/lhg/ Light's Hope General

everyst, nighthaven cucks stay out, make a /cwg/ edition

Light's Hope is a Vanilla WoW Private Server, it's the new and improved version of Elysium, they cut out the corrupt owners and rebranded. New realmlist, same worldsave.

Open realmlist.wtf and Set realmlist logon.lightshope.org

Guilds:

Alliance: Mandate of Heaven, 2x BWL Raid Groups

Horde: None

/who guildname, whisper anyone to find out how to join

>Server info
twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
LH Discord (discordapp.com/invite/mraKxcU)
(lightshope.org/)

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
forum.lightshope.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=62

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

Old Thread: (not really)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vCvb8MwvsD4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When is it not ok to play a cute girl?

>druid
>worst class

Pick one.

Need DPS? No problem. Need a tank? I'm your girl. Need heals? I got you senpai. Need a support for your raid? I don't even have to apply to guilds they all beg me to join.

Plus I'm top-tier PVP, can farm anything easily, solo almost anything, and got a free portal at 10 and a free mini-mount at level 20 while you had to walk like a hobo everywhere for 40 levels.

Wheres that guy saying that Lights Hope was gonna announce its disbandment after Christmas?

Just point me in the direction of the ERP.

add me.

Madti#7172

But I need a dps that actually does dps and a tank I can leave alone for a while. And I also could use a rez in case someone dies.

maybe all their melee had it

Warriors are shit tanks in 5mans.

Light's Hope will be shutting down January 20th. Several members of their leadership team decided this a couple weeks ago. They have been slowly stepping down over the past few weeks. They will announce it soon. They will not be allowing a database transfer. The best hope is that Shenna/Crogge try to do their DDOS data download but that's been all but shut down at this point by both projects. In all honesty this will make us look like Nostalrius and some members of our team are excited to be martyred. It's all narcissistic bullshit because they don't give a fuck about the players.

It's kind of shitty how they're waiting until the last minute to get as much donation money as possible to split out between the developers.

What happened to "after Christmas"? roflcopter at soon(tm)

does after christmas only mean december 26th? they'd more likely do it after they're back for the holidays, so sometime next week.

Friendly reminder that you can do the thing, user!

do what?

Y'know, the thing!

why do people love to hang shit on hybrids so much? druids and paladins seem to cop it the worst, yet their off specs are fine for any content that isn't cutting edge progressive raiding and try hard premades.

people ask "are paladin/druid tanks viable" and without fail are met with a universal "NO" and told to roll a warrior for tanking. except they fail to mention the fact that you will literally never main tank a raid unless you are a guild leader/officer and every other class that can tank is just as good (if not better) at tanking any content that isn't a raid. same goes for dps in a non raid environment.

I'm just trying to give you fair warning. I'd start an alt on Nighthaven or wait for Kronos 3. Those will be the two viable Vanilla options when Light's Hope shuts down.

prot palas aren't good at tanking shit
druids are slightly better at aoe tanking dungeons for speed runs before early on

and the same does definitely not go for dps

but Paladin/bear tanks are better than Warrior for 5man, why would you lie about that?

total bullshit

because you're asking Legion players who's definition of viable is being a top end world first progression guild raiding spec. except all the top guilds stack classes in top end raiding and everyone has an alt of each class.

I did say that bear tanks are better early on in good groups. paladins however? no way

in what way?

>waah why is hybrids NOT VIABLE in Vanilla!!

fuck off back to retail.

all you need is 11 points in holy and you can tank any dungeon in the game. pallys cant reach uncrushable which literally only matters in raids. they aoe tank better than a warrior can ever hope to which can even speed up runs (although they will need to drink so it evens out).

rets can keep up with any dps class while leveling since holy damage scaling is still good up until the late 40s/early 50s and most classes wont pull ahead until they start getting 60 gear. they just lack cc, but they make up for it in utility. ret dps is lackluster in raids but again this is doing all content excluding raids.

they are perfectly viable for any and all content that isn't a raid, which isn't the be all and end all of the game.

even the developers on vanilla said they did not like hybrids. they made them what they are intentionally. it wasnt until wotlk that we saw the mass homogenization. tbc was a good middle ground where hybrids still had a tax but were viable in non-healing roles, to an extent. dps was still mainly mage/rogue/warlock/hunter and mt were warriors but the hybrids could bring utility to help buff the others and specs like feral/prot paladin had uses in raids.

they're viable, just not optimal. and how is defending classic class design related to retail where literally all hybrids ARE viable?

the problem prot palas have (apart from having to drink constantly) is single-target threat, if you have a fury or rogue in the group I guarantee he will pull threat on any mob he is on

>hybrids still had a tax

Except Warriors? Oh right they never count when talking about hybrid balance, it's just ok that they are the best tanks and mdps in the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>put salv on the fury or rogue
>tell them to wait 2 seconds before hitting

guys what the fuck, why isn't Blizzard balancing the classes? I don't want to heal as a Paladin, I want to dps and tank raids, not be limited to 5mans and PvP. . .

I watched orcbit's class guide for Paladin and it said Paladin tanks aren't viable? why are you lying to me?

>every fury/rogue now has to wait before attacking
have fun in ubrs where you'll have at least 5 of them

>warriors/rogues/mages need to actually work for their raidspots and dont just have them handed on a platter by virtue of bad game design

looking forward to it. purecucks will stay on slav private servers while the rest of us will enjoy classic with class balance on official servers

yes because you only have 1 dedicated tank per raid? are all Warriors supposed to become GM of their own guilds so they can be let into raids?

so like... any hybrid that wants to do anything other than heal?

>you only have 1 dedicated tank per raid
literally what

but all guilds are full on Rogues and Fury "DPS"? also Mage is by far the most played Class on Light's Haven.

what?

you have 2-4 tanks and some fury/feral offtanks in every raid grp

Priest Tax - Can heal
Paladin Tax - Can heal
Druid Tax - Can heal
Shaman Tax - Can heal

Hybrid tax was incorrectly coined long ago that it's a permanent vocabulary now. It was actually a Heal tax.

Besides, anyone with a brain discriminates against Warriors who don't tank, if you see a Warrior saying "LF3M need Tank" you simply don't work with them.

The only Fury warriors I ever group with are in raids or already have good gear so they can play Rogue in my 5 mans. Shitters who refuse to Tank and get their DPS gear via tank route can fuck off.

>you need 4 tanks to do four horsemen
user doesnt know what he's talking about.jpg

>I raided Naxx in Vanilla

>deleted his post
:joy:

waaaa me will only play a class/ spec if it's optimal haha me can't fathom having fun on a 13 year old game with content that has been theorycrafted and beaten easily since then.

>comparing tanking 5mans to raids

you need 100% attendance to raid tank, and need to be friends with the GM or be one yourself. so that the most geared person in the guild doesn't get poached.

>Rogue
>my 5mans
>"LF9M UBRS truestrike/felstriker/dalrends res"
>/who name - level 58 Rogue

How many of those warriors are level 1 bank alts since they are the default class at character creation?

How many of those mages are chinamen who only farm gold to sell in dmn/dme and don’t take raid and dungeon spots in english guilds.

the graph is 60s only.

Oh my bad. Mages point still stands.

yes only chinese play vurtneslayerxx copy-paste UD mages.

>tfw fell for the everyst meme
>tfw still wanna believe in the meme
>tfw wanna kill myself

come join us on Nighth/a/ven, user!

i already said i wanna kill myself user, don't push me

I don't think he was saying that, tho your point is noted. Mages are a popular class either way.
I think mages get slightly more represented when the chinese play, however, due to gold farming/selling and how rampant that is with the chinese.
Pretty sure that even ignoring gold farming, mages/warriors/rogues are always the top 3.

watching y'all is sad as fuck

it is sad when you have nothing going on in life so you sit here refreshing the thread all day

I didn't necessarily fall for it as I wanted somewhere comfy to level, but I really did hope the population would be greater. As it is now even if I get to 60, I won't be able to raid as both factions' planned raid times wouldn't work out. And that's assuming horde ever gets enough 60s anyhow.

thats why I like to drop in give you guys something to read when you refresh :)

"get on ts bro"
"my mic is m-m-muted, i c-cant use it"

how can i join the dbc clique without saying a word

just came here to laugh at you losers, why don't you get a job so you could afford to play official servers?

are you a girl?

why the fuck is there no Ez dismount addon that actually works
lazypig fucking ruins Aux and makes it impossible to use it

what probelma re you having? the ezdismount im using works fine. lazypig sucks imo.

what a problema are you having-a?

WHAT VERSION WHERE
LITERALLY WHERE
eVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET IS OUT OF DATE
99% OF ALL NOSTALRIUS ADDDONS ARE GONE
NOTHING IS AVAILABLE

>Vanilla addons
>out of date

sweetie. . .

So do we have a horde guild that isn't full of offline for 20 days people?

>we

everyone here is playing in Mandate of Heaven.

>tfw you roll a juicy 97 on jindo’s evil eye in a ZG pug and the other healers get upset
suck my nuts assholes. on that note i wish my casual guild wasn’t on holiday break

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

keep us posted.

that’s all folks

call me le trolle boy
who wanna lick my feet mon :3

Nice blog tumblrite

is that a lupos on a level 8?

ill lick em on nighthaven

Dank buddz collective

>playing with normies

>normies play vanilla wow on a private server
just cos someone's not an edgy aspie like you doesn't mean they're normies user

maybe it's time to change yourself and go to therapy

its a prowler from eastvale cute and 1.5

>discord guild
>they're not normies

At this point all the players from this general are in one of the following:
>tryhard guilds like progress, grizzly, whatever, etc and rank to 14 and camp azuregos for days on end
>are Australian or Russian and raid with guilds from their time zones BYO/Oceanics Thirteen/Bears/etc
>mandate of heaven and pupper pals on alliance
>dank budz or offshoots like vicarious and we play horde
>make horde great again

Mandate and puppers are the most vg heavy of guilds, all the horde guilds finally died. High point was clearing ZG, then everyone split to the ones mentioned above.

Speaking as someone with characters on both factions, raiding with those other horde guilds was a lot more similar to playing with dindus or salty dogs than with mandate for example.

If you don't want to raid with normies wait for classic. I'd venture to say you have a lot more in common with normies playing private server wow than the people in wowg playing retail though.

Just my two cents.

Troll or Orc Resto Shammy?

Won't argue with you about discord. It's a nice and useful app but it's propensity for producing namefags is annoying.

Troll if your memespec is going to be elemental, orc if enhancement. Troll slightly better for resto. Troll also is more unique.

man i forgot how cancerous and boring world pvp actually was
if its a 1 on 1 the kid just runs for his life
if its 3 on 1 its time for emote spam and corpse camp

Troll it is then.

maybe it's just get good.

Best way to grief using mind control as a nelf?

>get gud
there's no trick to winning in vanilla pvp
theyre always 3 levels above you

Horde FP in felwood and jump down.

how are people getting level 63?

youtube.com/watch?v=vCvb8MwvsD4
you run for your life and win anyway

buy swiftness and invisibility potions from your local alchemist!

nice meme

It's all so tiresome

>goth edit
>*runs out of nova range to avoid getting nova'd*

that's the joke

Is RJ132102 as shit as it looks?

Wheres da erp? Or do I have to solo forever to eventually suck a dick?

add me
Madti#7172