/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Catloli Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vSX2VMeEtec
youtu.be/WCYjy-RLmLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hi

rathalos is gay

let's start the thread with a bang
which weapons the patrician choice?

>prerendered
>looks worse than world

Catlolis for World

Legiana is beautiful!

longsword

Accel axe.

anything that isnt IG or CB

GL

Huntresses

When is the next MH stream?

World Huntresses!

I want plump huntress butts on my face.

OG weapons

2nd gen huntresses

>go back to play 3ds games
>can't stand it at all compared to the glory of a controller and big screen, now that I've gotten a taste

I need World to release about a month early.

4th Gen Huntresses!

Never post my huntress while complaining about screen size and whatnot again

same

I guess I will masturbate.

I hate small screens!

Watch out for traps set by hunters!

God dammit

Lance/gunlance.

LBG

Greatsword hammer or longsword

Lance

Yuck... Who would like to touch her bottom, that's dirty and filled with germs.

you have more bacteria in your body than your own cells, you know that right?

More cells, significantly less mass.

Coconut Gun

Yuck... But women are disgusting still no matter what.

Are there any sets I can make early in XX/Gen High Rank that'll carry me through to G rank? Using Brave SA, want to blow through as fast as possible since I've done it all already.

Ceanataur
Rathalos

Why didn't you save transfer?

Couldn't get my save off my non-modded 3DS, couldn't mod that one without losing all my save data due to being too updated (Needs a system transfer)

Thanks though.

quads confirmed

(Needs a magnet)*

Here you go.

How would I go about messing around with custom quests in 3U? Saw some guy posting obviously custom quests, and I want to try it out, too.

Anybody wanna hunt some non required monsters in XX 10G rank.
There's only so many times I can see people cart with Nercilla.

What, just some regular Nerscylla?
I'm game.

kinda confused, need some help
so are guild quests just straigh out harder than caravan quests? it took me over 20 minutes to kill najarala from guild quest, but i did it in few after i got to it in caravan
also what am i doing wrong, that im trying to focus the tail at all times, but i still kill it before i cut it?

I''m down to hunt whatever you want

Room is open.
Gathering 7243 etc

Guild quests as in the tavern quests? Or Guild Quests as in actual guild quests?

Tavern quests are harder. GQ's depend on the level but most will be above caravan since caravan is always training wheels

Najarala's tail doesn't come off

guild quests as quests from gathering hall

Najarala tail can't be cut.
Guild quests monsters have four times the health(I think) and hit harder.
The only breakable parts its got is the crest, face and tail.

Yes those are harder than caravan quests from the same rank.

Caravan is a gimped experience. Gathering hall is the actual standard.

so should i be doing caravan and later gathering hall ? or just stick to gathering hall only ?

1 spot open.

youtu.be/vSX2VMeEtec

I found this. Guess I gotta homebrew my Wii U to even do it. interesting.

I would pay enormous amounts of money for a DLC that replaces the Handler with a catloli.

WHY IS DEVILJHO SO FUCKING BIG HOLY FUCK

Do caravan get a set you like then hop to gathering.

IMO, do caravan and then hit gathering hall. Too many shitters jump straight into online gathering hall with no knowledge about the game. You also unlock wystone and other useful shit from doing the caravan which you will need for gathering hall later.

same

But dont stop there. Guiild marm, moga girl and tanzia sweetheart, too.

>Tfw booting up a new save on MH3U because World left me with a thirst for the big screen
>Already cleared LR village in today

Ahh holy shit I need MORE hunting MORE MORE

>Too many shitters jump straight into online gathering hall
i was doing it solo tho

Sorry asshole flatmate hogging all the band to stream some shitty movies.

I know I'm late as fuck on this but damn you have legitimate autism.

"Mutually Assured Destruction" was obviously a joke because he was talking about Monster Hunter MADs and not the Cold War. The spoilered text was the answer. Sorry to hear you had your sense of humour surgically removed.

late as fuck on this too but felyne wasn't good even "with the right setup," it was on-par with Gunlance. The upsides of cats were that they were better for gathering and practically impossible to die with, meaning absolute dogshit players could play them without being such a burden since they weren't eating carts.

I started with Tri, and I've always finished offline village before touching online.

Works out well because you gotta do offline stuff to farm materials for potions and shit really.

I hate when people try photoshopping things out of images without knowing about the clone brush.

It's all good. Room will be up for a while if you're able to get back on.

So guys, are we getting both Volcano and Snowy Mountains in Montser Hunter World?

I want to simultaneously weaponize small animals and develop a stratagem for effectively using the slinger as an almost-primary weapon.

>always loved the hunting horn despite it being shit
>but got totally smitten with the new gunlance and lance going back to the tri counter
>can't decide on which weapon to start without doing much farming to play all 3
Wat do?

Probably just Volcano. We have two completely new maps anyways, so stfu.

Is stam drain any useful??

No

I figured.. What about gloves off? Whats that about?

k i n s e c t

Gives an affinity boost after taking certain amount of damage or spending 5 minutes in the same area as the monster. Only lasts 90 seconds.

There are better skills to shoot for.

So i got 2 crappy charms, ok
Thx user

What new shit got added to LBG in world? I didn't get a chance to play the demo

you can put down some mines down and you can move around while aiming like it aint shit. there's a melee attack that deals surprising damage and can easily stun monsters

Wait, hold on.. How 'good' would it be to do adrenaline + attack (l) + gloves off + attack up from food? Imagine all that FREE damage

gloves off is the furthest thing from free

People don't become obsessed with this game right? I'm pretty good at adapting but people are joking when they say they kick for mundane autistic reason right? Especially if I can carry with worse gear

Challenger is a better glowing hand skill.

its 100% memes and autism. extremely unlikely you will ever encounter anyone that spastically checks your gear and kicks you if it isn't up to their "standard"

Unless you get into a room which says they're aiming for elders while wearing white gear or equal don't worry they won't kick you.

so what is the buff(?) from gore magala really doing?
i figured out that if i deal enough damage before the bar goes to the end it gives me a boost, but to what exactly? and what happens if the bar fulfills ?

You got it all wrong. It's debuff which makes you lose damage. You can get rid of it by eating nullberries for example. If the bar goes full length you are fucked up.

ahh okey, although i didn't eat nullberries and i still got rid of it during the fight

>he didn't ask for ps4 pro for christmas
>he is going to wait until at least summer 2018 for the pc release or play on the DOA xbox version

youtu.be/WCYjy-RLmLQ
LBG is an exploding hammer now

It's 'sickness' caused by the infected monsters. Just read about it more from the wiki.

You do get a buff for dealing enough damage to "overpower" the virus, but if you let the bar fill you are given a debuff which decreases the damage you do and causes you to not have any red (recoverable over time) health when you take damage. The encounter with the Gore Magala on the boat is meant to be a tutorial for this Frenzy Virus mechanic.

okay, thanks a lot

I only kick cheaters and griefers. If someone is in shit gear/no decorations/whatever I'll point it out to them, but if they can succeed like that that's a good thing, not a bad thing.