I left /pol/ because they continually make up bogus "facts" and never listen to any form of reason and just call you a...

I left /pol/ because they continually make up bogus "facts" and never listen to any form of reason and just call you a cuck. What is the culture like here when it comes to discussing historical events and theories?

Just lurk, my dude.

Will do, I just want some intelligent discussion and not "KEK WILLS IT", or "GTFO KEK", because they can't handle intelligent discussion in their safe space. If I bring up anything about Soviet Russia or even Imperial Russia, I just get called a commie.

"For she was wild and young, and he was old, And deemed himself as like to be a cuckold."

Please, we have enough cucks here already.

I just want intelligent discussion where people aren't sucking trump's cock constantly.

Real /pol/ understands that trump was simply the lesser of two evils and is more than likely a cuck.

>Real /pol/

I guess real /pol/ must be somewhere other than Veeky Forums.org/pol/ then.

I'll save you the suspense, it's a lot better here. I left /pol/ for the same reason.

I mean, I'm not gonna lie, it's still Veeky Forums, lots of stupid shit gets posted here every day, but there aren't too many outright conspiracy theorists here (holocaust deniers etc), and it's less of an echo chamber than /pol/ so if you have a slightly different perspective on something, most likely you'll be one of several people like that in the thread and an actual discussion about the topic will ensue. No guarantees it'll be a smart discussion, you might still write a meticulously-sourced post and have some guy respond with some clearly bullshit myth that falls apart after five seconds of googling, but it's better than going against the grain and having all the replies be either
>fuck off CTR shill
or people just putting (((three parens))) around whatever website you used as a source and calling it a day.

Also, a tip for the future, people really love the Holy Roman Empire on here, so it helps to post about it a lot. To fit in you want to make at least one thread about it per day. Some examples of good posts might be
>Which empire was the most "imperial", and why was it the HRE?
or
>ITT: We rank which empires had the most effective governments. I'll start:
>1. HRE

Sometimes you can find real gems on topics that /pol/ can't infest. Otherwise it's a shitty /rel/ board, /pol/ laughably trying to join in on discussions or commies making everything about class.

Still my favourite board even if I waste all my time on it debating /pol/fags.

I just realized that most posts on Veeky Forums are just anons saying that this board is better than /pol/

I've noticed that nost threads here will get a handful of responses and then they die, hard.

you might wanna try out reddit.

There's not a single good thread up right now. People only talk in memes.

I'm a history major, and at the moment I'm writing a paper on witches. And when I made three threads about it in the past month or so, they were all pruned without more than 4 replies. Same shit happened last semester when I was writing about pagan religions, and nobody here had any idea what I was talking bout. I was even called a heathen

>What is the culture like here when it comes to discussing historical events and theories?
lots of memes

>I study things that don't exist for a living

Yeah, amazing no one is taking u srs, wtf

keep lurking newfag and you will be fine

>that 21st century mind

You must think people from the past were really stupid

Most of the people here lurk pol but still condemn it anytime a pol like subject is brought up.

I myself am a refugee from pol, as the level of civil discourse is much better here. Plus I'm a history buff. I usually only check pol for happenings and occasionally hilarious menes and shit posting.

This is a more serious board, (though you'll still have to wade through bait threads and rigid stupidity) but for the most part it's all around the best board on Veeky Forums imo. It's just slow a lot of the time

Threadly reminder.

It suffers a bit from nationalist dickwaving oneliners
>kratus, destroyers of europe
>evil, perfidious anglo
>slavshits
>all people who say anything bad about germany are french or slavs

Honestly, just steer clear of any thread that you could immagine being on /int/ and you'll have a much better time. I suggest you check out the book club.

>This is a more serious board
I'M sorry but did you elect a president? That's right you didn't.

I left /pol/ a long time ago because that board became /b/ 3.0. Veeky Forums is not an echocmaber of memes, unlike /pol/. I like this place a lot more.

The methodology here is great.
>Waaa waaa why did my favourite empire fell, I bet the Jews did this
>DAE Nazis were the stronkest and had the best aesthetic

Basically it's /pol/ but more pedantic.

>Muh boogeyman

>What is the culture like here when it comes to discussing historical events and theories?
Exactly the same.

Meta threads and blogging aren't Veeky Forums related.

Get the fuck out and kill yourself you cuck.

that is legitimately disappointing; I'd love to hear what you would have to say about everything you mentioned

guess it's everyone elses' loss

If you get your facts wrong you will be torn to pieces. However nothing is ever for certain in history so you will always have people claiming Hannibal was black and such things. It was possible he was black, more likely he was a med like most people in North Africa, but apparently some people treat it like a pick and mix, as long as there was at least a 1/1000000 chance of him being black they will claim it is an absolute certainty he was black. Likewise they will demand infinite standards of proof if you claim he was a med.

/pol/ is slowly creeping into this board, soon it will take over I think.
It's a shame, we should have kept our guard up like we did when this board was first founded.

Doubt it, since there are lots of discussion where arguments are backed up with sources.

I'm seeing more and more blatantly /pol/ type posts everyday. Maybe they won't take over, but their presence is growing.

And they get btfo'd constantly. Some posts maybe retarded, but dicussions themselves are still solid for the most part.

>they get BTFO'd because we leave the threads

you don't win by walking away honeypot

>Muh boogeyman
It's literally written clear as day.

>shit in the water supply
>this culture deserves respect, they r just like us

Pls tho

>shit in the water supply

literally half the planet still does that

You must be new because I've seen /pol/tards getting btfo countless times. Too bad they ignore all arguments.

>but it's better than going against the grain and having all the replies be either
>>fuck off CTR shill

>post that Castro sucked in an obit thread
>"fuck off American shill!"