/assg/ - Asymmetrical Slasher Series General

Stealth is King.

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
In development. Class based with weaker killers. Beta Delayed yet again.
lastyearthegame.com

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1480982338946530500

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/index

Which one, /assg/?

Laurie!

Begone fag

Quentin Smith

The way they drew the bandages makes it look like booty shorts

Booty short cosmetic for all killers when?

Ruin should only trigger shitty skill checks 30 percent of the time. It's so fucking OP

Just gen-tap.

>tap it
>skill check goes off as you let go
Which is fine, but they need some fucking contingency for when you're not tapping and that happens, like if you've been working on it for like 10 seconds make it to where that doesn't happen.

Tap it to the point you hear your character make the "repair" noise then let go. Repeat. You will never trigger a working skill check this way even if you hear the alert.

Just bring your face close to the screen and hit the great skillchecks you total scrublords, you'll even get more points that way. Jesus.

What is the repair noise, is it something beyond just the tinkering noise?

Give me tips on how not to be a shit nurse

Please

Go back in time and practice when you could use a bug to look up while stunned so you don't lose track of survivors after blinking two feet in the corn.

Also don't use any of her addons, they'll throw off your timing.

Most importantly, keep at it and don't let yourself get too frustrated, her auto aim can hurt you just as much as it can help you.
Keep at it user.

>Not just spawning with the totem in your direct line of sight at the start of the game

How did you even hit rank 1, user?

Am I wrong for finding ruin to be shit?

Has this happened to anyone else? Every hook except the basements were missing and the hatch never spawned. Thankfully the survivors caught on right away and we had a nice basement farming party.

I haven't played since Freddy launched and made playing the game insufferable for me, have the amount of Freddy players dropped yet, do you run into him often?

It's the best perk at slowing down the game. Potentially. Most survivors will chimp out and stop doing everything to find the totem and if that delays the game by even 30 seconds to a minute that's honestly pretty valuable. It's just that 99% of the time survivors spawn on it, or it's right next to a generator or the only fucking landmark on the map.

Hasn't happened to me, but I have see it happen to other people.

Ruin is a fucking band-aid on the game, the same way bloodlust is. They're not even very effective. I'm sure Ruin will be nerfed in the future after some balance changes, and honestly I can't say that I'll miss it.

>playing a match against leatherface
>2 people dead
>find a key and start looking for the hatch
>find Claudette
>drop key to show it to her incase she knows where the hatch is
>my character sinks into the ground
>Leatherface rounds and corner and sees me because I'm out in the open
>chainsaw to the face while I can't so much as move

What the fuck do the QA testers even do all day?

This games programing is more deadly than any killer could be.

Question. Does insidious work with huntress? I'm not sure if I'm playing the fool sitting there while I'm still humming the tune.

It only affects heartbeat, not breathing and songs.

Well do I feel sheepish.

Is it 20m circle of silence inside of song circle, or is it just a huge song circle?

I can't tell you that, I don't think I've ever been that close to an Insidious Huntress before as survivor. You can test it in KYF.

I watched a bit of Jendenise stream because someone once said that they were a good survivor. I think she's all survivor whininess personified.
>ugggh my teammateees
>ugggh I hate this person as killer
>ugggh why is this killer using this add-on
>uggh why is there devour hooope
complete with insulting people post game

I mean I heard that she's cute, but she isn't even streaming with the camera on, so I don't get it.

Yeah, this game is pretty riddled with issues.
Used to be even worse with the old map tile system.

If you ran over the seam where two map tiles connected there was a good chance you'd get fetched up, almost like you hit a speed bump.

At least you didn't get a disconnecting Dwight stuck to your waist

I had a Dwight stuck in the bast of a tree on Shelter Woods days ago, I thought that these sinkholes were all fixed after a year. MM used him to farm up to 99% and just let him sit there until he was the last survivor.

>killers keep dodging

JUST PLAY THE GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEE

the problem is that if you get one pink dwight with shades in the lobby that insists on bringing flashlight, the killer will dodge because he knows he'll act like a faggot.

Does anyone here play on PS4?
Is the game fun and alive on there?

They're certainly less common than they used to be, but on the flipside, I find people getting stuck inside of things way more common now.

Especially trees.

People are usually pretty good about it when they realize, but it's always a little frustrating when they don't care.

don't try to land right on top of them with the first blink unless it's a close quarters one (like over a pallet). use it to close the distance and get the hit on the 2nd blink. obviously take the hit IF you land in range on the first, but don't stress out about getting it like that

It's fun, and I have never had much of a problem finding games.

It's probably a bit less toxic than PC too, without any post-game chat for people to hurl insults at you.

give me your best trapper builds and tips please

I play Whispers/Agi/Enduring/Nurse's. I'm not sure it's the very best for him, but they're solid perks. Nurse's I find useful because even when they succesfully escape on first or second try they don't move far to heal. Add-ons are always faster trap setting/+traps.

>boot up DbD
>see I have a daily for Bill to open 1 door
>load into lobby
>say I'm bringing streamers, two other people say they will as well
>loading screen
>ESCAPED
>I'm now default Dwight, running across a completely blank screen
>have to kill process to close the game

What the fuck.

Best boy!

Few play him becausd he's shit. At most you'll see him in low ranks. I play him too but that's just because I'm a memester.

To be fair, these are the same devs that "buffed" Wraith, said Freddy is in a "good spot", and can't get any higher than rank 10. I can't trust them on knowing much of their own game desu

I actually see him in higher ranks every now and then, he's not that rare. More often than Wraith or Hag for sure.

This game is still a mess even if it's in a much better state
>getting stuck in join lobby
>reboot
>crash report
>start again
>get into a lobby
>infinite loading screen
>kill game and try again
>get into a game after 10 minutes

Sometimes you forget completely how this game can be because you see no problems for a week and then it'll start falling apart.

Well it's Blood Hunt and he's still good for point farming, so he'll see more play in these days.

Huge song circle, you mong.

>get to rank 10 again
>finally
>get this match in Springwood

I want to be rank 15 again.

This is fair.

Totems are great and well thought out addition to the game.

I play at rank 1 survivor and never really have trouble finding games.

The last patch upped performance a bit too. Just don't expect to be able to play nurse or huntress. There are some people who manage but in my many hours I've only been killed by a nurse/huntress a handful of times. They have abysmal frame drops when you use their abilities.

Is red and puple ranks exclusively Huntress? I'm going to start to derank.

It's also Billy and Nurse.

Would you rather them be well hidden especially in maps like swamp or hospital?

Yes, then I'd actually want to use them on my killers.

It's no fun for anyone to be down a perk 15 seconds into a match.

High risk, high reward ;)

I wish I met some. I played a couple hours a day since double BP and I met maybe 5 Billues and one Freddy in the sea of P3 Huntresses.

It's not a perk that enhances your playstyle in any way, it's just a stalling perk.

>he thinks Ruin is useful for anything other than stalling

No actually. I see way more Billy. Nurse is a threat too; if you see a prestiged nurse at high ranks you're going out get destroyed very fast.

Weirdly I've seen a lot of Wraith and Freddy at high ranks. Even more than Huntress.

:^)

It's not.

I want to meme with Devour Hope.

>Try to chase claud
>She lags away every single time
>No other survivor has this issue
>Call her out postgame
>Tries to insist it must be on my end
Why is peer-to-peer even a thing

>a few years ago
>brother was 25 years old
>plays lots of csgo
>remember how he can't stop yelling or making noise
Reminder that the people that play Dbd actually get mad in real life too

>"I'm sorry, user, I tried saving, but this Freddy is so tunneling :("
says the Meg that rushed in every hook because Freddy can't stop it

>unhook next to me
>attack injured guy
>lol wtf tunneler
???

Don't lewd dwight, you degenerate.

>not lewding the canon pure boy

I forgot to record it but outside of one of the buildings there is an area where the killer can't pass and it pretty much makes survivors untouchable if they simply run around in circles, it's not exactly an infinite but it can be exploited.
I wonder how much was that shitty map tested.

Just got a new monitor, never realized that Feng's shirt has an animation on it (the white smoke coming from the laser bear's visor shimmers/moves to the left).

Why pay for servers when people can do it for you?

That's cool, I've never seen that before. I main Feng but I always wear the other shirt because I enjoy the janky animation.

>Fractured cowshed jungle gym still exists
fuck me

>autohaven shit
>hook guy on the basement
>leave
>see 2 guys hidding in the jungle gym
yeah I ain't leaving nigga.

Nope, just whatever little clonking/twisty noise your character makes as they repair. I've had the skillcheck alert noise appear but never an actual check come up when I do that.

Dwight has always been the go-to bitch boy of DBD. At least until Quentin showed up.

>Don't lewd dwight, you degenerate
But he makes it so easy!

I need more Trapper x Dwight.

I really have to start dodging.

>that poor innocent r20 dragged into the game by his shitter friends

>Whiff one or two chainsaws as LF
>Still 3sac because Nea couldn't leave well enough alone once the gates were powered
>Person sacced waaaay at the start stays to say I suck at chainsawing complete with all caps
Are survivors okay? Do they have brain damage?

Oh wait, I just actually paid attention to the perks.

Nevermind.

GUYS
I'M ABOUT TO FIX TOTEMS
>all totems gain notification even without Thrill of the Hunt
>Thrill of the Hunt increases totem cleansing time even more
>totems get skill checks that apply some negative effect on failure depending on the perk
>killers can see which totem goes with which perk

>legacy guys join
>all gens done in 5 minutes
>we all leave with 11-13k points
sick game

>>all totems gain notification even without Thrill of the Hunt
Sorry, I meant all HEX totems

argies are somehow worse than hues

He's right, lewd Quentin instead.

>playing a match
>going very poorly
>fellow survivors constantly being found and downed quickly
>nothing really seems to get done
>poor saves
>running in straight lines
>sprinting all of the time
>2 of them die
>I linger a few minutes more and eventually die as well
>remaining Jake complete with metashitter load out escapes via the hatch
>completely chimps out in post game chat at the two that died early on
>"wow you're fucking useless and terrible, shit at the game etc."
>they each only have one perk
>rank 20
>jake, the killer and I are all rank 4
>good job match making!
>one of them responds with a single " :( " and says nothing more
>check the profile of the one who responded
>2.3 hours on record

That actually made me feel pretty bad.

BBQ+C/Agi/Iron Grasp/Insidious
I can either camp or go find other survivors. It’s been working out surprisingly well so far.
Always try to take a bag, 1 trap at a time is horseshit. Diamond stones are less rare than you think, since they’re his only ultra-rare addon, so don’t be afraid to use em.
Finally, a couple tips that work out. Note that these will all only work out lower rank, trapper is not very decent at high rank.
>leave pallets up sometimes post chase & trap the other side
>trap potential looping spots, & not just directly around the pallet. Survivors hug around the loop so be sneaky with location
>trap windows
>if theres a lot of grass around a dull totem, 1 trap won’t hurt near it. You may catch someone by surprise.

If you’re still having a hard time with trapper, consider bringing along NOED.

See, this is why we can't have nice things. If you get into the game to get points, then don't be a dick with your flashlights and teabagging at every dropped pallet.

why is camping so fun

That woman is a treasure.

I legitimately don't understand pallet tbagging
Like what are you trying to communicate

I find it incredibly boring. But at the same time I guess it secures a kill if you're really doing poorly.

>party streamer
>dc'ing

trying to get the killer to hyperfocus on them, they're the bait. it works well.

Some people really want to send the message that they're angery.

What's a good perk loadout for Huntress?