/2hug/ - Touhou General - 83

Previous thread: New Year's eve edition

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway.

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin.
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5, 15.5: Fighting games.

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd (embed)

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v3!
tasofro.net/touhou155/download.html

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>PoFV and Soku Netplay Guide!
imgur.com/a/ZCGuE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm (embed)

Touhou is a video game.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!I00SHICB!daKwFsECbyBc2iaoR_bAEP306VEhtH87TkvPVea7bJ8
doujingravity-remaster.blogspot.ca/2014/02/touhou-houkyoutabi.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Previous thread:
Actually

>Not updating the OP with the link for AoCF
mega.nz/#!I00SHICB!daKwFsECbyBc2iaoR_bAEP306VEhtH87TkvPVea7bJ8

100% guaranteed way to stop Touhou 's recline into death
make more stage 6 bosses playable.

>Remilia
Playable
>Yuyuko
Playable
>Kaguya
not playable
>Eiki
not playable
>Kanako
not playable
>Okuu
Playable
>Byakuren
Playable
>Miko
Playable
>Shinmyoumaru
Playable
>Junko
not playable
>Okina
not playable

>Eiki
>not playable

Now that Perfect Possession is a thing, we need another main game with pairs like IN.
We could have classics like Sakuya+Remi and new pairs like Orin+Okuu or Shou+Naz

Then you release that thing on Steam and ZUN suddenly has enough money to purchase another brewery

My bad
PoFV is so shit I almost forgot to include it

We need her to be playable again! In a main game of course!

>remembers the final boss
>"I forgot"
Nah, you just never beat Extra.

>Yuyuko is technically the only Stage 1 boss that was at one point playable

We need more games with playable Stage 1 bosses

Please do not disrespect the hardworking yama

Shion is cute.

Is there one of all the stage 5 bosses?

hello blue moko

shion should get her own slot, her use is very situational, and there's next to no reason for her to be at all when you use joon as slave, since her only practical use is as a charged bullet, and even if it lands, you cant use her haunt since you dont have the occult move
Even from all the people that I've fought online that used joon as their master, they barely used her

Guess we'll have to wait on the next fightan and see if Wriggle somehow makes it, seeing as how everyone except for her and Kaguya managed to swooce right into later titles after being considered and not chosen/scrapped for Soku.

This game is so fun holy shit.

Anyways since I was too low on health to go in the newly accessible dungeon, I talk to Eirin to heal up, and using the mushroom I got from Marisa, she teaches Sakuya how to use the Mushroom Bomb, it's a very handy little tool that does a lot of damage for so little MP cost.

>we need another main game with pairs like IN.
Oh god yes, Okina+Marisa to mirror Yukari+Reimu would be absolutely perfect. Hell, Reisen+Mokou sounds fun too and of course there's the CP+Cirno meme.

What game?

It's called Toho Treasure Hunt, get it here. The game is quite hard but it's pretty addicting.

doujingravity-remaster.blogspot.ca/2014/02/touhou-houkyoutabi.html

Red Yuuka > Blue Moko

Would you

Yuuka > Red Yuuka

Mokou Mokou > Blue Mokou > Yuuka = Red Yuuka

All those are trash.

Thought I was done for but Akyuu has conveniently been placed right before our first dungeon.

Reminds me of the time I had my first Touhou related dream when I was playing LoLK.

>There's already a Megaman Marisa game
>There's still no Super Hourai "partners" game

YOU are trash

Dun Dun Duuuun!

Also this soundtrack is fucking awesome, if it's not on YouTube I'll upload it there once I'm done with this game.

There's a super mario RPG Touhou though, apparently it's pretty good. 15 buckaroos too.

I want ISC2 to feature Tenko and Shion and I want Seija to become irrelevant!
That's a thicc Mokou

>There's a super mario RPG Touhou though, apparently it's pretty good.

Isn't that the game where the dev gave all the 2hus have massive tits?

Boss time, it looks like were gonna fight the master trickster herself, but I'll play it safe and AFK till the meter is up to 1000.

Yeah, it looks fun though. I'd love to play it with you guys too when I get it.

How can Seija be irrelevant in her own game?

>That's a thicc Mokou
I mean, there has to be a reason why she wears those baggy-looking pants, right? She doesn't want to be eye raped and molested.

this is correct.

Just make the next ISC about them instead of Seija
Mokou is so pure nobody would ever dare to do such a lewd thing to her.

I feel like a fucking idoit.

Turns out you have a regular knife slash that doesn't use any ammunition at all, now this game is even more fucking fun.

>Just make Seija's game about some shitty characters instead
?

Lunarian scum btfo.

Every other 2hu >>>>>>>>>>>> Mokou

Tenko is shit but Shion has potential.

>Blue Moco
>Potential

>Tewi
>Lunarian
user...
Any other opinion >>>>>>> Your opinion

My opinion >>>>>>>>>>>> Your opinion

nou

After defeating Teh Wee and collecting one of the ingredients needed for the potion, the game transports you back to Eirin's place. After some brief dialogue with her and Reisen I can put 2 points into one of my stats, I already put one in strength, I think I'll put another one in strength too. More raw damage the better.

Gomenasai user, I confused Lunarian for Moon Rabbit.

Blue Mokou a best

You idiot, Tewi is an earth rabbit youkai.

>Tewi
>Moon Rabbit

user are you okay?

Good titties as well

he straight up admitted he's never read any print work. He's secondary as fuck.

I found a frog but I can't seem to interact with it in any way.

Brb Gensokyo

No user I 1cc'd almost every 2hu game with you guys! Don't revoke my primary status.

Hit her

>alice, inchling, and green flandre having breasts
it's haram

fact: everyone from the moon is cute.
including Eirin

Ohayo!

What game?

Super touhou RPG. Something along those lines

Love her!

>Hijiri: I make the disciples do all the cooking, cleaning, and laundry by telling them it's for their training. It's all to make life easier for me.
How will buddhismfags ever recover?

So where's the flowers part in antimony of common flowers?

Doesn't Miko do the same?

Dream Miko just wants to make Gensokyo great again by murdering the imperfections
Now that's a spiritual leader I can get behind

Turns out there was this place you had to make a jump on, in order to make that jump you had to switch to Reisen, yeah you can also play as Resien I just found out. I found Sir-no shortly after, maybe she can do something with that frog now.

DELETE THIS

The newhus are based on some flowers they tought they were the same or something

Reisen and Sakuya convince Sir-no to let them learn the freeze spell from her, you use this spell to freeze the frog and lay the frog on a switch to proceed in this dungeon.

In this dungeon there are some interesting looking Lunarians, I mean Moon Rabbits, I mean Earth Rabbits. Wish Reisenanon were here to see this.

Finally back home from Christmas. 15.5 looking rad, anyone done netplay yet?
I could also post my 2hu related gift to myself is anyone wanted to see it, haven't broken into the box yet.

And the boss of this floor is a Robot bune, fancy that. Akyuu was just behind the door to let me save so it figures anyway there'd be a boss here.

Welcome back user, did you have a great Christmas?

That said, open that gift, I wanna know what it is.

Whoops I used the wrong image but that's still kinda relevant I guess

>reading theories on Maribel's connection to Yukari and all of the shady stuff around Yukari
Does Touhou actually have the deepest lore? It damn well seems like it

It's deep, bur that depth is unexplored. It's like the ocean; You've got all kinds of monstrosities down there that we know about, but there's a fuckload of unexplored hell pits down there that may yet still be full of any number of Leviathans.

I'm pretty sure ZUN just pulls shit out of his ass that somehow magically works. If you were back in 2004 the moon would probably be at the bottom of the list of "places where the final boss could be from"

Yeah, a ton of fun with family
Jesus Christ Imgur is being a pain in the ASS today
but here it is
I got it shipped from NIPON, I have a few figures from set 1 (Kaguya, Komachi, Flandre,A broken reimu ;_;) But thee figures are super cute and I couldn't resist

Fuck me, if only I had the money for importing and didn't have to hide it all the time anyway to avoid powerlevel exposure because those are fucking CUTE.

super cute, here is the yukari I set up
The small parts can be hard to deal with but I think they are really nice, not super elaborate and I'm a sucker for cutesy shit

>komachi

People still care about the subordinate?

What's Mokou doing alone on a mountain like this?

Looking pretty fucking cute user, glad to hear you also had some quality time with friends and family.

Post the broken Reimu one if you don't mind, I'm curious to see the damages/

Oh god uh i'd have to snap a picture of her, I'm honestly tired AF but its the reimu for the first set and her little stick is broken
also detailed undies

Is it me or is Mokou's posture awfully wrong here?

It's perfectly okay user, you should rest when you're tired. Good night dude.

ops forgot pick

>Reimu's Last Word background color is purple
>Yukari's Last Word background color is red and plays almost exactly the same way
ZUUUUN.

Marry Sue

Also anyone know where to get the sound effect for when lily white appears on the stage in 9?

Gonna set that as your ringtone?

Uhhh, put it on a soundboard
though close enough

spell the place Youmu and Yuyuko live and cherry blossom tree off the top of your head without looking up the proper spelling
Haguyokorou
saigoakayashi

Merry sue?

Well I'm also tired AF too so I can't really help you, But there's a program that'll let you extract data from the Touhou games including the sound effects, it's on the wiki I believe.

doooooooope i'll look it up thanks

Hakugyakurou
Saigyouakashi

hagakyou saikarashi

Hayai
Subarashii

am i close?

Glad I could help dude.

Will the Hakurei shrine ever not be in poverty?

No. the moment it becomes financially stable is the moment 2hu dies

Hagukayarou Ayakashi
Saigyouji Yuyuko