Eve Online General - /eog/

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Training 5M of a selection of 20M SP is actually F2P now (as well as the full amount of the already-trained latter). The skills listing is here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/yr1SsqMm

>Focus Group Logs:
focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P
>Daily Alpha Injectors
updates.eveonline.com/

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

>previous thread

>eve online

It's up there with WoW. These are the only 3D MMOs that are seeming worth playing (WoW has some good lore; fun PvP for what it is, though arenas/gamemodes are popular right now; and colorful, entertaining gameplay).

>WoW
>worth playing

they stopped doing focus groups

It's only a problem if you are ban-evading. Phones switch IP's all the time.

What's the best ISK for super cheap?

What's the most fun for 2 accounts?
>logi / ECM burst for the alt

Which easy-entry corp is the least faggy

Looking for nullsec content

>cheap ISK

I need iskies but my GBPs are running low

I have no idea what to do. I want to play EVE so badly but I log in and I need to buy a ship and then figgure out what I want to do. Mining is boring, ratting pays nothing unless I'm in a VNI in null, pvp means I need to find a Fleet because I'm shit tier at finding solo targets. I don't want to join FW again but it was the only thing I could just undock hand have some fun in.

join tengoo

I explo'd to start my account

Important thing is getting into a corp

Yeah that's probably the biggest problem. I used to be a wormholer till my last corp left for null and broke appart. I don't play enough to be in on reliably these days though.

Join a corp in a big null alliance. You'll be able to VNI rat to your heart's content and go on regular PvP fleets.

Tried that, Null just sucks all the fun out of the game for me. For some reason I seem too attached to the hub markets. I don't mind low, wh or hi-sec but once it's null everything becomes about the corp and you get way more autismos.

null is the only place that isn't shit

Can I mine yet? I haven't subbed in like 10 months because I got cloaky camped and all my alts unsubbed.

What happened to zKill's insurance stats?

What were you being camped in?

How much is reasonable for spending real money?

>>pays basically nothing even if I'm in a VNI in null
Fixed. 45M/hr is basically doing a job for $.54/hr.

Have you tried living in high or low solo and getting your PvP jollies in public fleets like bombers bar or spectre?

>no christmas knickknacks
>fireworks are only avilable if you shell out PLEX for them

The fireworks box from the event gave out both the fireworks, the launcher for them, and the lore items.

I don't remember the exact fleets you guys dropped. I remember Panthers.

join all-out

Buy a good boy pass, enjoy shorter post times.

I usually jump in spectre fleets if I get the chance but sometimes they're only on obscene hours for me because lol AUTZ.

>get hotdropped
>unsub for a year

Camped for a month unable to do the only thing I enjoyed in the game* Unironically there wasn't a reason to stay subbed. Highsec was super mined out too. I looked into mining in lowsec but it seemed like it wasn't worth it.

wormhole mining?

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Hotdropping Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Warp Away

I remember talking to someone in /v/bros about the idea of mining in like a low class wormhole but I remember him saying that there's no way I'd be able to hold it or defend myself.

if it's a c1 with a low or null static you should be able to

but then again I don't know if class of wormhole relates to the value of minerals, kind of like how PI doesn't care about class of wormhole

I think they have null ore. The most important thing is that they're respawning anomalies.

It's the same. ABCS and M all spawn. The class of the wormhole just determines how big the fields are. C6's have fields with 5 bill or more per anom.

Do drifter NPCs fuck with you while you're mining in wormhole anoms like with k-space belts/anoms?

Alright I'm keen for a meme. How do I hit up All-out?

Depends. Some will have light resistance you can slap with light drones, some will have towers that are a little tankier and the bigger ones will have the fuck you sleepers who are worth killing themselves for the blues.

I think with a proper mining fleet sleepers wouldn't be a problem since you can kill sleepers with Dominix's. A proper mining fleet is 50 drones and procs are like as tanky as battleships anyways.

>smallest 1920x1080 resolution width is 1026(x732)
>these UI minimum sizes for windows

is brave pussies?

Join chat channel doomedfromthestart

?

How's solo bombing / torpedos?

ABCS ?
M ?

I'm not familiar with what that means

It's very niche. I do it a lot and the only stuff you're guaranteed to kill are mining barges and t1 industrials. The poor application on the torpedoes makes you deal very little damage to anything smaller than a battlecruiser and SBs have very little tank, so unless you catch someone by surprise while they're already weak or otherwise unable to combat you it's typically a losing battle. Most of my kills have been Retrievers, Covetors, t1 indies, and an occasional ratting destroyer.

Arkonor, Bisot, Crokite, Spodumain and Mercoxit.

not a thing, don't train for it if you don't know what youre doing

Any chances of decent engagements for this?

>mids

yeah in lowsec. drop the burst aerator for 2 hull rigs or falloff rigs desu

>desu

>hek

Solo bombing is a stupid meme, but people get kills on things that happebn to be MWDing around on grid and don't know/have time to switch prop off as bomb approaches.
Bombers in waves used to wreck BS fleets, which nobody does anymore. A wave of void bombs to switch off tank and logi, then 2 or 3 waves of damage bombs to delete fleet.
Fountain war was the last BS flock i ever saw.
Solo torp bomber can kill BS ratters if he knows when the ratter's tank is most pressured by rats, decloaks, points and if he's lucky the ratter is a shitter who fatfingers and dies.
My procurer had 12 killmarks on it last time i repackaged it for moving. Mostly solo torp bombers and a couple of svipuls that thought: tee hee miners are weak.
Proc can tank and kill 3BS rat spawns, once i did a drone combat site in a proc just to see if i could.
Torp bomber needs to know his engagement profile, a big gang of torp bombers can fuck a marauder or a carrier.

who /playsevebecausesuicidal/ here?

not me

tfw no qt 95" monitor to play this game on

how can you tell if you can dock at a station in null or not. i have some assets left over and unsure if it's worth going out and getting them

additionally, is there any way to list your assets in market if you can't dock at the station?

>rage xl torpedo

>He doesn't exclusively fit undersized missile launchers with precision missiles to meme on Frigates in a cruiser.

>he doesn't blob with rlml caracals to meme on everything
Reminder that you having skill is meaningless :)

Can destroyers do anything else beside "anti-frigate" or is it their only thing? I'm new to the game and I'm not sure if I should invest in destroyers. What are the good ones I should try first?

corax

Suicideganks are done mostly with catalysts.

>sucides
>pvp

It is pvp. It may not be your preferred style, but still is.

They are (often) DPS ships.
They combine cost effectiveness of frigate with usually twice as high DPS.
You can usually use them as ghetto salvagers or neutters or such with their high number of high slots, though cap warfare is usually done better by the ships specialized in that sort of thing (though Dragoon is designed for precisely this role)

Oh yeah, missile destroyers are a bit of a different beast from the others. Talwars in particular are fairly useful low-cost fleet ships.

there is only one missile destroyer

Are you saying corax is rocketboat?

there is no corax

Oh ye forgot to mention that I personally don't like destroyers too much.
There are few stand out ones but generally getting the Racial Destroyer V feels pretty bad as an investment over Frigate or Cruiser skill because of the small number of benefiting ships.
Like on Amarr I feel the destroyer options are decent but it's just 5 ships.
Frigate on the other hand is 16 ships + pirate ships and even Cruisers clock in at 12 ships + pirate variants.
Coercer is nice ship, but ultimately it's just a DPS ship so nothing special
Dragoon is pretty unique as neuts and drones are quite rare on the smaller ships
Pontifex is a command destroyer I don't really like, I would rather use the BC sized command ship over this
Heretic is Interdictor which I mean can be pretty useful, though I would again rather have some HIC's instead.

T3 dessies are pretty weird and I don't really like them too much myself but if you into them I could see them being attractive options for lot of folk

>zero game knowledge and retarded opinions: the post

huh

Wouldn't covering your spaceship in heavy armor be basically the dumbest thing you could do in real space?

religious people aren't known for smarts

Having a space ship is the first mistake you can do in real space fights as of current understanding

>Finished Amarr Battleship Level V

Navy Apoc with tachyons is now within your grasp

>wow i can fly shit maruder and shit blops now

you wont be laughing when a fat archon sits on your face

but in a multi planet or star scenario there would have to always be ships in space and I bet eventually at least some of those ships will be armed

>napoc
>not nightmare or nestor

>apocalypse navy issue

In our universe planetary lasers and missiles are end all be all weapon systems. There is no need to arm any individual ships except with missiles and even then you don't put in any crew just more missiles in box launchers.
The only real armaments ships might need is against pirate level threats.

In EVE universe the way the propulsion works actually makes heavy armors viable and lot more self consistent that some other space themed fantasy or fiction
Ships in EVE don't move using newtonian force so weight is secondary concern. The only real inconsistency is the weapon systems as one would almost neccessarily dominate (either Lasers or Missiles). Hybrid turrets are just bad railguns and railguns are just bad missiles.
Something like an autocannon could be useful against fighters or drones but the usefulness of fighters in itself is questionable as the difference between a drone and a missile is only technical in the specs drones would need to have to be functional

>hybrid turrets
You mean blasters? Please tell me how bad they are when a Vindi is melting your face at grappler range.

I was talking in lore.
And ye meant specially blaster as bad railguns and artillery and autocannons are the same thing in space and they are both worse than railguns except for CIWS

>You mean blasters? Please tell me how bad they are when a Vindi is melting your face at grappler range.

>Vindi
>grappler

I just used that as an example. Nobody said anything about actually fitting one.

>his railguns don't shoot missiles

Technically, they do. They're just ballistic, inertial and unguided.

>his railguns don't shoot guided missiles

Giving a missile extra push in launch might be viable, but that's not really the point I was trying to make.
I

Missile needs to be able to adjust trajectory, it's a rocket if it's unguided but self propelled.
All missiles are projectiles though

Unless you use the old english term for missile which is just projectile

Isn't this what missile rigs do?

anyone?

structure browser window will tell you but it's only for the region you're in

>top MMOs 1/3rd *

>World of Tanks
>League of Legends
>Dota 2

>MMO