Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/V5rGFjKu

bullet!

is a slut

Will BBCTB have shadow versions of every character?

play kolin

I hate both of you, I'd wish bad things upon you but I don't imagine your lives would get any worse.

SFV is so fucking hard man

imagine waiting every new thread to post the picture of a low tier blazblue character

is cute!

>get an opponent in sfv
>announcer says "rise up" sounding like shes about to hurl
>match is disgustingly laggy

what

Seems like a miserable existence to me.

imagine how soft she is bros...

playmerk

SFV is shit, a lot of cheap stuff

>kappa

wish i was rashid bros...

kek

*goobs*

If you were to rate GG 10/10 in difficulty where do you think DBFZ would be?

No, because they obviously aren't interested in adding good characters to the game.

6/10

probably around 4/10 based on the evo build

was that quote only recently added? i don't think i've ever heard it before and it sounded weird

In an interview they said that dbfz was made with controller in mind so that will go a long way for new players.

>just started getting akuma cr.mp, st.mk xx L tatsu into my muscle memory
>mfw trying to incorporate v-skill kick xx demon flip as well
I'm so bad

>ST has touch of death
>A3 has touch of death
>Turd Strike has touch of death

>Vappa complains about there being too much damage in jive

CUMMY!!

I think I've heard it before. Wish you had a clip of it though.

I need you sakura

Man, Guilty Gear is boring as fuck to spectate. I tried to watch the GG match going on in Joniosan stream right now and it's just not doing it for me. I like watching SFV and BB better.

It's weird. It's faster-paced than SFV but at the same time somehow feels slower and sluggish for me. I don't know how to put my finger on it.

Where do you live? Do you want to play a few games right now?

in retrospect people will see that jive was one of the most unfairly criticized fighting game

It's the hitstop. Wasn't like that before. It now has the old issue blazblue had.

i agree gg and tekken are very boring to watch for me and it's a shame because they have high quality commentators

I'm currently out, but if you're west coast i would be down to play any time

ToD in those games require specific setups, characters, meter, spacing, etc tho.

SFV is literally just face roll buttons and kill people in 2 hits.

its the same hitstop
the real difference is widescreen

Aris and Obama are too good for Tekken and GG. At least Obama commentates SFV but man, I would like Aris to commentate SFV.

I'M MAD
MAD AT JIVE

>japanese: left, english: right

Ah I see. So when are you going to collect $200k for free from Capcom?

This is a really dumb post for many reasons.

Play me in injustice 2

It doesn't seem like any SFV commentators actually play SFV, at least not regularly. I know Tyrant is master rank.

Is that official

Yes look up Black Lois Lane.

That's fucking disgusting. A human with a goddamn alien? Not in my America.

>ToD in those games require specific setups, characters, meter, spacing, etc tho.
not bison in ST, he can do it off a forward jump in and you lose the round

Right and you dont need spacing or setups to land a forward jumping attack with bison in ST

Get fucking real

Can you throw tech if you're negative?

Check out the new Kolin skin they are adding

No? He hits you with jumping roundhouse and combos it into 5lk 2mk xx scissors, you get stunned and die.

Now if you were talking about the crossup combo with the 3 shorts, yes, that requires some execution to do.

whats the equivalent of 2k pp on JIVE

I saw a tutorial on YouTube and the guy says that if you get blocked while they're standing it's -2 but if they're crouch blocking its 0. How does that work? I thought a block is a block. Why does crouching make it 0 instead of - 2?

if the attack goes in an arc you will block the attack later into its frames and give up frame advantage

Yeah man you see bisons landing that raw jumping RH all the time, im so sick of watching ST tournies with nothing but bison in top 8 doing nothing but jump in ToD combos.....

>guy whiffs command throw
>throw him back

I like the looks of season 3. I liked 1 but 2 was kinda eh imo. Not bad but not very exciting

probably hits with a later active frame when they're crouching and gets more frame advantage like it's a meaty.

you do, watch riz0ne

FYI I play ST and I don't even like SFV, I just felt like adding that.

If an attacks hits later in its active frames then it'll give the attacker more frame advantage than usual. For example when a move that is -2 hits on its 3rd active frame it becomes 0, as the block occurs 2 frames later into the move

s1 was fucking garbage and 8f of input lag made it even worse

>>>/vappa/

Remember to practice your sniffsies

Is it impossible to zone akuma with guile? All he has to do is the flame fireball and I'm fucked.

ok lets go

Tfw too late to get into gg and bb

Post room ID on ps4

You can always go Discord begging

it's only too late if you never play

i dont know how to do that

anyone us east gg Tekken 7 SFV or MvCI on ps4? I'm not good at anything but I'd like to have fun.

BASED

yun was a mistake

Then how are we going to play

Is WW black in this or just poorly drawn? Why does she have dreads

I tried for about 300 hours but that game is just too hard man

she is from a earth where everybody is black

>first fighting game i ever played was 2hu 7.5 a long time ago
>had no clue what i was doing but it was still tons of fun
>come back to it after poopsocking jive
>realize it's utter and complete garbage
>no normal links
>no crossup buttons
>it's all just spell card memes
i feel pretty bad right now. i wish there were a good 2hu fighting game

Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, MvC and MK have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.

Why are random Japanese arcade players better than the best NA GG players?

I really like the idea of a black wonder woman but it's poorly drawn here

Skilled NA players are too smart to waste their time with GG.

lots of parts of injustice is poorly drawn

the arcade scene in japan is anything but casual, really. it's the console/home gaming scene which is casual, traditionally arcades are where the strongest players have gathered. considering japan is the nexus of anime games, it's not really surprising that there are a bunch of arcade players who are amazing at the game, having had the opportunity to play against and learn from many of the best players around.

Dude, I feel you
Also, v-skill kick into light tatsu hard tatsu for sideswitching

throw vskill booms

>watch some street fighter
>it's akuma/ken/necalli/urien/guile/etc
>watch some goober
>it's raven/johny/sol/leo/faust/etc
>watch some marvel
>it's donte/ultron/venom/captain america/jedah/etc
>fine I'll even watch some shitty tekken
>it's some bland looking dudes juggling each other

ENOUGH

Give me a game where sniffs consistently make top 8's

arcana, skullgirls

arcana fart

you could try Hisoutensoku or AoCF

that applies to any arcade game basically, not just GG.

people like pepeday, aiai and ojisanboy came up from the arcades and could beat any NA player's ass. especially ojisan who used to perfect people like tokido nemo and bonchan. imagine how different the sfv scene would be if sfv had an arcade release and arcade loyalist people like koji, etc didn't stop playing

>ken
>top 8

skullgirls
also cammy, karin etc make top 8's, come on

The Hori Fight Commander has the worst fucking Dpad in history. Why the fuck is this thing so stiff? How long does it take to break this fucking piece of shit in?

What the shit are you talking about. People like pepeday and Aiai could come in and do some damage, sure. But they were never, ever any tournament favorites and it's typically still the big name pro players that traveled alot taking home the big prizes.

>momochi not making top 8's

btfo

tell me one (1) NA player who has managed to beat pepeday or aiai when they travelled out

they only lost to japanese players or infiltration