/nepgen/ - Neptunia General #1346

RedGear edition

Last thread >Hyperdimension Neptunia Downloads (Skins, Artbooks, Manga, Guides, Soundtracks, etc.):
pastebin.com/mdMmvEqd

New neptunia title in the works. Promises to 'surpass expectations': siliconera.com/2017/11/07/new-neptunia-project-works-will-surpass-expectations-1000/

>Miscellaneous News:
Beru is coming to the Japanese Compile Heart app: twitter.com/CompileHeartApp/status/932809155357786112

Nep-Nep Connect gets updated with new cards: compileheart.com/nepnep_connect/news/article/20171122_2.php

4GO art contest results: ideafintl.com/cyberdimension/4go/community/?page=15

>Nep-Nep's VII-rtual Reality News:
VIIR localization coming Spring 2018: gematsu.com/2017/10/megadimension-neptunia-viir-coming-west-spring-2018
Patch 1.06 released for VIIR, adds new VR scenes as well as some bonus content and balance fixes: compileheart.com/neptune/v2r/info/update.php
VIIR English website: ideafintl.com/nep-v2r/
Translated Drama CDs and VR scenes for VIIR can be found here: youtube.com/user/AliasV3/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U6bGW4ShpNU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kill yourself dude

Let this thread die

>tfw Noire will never be real
Feels bad man.

Post more slutty Neps

Is it just the picture or am I missing something?

They are just triggered, proceed as usual.

>yurishit edition

why?

Red must be nepped!

>Updated on : 11 Nov 2017
That pastebin is outdated, right? Wasn't it updated in December?

Wouldn't want to let people post something worthwhile.

NOOOOOOOOOOO DELETE THIS YOU CAN'T LIKE THINGS I DON'T LIKE

Why not?

I love Blanc.

Blanc is a cute.

Blanc is lazy and doesn't work like she should.

I will do everything I possibly can to give Big Nep a nepping!

Just give her a spanking.

I'm thinking about updating the OP for the next thread.
Is there anything that should be added, changed or deleted so far?

>Play VRChat
>Notice a fucking Lindafag walking around the hub and stalking everyone with nep-related skin
The cancer is spreading.

you expect a quality experience entering vrchat?

no

No, its the newest one, I didn't get enough new stuff to justify the bother of updating.

Although I will compress all the Nepnokai raws into one link next version, lacking any new downloads I will be doing that in mid january.

>Yuri

I love plut the cute !

Her eyelashes look weird

Traitor!

I love Noire!

That sure is a lot of Ploot.

cumming on buran

getting hit in the face with a hammer a half second later

cumming in buran

Nep's jumping through dimensions again...

She loves you too!

A cute

RED needs to turn straight, just imagine all the neppings she'd get.

RED nepped straight when?

When she's old enough.

Seriously guys, just play HDN. She's not even gay.

probably still getting smashed with a hammer, but worth it.

Could've been the axe. Just goes to show that she still cares.

Yeah, but if she uses something sharp, I get the feeling I know what she's going to try to cut with it.

I want to FUCK Big Nep!

>Redgear

I was wondering for a while what the big story differences are between rebirth1 and the original.

Can someone give a short summary?

I want Big Nep to kiss me on the forehead!

>I was wondering for a while what the big story differences are between rebirth1 and the original.
>Can someone give a short summary?

the big thing I remember is that Arfoure worked with the ancient heroes to defeat the evil goddess and her copy ability caused her to absorb her powers and eventually go mad.

The only other detail I can recall right now is Vert believing that Neptune was poisoned by someone form her nation

ah thanks.

And i also hear dit took itself more serious. Is that true?

HDN1 has unreasonably bitchy Noire and Blanc to the point of bein unbearable. Only Vert had noble reasons to fight Neptune to death. Noire herself hire Ganache to make Avenir even if it resulted to destroying the population of workers, replacing majority of livelihood into machines and nearly kill thousands of people just because she wanted to kill Nep. And even after she pretended to be amnesiac and saw their relationship. Ganache is way more interesting though as he is calmer, dedicated and more cunning than RB1's "White Heart"-obsessed freak. Blanc wanted to kill Neptune just because she hates her for no reason.

for the record is the changes Rebirth did to HDN1's plot

Thanks. That really sounds a bit darker.

Plus Noire fights you A LOT.

Like 4 mandatory battles in the game while the other CPUs get one and one of them is a dick move ambush after a boss fight for a key fragment

The other goddesses do not join you until the last chapter, so it's just Nep, Compa and IF. Makes the events feel more "personal?" I guess. In the rebirths (especially later on) you're dragging around a party of 15+ characters so most of them don't even get to talk.

Main story is way more serious. The goddesses have their own shit to deal with: Noire was basically taken out of power by Avenir's bureaucrats, Leanbox is on the verge of civil war and Blanc's locked in her room reading books while Financier(Arfoire) runs the country.

You have to fix their problems, then get Nep's memories back and attack Arfoire in Celestia, optionally recruiting one or more goddesses along the way.

less characters would be good in rebirth but after playing all these light hearted games (minus conquest) it sounds wrong. Did you enjoyed the original story more?

In HDN1, Arfoire is the real True Goddess who is tired from ruling then decided to ask Histoire to make 4 CPUs, each with her own trait from Arfoire, to replace her. Sometime later she fools the CPUs to fight each other just to destroy the world.

The poisoning is the same but the one rescued them isn't Vert but a guy named "Jade", weirdly read as jad for some reason, which lead to an interesting side story about some rebellion in Leanbox.

They even get to talk to the final boss. Each one of them.

>Noire was basically taken out of power by Avenir's bureaucrats
That's all on Noire and she didn't even cared as much as long as she defeats Nep.

>Leanbox is on the verge of civil war
Which is a result of Vert being locked on her own room playing games. But this is what she tries to atone for later, making her the most developed out of the CPUs

>Blanc's locked in her room reading books while Financier(Arfoire) runs the country
It's actually Financier AND Arfoire (disguised as Conversation) and Blanc was so bitchy that Financier only cared for her just to have a job and nothing more...

thanks. It really is a different game

V2 tried to have a serious story and it worked out well I think. There's still room for humor in less tense moments and in every side event.

From what I remember, the 4 heroes fouht Arfoire herself, which lead her to separating part of herself into Histoire, who'd be some kind of independent arbiter. That eventually caused her to go mad and try to reabsorb Histoire back by destroying the world.

that post was for the changes Rebirth did to HDN

>Blanc was so bitchy that Financier only cared for her just to have a job and nothing more...
Wait. Just how different Financier is?

Absolute power corrupts, so the original goddess over time became evil and wanted to destroy the world. The 4 heroes stopped her and she regained her senses for a while.

To prevent herself from destroying the world in the future, she split her power five ways, with Histoire's portion being the one that rewrites reality and could destroy the world. The power can only be used together with the 4 other fragments, eg. when the goddesses unite.

Then she turns evil again and goes on a hunt for copies of the goddesses' powers, so she can bypass her own failsafe, use Histoire and destroy the world.

Interestingly, she just sees her job as just a job. She doesn't put her faith on Blanc and she is a heretic and a Guild member just like IF. She tried rescuing Blanc with the help IF, Compa and Nep from other heretics who tried to assault and ambush her main Basilicom from the inside and outside but Blanc still didn't change after that. She still wants to kill Nep.

That's what happens when people are so incompetent they suddenly have no idea how to win anymore when an enemy has regen and the solution people use for every challenge is 'grind more'.

For all the talk about how Neptunia is too shallow and easy, with the way I keep hearing how people are actually playing it I actually think it may be too complicated for most players because all strategic aspects seem to be lost on them.

I'm talking about people like you. Have you considered whether a change of strategy could yield better results before concluding there's no other choice but to grind some more?

>How will noire spend the new year ?
Have you used your PS3 in the last couple months? Will you be using it in the new year? Noire is abandoned and lonely, and nothing will change about that. UD Noire has it even worse.

>Also
>>trying to prove how much of a gamer you are by playing a JRPG at max difficulty
>ebin
In my experience 'max difficulty' tends to just be 'we just upped some numbers without playtesting any of it or adding any additional strategic elements you're forced to consider', leading to situations where the normal enemies are still a snoozefest and bosses suddenly kill most of your party before you get a single turn.

However, a good JRPG should pose a reasonable challenge on the default difficulty that can be overcome without excessive grinding, and figuring out which tactical decisions you should make to defeat enemies without being overleveled is a core part of JRPG gameplay. If I want to just follow a story without having to make tactical decisions I'll just go play a visual novel instead.

It should have been Vert with Velvet clothes

You guys are idiots. This list is from Dengeki, you know, that same magazine that has a dedicated Nep page (Nepnokai). Its readerbase is not at all representative of mainstream Japanese gamers or even only hardcore Japanese gamers. In that sense, this list is hardly more notable than being on /v/'s top characters list. Furthermore, this list seems to be only Playstation characters from games released in 2015 (2016 for the second list).

Nope. It's a ranking of best PS3/PS4/Vita indie games released in Japan in 2016. There aren't all that many indie games on those platforms, and Japan only gets part of the Western indie games, so as you can see it's basically just a listing of the most mainstream indie games.

Also, I'm not sure if Japan actually experienced much of the No Man's Sky hype. NMS's problem wasn't that it was such a horrible game, but rather that it was hyped up to be the best thing ever and ended up being mediocre, causing extreme disappointment. If they never got hyped up about it I don't find it unimaginable that it would beat the other entries on the list.

Come on. By this point you had no excuse for still falling for his bait. Please consider that in addition to looking like an idiot you're also shitting up the thread with a useless chain of replies nobody cares about. This shitposting even cost us some image slots. Don't feed the troll.

I don't mind yuri but OP's picture is garbage. With this being posted (with filename 'rare gays.jpg' no less) while the previous thread hadn't hit the bump limit yet (and people were still posting text replies), it's obvious OP just wanted to annoy the yuri haters, at the expense of the thread itself.

Though I don't personally care, I heard VIIR has a newer version than is listed in the OP.

Jesus fuck, this is some OCD if I've ever seen one

Oh, right.
It actually went backwards. Arfoire felt really insecure, so she tried to rewrite herself into a perfect being, for which she needs powers from Histoire. She can't do anything to Histoire directly, so she works to destroy the world since Histoire is tied to it.
She only goes full evil after she starts scaring people with Momus and collecting fear instead of shares.

>too complicated for most players
>strategic aspects seem to be lost on them
I think the main problem is how those aspects are presented:

Back attack bonus is hard to notice and there is no clear indicator for when you are actually getting it vs. just a side attack.

Status ailments behave the same way when you fail to apply one due to partial resists, and when the enemy is completely immune.

Stat buffs/debuffs are not reflected on the status screen.

Enemy specials have short generic animations which do not tell you if they are physical or magic, or which element they are. Damage numbers also give no information on this.

There isn't even a clear explanation of what the different stats do, like how TEC actually affects damage as well as accuracy.

>TEC actually affects damage as well as accuracy.

Wait, really?

Praise Neptune!

Cuddle Neptune

Yeah, half of TEC is added to both STR and INT for damage calculation. Someone posted the formula a few threads back and it seems legit.

Nep Neptune!

Remember her?

does anyone have the video were RED misses her exe drive?

You mean third best cake?

Is it RED Alert time?

Does that make RED homo or hetero if she has sex with futa if ?

I don´t know but it´s a step closer for her to learn to love the dick

Praise Rena!
Rena for Nep 8 w-when?

reminder to report and ignore off-topic shitposting

Like this ?

If you're a woman being fucked by a futa, does that makes you gay or straight?

It's gayer than a man fucking a woman but straighter than a woman fucking a woman. Sexuality is a spectrum, after all.

shhh don't say that you'll trigger /pol/

So it's middle ground? What about a futa fucking a male or a male fucking a futa?

This thing sparked more comms of the same nature, hope you guys like Rei and Purple Heart

youtube.com/watch?v=U6bGW4ShpNU

Obviously futaxmale and malexfuta are both gayer than malexfemale but less gay than malexmale. Furthermore, futaxmale is more gay than than malexfuta because penis going into male is gayer than penis going into female.

If futa fucks a male then it's gay, if a male fucks a futa it's less gay but still gay

if she presents as female then it's not as black-and-white as that