/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEmove Cuckout Edition
Featuring: @@@@@@@@@@@@
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3spmVqnco
youtube.com/watch?v=rdT1YT9AOPA
youtube.com/watch?v=3AWO2n05SMI
youtube.com/watch?v=cipAS6pS_Z0
youtube.com/watch?v=ydMvUh41494
youtube.com/watch?v=7ehqMz0v9gM
youtube.com/watch?v=4_84UUGbSWo
youtube.com/watch?v=EUnjxftU6r0
youtube.com/watch?v=xF--1XdcOeM
youtube.com/watch?v=-iPNsF2Q8QA
youtube.com/watch?v=Nc-GquiIlDM
youtube.com/watch?v=6cPeyOw5FsA
wd40.com/cool-stuff/myths-legends-fun-facts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hate elves.

Friendly reminder that if you aren't autistic you should fuck off.

>cuckout in the OP
This needs to stop even if it's a joke

>This needs to stop even if it's a joke
>one of the only multiplayer (((engineering))) games left standing after robocuck crashed and burned
u wot mate

>if it's a joke
I'm sorry, but the truth is...

>cuckout
>engineering
choose one

robocuck was an honorable /egg/ by way of /svgg/ and ideally there would be some sort of /carbuildinggeneral/ which would include it and cuckout

>I hate thing! REEEEEEE

What exactly isn't engineering about this? Is that its not a factory? Not a 2-d game? Not completely pointless? I'm totally at a loss here, let me know if you have an answer.

Yes?
Something coinciding with the arrival of crossout has lowered the quality of /egg/, and it's the only source of newfags there could have been.

i don't hate it but it just doesn't fit in the engineering category

The only source of bad quality is [redacted].
And triggered crybabies screeching about Crossout.

Not him but it's glorified lego with a mad max skin. In the beginning most of cuckout posts belonged on Veeky Forums and now most of them sound like they should be on a discord circlejerk server for measuring epeen

It's not lego, lego is actual engineering.
It's more like mega blocks.

>glorified lego
Don't start that shit user we all know what spengines really is.

But where's the engineering?

While I'm not denying that they're still around crossout doesn't create OC like all the other /egg/s, it's not even like robocuck

>claim engineering
>make spengies lego bot
>It CLANGS, why can't I make opus magnum
>programming block are too complicated
>I can't being script kiddie and copy and modify from the workshop
the actual status of engineering...

youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3spmVqnco

>playing video games
>engineering
describe "engineering"

The discord was originally used for spengies and is still used for spengies. It just happens we also play cockout.

>engineering
Like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=rdT1YT9AOPA

I'm nominating myself as official Crossout ambassador to /egg/. Can we all please stop fighting?

As if there wasn't enough proof cuckout fags are new as shit.

nice try

Excuse me? What about my post shows that I'm new? I'd simply like to deescalate and make my fellow /egg/men and Crossout posters stop seeing each other as boogeymen

>implying
I'd never sully myself with a name, especially in /egg/
/egg/ is serious business.

The fact that you're fucking tripfagging.

>crossout doesn't create OC
>But where's the engineering?

Its like you want to just endlessly post and look at other anons opus magnum solutions and factorio spaghetti for ever and ever. Lets go down the list, and pick a few out to have a gander at.

>Algodoo
Fun, if pointless 2d very laggy physics sandbox. I love algodoo user because he's more autistic than anyone here with his mechanical life.

>Avorion
Completely wasted potentional and litterally fewer mechanics and less nuance than starmade, fits closer to a "lego" standard. entertaining for about an hour, shame about everything.

>Besiege
Engineering only in phyisics glitches, otherwise glorified lego. Everything is too fragile to build legit contraptions with so you have to cheese everything to the n'th degree. Disappointing multiplayer implementation, very style over substance.

>Empyrion
Lego with shit damage/building mechanics.

>Intersteller Rift
Litterally why is this here. No engineering, just megablocks.

>space engineers
Why.

>crossout
Detailed ballistics and building with tetris like parts, part destruction with varying degrees of durability and differences in how certain parts react to damage so you have to build things that are not shit bricks with guns in every direction.

I can go on but really user, just because you don't like a game doesn't mean it doesn't fit in.

Sorry officer, but you're mistaken

It's to increase visibility. If I post quality posts with this trip then it will leave a positive image of us and help ease tensions
in theory

Considering there were RC dragonflies ages ago and the current popularity of drones, I'm surprised there hasn't been any recent camera-holding dragonflies.

>oh, I hate cuckout so much!
>lets do some false flag, this will teach them
There are no tripfags in /egg/, stop derailing you little shit.

Its almost as if you can toggle which posts are (you) with Veeky Forums x. But no, that'd be silly.

(you)

there is only one good /egg/ game and it's google sketch-up

>>>crossout doesn't create OC
It doesn't.
All you get are people discussing meta and chat bullshit.
People stopped posting builds ages ago.

Tripfagging and namefagging aren't allowed unless it's for serb purposes, you fucking faggot.
There shouldn't be an "us" either, you're supposed to play more than one game, the entire point of /egg/ being merged is that the playerbase is the same.

>To increase visibility
What, by letting me filter you and any replies?

>google sketch-up
It's not Google anymore...
And not (((free)).

>People stopped posting builds ages ago.
>ages ago is now 25 mins

Okay.

>one post
The vast majority of crossout posts are meta discussion, and chat bullshit. Not builds.

But where is the engineering beyond slapping armor on top of armor then attaching some wheels to it?

>the playerbase is the same.
Never has been faggot, nice dream though. Empyrion, spengines, beseige, factorio, robocraft ect all have very different player bases within the thread.

But where is the engineering in litterally any of these games that isn't [x] the [y]?

What is engineering?
Engineer don't hurt me

I don't know what to tell you friend, from now on I'm only going to post with this trip until it seems like nobody minds us being here

I know he doesn't post with it much but I consider grilled to be one. It's not like I'm trying to become internet famous

That's your decision to make, but I'd hope you'd give me a chance at first. I'm quite a regular poster before doing this.

I do play other games, my favorite /egg/ was actually corneroids (hence why I complained a few /jej/ ago when it was removed from OP)

Don't do this mang you're gonna attract shitposters like flies.

>grilled
Grilled is okay, because it is bound to just one picture and there are no hot topics or other shitflinging.

And I was a regular poster in /rcg/ when it existed, but I tripfagged for a short while as I attempted to garner interest for the /egg/ 4CC team that technically still exists but has no aesthetics or a true manager, and now that's all my name is known for when I'm not actually playing a game.

What the hell is going on in here /egg/?
Beside this whole mess, is factorio still being hosted?

>Beside this whole mess, is factorio still being hosted?
Does it have a dedicated server manager yet?

I wouldn't know,i haven't been on /egg/ in good 2 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=3AWO2n05SMI
youtube.com/watch?v=cipAS6pS_Z0
youtube.com/watch?v=ydMvUh41494
youtube.com/watch?v=7ehqMz0v9gM
youtube.com/watch?v=4_84UUGbSWo
youtube.com/watch?v=EUnjxftU6r0
youtube.com/watch?v=xF--1XdcOeM

>What the hell is going on in here /egg/?
- [autistic screeching].jpg
- my engineer is bigger than yours
-

>What the hell is going on in here /egg/?
The past few threads have been going downhill and instead of off-topic hard science you get blogging and dramashit and even fucking attempts at ERPing.
People, myself included, are blaming crossout because this started recently and it's the only source of newfags there could be, plus it's casual as fuck compared to other /egg/s.
>Beside this whole mess, is factorio still being hosted?
Occasionally; serb hosts are few and far between

>gmod
>spengies
>gmod
>gmod
>beseige /v/ shitposting
>factorio

Literally the only one out of those that is engineering are the gmod ones and the factorio, and nobody here plays gmod and nobody here can do that in factorio.
>my engineering could beat up your engineering ect

And?

>I don't like Crossout
>They are the source of all my problems
nice argument

Realistically where else could the problems be coming from besides k***niggers and crossout?
I'm assuming the mods are familiar with k***nigger IP ranges, and the response to the niggery that's been going on lately isn't the same, so it must be something else.

This shit's been going on long before August. You fucks allowed erp fagturo fucks come in. I even noticed avartaring furfags in the threads before crossout went open beta.

You found engineering in gmod and factorio, one of which isn't played and other other never happens. Good job.

All I wanted was ACF/Wire combat in gmod but it was always too shit and laggy and the people always too focused on endlessly screeching about rules. Crossout is the closest I've seen to the dream. Even more ideally it would be a robot arena 2 in a modern engine, but not made by retards like RA3. I'm going to go and make cookies with my gf now,
so have fun with your incoming shitposting singularity.

So to switch up the question a bit: Would anyone be interested in playing factorio if it got hosted?

Show your game and the engineering in it.

I'm afraid you picked a bad time to come back friend, there's a lot of hate and needless infighting by some very bigoted posters

I remember that, thanks for your work even though you screwed up and left us with no coach

Well, I'm only returning that which has been flung at us for months now. I don't care if people come to hate me as long as they stop hating Crossout and those that post it

It will be what it will be, I can handle it don't worry

Probably with the right mods, the last couple of serbs were ded because hostman didn't like bobangels autism but jej wanted it.

>WD-40
It's not a FUCKING LUBRICANT YOU CUNT

And Clang said "let there be spaghetti"

Nobody volunteered
Once it got to the part where actual work had to be done, everybody lost interest and I gave up posting about it

WD-40 comes in several flavours user!

youtube.com/watch?v=-iPNsF2Q8QA
youtube.com/watch?v=Nc-GquiIlDM
youtube.com/watch?v=6cPeyOw5FsA

If it fits it sits

We're not talking about that cock in your mouth.

wd40.com/cool-stuff/myths-legends-fun-facts

this
>we wuz /svgg/ an sheeit

Sounds like a better topic than this whole thread

Hey, we got an official dev response about hovers being OP as fuck in races!

>"We're planning to rework the 'Race' mode. Also, we will consider the issue with hovers. Thank you! "

Wait what.

>Also, we will consider the issue with hovers
>we will seriously consider thinking about hovers
>thanks
y-you too

hovers = deleted
enjoy

What do they mean by "consider"?
Will anything happen at all?

what is this color scheme

doyouhaveasinglefacttobackthatup.jpg

It works pretty well when I visit your mom

For what it's worth at least you tried

So what would you prefer, we separate again and make /svgg/ and something else? Would ftd qualify for /svgg/ even though it's not in space? Perhaps just make /vgg/ and we merge with /mcg/?

Feel free to post your engineering.

>we merge with /mcg/?
I'd honestly rather be banned.

>Ctrl+f
>penis
>no results
I'm disappointed

that's the perfect video to use for unlocking that thing as a research in an xcom sort of game

Why? The gregtism pack is actually ok since he cares about things like balance. It's not the best game but at least they're autistic like many of us. I'm sure there's several others in this thread besides me that post in both.

>So what would you prefer
Make your own car combat general

please no tripfagging

user i would if i could. I'm stuck with an old laptop that dies if i try to make anything bigger than a block with two wheels.

yea and they're the ones who came up with the rules that minecraft'd never ever be /egg/

>stealth archers

>White text on eyefuck yellow background

It's the same stuff, it's more like a skin for the bottle ya dingus

/mcg/ has it's own community that's several years older than ours and focuses mostly on architecture and design, most of the faggots that focus on engineering are crossposters anyway but you'd know that if you weren't some sort of filthy kukout refugee.

Is this real life?

>The Mexican scam artist one
Who?

I will when the Crossout hate dies off, don't worry
I do know that, I post regularly in both and mostly play vanilla anyways. It was just a potential suggestion: split /egg/ into voxel based and non voxel based while combining the former with /mcg/ and renaming the latter to something else. /mcg may be willing to reconsider in a situation like this since they'd be combining with the "best" of /egg/. It feels like those that post spengies, ftd, etc would get along with /mcg/ better than they would with us. I could even see us harboring [REDACTED] potentially if they could behave themselves

Crossout was only tolerated because the occasional inane blogpost related to it helped keep the thread bumped. There's too much of it now, and it can and should go support its own thread.

>It feels like those that post spengies, ftd, etc would get along with /mcg/ better than they would with us
>it feels like /egg/ would get along better with /mcg/ than /egg/
What the fuck are you trying to say? Whoever you are, you aren't "us".