/scg/ Star Citizen General #248

Alpha 3.0 live PU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/8BpdZN83

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

hiveminer.com/flickr_hvmnd.cgi?method=GET&search_domain=Tags&tag_mode=all&originput=4k,wallpaper&sorting=Interestingness&sort=Date Posted, new first&page=1&noform=t&photo_number=50&textinput=4k,wallpaper&search_type=Tags&photo_type=100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for nice thread

The lack of outdated links and (embed)'s disturb me

NAfags are still in 2017 KEK

You're not going to beat veds furry leadership team when it comes to competing threads. The best way it to make /scg/ when they are asleep and cannot call the cops.

I'm not an autist to consider making a thread on 4chins a competition.

tfw no bengal or vanduul supercarrier on this

Cool ship,but can't wait for skins and body kits because that white paint isn't doing it justice.

F7A when?

when did they get rid of the nose fans?

>I'm not an autist
bullshit
>to consider making a thread on 4chins a competition
doesn't matter if you do or not, were talking about a group of neet furries calling you splitfag.

Ages ago

It's hysterical that they think there's one boogeyman coming for their (you)s instead of a bunch of anons that are fed-up with their shitposting that are making these threads.

hiveminer.com/flickr_hvmnd.cgi?method=GET&search_domain=Tags&tag_mode=all&originput=4k,wallpaper&sorting=Interestingness&sort=Date Posted, new first&page=1&noform=t&photo_number=50&textinput=4k,wallpaper&search_type=Tags&photo_type=100

Imagine spending both christmas and new year's eve hating on a videogame.

That's because he is too far in debt to be able to go out and enjoy himself like normal folks do. Come the end of the month, he should be homeless fingers crossed

Why?

He defaulted on his mortgage. He has like a $850k lawsuit going on with a bank right now.

>being in debt
>not delivering the product you sold

not sure which is worse desu senpaitachis

splitfag thread better thread

Merry Space Christmas~! It's 2018 and it's going to be awesomely mundane.

So has star citizen become a trading card game?

they seem to be drowning themselves in overdue art projects

In durricks case it's both. Still waiting on that promised 2012 release of his clusterfuck of a "game".
Close but not quite.

let it die

New website when?

when cr finally ditches them frogfags and gets a real ui team together.

i think the writers team is delaying the update

Nova tonk

2 weeks

When will this game deliver on the first 10% of things promised?

Even the most biased people against star citizen think that it delivered 18%.

just 22 more years and 450 million more dollars to go

Is anyone else just psyched to be part of a project this ambitious? I literally don't even care anymore if the game is ever released, I feel like I'm part of a lifetime event. About infinity times more meaningful than modern politics anyway.

What's so ambitious about it anyway that makes dads jerk it so hard? It's not like any of this shit they're doing is actually new, it's just so poorly planned that they took years and years to gut the engine to support it wasting most of the budget that should have gone into making the basics work.

>It's not like any of this shit they're doing is actually new
yet there is nothing out there even close to doing what it does, not even elite.

How do we get rid of e,d leaches ?

except elite does do what it does. the only problem with elite is that it's done in a boring way

not seamless
no space feet
no atmospheric landings
not an mmo

it is seamless
>50 concurrent players
>mmo

F8 when?

>it is seamless
Bullshit.You can't travel in-system with normal engines without supercruise.Planets and stations won't appear because sc is a loading screen.Same with hyperspace.
Star Citizen is unique in this regard.

soon tm

maybe we'll get an update when they release sq42 roadmap

You can travel anywhere with normal engines. It will just take you years. It is seamless. The "loading" is actually just connecting to online instances, not loading a different map. You can drop out hundreds of KM from a station and fly there in normal speed no problem.

That doesn't sound seamless my dude.

but it is. there is no magical barrier between locations

Travel between locations with normal engines is straight out impossible and it's not a matter of time as you mentioned.Same with cross system travel.Also landing on planets isn't seamless too.

why do we have two threads?

splitfag made one with better op but the other one showed up first

new Javelin bridge

the "transition" is matchmaking due to the peer to peer online

Item 2.0 when