What is the Übermensch to you, Veeky Forums? How do you imagine him...

What is the Übermensch to you, Veeky Forums? How do you imagine him? Any historical persons that you consider to be near to the Übermensch?

Post your fantasies.

Trump

Napoleon

I just look in the mirror and see him

Goethe

Space Marines

Someone who practices both forgiveness and vengeance

A man with the mind of Nietzsche and the physical prowess of Bruce Lee.

>Has a mental breakdown and goes insane

fucking kek. The übermensch can't be a person from history because the übermensch is the next step in human evolution. It's a spiritual/social/technological confluence that hasn't happened yet. Just because some people in the past might have conducted themselves in heroic ways doesn't make them übermensch. Way to fundamentally misunderstand Nietzsche dipshit.

Or dies because of an aspirin.

If there hasn't been an Übermensch before, isn't he perhaps a sign of otherworldliness??

The horizon, an ideal to strive towards.
An intelligent, strong and moral person.
A person who sees an ubermensch of the farther future to strive towards.

No wouldn't really consider anyone ubermensch.

I like that.

While I agree mostly, I do think it would be possible to identify people who have personally made that transformation in the past

No? I don't really understand your question. The übermensch is a figure who enacts the transvaluation of all values. It's a perfectly worldly thing.
>people who have personally made that transformation in the past
Nietzsche says there's only one person who fits this description, and fedoras aren't gonna like who it is ;) Christianity was the first "transvaluation of values," the übermensch commences the second transvaluation.

Laurence Lampert suggests that the eternal recurrence replaces the Übermensch as the object of serious aspiration. This is in part due to the fact that even the Übermensch can appear like an other-worldly hope. The Übermensch lies in the future — no historical figures have ever been Übermenschen — and so still represents a sort of eschatological redemption in some future time.

>Masculine in personality
>very well formally educated while at the same time a natural auto-didactic
>humanist Renaissance man, well versed in history, literature, theatre, rhetoric, philosophy, linguistics, classics. As well as very adept in mathematics, and has a good elementary grasp on various fields of natural and physical sciences.
>anti-materialistic and somewhat ascetic and disciplined lifestyle
>is physically fit and routinely exercises his body; familiar and has participated with some sports but doesn't overtly divert his time to them.
>formally educated in the arts and music, knows how to play an instrument, but, like sports, doesn't revolve his life around it or hold too bold and snubbish interests in particular ones.
>has had healthy relationships with the opposite sex, intimate relationships with a few people, as well as multiple strong friendships in his life, but doesn't mindlessly pursue sex for the sake of it.
>well-traveled
>familiar with various religions
>somewhat involved in their community
>regularly examines the conventions and presumptions of society and questions them
>strives to do what is ideal, but has empathy to those who are weak and decadent
>isn't hold back by society's conventions if they're wrong, and is willing to fight diligently for what he believes
>is familiar or experience with military and fighting methods and matters.
>non-partisan
>knows various contemporary and classical languages
People: Xenophon, Plato, Epaminondas, Alexander the Great, Phocion, Cicero, Julius and Augustus Caesar, Frederick II HRE, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Napoleon, T. E. Lawrence, and Robert Graves

Nietzsche is like the leftist dude that talks about how Christianity has destroyed Western Civ and how it's made people weak

But at the same time enjoys getting cucked by Muslims because Mohammad was a warlord and that excited Nietzsche's mentally insane/beta penis

>the eternal recurrence replaces the Übermensch as the object of serious aspiration
I've never read Lampert but I've heard this idea before, usually from leftists who really want to strip Nietzsche of his anti-democratic and anti-egalitarian qualities.

The difference between the übermensch and other redemptive figures from religion is that the übermensch is a logically inevitability. It might not be as great as Nietzsche imagines, but the second transvaluation of all values *will* happen at some point.

Wagner.

Wagner was resented by Nietzsche exactly because Nietzsche couldn't reach the lofty heights of his own ideals.

But Richard Wagner embodied them. He had all the noble and lofty attributes Nietzsche described.

He was a forceful personality.
He was a fighter.
He was a creator.
He was heroic.

He had all the artistic genius and all the vigorous character that Nietzsche's expositions put forth.
Goethe would be another example, and Nietzsche actually gave this example.

He was also a crazed anti-semite, which is clearly a sign of someone who has some kind of psychopathology, and it's pretty clear that someone like that can't be an Übermensch.

/thread

Don't forget that he wore silky women's lingerie, especially when he was writing music.

Pepe

No, I think the process of transvaluation is already underway and has been underway for a while and it's been multiple people throughout the last 100 years. I think the process will go on for another 100-200 years, at least given the trend

Well I'd agree with you there. I don't think that contradicts either of my points. The transvaluation initiated by Christ (or Peter, I guess) took hundreds of years to become the dominant value system. Nietzsche himself recognized we were in the first throes of the second transvaluation. That's what the "death of God" is about. I didn't mean to suggest it would happen in one day.

Sup kike. Stop reading "Kaufman" translations and read the original

The heros death. Nothing is more übermensch than that.

the ubermensch is concieved of as a human that selftranscends trough accepting and processing reality, hardship, suffering etc... its not a figure of power or somekind of exemplary hero, its a guy who, just like nietzsche, goes trough a constant pattern of pain, loss, disfunction, adversity, inadequacy and failure, and just chooses to will himself trough it any way

Hell, just Lee himself.

collective or individual ubermensch?

Socrates
Jesus Christ
Leibniz

Anyone that has demonstrated their genius to the world beyond shadow of a doubt and remained humble desu.

You just anchored a relative concept (a man beyond current man) to your particular place in time.

An Ubermensch is more of a spirit of life than any anchored definition of an individual. Someone who believes in and lives their ideals regardless of any outside pressures. By definition a large portion of major figures in history (Julius Caesar, Al-Ghazali, Shakespeare to name a few) would be considered Ubermensch

He's a big guy

this but I'll give an example anyway.

Muhammad. Dude literally created and forced his own religion into the Abrahamic world and became an infallible prophet king. Regardless of what you think about him this guy is pretty much as alpha as it gets.

this

This DESU. Not Muslim but Muhammad is a great example of an alpha philosopher king. The butthurt he caused still goes on to this day.

difference between mohammad and the overman is that mohammad, like jesus or plato, ascribed this ideology to a transcendent force (allah/god/the form of the good), while the overman is true to the earth