/wtg/ War Thunder General

Handheld Americans Edition.

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>A discord you can use
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/news/5232-store-winter-sales-special-bundle-and-gift-certificates-en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Algum br????

F-100 ad MiG-19 when?

SMALL FAMILY COMPANY

lol never

mig-19p is coming to DCS

I know but I want it in bore blunder too

wehraboos should be slaughtered (unironically)

>want to get talisman for new tank
>option 1 - buy goldy birds which gets me to lose 20 bong bucks
>option 2 - grind out 6 (six) new accounts and get them to tier 3 and get 500 goldy birds each time
>option 3 - play the game and slaughter a lamb to the RNG gods so i can get the talisman I want through loot boxes
what do

Shift and CTRL

it will never come to this game becasue lol missles and lol speed of sound

That's what mine are bound to too.

What do you think of HE? Is it as useful as it should be? I find it's 99% worthless unless using it against extremely thinly armoured foes. IRL, a large HE shell hiting a tank would be disastrous, I'm pretty sure the ISU-152s didn't bother loading the AP round for Tigers, we all know the HE shell could tear the turret off them, or so the stories go.
Maybe this wouldn't be balanced, but it's far removed to how HE works currently.

>implying gaijew aren't aware of how much money they can milk out of jetfags with tier 5 premiums and closed beta tier 6 premium packs

this is true

Spalling isnt modelled properly so dont bother with anything HE below 122mm
If you want to use ot, hit the turrets and see your shrapnel magically penetrate the tankroof

I've been trying to use HE against the light vehicles, they're useless even against them. Waste of space.

is HESH an effective round? it doesn't matter that it has shitty penetration right?

Closest I saw to this was hitting a machine gun on the roof of an M18 with APHE. It detonated against the gun and the HE cone went straight down into the TD wiping out all the crew.

Yes I was playing a T-34.

I carry 2-5 HE shells on all vehicles for the occasional Marder, flaktrack, etc. Most of the time spray them with machine guns gets the job done and switching shells is pointlessly a pain in the ass.

T. hans von roppenstien driving round his paper project laser cannon

Is basically ignores slopes, so the "penetration" is just going to account for the actual armour and not effective.

Good for memeslope soviet tonks, but below 120mm HESH post-pen is very underwhelming, also fuel tanks will absorb all post pen

I've tried using HE shells on the german flak bus but it just slams harmlessly off the armour. Decided to drop it past that point.

t. ivan ivanov ivanowsky driving around it his fluxcapacitor equipped bouncecastlehovercraft armed with twin 60 niggerwatt turbolasers

>you need to be a slav(e) to see the german wehraboos for what they are

LMAO!

most comfy map and most comfy tank

>never went down the light russian tanks because when i started playing it was nothing but trash
>mfw it would take days now

wrong

>try sim battles for once
>someone shoots through a wall and small forest to kill me
ULQ shitters genocided when?

>Shoot Tiger or Panther in the side+ammo rack with APDS
>It goes black
>only kill loader

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

>they removed 3 spawn SB
lol why bother?

>shoot su-85 in the front with 17 pounder from 100 meters away
>bounce
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

>it takes at least $5 worth of premium to unlock a single rank VI tank and have to usable with casual play

really makes ya think

>killed by _BBC_ in first match through bushes
>second match literally killed by BBC2_something through bushes
wat

>shot cent mk1's forntal ammo rack with HEAT-FS
>29 rounds blacked)))
same shit happens with you cunts

>every time gaijin announces they banned a new wave of cheaters, they all just happen to have russian names
)))))))))))))))))) CIONCIDENCE ))

>Shoot panther turret side with 76mm APCR while the plate is perpendicular
>no-pen
JUST

Is it just me or have they disabled showing paint decals that are too large?
Pic related is the only one I have where the paint is bigger than you can make them nowadays, but it won't show up in matches.

literally never happens to me

get good

>wahh wahh kraut bias
>but is fine when it happens to me)))
fuck off
what's the bong equivalent of )))

fuck you're right

>Watching some video on HESH changes
>It actually functions appropriately now.
>Should probably be far more resistant to slope bounce
>But functions right

>AP/APHE shells still behave like fucking smart munitions
>APDSFS is some crazy ass flechette filled shotgun load upon impact like it's keyholing through multiple feet of armor or some shit.

>can't kill bong tank with cheat-fs

literally never happens to me

get good

Do people in general not care about HE? Seems like something that should have a better use.

>WT is now adding more modern tanks at a quicker rate than Armored Warfare

Wouldn't be surprised if they eventually get around to properly implementing the April Fools tanks.
Goddamn, what a fucking joke that AW became.

>It happened again
m36 is actually decent tonk

it was trash from day 1. only retards, wot refugees and SJWs stayed, circlejerking around their safespace called PVE

I'm not sure why I don't see AW as a direct competitor.

Did Gaijin declare they were going well past 1970s?

>76mm of armour stop 60mm of HE pen
no shit sherlock.

they will when botes fails

It had its good points but they dicked around on a lot of important shit, catered to the absolute worst players, and yes, PvE is just a retard playground. It's sad, all peoplpe really wanted was WoT but modern tanks and with less kikey bullshit.

>less kikey bullshit
im assuming you talk about prem ammo?
another point only brought up by sub 55% shitters

you have to go back to where ever the fuck you came from

>Being alright with premium P2W features.

Go fuck yourself.

As someone who's never touched AW, what's wrong with the PvE? Do you just not like it in general or was it shitty implementation?

>botes fails
and they will, i never saw anyone asking for fucking boats.

go back to your shitty general you cancerous health bar faggot.

>being so bad you cant work around it
>being a sub 55% shitter
i worked my way up to 62% WR without spamming the 2 key. git gud or mc fucking kill yourself

>let me talk out of my ass without being corrected
lmao keep dreaming shitter. i am betetr than you in WT as well btw

>heh i need to pay for premium ammo becasue i suck with normal one
>heh im obviously better

my fucking bad for excepting a hot copper cone smashing into a smaller Royal Ordnance manufacture's daily output to destroy the tin can around it
also in what fucking way is being unable to kill a tigger/panther with APDS better than that that it gets the privilege of being attributed to ))) instead of just teaniggers bitching that their turbolasers don't get to penetrate anything AND vaporize it in a single shot

>tfw i am better than everyone else without premium ammo
now jettison your life

It was boring and easy as fuck. But the worst part is that the people that played it hated that balancing decisions were based around PvP, while PvE retards repeatedly have shown they often don't even understand basic game mechanics.

A common comment seen in balance threads about a poorly performing tank was "Well I do great in it". Then you find out they're only talking about PvE where literally every tank can be played well.

It's a mode where people easily get to 90% WR in it yet they want more income, and bitch every time something is introduced to make it harder.

With your logic, only shitters would like premium ammo.

which is exactly the case

guys how the fuck do you reliably kill a T-34-85 DT in a 75mm Jumbo

I'm used to targeting turret cheeks, but it's been doing fuck all for me lately. with 110mm AP Shot

Shoot the hull.

>implying War Thunder doesn't have hidden healthbars

try uninstalling

>look up russian bias on youtube
>it's a bunch of german abhumans complaining that their super cool tank isn't unstoppable
Ebic

So you're defending a crutch for shitters?

Frontally?

I ain't with that just flank shit.

It's the most unrealistic expectation fucking imaginable considering most american opponents don't need to fucking flank, while alotta american tanks lack the armor/survivability to establish a "Front Line" that you can then maneuver around for flanking shots.

what am in for?
also by the time i'll get to top tier in bong line they'll add fucking tier 7

shoot turret ring

Yes frontally. If I can do it in a T-34-76, why can't you do it in a jumbo with a 75mm?

Fun

Just don't get hit or expect to be able to reverse to cover. Gotta keep going FAST in a forwards direction.

>arcade

>he fragments fly only towards one direction
ok watson

Oh the armour values are different in arcade?

No user your provided an auto-aim mechanism in arcade.

The point is trying to make a Turret Ring shot is a bitch and a half on anything other then say a goddamn KV-2/T34 or armor incredibly large turreted vehicle.

how do you recognize players?
if the tank is soviet and covered in bushes i know it's rusisan

Okay, that's pretty retarded.
That said I wouldn't really mind some kind of PvE for ground forces. Mostly because I suck dicks in it but also for a sort of no-stress comfy play.
Or better yet, Enduring Confrontation for RB GF. That could be fantastic.

How is that different from aiming at a weakspot with any other vehicle?

GF PvE is like nothing in AW. I haven't played enough of it to figure out the best map locations, but it is certainly a hell of a lot harder than AW's PvE.

suffering until you unlock apds

The only reason I’ve lost is because the entire team chases one group of bombers and lets the other 2 through or completely ignores the howitzers

what did he mean by this?

>Leoncello bounces my 171mm penetrating APCBC
Slavic genocide when?

good bait my man

>sim battles
>uses the same tiny absurd maps from arcade and rb
Why?

F80 > P80

>That 8 minutes of BOOST

Too bad 8.0 jets is nonexistent.

well written senpai

there are two outcomes when trying to win a battle with 70%

1. get 96 kills and 40 caps but lose
2. your team streamrolls so hard that you drive around the entire map without seeing an enemy and get 40% activity

Oh, I mean the tank PvE. Air PvE is doable with even just a few competent players.

or option 3
>don't care about any of this battle activity shit since it's not worth the stress

Reminder that thunderskill (at least for air) literally does not mean shit and all it takes to achieve 80+% is to hit a few AA or artillery every match

>fly plane, get one kill assist, receive 90% battle activity

>shoot russian plane with 4x30mm cannons
>hit x2
)))))))))

I have a question about a note in Winter Bundle Sale page on the site which states,

>Note! You can also get unique titles and decals, if you log in to the game from the 28th of December to the 10th of January and gain at least one victory, and at the same time you have previously purchased all separate packs which are included in one of the bundles above (e. g. you have all 3 vehicle packs included in “Battle Hero” bundle).

What does that mean? Does it mean I'll get "pre-order decals and decorations" of some packs back when say Jap tanks and Italy planes were first being added? Like, could I get the Scarecrow and Sagittarius decals if I buy that Italy pack (i.e pic related) ?

warthunder.com/en/news/5232-store-winter-sales-special-bundle-and-gift-certificates-en

at what point you stopped playing because you had fun and started playing becasue you got good, had lots of vehicles and knew shit?
for me it was after i reached tier 5 in germs and started playing soviets.
now im in tier 3 bongs and i don't have much fun but play the game out of the habbit.