/hbg/ - Homebrew General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
>Switch
[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a 34c3 lecture. youtube.com/watch?v=dFLF9SY0Jgs
>Wii
[Dec 13] Flashax, a web browser entrypoint, has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/491674
>PS4
[Dec 14] 5.03 released. wololo.net/2017/12/14/ps4-update-5-03-released

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/
xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Category:DLC_Missions
gamefaqs.com/ds/933086-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-justice-for-all/saves
switchbrew.github.io/34c3-slides/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/

reminder blah blah

someone post their vita tai config. fucked up mine

Why hasn't anyone been talking about fastboot3ds? A new bootloader that isn't trannyware, has a lot of customization options, and has more relevant features than just using godmode9 seems like /hbg/'s dream tool. Plus d0k3's track record is great.

Why would they go as far as to bring gamecube controller compatibility for the Switch in the 4.0.0 update then?

because when there's a new smash it spares them people whining it doesn't work with gamecube controllers

I really doubt that's the only reason, especially after that Doshin the Giant image.

is there any reason to stay on PS4 4.71?

as of right now, no. who knows when a later exploit will come out but you should only update if you absolutely need to.

okay.
I barely play my PS4 (I've owned it for over a year now and only played BB on it) but I kinda wanted to try the Monster Hunter beta.

>tfw finally installed nonpdrm after not touching my Vita since Maidumps became a thing
>changed the config text, downloaded NPS browser, and updated Vita Shell finally
>go to download Dragon Quest Builders as a test game to see if it worked
>says installation was complete
>refreshed the database
>check the live area
>nothing was installed

What a fucking meme

Instead of having multiple pastebins why not just throw everything in the wiki?

my friend borrowed me his Wii U asking me to "hack it" for him like I did with his 3DS
but is it even worth it if he can't play the pirated games online from what I understood in the pastebin?

Is it possible to only transfer just a single account/NNID from one Wii U to another?

Want to homebrew my Wii U but it's on 5.5.2. I've read that the browser exploit for this version is unreliable but my browser's version is 4.3.2.11274 is this just the version for 5.5.2 or am I retarded.

Just do it. It worked for me. It did take several tries, but like less than 30 minutes for sure. You'll be fine. Spend the $7 on Brain Age or Big Brain Academy so you can actually do shit without the browser after you get your foot in the door.

This happened to me too, not sure where it's breaking.

Yea I guess that's probably what I'm going to have to do. Thanks user.

works on my machine

>hacked wii u = 24gb of free space
>xenoblade chronicles x = 19.5gb
>dlc = 10.2gb

the DLC is for disc versions, it's the objects, textures ect installed onto the system memory so they'll load faster.

nvm, I'm retarded

whats a good price for a used switch? are there any third party docks as well? just wanna get one for cheap and throw it in a drawer until homebrew

What exactly makes you think that a used switch will not be updated?

So is 4.05 confirmed to be the equivalent of 3.55? Do I have to buy a PS4 now?

I've got two O3DS and one 2DS which I've hacked which I'd like to sell, however when I tried to sell them on eBay, Nintendo flagged it and it was taken down.

I want sell them to people who would appreciate them (I already have 3DSes which I've hacked for myself), but eBay doesn't seem to be the best bet. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to sell them? Should I keep trying eBay and risk it being taken down by Nintendo once again, or try some other sales platform (craigslist, etc)? Or possibly even here? I'm open to suggestions.

I've also hacked six PSPs and seven Wii which I'd like to sell off as well...

Nobody's going to talk about PC Link for the Vita?
Been testing if since yesterday and it's a great alternative to Moonlight or it will be,
because it's stil an early beta and has some problems and limitations

Too bad my PC is fucking shit and it lags so badly, but I'm really looking forward to future updates.

Plus, the guy behind this is also working on a 'port' of DayZ for the Vita.

Thank god someone is finally doing some cool homebrews for the Vita.

Not him, I got lucky and bought a used one for $240 a month ago, was on 3.0. Lucky me.

You're lucky as fuck, the guy must've not touched it for a while. The thing will download updates automatically by default and nag you to update every time you start a game, one wrong button press and it's done.

Facebook marketplace/craigslist. The reliability of both depends on your area. Nintendo seems to have picked up on the modded ebay ones lately. Ebay will revoke your selling privileges for a while each time they take one down. You can usually sell them if you don't say "free games, buy me" or "modded".

so i dont need it then?
i dont remember if what i downloaded was extra missions, costumes or anything like that

>doesn't need nvidia
neat

xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Category:DLC_Missions

On PS3 there is no way of making DLC intended for one region (NA) work with a game from another region (EUR), is there? I'm looking at you Metal Gear Rising...

So renpdrm + restore means what exactly? I happen to have 2 physical games, and for example world of final fantasy was shit bc all the voice acting was available only as day one patch, which didnt work (gane says theres an update available, downloads update but cant apply it). With this new stuff will I be able to finally update these games? (Other one is dragons crown, will i be able to play it online eith these?)

Question pertains to PSN content btw - so .pkg files.

Me again, does this sound like it might work? I mean I'm sure it's not guaranteed to but rather on a case-by-case basis. Just wondering whether that dude is full of it and it's worth even trying to do that:

>you dont need to convert the region, I am using dead space 3 BLUS dlc on my BLES game, just install the dlc package an copy it from the ps3 via a ftp, copy the usrdir from the dlc pkg, now install your version of the game's update now take the eboot from that, then copy via ftp the usrdir you copy'd earlier accross then add your versions eboot. start the game and your done.

You don't need renpdrm to do what you want to do.

You'll need NoNpDrm, though. I'm guessing you can't download the FF update because you haven't installed NoNpDrm.

And yes, you'll be able to play online with any game.

Should I buy a pstv?

If it's cheap, sure.

Ok so thanks for your answer. Now i can access the sote, but the updates still wont apply themselves, they download, on the top right corner they show up as waiting to install, but when i choose them they just launch the game and nothing happens, they stay there as waiting to install.. what am i doing wrong

Anyone? Is this a common error with other games or with Multiman itself?

i bought a used 3ds years ago and it was on 4.2 or what fw i needed at the time, exactly. i asked the seller beforehand of course. was in perfect condition too. a lot of people are just dummies that impulse buy shit when its on a sale and dont touch it or get it gifted to them and dont use it

That's weird. It's a NoNpDrm game? If so, I'd suggest to reinstall it again.
If it's a vpk or a Mai game, you won't be able to update it throught the livearea, so this could be the problem.

Also, in case you don't know this, keep in mind that if the update needs 3.61+, you won't be able to play the game (it will throw you an error code when launching the game afther the update).

No as i said in my first post i have them on cartridges. So they are original.
I have the nonpdrm version installed on my thumbdrive and it works with voice, but i would prefer playing from the cartridge bc it takes up less space (would only be around 600mb with the voice patch, instead of 4gigs or how much it takes without the card).

>Got Fatal Frame 5 from utikdownloadhelper
>Tried to start, got "you must go to eshop/buy to access" etc message
>Ran Haxchi then mocha cfw.
>Started game but it said "trial version" and has"unlock full game" option.
>Ran nnupatcher to see if that did anything
>still "trial version"

Just tried it with a nonpdrm game as well, update doesnt apply itsself there. Pretty sad

you need the DLC

>he didn't get one when they were $50 and came with a ps3 controller and a 16gb memory card

why

because that is the game you mongoloid

why would the game be in the dlc

so utikdownloadhelper guy deleted the github and whatever

what happened with that? is it still possible to DL?

Because it was their attempt at different marketing, where the trial version was free for everyone, then you pay for the DLC to unlock the rest of the game.

It said right on the screen you were looking at.

This post was so retarded I had to link it here

How do I convert an Action Replay ds save to something that I can use with Wood R4?

Let me tell you the story of what happened. Some years ago I got to the final episode in Phoenix Wright 2. During the opening cutscene that starts that episode, it just freezes. I tried a bunch of times to get past that, but it would just keep freezing, so I moved on to play Etrian Odyssey. I ended up beating Etrian Odyssey, but then when I went to add some more roms to play my microSD card died and I lost everything. Good timing, to be fair, since I was done with EO1.

So now, I'm setting up a new 2GB microsd with a newer version of Wood R4 and want to see if I can use one of these saves to continue where I left off in Phoenix Wright 2. I googled it already, but there are so many different guides. Maybe you guys know the newest way to do it.

gamefaqs.com/ds/933086-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-justice-for-all/saves

I am playing on an old Nintendo DS with an R4 flashcard.

i'm trying to imagine the mental gymnastics that lead to this. did he see people talk about sd2vita and think they meant SD cards?

lmao

Is there a factory default system reset thing that removes all the hacking so i can sell my wii u?

Me

Got it working and it didn't freeze during the opening cutscene for ep4!

I wasn't in Freedom land during that time mate

What cfw do you use

So does ReNpDrm let you download 3.61+ games? But obviously you can't run it right?

Are there any working BotW trainers now? The main one doesn't work

mocha cfw

Just take out the sd card and then do the system format in the Wii U options.

Nope. In the meantime use a save editor or those memory editing programs.

Dead thread

Switch hax were supposed to save us

>2018
>still no super slim hack

Aussie shitposter detected

Which utility can I use to convert eboot to iso/cso?

How come some psp game's ad-hoc mode works in vita, but some don't (asking me to turn on wifi or something)?
Works: killzone, gundam vs.
Doesn't work: bomberman, metal slug, bomberman

UMDgen. Remember to optimize the iso.

When I tried to "open" a eboot file in umdgen it crashes, am I doing it wrong?

no I misread your post sorry

No worries. Thanks for trying.

Actually, I'm not even sure if adrenaline can run psx games as iso/cso. Those eboot files are so big though.

PS1 games? No, that's not how it works at all.

If you can, get EBOOTs from PSN. They're usually compressed better, especially ones that use redbook audio.

Trying to play Odin Sphere leifthrasir, it starts up then tells me "there is no save data" and stays there forever, console doesn't freeze the game just doesn't respond to any button presses.

I feel like the solution to this must be something incredibly stupid that will make me feel retarded.

Any help?

What version of the game (Vitamin, Mai, NoNpDRM, etc), and what console?

Happy new year, /hbg/ bros.

So what's the deal with Switch right now? From what I've heard:

>1.0.0 has a kernal exploit with EmuNAND deal possibly coming
>3.0.0 has a kernal exploit, but moralfags don't want to release it
>3.0.1/4.0.0 patched the big exploit, meaning NEVER EVER like 3.61 Vitas or it will take ages

Am I getting that right?

There are implications that these webkit exploits 'just keep coming' so there's really no confirmation that they can't get HB running even on the latest firmware.
But, morality.

What about piracy though? Is there any implication (kernal exploits, etc) that 3.0.0 will be able to pirate shit, or am I fucked due to not owning a 1.0.0 Switch?

Unknown. They said they can but won't share.
But they did basically explain how to actually exploit it, if someone competent who isn't a moralfag sees this, it's only a matter of weeks/months.

>They said they can but won't share.

I presume you mean for 3.0.0? That's enough to keep me interested, since I'm sure someone will eventually release it if it's actually possible on a 3.0.0 system.

>[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a 34c3 lecture.
Wow, so the demo and the Q&A were honestly and intentionally completely cut out?
I presume nobody did a recording of the live stream?

The video was cut by mistake. The official upload is back and now has the demo and Q&A.

for

Downloaded it again and it's there. Thanks.

new to ps3 cfw, got a CECH-2500 running 4.81.2 CFW from the guide.

Desktop + ps3 is hooked up to the same switch, both having 1GBIT uplink, however when transferring files via FTP, it caps at 600~kb/s, but I can do multiple transfers at the same time, it will give both 600kb/s.

Any ideas what to do to get higher speeds?

I need help with hacking maybe someone knows.
Do you know how to edit the bpk and brp files to translate a game for the NDS?

In the brp file there is information of this type

FILELISTINFOBS01078Mcard/bs01/bs01078m/INTEGRATE.bxicard/bs01/bs01078m/integrate.nrp

Thanks.

Who likes slides?
switchbrew.github.io/34c3-slides/

Best Wii U iso site?

The eShop.

Like, really.

This is normie tech support general, not a real hacking general. You would have better luck on GBAtemp.

>Nintendo 64 would likely only be viable through a Virtual Console, since current N64 emulation is downright atrocious.
Virtual Console is emulation.

That's a really good question that we still haven't found an answer to.

Are you retarded? Just get them from Nintedo's servers