FLAY LILLY FOR NO REASON OR SHOVE A CACTUS UP MUTOU'S ASS
seek help. seriously.
you having to add "because I was scared" just proves the game canon doesn't show rape at all, you need to make up your own stupid shit to "prove" your point.

She SAID she did it because she was scared of losing him you FUCKING AUTIST

Even so, there's the "I let him" argument. I'm fairly, although not completely, certain that if she said "stop", Hisao would stop, assuming she wanted him to stop. Unfortunately, we never hear her side, only that she "wanted" him due to circumstances. The only reason she allowed it was because she was afraid of losing him IF he didn't get the sex. Technically, she still allowed it.

They made a clause for this girl to make her sound stupid in your own example. If anything, this proves that original user as legitimate.

Just because someone doesn't say stop doesn't mean it's not rape dude, you can say absolutely nothing and let them do whatever they want and it can still be rape, and it WAS.

ah, didn't know that's what you/he meant.
KS is a dating simulator for cripple girls, is it edgy?
I don't know what that game is like, but if they used tact and made it thoughtful and all, even a game about dating retards can avoid being edgy... If it focus on the reality, the problems, the person behind the illness, and so on. brings up issues like "is it ok for a 'sane' person to date someone with a mental illness?". It's probably more edgy than a game about physical disabilities, because of the social stigmas and all, but I can see someone making it work in a non-edgy/non-creepy way. you can do better than
>hurr I'm gon bang retards
^which is (replace retards by cripples) what a lot of people think KS really is.

>stupid for avoiding swear words
>in the biggest mormon city in the US
Caprice is obviously a missionary user

Yeah it's by it's nature edgy. It does a good job subverting the edge for sure, but would you tell a co-worker you like a cripple dating simulator and its' your favorite game or something without a lot of time to explain or knowing they're very understanding or something along those lines? Of course KS is edgy.

It's not rape BECAUSE it's a cute romance game about overcoming your insecurities and falling in love and I just want it to be cute :'(

That said, it was pretty rapey and having been in a similar position in real life I didn't/wouldn't have done as Hisao did.

I'm sorry for starting this autistic screeching.

I won't bring up what the other anons that argue this do about the condom or the forcing open of legs or what have you, but sex requires 2 active willing participants, I just don't feel like "I let him" equals consensual sex.

>you can say absolutely nothing and let them do whatever they want and it can still be rape
Then why blame Hisao at all if the """rapist"""can be in a position where there are *literally* no signs of disapproval on the girl? In this case, a girl who nods for him to take off her stockings?

>please don't overdo it. context is important
wtf does that mean. everyone swears for no reason at all.
sure if you have a Lilly-type character she would not, but just putting a bland "no one swears!" blanket for no reason? what, is that one of the criteria to join the school or whatever the fuck that place is? normal(and abnormal) people swear, retards swear, brilliant people swear...

Because I'm not an autist who can read the mood of a situation, and if I a girl acted as Hanako did I wouldn't continue. Having said all this, I don't fault Hanabros for liking her, or even the route, and I don't think it was even intended as rape per-say, but that's honestly what the final product ended up being.
That scene, in it's final state, is an awkward rape scene that I felt kinda scummy playing all those years ago.

>ywn trade Lilly your eyesight for vision of what only the blind can see

Fictional characters only swear exactly when the writer decides they should

>Just because someone doesn't say stop
>doesn't say stop
Now please understand where I'm coming from. She didn't say "stop". Legally, the case is null and void, since otherwise is just circumstantial evidence. Again, I don't agree with how the scene was written alpha was better, desu, but it's exceedingly hard to prove rape. Considering that I believe in "innocent until proven guilty", it's hard to prove guilty here.

>I just don't feel like "I let him" equals consensual sex.
In front of your peers, do you? Repeat that to yourself, and think critically about it. If you were on the jury of a rape case, and you heard "I let him" from the defendant, what would you think?

Nah I kinda wanted to write my feelings on it anyway, even if I was a bit too autistic about it, and it's sorta a grey area I suppose as well, that said, I'm basically in the same boat, Hisao just made a very bad judgement call, but that is where all the "master of romance" stuff comes from anyways, Hisao is socially retarded.

Welcome to college campuses in {current year}
I'm offended that you're not offended.

No I wouldn't tell them that because on appearance it's edgy. After playing KS do you still feel the same? There's nothing edgy about KS, only people who haven't played it think it is (and even more if they know 4channers made it) because they assume it's gonna be just that, hurr I'm gonna bang some cripples!

Even if there was no h scenes I'd still play it. Hell I've read lots of people say it'd be better with no sex scenes at all. Just be that touching story, some slice of life/romantic story that shows disabilities in a different view.

There's a difference between "People will think it's edgy shit" and "It's actually just edgy shit".
It's possible (and very easy) to make a KS game or a game about mental illness edgy/cheap. But ti's possible to make it right as well.
Won't stop people who don't play it from thinking it's edgy. But who cares? THe people who play it will see it for what it is.

I understand where you're coming from, but just because a woman doesn't kick and claw at her attacker and scream doesn't mean she's an ACTIVE and WILLING participant, see?

Did Shizune rape Hisao?
He never consented to the sex scene, and he clearly just "let her" do it. He didn't play an active role at all. She sat on him, tied his hands, and did all the 'fucking' while he just sat there.

Yeah I basically agree with you, it's not really edgy in it's actual completed product but a visual novel made by a bunch of autists from Veeky Forums about a controversial subject starts off at a base level of edge, is all, whether or not it ends up subverted.

Hisao never seemed like he wasn't into it in Shizune's scene. If you honestly got the vibe from Hanako that she was DTF in her scene then you might want to take a long hard look at yourself.

We're debating about whether or not this "KS2" thing is edgy based on but is it even confirmed if the story is actually about a slow girl?

>doesn't mean she's an ACTIVE and WILLING participant, see?
stop confusing active and willing.
first time I had sex I was willing but zero active (and I'm a guy, we usually have the most active role). But I was also shy as fuck and - very much like Hanako - petrified and would never have been able to actually do the fucking, so I pretty much just laid there while she did her thing on top of me.

And then we dated for like 4 years and fucked (with me taking the active role) a lot more, but you'll probably say that was stockholm syndrom, me falling for my rapist?

I'm extremely shy, but still probably not half as shy as Hanako. Expecting her to be active as a proof of willingness is downright ridiculous.

Yaknow I'd actually love to have that discussion as well if I knew the Shizoone route better, but I haven't played that route since release and I've forgotten most of it. That said I think I remember most of the Shizu sex scenes being at a base level pretty hot/well done and not painfully awkward, so I might not end up arguing that one as rape in the end. I'm just too ignorant on it to discuss meaningfully.

I believe the characters are self-inserts, so definitely.

As an extra aside, we have Hisao's internal monologue as well, which ends up making things a lot harder to discuss either way in that aspect, since we know how he feels, cant really argue against the victims headspace.

Do you have any idea how weak 100lb Japanese girls are? Even with a heart condition if Hisao at any moment wanted to stop he'd have to do nothing more than stand up and walk out of the room. There was no rape in the Shizune route.

I'm sure the original South African Lilly is a big Lovecraft fan.

>ACTIVE
I can't defend that based off of what I'm given.
>WILLING
If you didn't want to go to the Carnival, would you let your parents know? No? Then why, considering the severity of the act, did she not say anything, during the act? Under the eyes of the law, during the act, she still WANTED it. Again, albeit under different assumptions, she TECHNICALLY wanted it. Technically. As the impartial jury I am suppose to be, if she WANTED it under different circumstances than the accused, she still WANTED it. I don't necessarily agree with the circumstances, but that's not my part to play. As long as both parties are WILLING, albeit under different circumstances, I can't consider it as rape. Maybe you can convince me otherwise?

that just makes her a manipulative person, not a rape victim.

yep, getting raped sounds awesome

>calling new-ST "KS2"
>when there is literally a "KS2 even though we change the name" fangame out there
>when there is literally "KS but retards" MS out there
>when there was literally "KS but totally not KS right guise" LD out there once

Also,
>believing user that it's about a slow girl when the website literally tells you what it's about

How far the mighty have fallen

To the "it was rape" crowd...

>not painfully awkward,
Not just talking about you here, but thing is there's a lot of things the "it was rape" crowd say about Hanako sex scenes like...
-It was super awkward
-She was not active
-She looked petrified
Which are things that OF COURSE will happen in an Hanako sex scene. You know, the girl who had a catatonic episode because Misha talked about her birthday? The girl who literally ran away from a classmate saying "Hi!"? The girl who hides behind Hisao when walking into corridors because there are other people who might see her?

I'm not saying all the "it was rape" arguments can all be as easily dismissed, but sometime you guys mentions shit happening in Hanako's scene that would happen even after Hanako said "I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU HISAO AND I WANT YOU TO BE MY BOYFRIEND".
She would still be petrified, not active, and it'd be awkward, and a million other things that you guys mention as "proof" it was a rape.
Where it's just proof that it's sex with the #1 shy person in the world.

What if the website is just subverting expectations for the story?

Please don't remind me of the abomination that was Lilly's alpha route.

If we made it to 10k threads or 100k threads, decades and decades in the future... I wonder if there would still be "was it rape?" discussions, long after the original posters all died and a new wave replaced them. Would they still talk about it out of habit from reading the first one talking about it before them and all?

What is already dead may never die. So this meme shall burn an eternal flame.

I'll shit on hanaturds until I die.