/hg/ - Halo General

#386 - The Year in Review Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>Halo 5: Guardians has received a major weapons tuning update that radically changes up the gameplay. This update has gone into effect in all arena playlists, warzone playlists, and even custom games.
For a full list of changes, see the link here: halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/weapon-tuning-update

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/holiday-fixins

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>SPV3, the Halo CE fan remix project, can be downloaded for free
youtube.com/watch?v=VOMzNMe8qHE

>>>Halo News

Pretty decent year overall
Meh Halo year

Beef stroganoff.

Damn. These older /hg/ memes get me a bit choked up.

Wew

halo is FUN

Yeah, when other people PLAY.

PLAY HALO

Me on the left

2 > Reach > 3 > CE > ODST > 5 > 4

If we had to rate by overall package and what you get out of it though

5 > Reach > 3 > 4 > 2 > ODST > CE

3>2>CE>Reach>5>4
ODST is an expansion so I dont count it as a separate game like others, unless its strictly a campaign comparison

Were it so fucking easy.

I fucking hate Isabel and her whiny attitude which then she tries to downplay by pretending to be a badass.
>"Promise you won't leave without me"
>Jerome doesn't say shit
>She gets on with it anyway
Based Jerome

Not today.

Literally 2 people keeping this shit bumped, what the fuck

*3 people

All me

Fuck your shit, I was up until 6:30 this morning keeping the old one bumped.

>Halo Wars 2 Skull guide
>Says to rescue Bravo Base before it's destroyed by The Banished in The Halo
>Do it
>Nothing
>Failed objective for not reuniting UNSC forces
So is that the actual Skull objective? Fucking knew I shouldn't look at an IGN guide.

The retarded captcha makes me not want to bump. Fuck off with that "click verify once there are none left" grid shit, and refreshing for a better test makes captcha think I'm a bot

Buy a pass then

Use text captcha then.

How do you change it then

Do you have 4chanX extension? Use Recaptcha v1

>see this
wat do?

How do I get fastet at HaaH WaaW 2? Playing 3v3 against AI and I'm getting butt rushed by them. They've got shit loads of units just as I'm building up. Had 3 Firebases, trying to get as much energy as possible to level up my main firebase to Tech 2 but then I got swarmed and I'm having to build units and take up the energy before I can upgrade and build better units. How do I git gud?

Watch inner city shitters get glassed

>c'mon user

Requesting a partner for Terminus Firefight to get these last two achievements ironed out

It's all a rythem you become used to.
Watch some vids and try to mimic their build order and then just practice getting that down as fast as possible in offline skirmishes. Maybe time yourself if you need to

Which achievements?

One player has to be banished, oine person has to be human, and we need to hit 2,000,000 points (not hard)

Halo

>other webm somehow increased in size
>now over 3mb limit
Yes, I mad.

bottom of the page, SETTINGS, LEGACY CAPTCHA

AAAAAAAAAAA MOMMY GIVE ME BACK MY DISCORD AAAAAAAAAAA

>red's back
>goes straight to haah waaw

Wow nice

Does co op give you more bases?

Yes, each player gets one. The enemies spawn more though

And stronger.

>there will never, ever be a "preclude wetbacks from my lobby" option

Why even play? "We Halo now gringo jajajajajajaja"

Wow it's almost like there are other languages out there besides enghlish

This is why US servers are the worst. You're all either spics or hooting and hollering retards

Not if I had my way, Juan, or Two, or whichever one you are. I can't wait until Trump solves the shit out of the problem that is you.

Back to We don't want you

agreed and good post. unfortunately they seem to be better at playing halo than """white people""" who don't at all

All Trump is going to do is ensure you have a gay feminist spic female as your next President so enjoy it while it lasts

Who's "we"? Cause I'm fine with him.

You can join him in /pol/. This is a thread for Halo, not bashing nonwhites.

This one's "Halo", and this one's "nonwhites", are one and the same. Your ancestors knew what the wrought. Do not mistake their intent.

I can't wait to be done with Blitz.

epic meme.

I thought it was pretty well memed, myself.

>the banhammer strikes!

Oh no, I can't play this shit game for 10 minutes!

>Trump solves the shit out of
Just stop

>the halo playerbase is not halo
Fuck off.

I used to be ALL about Halo when I was 17/18. We and my friends went to tournaments and did fairly well, hit top 100 ranks in the US on 3 and Reach for Doubles, used to read all the books, etc... After 4 I kinda lost interest and started playing other games.

In your honest opinion, is worth getting back into? I've felt the itch coming back and I really just want to come back and start dominating online again. Not to mention the fun of doing 40+ waves of FF with your buddies is top notch.

So what do you guys think? Is it worth it to go buy One and start playing Halo again?

pic unrelated

>nudity on a blue board

>Using mental gymnastics to try and keep racism in a thread about a game
No, you fuck off

But these "people" degrade the quality of both communication and connection in game. Their presence makes Halo demonstrably worse. Is it not worth mentioning, or should this be the scarab in the room?

>gamechat being laggy spanish and protugeuse is somehow mental gymnastics
>reach and 3 matchmaking being sometimes unplayable because of these peoples' connections is somehow racism

Recently bought Halo 5: Campaign's trash but the multiplayer's pretty fun. Too bad I can only find Slayer/Warzone matches.

Moving goalposts. Connections was never mentioned until now. This started becbecause someone complained about a few people not speaking English. Guess why the mute function exists! It's a non-issue started just to be racist and shit on minorities. Don't act like it's otherwise.

Gonna trigger some nostalgia fags, Reach was nearly as weak as 4.

>someone complained about mexicans
>extrapolates that it's only because of language
>m-moving the goal posts!

That's how you know there's no real argument :)

But no goalposts were moved. The post asked for mexicans to be gone.

Spaniards are really bad as well.

So are those frogs from Canada, come to think of it.

Fuck anyone who isn't American, though Brits get the benefit of the doubt.

American players seem alright. You don't just run over team mates with Ghosts at random.

This seems trageted. But at whom?

Greedy Euro-Fags who can't wait 2 secs to get their reqs.

>wot wot g'day m8 couldn't get past you FAT AMERICAN CUNTS to get me shrimp on the barbie!

Sounds like a eurocuck, alright.

You somehow managed to combine 2 accents.

There are only two accents: American and Other.

If you play with a group of friends, yea.
/hg/ is alright. It helps to post here often.

Trigger warning

Master Chief Collection is alright with friends and all of the 360 Halos are backwards compatible on the Xbox One. Halo 5 wont scratch that itch you don't like 343s direction. Halo 5 just follows the advanced mobility fad and pretty much only focusses on Ranked MLG shitty playlists.
The entire game is built around competitive play, from the map design to the enhanced mobility mechanics. Simply turning them off doesn't fix the problem since the maps are built around them.
If you like competitive multiplayer, you may like 5. That is if the base gameplay actually appeals to you.
There is a 12v12 mememode called Warzone but its just built around using shit you get from lootboxes and its incredibly broken and these days is incredibly frustrating.

Let's play Halo

Which one?

I just got on MCC

Why is Castle Wars so fun

It's not real fun, it's soy fun

>Two sound bros in voice chat shoshooting the shit while queuing
>on the other time
Well time to fuck them up

How the fuck do you tell who is talking? There is no popup in the corner like previous games, it makes finding the squeakers annoying

This meme is bad

It was while searching for players. Their gamertags weren't there, it was just that player found banner and the voice chat popup showing

Suffering

Kek

Just give up. You'll never get them all.

Yeah I hate mid game when someone starts playing music or something, I cant tell who is fucking doing it because it doesn't show in text like it used to and I don't want to mute all

Damn, I need to step up my Haah WaaW game

What are you missing?

Ok nevermind the fact Halo 3 is always picked in BTB but now it's always fucking Standoff. The map is ok at best

YEET ON THEM UNGOIIIS

To each his own
I love standoff

We dem ungoys

Nice dude.
GT?

No thanks. I'm good.