/bdog/ The MMORPG Black Desert Online

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG developed by Pearl Abyss. It features non-tab targeted action combat, zerg pvp, infinite grinding and a sudo sandbox experience.

>Latest NA/EU Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Latest KR News
invenglobal.com/blackdesertonline

>Guilds
NA: Sardine, Baka
Eu: Pettanco, Valor

>/BDOG/ Discord
discord.gg/ETsNjaW

>Useful Links, Guides, Guilds & Info
pastebin.com/bV5R0qXz

>NewFAQs
Read the pastebin, Ctrl+F, jfgi before posting.
Many guests passes are available for those that wish to try the game for 7 days.

Previous Thread:

xth for I dont like this outfit as much as I thought I would I should refund it

It's probably my favorite holiday themed one they have.
Yukata would be better if it wasn't as short as it is

It would be nice if they had more cozy clothes as opposed to short skirt/dress style outfits desu. Given the target audience, though, I can't blame them for cashing in on blatant sex appeal.

NUDES

As long as it has underwear that cover legs a bit it looked nice in preview but something about it in motion just looks off to me, I can't put my finger on what exactly

Oh and also that the stars have a bit of red surrounding them even if you dye the entire outfit other colours so it looks awkward unless you work around the red bothers me immensely

I love it but yeah I had to plan to get underwear with stockings just for it. I usually get no stockings ones but it feels essential with this outfit. At times I've thought it might feel a bit baggy from behind if you're zoomed out but that might just be because I'm used to witch Deneve which makes me look like a hamplanet from behind zoomed out.

just dye the stars then

You can dye the snowflakes to something else and it'll take away the red border.

oh no, buying kibelius was a mistake

>something about it in motion just looks off to me
its a problem with a lot of the costumes, they are just stiff and don't have any physics to them, most of the time the only piece that moves is the back piece, the actual clothes are hard and stretch around piece of your body as you bend, like when you sit down in the yukata or winter sweater, it somehow sticks to your butt and stretches out

tamers

why tamers?

>start doing trade things with donkey
>"okay this is pretty nice i think i understand how this works now"
>get one golden trade seal
>need 220 for boat part

This is the beginning of the rabbit hole, isn't it? This is the moment where spreadsheets and worker empires and spending weeks afk processing starts.

sounds cliche but it really is where the fun begins
i maxed all crafting/gathering jobs in ffxiv, own a mansion, FC, and am sitting on 400mil gil but it never scratched my fantasy monopoly itch as much as this game does

Qt

How do I make an ahoge so I can make the most weeb looking character in the game?

Yeah I really get that. XIV's crafting and gathering was interesting on its own and really reminded me of Engineering in WoW where you had to make parts for more parts, then the end craft. The necessity for shards and the user-generated market is fucking cancer, though, because you'll sometimes have players with iron grips on a certain market or retards that come in and undercut each other to crashing that market for weeks.

BDO's "crafting" and gathering is much more hands-on, even with workers going around the clock since it feels like you have more control over the process through micromanaging rather than relying on other players to not be idiots when pricing their items on the market boards.

Will this game help my depression?
Or will I get depressed?
I’m at the end of my rope and I just want to obsess over an mmo like how I used to, I remember I was very happy back then playing ragnarok online.
I quitted my job and am gonna spent the last of my days playing an mmo.

Just find a premade that makes cat ears out of the hair to see how they do it, you should be able to figure it out from there.

Because it's the only feminine looking race in this busted game.
C U T E

I cant tell you if it will help your depression or make it worse, but it's definitely the kind of MMO to obsess over and give you thinks to do

I've honestly had more troubles making a tamer that I'm happy with than most other classes, which is unfortunate because I should like the flat/loli class the most.

Hi friend.

It depends on what you want to get out of this game. There is a lot to offer. You can take a boat out and go sailing. You can fish. You can ride your horse around. You can buy houses and furnish them. You can level up and grind mobs. You can kill people. You can farm. You can kill beasts and skin their hides. You can process, cook, etc. The environment is beautiful; I hope your PC can run it on decent settings so you can see how the world changes during the day/night cycles and the in-betweens. Personally, I enjoy horse riding, house furnishing, and fishing on my boat out in the ocean as the sun sets.

I hope you do not kill yourself. You seem like a good person and the world is short on those. If you would like a trial of the game, just ask here. I'm sure someone has a code you can use. If they don't, just give me a moment and I can give you one.

user you sound like a nice person and now I want to visit your house and sit on your boat watching you fish as the sun sets

Are there any outfits where the stockings are tied to the shoes? Im trying to find something for the christmas outfit, but Tamer has absolute garbage options for stockings.

I think the furry outfit for tamer

You probably already have.

I most definitely haven't, I'm shy and haven't done anything with any /bdog/ anons, aside from a friend I knew before I guess.

BEHOLD

Doesnt look like they do, I guess the outfits are fine without stockings. Im trying to sort out what to buy before my coupons expire, im still not sure if I like Kibelius because Noel kind of fills the same role, maybe Vixen is a better choice. Are there any vital things that im missing in this list besides inventory slots?

hey babe post some more thigg ranger

Well if you're around Velia on the Calpheon 2 server, that is where I hang out most. I am not online now, but if you ever see a short tamer with short hair running around in red armor and sandals, that is me.

I thought the coupons already expired

Vixen is a really nice costume in my opinion, meanwhile I'd be wary of Kibelius mostly because I purchased it too after thinking it looked nice in store but its kinda way too lewd for me

Hmm I'll keep that in mind some time. I'm not usually on the Calph servers but I might have to stop by

I ALREADY HAVE THIS ONE
POST A NEW ONE

People say it's an ERP server but I just go there because it's where my old guild used to hang out before they all quit. Also there are lots of people to watch, especially in Heidel.

do your best, everyone

I don't even avoid it because of its reputation as an ERP server it just sounds crowded and I like to find the quietest channels possible so I can just hide from everyone else

OOF those milkers

I dunno user, ive had these since I bought the game.
The Noel and Kibelius fill in the lewd category for when I want to do that so thats why I was considering Vixen. The underwear doesnt have much use unless I get Kibelius though.

I took a picture of that tamer a while back for my slut collection.

fat tamer bronks

UHHH THICCER

Not him but same. Someone just invited me to a guild for the first time, no conversation beforehand, and I panicked and just shut everything down to go watch a movie instead. Spam invited for zerg guilds is normal in MMOs but this is the first time in over a month that anyone's tried to talk to me and it's so fucking weird.

You should join a guild user, there's a decent bit to gain from it, but yes people are scary and finding a guild is even scarier, and I've never been random invited in BDO before but that would be awful

what is it like to be CC'd btw?

Only qt character i've seen posted in any bdog so far

>btw
who are you replying to

Why do you go over the cap? Even with ignore you're over the cap

and then you got grabbed like a bitch

you're still going to get grabbed a lot, I'm guessing you don't participate in nodewars if you're biggest worry is being knocked down

I fucking love BDO, there's no greater feeling to me in this game than stumbling into an area I've never been to before, or noticing a small detail

Like what

I fucking love BDO
No better feeling then wasting months grinding only to lose progress since all my enchants failed

Guess I should have played better

Earlier today I noticed there's a dead dragon in the Primal Giants Post, which I've been to a few times before but never actually noticed that

About 30 minutes ago I went into the Omar Lava Cave to get knowledge on the stuff there and I had never been there before so that was a neat experience.

And just before making that post I stumbled into the Inn at Tarif. I don't know how I missed it before, other than it being a rather innocuous looking building and you have to run into the door to see inside, but suddenly finding it after being to Tarif tons of times before and never knowing it was there was a pretty cool feeling.

I like the doors in Valencia. Like this one.

Heh I don't think I've run into that door before, but now i'm going to have to look for it

Or this one.

Or this one!

Korean spaghetti quality!

>no way to know if you like a class until you hit awakening and try it out with its full skillset
>think to myself that sucks it probably takes forever
>start doing it, its actually going crazy fast and its pretty comfy
>finally get to level 50 on my valkyrie
>experience gain falls off of an actual cliff
>takes as long to go from 50-51 as it did to go from 1-50
Why did they do this? If the game actually starts at awakening why not make the exp slow down at 56 and not 50
I unironically wanted to level multiple jobs to 56 since it was going pretty fast but now itai

You really like opening doors

You should see him when he's in the mood for anal.

The exp does slow down at 56 not 50. I mean yeah, it does get moderately slower 50-56 but its not that bad. You need to get out of the mindset of it being an awful grind (even if it is a grind, the mindset is something everyone needs to break through) and just play some music in the background while losing yourself to a mindless rotation. It really doesn't take long for 50-56, like if you're on exp servers and make good use of exp buffs and have good enough gear you can do it in about 2~ hours easily. I myself leveled every class to 56, some higher, and it does take a bit of a time investment but its really not as bad as you currently think. It's just that 1-50 is so easy now its hard to think of the game as a true grind game during those levels, so 50+ hits hard for some people. 56 and especially the levels beyond will hit much harder

I-I will have to pass on that one, I don't think my characters are ready to have their doors opened

50 was the soft cap back in the day. Awakenings were supposed to be an endgame thingie. Then they gradually reduced XP requirements to the point that you can go from 1-50 in an hour now, and awakenings are for everyone. It's not really inuitive anymore.

the game was better before they added awakenings

Is my gear just super shitty then? It took me about 4 hours to get to 51 with a combination of grinding and questing
Doing the entire 50-56 in 2 hours sounds unheard of from my experiences so far

First of all questing is awful for exp so while questing can be useful don't expect to get much exp out of it.

More importantly though, where were you leveling at? It might be tough for your gear depending on how it is but you want to be hunting in the Mediah territory preferably which is east of Heidel. Helms, Manes are good spots you should be able to easily find on your map, but again they might be a bit tough for you. If they are you could go to the abandoned mine further southeast.

Prioritize killing things fast rather than killing more difficult monsters because you're probably already aware but if not, exp per mob increases pretty steady rather than multiplicatively, so just being efficient in killing lots of monsters fast will level you up faster. To this end if Mediah stuff is too hard for you then you can just go to Catfish or surrounding areas though you won't level super fast there. Anyway, just find a place that works for you, ignore quests for exp.

How are you grinding? Do you spend an eternity on one group or do you kill it quick and move onto the next thing?

Why is maewha so fucking hard to customize

I have the same problem too, since I hit 50 ive gained 1 and a half levels in about 6.5 hours. I think I have something like 80ap, but I dont see how I get more when all my enhancements fail.

Do I just have to suck it up and drop all the money I got while leveling into stones and then use one of those Ultimate Reform stones once I get to +15?

So would it be better to just take a step back to the area with monsters I can slaughter (the catfish you mentioned was one) and ignore what the quest/spirit tells me to go to?

My favorite is this door, in heidel

They seem to have really slacked off with witch, maewha, and kuno, they all have flat gook faces, their sliders are shit and their textures look like plastic.

How do i get my hands on this one to breed/get breeded by?

>no big booty woman will ever force you onto all fours and plunge her cock deep in your ass

Yes slaughtering is important for grind speed, and for making money faster too which will help you get better gear to do this stuff faster altogether.

You can do a bit of black spirit quests if you want but just know it's not for speed leveling whatsoever.

Also, one good thing about catfish is you can get some accessory drops there which will immediately boost your gear a bit. There's an even better set of jewelry that you will absolutely want eventually from mediah mobs but if you can't kill stuff in mediah fast then catfish is the next best choice as it's fast, easy and drops the lesser accessory set. The other areas around catfish also drop other parts of it. I'd provide links to all this but I'm about to sleep, look up "treant's spirit" for the accessories at catfish and "asula" for the ones you can get in mediah. Those will boost your gear a lot while grinding in the areas they drop.

NA or EU?

NA

EU

kys you ugly faggot

be nice whyfu

*laughing witch noises*

For real, though, the hardest part about fucking around with witch faces in CC is getting the jaw to be something not round or overly heart-shaped. There's this bullshit slider right under the ear you can mess with that really does help, but you've got to constantly fiddle with the rest of the sliders so that they fit the new dimensions you're trying to build.

Also the thing with the eyebrow

Aw man I spent like half an hour staring at the eyebrows and wondering why I kept fucking things up and why everything ever was such bullshit.

post cute tamers

anyone want to erp with an NA tamer?

Video games

80 is actually where my AP is at exactly, so we're in the same boat. I'm new to the game though so I have no idea how to get better stuff other than what's been thrown at me through quests.

It kind of depends on the group/mob to be honest. I try to be quick and go from mob/group to mob/group but sometimes they are very resilient, other times (like the catfish) they drop like flies.

Thanks senpai I'll check out the mediah area. I might just not have been there yet or I'm not remembering it so I'll have a look when I get back on and hopefully get some drops

You book an appointment, silly

Awakening has good and bad parts to it. Some classes lost their identity and some got one with mirror classes having more of a difference than one move.

Post her.

Fag

black desert online is like runescape but with better graphics