/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

AWOOOOOOOOOOOO: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 22: Unused dialogue - docdroid.net/Pxn7IHL/bloodborne-script-formatted.pdf
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/cC7ZjJR.png

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/cADBY6T.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early T3 runes/wheel/chikage/burial blade)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/WJXCN0Y.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

This is Micolash General

PURGE FILTH

>bbg has cliques and popularity contests
Gay

i love micolash! he is my husband!!

Isn't that just the rosamarius?
Sadly.
>no holy blasting cannon
>no gun that's just a glorified hunter's tool which mimics the amydala explosion beams

Back off bitch, he's mine.

So if I decide to go full tricked with the WHEEL, isn't it actually better to arc gem it?

>plan on wearing charred hunter set with the old hunter cap on my kegger character
>character's ponytail clips through both the hat and the collar

How autistic would it be if I started over with a different hairstyle because of this?

Micolash belongs to no one, no one can catch him.

>foreign garb cape has awful clipping on males
>gloves that look good with it also have awful clipping on most animations
>nothing can be done about it
This is the fate we live with, hunter.

I'm about to start that year-end BL4 "no death" run I spoke of some time ago.

I'll be streaming it in order to record it should something good come out of it.

If you've got nothing better to do, twitch dot tv/phresko

Whenever I play female, I just avoid using shit like the Knight's Set altogether, because the long hair on female characters always clips through the neck part of the set. I generally just avoid most sets with collars, because the clipping is utterly hideous.

And no, I don't want short hair on my females. The body of the female character looks too masculine enough as it is, and giving them short hair would make them look like post-op transgender people. Not that there's anything wrong with transgender people, it's just that I want my waifu to look feminine.

>Knight's Set

No, its still split Blunt/Arcane when tricked. Use Nourishings, unless you have low Arc then Flat Arc gems might be better especially for multi-hits

I wish I went with the short hair option now, both because of the clipping and the fact that I'm using the whirligig saw and every time I switch to tricked mode all that I end up thinking of is my character's hair getting caught in the saw and her scalp being torn off.

My hunter also has the long hair option for males as I love how it looks, but I do get clipping and it's very distracting

Does flat arc stay flat in tricked? Or does it also 4x?

You mean when you rev the Wheel? It might get multiplied from revs but I'm not sure. If you're doing something like 25/50 I'd stick with Nourishings, since it's better for the full moveset.

Why don't you do the general a favor and quit shitting it up with your retarded purge filth posts? Better yet, replace it with purge waifuniggers because that's what this general need

Why don't we purge spongebob-kun?

I missed you Eggnog

Why don't you quit being a white knight nigger and realize that I'm bettering this general? I'm doing what you can't and that is calling out the filth that is destroying my home.

You fucking wish I was that faggot, don't you? It would be a sweet irony

All you're doing is shitting up the general, my boy. No one cares if you cosplay a character or not.

That wouldn't be a favour at all user

>Skull of a local from the violated fishing village. The inside of the skull was forcibly searched for eyes, as evidenced by innumerable scratches and indentations.
Did they find eyes in there or not?

>t-they're doing nothing wrong!

Want to know how I know you're a leftist faggot? That's the exac same response and look at Germany now, flooded with rapefugees

If you were purging sandniggers I'd be supporting you, my man. Okay, that's the last (you) get from me.

>have always just cheesed Djura by shooting him off the ledge at the start before he can react
>decide to fight him legit for once
>he dodges over the edge five seconds into the fight

What actually triggers the part in the Shadows of Yharnam fight where they begin to summon snakes from the ground?

Does it happen when you kill them in a particular order? Does it happen when all of them are still alive when you get them down a certain threshold? What exactly causes it?

once one of them is on lowhealth i think

Their transformations happen when the total health of all 3 healthbars hit 75% and then around 20% so it is possible to get to stage 3 with all shadows still alive by intentionally leaving them on low health.

reminder that djura is the most sane person in bloodborne

best level for PVP? i keep reading 120 and i just want more insight. already played it twice amd i'd love to get summoned, so i'm starting a new character

When there's only one of them left they start to summon those big black dicks out of the ground. The second phase where they grow snake tentacles happens from total damage done to them I think so it's your best interest to focus on killing one of them off in the first phase and when there's only two left, do damage to them sort of equally to prevent the big black dicks from being spawned.

Why don't you do the same and jump off the ledge, waifunigger?

80-120, our meta is 98

Got it.

So just to reiterate:

Step 1: Kill only one of them. Don't touch the other two.
Step 2: Slowly drain the health of the remaining two. Don't focus on one of them, but focus on both of them.

Is there a preferred order for killing them off? Which of the three should I kill first?

off topic but does anyone have that image of this vlad tepes lookin dude holding a katana in his mom's house. I can't find it.

If you leave the caster for last, you can catch him in a pattern of hitting him, walking forward as he dashes away, then hitting him again. He doesn't even get to summon the snake.

Why is it 98 though? Why not 100 to round up numbers? Or just why not 120 like every other souls games?

Do the arrows from Simon's Bowblade deal conceivably useful damage on a pure skill build with just 10 bloodtinge, with full 27.2% temperings? Or is the second form just worthless without a lot of investment?

He wished to join the beasts he loved so much.

Avoids Reddit 150s, and can invade 80s. BB doesn't really need much stats since End barely matters and there's less stats overall. You could go to 120, but most of us here don't. Outside of here though 120 seems to be the common meta

98 prevents connecting with the worst meta, 150. 120 is fine but enables blt/arc and 50/50 str/skill cancer builds, so that coupled with end not being needed much converges in our 98 meta.

The arrows are bloodtinge-based. Invest.
It is worth it, especially when used with the Chikage.

Cool. I'll try it out. I always kill the sword guy first, because his extending rubbery sword attacks are so fucking annoying with how much range they have.

The caster is annoying but the pillar on the right side of the arena just negates everything he does.

>why not 120
Less stats, and with endurance not being tied to equip load it's much more of a luxury stat.

How do I make the Beast Cutter fun against bosses?

Its tricked mode is just too fucking slow.

>beast cutter
>fun

Git guder, relax and have fun regardless of how shitty your weapon is, or stop trying to make a shit weapon good.

>beat Ebi with axe
That or Ludwig's blade are the only good things for it, over head swing

Because they're scared of getting their shit kicked in by Reddit

Play patiently and learn to have fun with the backstep r2

>beast cutter
>not fun

I'm not getting killed or anything like that, it's just that this weapon has so few safe moves. And it's just a pain dealing with the long DaS2 tier recovery frames.
Alright, I'll try that. I'm trying to fight Bloodletting Beast.

How to get the materials for ailing loran?

>Beast Cutter vs Bloodletting Beast

Read the OP

The backstep r2 is gimmicky by virtue of being a backstep attack but I'm fairly sure it has the longest range of any non-projectile attack in the game. Also, the tricked r2 combo pancakes and does great damage. Be sure to make use of the rolling and running r1s, they're the fastest attacks it has by far if I recall correctly

So, how's the Church Pick? Kinda curious how good it can be.

It's really good

It's one of the few weapons that almost everyone agrees is objectively fantastic

Great, but not stylish. So people just quietly accept it and use it in PvP, but not much in spelunking and PvE because it ugly. Apparently.

>didn't talk to Eileen in the Cathedral Ward before entering Forbidden Woods

Is that me fucked out of her questline now?

soz m8 its fucked if you dont help her kill that hunter in the tomb of oedon before going into the woods she later becomes your enemy in the grand cathedral

>not stylish
>it ugly

Shit. I thought I was safe putting it off till Rom.

God damn I love this weapon and the lore behind it so much. At level 66 with only some +75 arc gems the L2 can one shot most other people who are not only my level but a few levels above me.

The only issue is when I am using the non transformed bare hand move set it is so difficult to confirm the kill. My enemy often just runs away and heals a ridiculous amount. Sometimes I actually get them to use all 20 vials before getting to kill them.

Anyone have any tips for confirming the kill with barehand moveset?

>two supermoons occuring in january
>supposed to be 14% bigger and 30% brighter than a regular moon

can we hold a super moon themed fight club on these two nights to celebrate?

>ugly
It's pure fucking form what are you talking about?

There's a blue moon and a blood moon (lunar eclipse) too iirc

>fire convert boom hammer
Will it go boom well? Should I go for the lost version?

The only time I'll celebrate is when we're rid of the waifuniggers for good

>No imgur file name
Gay

boom is literally always better with nourishings or blunts

Parry their heals

You can't convert it, adding fire gems will only improve the fire but you'll want Nourishings since it's split Blunt/Fire

I dont use guns with kos parasite it would ruin the theme of my abomination type build.

>parrying with guns
What are you, a pleb?

Try augur, won't be easy but it fits

Let's settle this.

What is the most FUN weapon?

That one weapon.
You know the one I mean.

church cannon

It's difficult as fuck to catch them like that but I will try. They often finish the animation too quickly

Stake dinner

Me

The most fun weapon to play the game with is the beast claws with beast embrace (no guns)
>Fast
>Fun
>Very short and and you are rewarded for keeping that combo up
>Basically enter a berserk state when ever using these things.
>That roar spam

A lot of people never even see these and don't know how to counter them assuming they will win just by spamming r1 with a weapon that deals a lot of damage.

It also surprisingly works well on people who spam heals.

Can I still build Amy Arm efficiently on an Arc build?

try hitting it before the animation

No

Bloodborne is a good g-

Fuck off back to /v/ Egg

:^)

Should I get a $3000 la-z-boy?

No
Get a used recliner instead