Was he right? Or just butthurt that he couldn't attract a female in modern industrial society?

Was he right? Or just butthurt that he couldn't attract a female in modern industrial society?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2000/06/harvard-and-the-making-of-the-unabomber/378239/
podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/audio4.wnyc.org/radiolab/radiolab090310.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=o6mYuNd6uhY
youtube.com/watch?v=YQ-Upb4Szms
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He suffered from the side effects of being brilliant. Acting socially suffers from being too smart.

He was also right about modern industrial society destroying the soul of men.

/r9k/ before /r9k/.

Also, one does not discredit the other, just because he saw through the world due to his Robot status, doesn't make him wrong

>just because he saw through the world due to his Robot status, doesn't make him wrong

Yes it does.

oh, okay

That's the unabomber, right?

Yes, and he just had a new book published from behind bars.

why don't you fucking look it up, you spoiled shit

Frankly people who are deprived of certain things can become wise, there really is something to the wizard meme (and no before you start, I'm not a virgin myself). What starts out as pure sour grapes morphs into a genuine virtue over time.

Kind of like when poor people who don't have any money start valuing the little things.

How?

>Was he right?
about what? Whatever his point of view his methods were certainly not justified. If you find modern society isolating and want to go live off the grid in the woods then by all means do it. But he had no right to blow people up because he didn't like the machines they were making.

On his point of view that the bombings were unfortunate but necessary to draw attention to his views I most certainly disagree.

Do you think he would have received more attention had he written a book about the effects of industrial society or technology on society?

I think he could have done some great work had he gone through the traditional route and stayed a professor. I'm sure his work would have gotten much attention, especially now with the resurgence of true intellectual movements on the right that go beyond neocon trite.

He was seeking "revenge" because the machines (off-road vehicles, airplanes flying overhead, tourists) invaded his safe space so he chimped out.

Yeah he could have easily been a respected professional critic of technology and modern society but instead took a path that makes everyone think he was just a violent nut.

>took a path that makes everyone think he was just a violent nut
because he was

Not at all. The central argument is that, at this rate, technological expansion will eventually come to control all aspects of human behavior. If this is a world you don't want to live in, you should be anti-technology. That could mean many things. For Ted it means go innawoods

He was definitely onto something, I wonder if he read the Technological Society by Ellul. That is somebody who did scholarly work on the subject without killing people.

He did actually, it was one of the books that heavily influenced his outlook on the world and apparently he even corresponded with Ellul sometime in the 1970s.

Wouldn't surprise me, I'm reading it at the moment and the first thing that popped into my mind was that this sounds like Kaczynski's problems with technology.

What is it with primitvism and murder?

violence is primitive. duh.

Who is that on the lower right?

Zerzan.
He's talked with both Ted and Lanza funnily enough.

Yeah but he never killed anyone. Also what does Lanza have to do with anything? I never heard about a primitivist angle or motivation for the alleged murders he committed.

He was part of a university based CIA behavior control experiment gone wrong.

...And I know that sounds like tinfoil, but in this case, it's actually true:
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2000/06/harvard-and-the-making-of-the-unabomber/378239/

Article including interviews with some of the folks involved:
podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/audio4.wnyc.org/radiolab/radiolab090310.mp3

If he hadn't subjected to that program, he probably woulda grown up to be a pretty boring normal guy.

Lanza was a full-blown primitvist in his worldview.
The reason a lot of information about Lanza (he's a fascinating guy, seriously) isn't that well known is because it was only found later after they restored his harddrive and dug up forum posts.
The motivation for his murders specifically is hotly debated though.

>Adam Lanza and John Zerzan
>not Pentti Linkola and Varg Vikernes

>not Pentti Linkola and Varg Vikernes
Yeah maybe they would have been better.
Not sure if Varg is quite a primitivist though, he certainly has leanings.

>He advocates eugenics, genocide, and abortion as possible means to combat overpopulation. He describes the Stalinist and Nazi massacres as "massive depopulation operations," but ones which have "not overturned our ethical norms".[4]: 132 He has suggested that "the great inhabited centres of the globe" should be attacked with "limited" nuclear strikes or with "bacteriological or chemical" agents by "some trans-national body like the UN or by some small group equipped with sophisticated technology and bearing responsibility for the whole world."[4]: 131-132 Linkola has described humans as "the cancer of the earth",[4]: 155 and he desires that the human population "be reduced to about ten percent of what it is now."[4]: 185

Damn this guy is edgy as fuck 2bh.

and what is his opinion on leading by example?

Nigga you sound like a virgin

Dude literally lives alone in the woods and eats only berries and fish.

so he's greedily guzzling down resources while saying cities should be nuked to conserve them?

Not an argument.

>eating to survive in a completely sustainable and self-sufficient way is "greedy"

>greedily guzzling down resources

It was mainly because he was traumatized by an MKULTRA experiment. The nogf was probably more of a side-effect.

The kid was always a loner and loser in adolescence, it's not like the only bad thing to ever happen to him was some bullshit psych evaluations at Harvard.

He didn't ask to be born, why should he justify his existence to you?

retard

right about leftists
the rest was pure mania, these are the "perks" you get from being a math genius

>want to go live off the grid in the woods

Except you can't. You cannot do whatever you want on state land and should thus buy your own land to live in the woods.

But even then you still need to pay taxes for having that land.

You sound like a nigga.

>Was he right?

What does that even mean?

Why do people always use this unflattering picture of him? He's still pretty good looking no homo

It was quite surprising to hear his voice for the first time, it doesn't match the deep, imposing voice I was expecting to hear.

youtube.com/watch?v=o6mYuNd6uhY

He was spooked as fuck, pure ideology.

>right about leftists
That was intentional to scare away fair weather people.

Explain.

Not who you were replying to but, Ted included the leftist bit to turn off the kind of people that are spooked to hell and back by society. By opening with an all out assault on leftists, he knew that people that are stupid enough to turned away by it are stupid enough to misunderstand the rest of the manifesto. Essentially to turn away people who may be intellgient, but whose personal opinions or feelings get in the way of understanding reality, and the gravity of the technological situation.

To understand why, you have to understand that the kind of intellectuals he was exposed to care more about appearance and "moving up" than truth.

>5'2

-6'0

-Ted

-5'6

-5'0

This. We aren't free. This isn't Skyrim.

Well, he is pretty insightful on leftists.

I don't think he was crazy, at most he was socially dysfunctional. He was a smart guy that had a real problem with society, some of it well founded.

>Well, he is pretty insightful on leftists.
"Here's a bunch of unscientific nonsense which explains why side is good and the other side is bad"

So tiresome.

>le scientism faec

So tiresome.

It's all anecdotal, I'll give you that. That being said, most of it holds up to critical thought and matches up to patterns that are easily seen. One hardly quotes scientific studies when talking about the political opposition. This isn't a scientific journal.

He sounds kind of like Ted Cruz

Kaczynski + McVeigh did nothing wrong.

That much, at least, is objectively false. Unless you are a nihilist.

>objectively
spooky

He's a nerd, why did you think he would sound like Darth Vader?

Not like that deep but more of a George Carlin type voice.

MK Ultra

He was correct about leftists. Actually I agree with much of what he says but I am not sure that 'returning' to some pre modern lifestyle makes any damned sense. Universal, static systems have not been a common feature in human civilizations and the idea of trying to induce one that is stuck in pre modern times seems like an impossibly difficult task.

You are a faggot. Go vote and leave the thinking to people who are brave enough for it you weak willed sniveling liberal coward. There are worse things than nail bombs or pain or death, but your type would never understand that.

why don't you calm the fuck down and act like a civilized human being?

you could word this better. a bitter virgin who accepts celibacy to cope with his issues can discover through celibacy that they are devoting their time to their interests or careers, whereas a majority of people invest in their sexual relations/families, giving them a competitive edge on the individual level.

you don't have to be a virgin to do this, though.

Wow, you mad? lmfao, get real dweeb. Ted was a beta bitch who couldn't hack it in the real world, just like you.

Nice memes. I do pretty well for myself actually. I also do not mail bomb people, however the sentiment that nothing is worth violence for is last men tier decadent faggotry

>muh last man

Stay spooked.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ-Upb4Szms

Relevant.