/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

ded edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/40

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0
>Gloria Sinica : available on the steam store.¨
Warning : mostly negative reviews

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/chronicles-of-might-and-magic
youtube.com/watch?v=Ie76X9EAHik
moddb.com/mods/victory-dab/images/just-a-tiny-bit-of-the-fun-you-will-have-with-these-dabs2#imagebox
strawpoll.me/14728040
youtube.com/watch?v=BQh2RBg-eOw
youtube.com/watch?v=kcnvmqypPk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you marry male claimants in Dickplomacy?

What about marriage overall in terms of female player?
What kind of lord to gun for? Someone with plenty of fiefs?

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

>Still can't rape saxon women in VC.
you can cuck lords though

Does anyone have a blank banner for VC?
I tried using pic related but it looked too much out of place.

>Mount&Blade is a complex, refined videogame for cultured intellectuals and people of fine taste.

What about that Dynasty Warriors mod?

post mod where I can use magic to deal with my every problem

Defiently CoMM.

Most OP mod regarding magic. A single character with high enough INT can completely destroy an enemy army, and that's without counting the spellcasters you can recruit.
It can even be used inside Tournaments to completely chseese the game.

moddb.com/mods/chronicles-of-might-and-magic

>people find this comment funny

CURRENT
YEAR

does anybody know of any mods that have chariots? what about chariots with multiple charioteers?

I have low fps on some maps with forrest what should I turn off to improve it?
I tried turning off shadows and grass onthing happened

Actually, The Wedding Dance for the original M&B had them.

>original M&B

>only way to get this is by defeating and capturing halfdan ragnarsson, the king of northumbria, and taking it off of him
at least it looks good

LIterally one of the best mods is for the original M&B so you can start to shut the fuck up.

How do you get the horn?

Can you use it like in:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ie76X9EAHik

I have never been able to find one.

you can buy them if you have the submod installed
yeah you can use them, i don't know if they actually do anything in SP battles though
in MP they heal a little bit of health of everyone in the vicinity but there's a cooldown period between horn blows

So if i want to conquer the whole fucking Calradia, what kind of troops should my troop trees (CTT+Dickplo) be?

I had thought of making 3tiered with the typical heavy infantry+archers+cavalry but after capturing few castles for a claimant i wonder if it might just be better or atleast less jarring to have single troop-line of Huscarl++ type of Infantry...

you missed my point
I meant that literally no one is playing original mb nowadays

well people would since there are some mods that never got ported
you've also got retards who unironically believe the original did anything better than warband

swadian knights

It's shit.

>Besieging Reyvadin
>all my troops are inside the small watch tower, trying to battle the enemies on the small doorway
>no one thinks of circling around
>use commands to "circle around" aka set part of my troops to follow me
>get them to charge on the enemies below
>half of them charge, the rest backpedal all the way back to the tower like idiots
>get killed due to enemy troops spawning on top of me

The game closest to realistic in this regard is Pillars of Eternity. Armor has damage resistance (DR) just like in Fallout, except unlike Fallout it's all it does (DR only, no AC). He heavier/fuller the armor the more DR you get but also different types have different strengths and weaknesses, i.e. Plate has 12 base DR but 15 DR vs pierce & slash but only 6 DR vs shock damage (somehow they forgot to make it weak to blunt too). Mail has 9 base armor but a massive 14 DR vs slashing but for some retarded reason only 5 vs crushing.

So the concept is there, they just don't apply the DR numbers consistently. So if you attack someone with full plate with a normal bow, you basically can't do more than 0 damage to them.

anyone tried to convert 1866 to warband?

yes
it doesn't work

Why bother when we have GABRILDURO's!

So the most essential mod is Floris but is there a mod that makes the AI act less like a bunch of retards who will keep throwing thousands and thousands of soldiers on you the moment you conquer their castle, ignoring all peace offers and ignoring all other factions just to punish you?

I think there's a way to polish it a little

but you installed floris dude you should be set

>So the most essential mod is Floris
Stopped reading there.

Ryeally? that's how my English teacher used to pronounce "really"

moddb.com/mods/victory-dab/images/just-a-tiny-bit-of-the-fun-you-will-have-with-these-dabs2#imagebox

strawpoll.me/14728040

Reposting because I'm the first one to vote for the Khanate, what the hell?

>Kingdom of Vaegirs 0

>want to play 1866
>original mb keeps crashing for some reason
>never got ported to Warband because of Gabby
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

I would punch him, but I don't want to get the stupid.

I'm a Vaegir guy since mountainblade beta and I can admit they kinda suck.
I mean, low to mid-tier Vaegir units are just waste of space compared to other factions. If they wouldn't be so easy and cheap to level up, Vegirs would be completely trash.

>this face
>vaegir
>varg
hmmmmmmmm

at least they aren't n*rds

what a nice mexican city

because they're copypasted from swadia and talelords never bothered reworking them

>stop using shields

Give hime a nickname /mbg/

El Compadre Güero.

loco bandito

el pumpo

jésus

original mb has only 2 flaws
>no horse hp bar
>fov

packin' pedro

Animations are a bit shit too desu, feels weird as fuck to go back after playing WB
Still worth it for mods like 1866 tho

Holy shit duels in 1866 are just muy bien

enraged enrique

What are some conversion mods actually worth playing?

pissed off pedro

1866_ ___ _______

They aren't actually half bad at taking certain castles/towns, just got to hope for the kind with either siege towers or those wider ladders and no pantsu on head retarded pathfinding issues.

>They aren't actually half bad at taking certain castles/towns

>troops with no shields
>taking castles

the absolute state of vaegir

El Gringo Grande

sick motherfucker
I bet he was a jew

It makes me laugh to think that some monk sat down and drew this

That's why i said half bad, they are better than Khershits at it due to bardiches+overall better at melee but obviously i'd take Huscarls or Swadian Knights anyday over them but they have their uses.

G-GUYS I SOMEHOW THINK THAT BANNERLORD MAY NOT BE RELEASED ON 2017

they still have time

I remember thinking it might be released in 2015

I fucking hate this place

have faith user

>24 hours to 2018
>bannerlord still unrealesed
>you still alive
I want to get off the ride

I don't get it, are we supposed to feel pity for that 16 year old roastie? CIA guy is really funny.

Will you be able to play as The Bannerlord in the next M&B?

Will you be able to fuck pure steppe waifus in the next M&B?

>khergits
>good from a gameplay perspective
They're one of my favourite factions, but they're absolute trash gameplay wise

I looked up the guy's handle and he got suspended, but the mother was trying to get famous off her daughter's death and made like 100 tweets asking for retweets and followers and shit
fug is wrong with normalfags

>are we supposed to feel pity for that 16 year old roastie?
Where do you think we are

wtf does "gameplay perspective" means?
the most versatile? the easiest? the most fun?

Which one works the best.

can you raze and pillage manually in bannerlord?

will new update change shitty troop trees?

>it's real

Is there anyway to make playing on this difficulty fun? Having to spend hours retraining half my army after every a battle with anything other than a pack a bandits is just so fucking tedious, but playing on anything lower just feels like cheating. I get that playing on the hardest difficulty should be hard, but it just feels so unfair especially when the AI can rebuild its army 100x faster than you unless you literally spending 100 hours """"preparing""" for the rest of the game by establishing a stable income.

If you started off as a lord (or even a peasant hero), then this wouldn't be nearly as tedious.

Get high surgery on yourself or on a companion to reduce fatalities in battle
Use better tactics/pick your opponents better/git gud to avoid deaths
Build a solid core of elite units instead of a bunch of trash that will easily die
>I get that playing on the hardest difficulty should be hard,
Nah sadly it's easy as fuck, it's ok to have campaign AI on normal instead of good because it's kinda bullshit. It doesn't just buff the AI, it actually nerfs your allied AI iirc.

surgery/trainer on every companion, you won't lose as many men and even if you do it's not a big deal.

Alright alright, I'll stop crying a git gud

>lance control: automatic

make that shit manual, trust me

This bald man says they're the strongest faction in M&B that give him the most trouble

youtube.com/watch?v=BQh2RBg-eOw

Easton is an MPfag

If you consider all aspects, Sarranids are objectively the best faction (as expected from a game made by terrorists).

They are basically Swadians without the weaknesses of Swadia. Their Mamlukes are clearly superior to Swadian Knights. They have way more blunt weapons than Swadia for prisoner capture. Their infantry is meh (just like Swadia) but their throwing weapon spam makes them like ghetto Huscarls. Their archers are the best archers in the game, fuck the "Vaegir are good at something!" meme - Sarranid have less range but far better armor.

On top of that, they don't have the main weakness of Swadia - being surrounded by literally every other faction in the game. Sarranids face only Khergits (who are easily raped by Sarranids early), Rhodoks (who pose absolutely no threat to Sarranids) and Swadia.

Literally the only reason why they're not on the top of that poll is because of Rhodok memes and anti-sand people butthurt. I voted for them 3 times myself.

i prefer the original stiff attack animations over warband's ones

idk guess im just autistic

>Sarranids are objectively the best faction (as expected from a game made by terrorists).
The T*rks self-insert as their turanic brothers the Khergits though.

Khergit National Anthem:
youtube.com/watch?v=kcnvmqypPk0

notice how completely delusional they are