/xgg/ - Xenogames General #64

USE SPOILER TAGS
It's not that hard.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/eQSFxyyc

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=970837341

>Read-Only backup of the Info Doc
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JGCC9PLsDuBhL7riV3xwCDpUJ2zieEWk

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14735842/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well shit, I guess I'll try on the world tree.

I got the same problem but for a different item. Can you check where secret turf is located in the item list?

How do I get Morag's agility up to beat superbosses with her? Why aren't their anymore AGI chips later in-game for her REEEEEEEEEEEE

Tamperantia for me.

>land of morytha's secret point has 3 free mirror matter chips
>could have farmed way less to get them
fug

Use Ester Shows you dunce.

New player here with quite a few somewhat relevant questions that the FAQ couldn't answer. When I enter the Enhance Arts menu, I see four arts. For example, Rex has Anchor Shot, Sword Bash, Double Spinning Edge and Rolling Smash. How do I use Rolling Smash? Also, some affinity upgrades let you use an art from a specific slot at the start of the battle. Can you rearrange your arts to other slots? Oh, and it doesn't seem possible to use Rolling Smash because the A button is bound to initiate Blade combos. And they have three stages, right? Stone>Volcano>Mega Eruption is something I've successfully done before. If I've done this, let's say around 8 times so far, does that mean I have a full understanding of how to do full Blade combos? Also, how do I use level 4 specials? The game only said I had to be close to my blade, which I usually am. Unless "physically close" means I have to be literally hugging them? Furthermore, what does the bar in the top left of my screen do? The one that can hold three charges. All I remember from the tutorials is that you need one charge to revive an ally, but what else is it for? I also want to know how to raise my salvage rating from that one Nopon in Argentum. And finally, could I get a detailed explanation on how development level works? Apparently you get progress by completing quests in that area and talking to NPCs with a star icon over them, but that doesn't seem to do much. I've found that buying a fuckload of cylinders, salvaging to turn a profit and repeating the process is the only reliable way to boost an area's development level. One more thing, do the passive bonuses you get from buying shop deeds apply to EVERYWHERE in the world?

Thank you very much for your time, I hope to have my questions answered soon.

Shoes*

What is the most OP Poppi build?

Try pressing X button in Enhance Arts menu. That answers your first couple questions about arts and Rolling Smash.

>all this waiting to raise Rocs skill tree

look at the bottom of the screen.
probably, if you're watching the top right corner.
physically close means nearby
Ally revive, chain attack
salvage more.
development level is an abstract of how much money has changed hands
yes they do

What the fuck is going on in that gif?

You only have 3 art slots, so you have to pick 3 among 4 for each weapon.

The recommended arts for Rex's aegis sword are Anchor Shot, Rolling Smash and Double Spinning Edge.

If you want Rolling Smash, press X to select an art and select the other one to swap them. You can do that to rearrange arts slots or replace one with the fourth one you didn't use.

Yeah, you somewhat got the hang of special. You just have to keep in mind that elemental path depends of the starting element of the blade combo.

Lv4 special charge automatically if you are at lvl3 while your blade affinity is maxed (yellow line between the driver and blade). Just stay physically close, but you don't have to be hugging them. As long the tether line is visible, it is good enough.

The top left bar is for reviving teammate and Chain attack. For the latter, the game will explain it in due time.

Deeds are permanent and apply everywhere.

Dizzy cats are hilarious to watch.

Either the floor is slippery or the cats are on drugs. Maybe both. Or they're dizzy?

nyaa~

knot me, tiger daddy

Master Mods + lv V parts for whatever role you need her to fill and elements to help fill out your blade combo capabilities without having to resort to pneuma. Specifically JD as a critical healer is OP.

>so you have to pick 3 among 4 for each weapon.
Oh Jesus Christ I played through the entire game and didn't know that.

go grind tiger tiger and get crit heal on poppi qt pi, get crit heal on zeke and just do a dps only team

>wanting spikes in your ass

who said anything about my ass?

How the fuck did you miss that when you improved your arts? unless you actually finished the game without bothering improving them?

If you're not going solo then just Aegeon, and Brighid are enough with 2 agility accessories.

I did improve them. I just thought the fourth one was a passive skill or something.

nice painting

>2 agility accessories
how do you expect her to hold aggro without a nopon mask?

sometimes I just dont know.

>Pull together 11 salvaging
>Fucking tora sitting in my party with his stupid nepotism neet jew look on his stupid jew face
>Cant' disengage story blades until way late in the story
God I hate the QoL choices

Thanks a bunch for the help. How do I do chain attacks though?

>Lv4 special charge automatically if you are at lvl3 while your blade affinity is maxed

The affinity tether I understand, but what about the special? Are you saying I have to have that thing that's bound to the A button (thing next to my arts) to have a III on it, then stand close to my blade? I've seen it have a IV (meaning four obviously) before and used it even before the tutorials came up. Is that a level 4 special? I think I remember it having QTEs and stuff too.

I don't expect her to have aggro because I didn't know if you're using Zenobia crit heal as a tank

If I'm going for a full critical healer team, do I even need ch7 spoiler blade on Rex? If not what blades should I be running? I might just stick with Mythra/agate/Roc for the ability to driver combo

>He doesn't know about barbed catdicks
Yeah no

Yeah, basically.
Get a level 3 special charged, stand near your blade while the line between you is gold, and watch it level up to 4 all on its own.

wait that has spoilers, shit

please forgive me

Yes, you must charge the special gauge so it reaches III.

Yeah, the IV basically means you used a lv4 special. You can tell as both the driver and blade so special animation and nothing else move. That kind of move provide full invulnerability to your team during the whole duration of this.

Every special have some kind of QTE by the way.

Just delete that post before someone realize what's the spoiler in that shit.

>How do I do chain attacks though?
You can't use chain attack until the tutorial in chapter 3 makes you use it during a boss fight. After that you just press + in battle.

>but what about the special?
If you have a gold tether and a level 3 special charged up, the meter will fill on its own to level 4 as long as you are not using arts. Just stay close to the blade, auto-attacking or walking is fine while it builds up. If you move too far and the tether temporarily disconnects the meter will reset back to level 3, it also resets when you switch blades. Its pretty fast though so it doesn't matter too much. Level 4 specials always have the zoom in cinematic camera and QTE, and doing this makes you immune to enemy attacks while the special plays out.

Sorry but now you must commit sudoku.

>needing to "hold" aggro
>not soloing with morag

i dislike that it puts the COMPLETED main quest as your active quest automagically desu

>the only way morag ever holds aggro is if you take everyone out of party
Lmao flamebringer, more like shamebringer

the fuck is this morag soloing meme? she has garbage DPS, the only good meme is tora soloing

big 3 chunk blue gauge in the top left needs to be full
then mash +

If you did blade combos previously, each adds an elemental orb to the foe. You can use their opposite element
===Bravery – Fire/Water=============
===Truth - Wind/Ice=============
===Compassion - Lightning/Earth===
===Justice – Dark/Light===========
To blast them for massive damage and extend the chain attack for more damage

Basically, combat is Learn to attack cancel by using a driver art after your third auto-attack for .6 of a special charge

Then get the driver art cancel affinity. Attack cancel with a driver art then art cancel with more arts. Use a special to initiate a blade combo.

You'll get higher affinities and accessories/aux cores for faster blade switching. Blade switch and repeat art canceling before switching again to rapidly build up a special II/III. Use one of your allies to get the last chunk of the blade combo

During this you can use a driver combo break→topple→launch→smash which different weapons on different drivers provide them as a bonus effect on some of their skills. These give massive bonus damage in combination with blade combos. This is called a fusion combo and does much, much, much more damage than a blade combo alone. Spamming art cancels to fuel fusion combos are your break and butter for making fights short.

Needless to say, you can do those very fast which builds up your party gauge and different elemental orbs for a chain attack. Then you chain attack and explode it.

>Can't even turn it off
>Always in the way
It's obnoxious

Do you only get those crit heal chips and aux shits after the main story or what

>he doesn't know

moon matter chips only drop from one of the superbosses iirc, not sure about cores

so yeah, basically

>cri heal chip
user, crit heal build is based on high crit chips, while using an accessory that provide the heal on crit.

You can get that build prior the end of the story, but it isn't optimized because the second best crit chip is Mirror matter and it is kind of average. Moon Matter is dropped on a superboss that appears postgame, so yeah.

Yup can confirm its at the end of the long bridge with the 2 UM on the world tree, you salvage there.
You get the ancient salvaging suit there too.

I guess I got them because I was looking for the salvaging suit for that nopon. Makes sense.

You can get Classic Medals pretty early (Mor Ardain/Gormott), but they won't be as good while your damage and crit rate is low. Avant-garde Medal is the highest tier of it that you get late game, and Mirror/Moon Matter chips work best with it.

>Chapter 3
>Have Rex, Tora and Nia
>Also have 23 common core crystals, 1 rare core crystal and 5 of every booster
>Feel obligated to save the rare and open some commons, maybe use a few boosters so I can have room to turn in salvage

Any ideas? Also, is there a way to get rid of blades you don't want? Can duplicates happen too? Tell me what I need to know before I enter the RNG phase of this game.

The game will shit out commons like no tomorrow. Use them all.

Keep your cores. If you still have the bestial core, use it on Rex if it is available for resonating.

You can get rid of blades you don't want, but do that only if you reached the maximum of blades. Don't trash the generic blades blindy, some of them are on par or even better than rares, and you will need fodders for merc missions.

No you cannot get any duplicate.

Check both faq.

Just go further in the story. You'll hit spoilers which will give you much, much, much more blade carrying capacity
Save your lowlevel salvage for garfont village. You can get a ton of justice and compassion boosters to level yourself back out

Blade menu, manage blades, hit x or whatever it says to release. You really shouldn't though. All field/merc skills are useful and many battle skills have good niches. Element mastery III's make it easy to pass checks on top of the interplay between weapon type, element, and ATK/HLR/TNK for teambuilding and flex choices. You can max its affinity chart for +1000 weapon skill points later on. You shouldn't be caring about releasing for a long long time.
Can't get dupes. Everyone suspects it's slot is replaced by a common after you pull it.

There is no RNG phase. You can beat the game with story blades and you can beat it with even the worst literal garbage ever.

Booster up your rare, early on it's really damn successful. Booster your commons if you're grinding salvage and wont wait for rares or don't I'm not your mom

...does Sheba "walk" around inside a fucking bathtub?

Alright you chucklefucks. Let's settle this once and for all.

strawpoll.me/14735842/

Yeah, it's great

>Accepted her death so you could escape
>Wont even let her use you as a hug pillow let alone reciprocate her love with the rest of the family
You guys are the absolute worst

Yeah, she's actually surprisingly fun though. Make sure to equip her and bring her back to the guy you brought her from.

>Spend 500,000G on her the moment I've got it available
>See her affinity then wants me to spend ANOTHER 1,000,000G
>Get so mad I actually just straight up bench her
>Actually try her out when money isn't a problem
>She's pretty good and hillariously OP if you run with a Rex in a harem

Pretty fun desu mo

Why does Nia have 2 mouths?

>Sheba directly imply that she want her own harem to drink tea with in the JP dub making her clearly lesbo to the core
>English translation completely dodged that and turned it in a way where she's just a fan of other girls and only want other girls for her tea party
SJW got angry at a pair of boobs but not at this...?

When can I start fighting Zenobia's UMs? When should I?

Boobs are an easier target. Tbh some of them probably share Sheba's fantasy.

She still says that she would prefer a female lover. Her level 2 special also calls her water girl, her lover.

Sheba explicitly says she's romanticly into girls in the dub. They just changed the word harem to entourage because her quest involves underage girls

>Sheba directly imply that she want her own harem to drink tea with in the JP dub making her clearly lesbo to the core
>He doesn't know

jesus christ that padding in the QT Pi quest.

somewher out there is a guy who's getting walled by that forestry requirement.

What's the forestry requirement?

I'm glad I had Vess

you need the field skill forestry 5.
I was lucky enough to have enough trash blades with that around. many most likely wont be.

It's pretty fun though,
>Kids these days need more exercise, here's a lv50 named enemy to kill!
>Also, for some reason, no-one ever passes this part of the test

How good is Herald?

But.... How? Just keep opening your common cores

I found her to be weaker than KOS MOS and Sheba. Eternally benched

Just be yourself. You'll enjoy the game more. Everyone and everything works. Use your fusion combos and chain attacks

>out some retard is grinding ods cause rex has all the blades
Good thing i have a stack of ods to clear every field skill

Some people are just that unlucky user. I've got 50 commons right now and only 3 of them have forestry and it's level 1.

level up nia's forestry you poodle

I think the way it just appears is hilarious.

What chapter are you in? I'm in chapter 3 with over 120 commons and forestry 8

I have 100 commons and still not enough botany for the sidequest about healing Vandham's friend.

>I'm in chapter 3 with over 120 commons
m8

Bizarre. Are you using luck accessories, equipping your luk blades or blades with LUK magnet/amethyst/etc chips?

Chapter 6. I got lucky with the few commons and rares I needed for other stuff and have been holding off opening my huge stash of cores. I don't want a repeat of what happened last time with Finch ending up on Zeke. Had no overdrive, so had to release her to try again. Haven't gotten her back.

I can't judge between kosmos and sheba. Everyone else shits more dmg because of tubgirl but the impossible roll shits way more dmg in by herself and has good survivabilty. Having both doesn't help neither since passives are a bitch.
At least i know herald is trash

Yeah? If you were doing side quests you can slam the merc fight for rank 3 merc blade cap ups. I don't even know how many of these fuckers I can hold

I've been using luck accessories, that's about it. It was what I gathered during the main story playthrough but I've yet to do any real core opening post-game.

The affinity chart rows are arranged in difficulty order from lowest to highest, and match the story progression. You should be able to beat those UMs at the appropriate levels for that point in the story. First row with stuff to unlock is mostly level 10-20 UMs.

Eh well that's how it goes. Rares where you like em or field checks and waiting for 4 crowns for OD's Mind, you do have 9 overdrives from the world and maxing driver affinity so you can establish a single team of exactly what you want.

Am I fucking awful or is it normal that Gladiator Orion kick my ass like no tomorrow lvl 93?
Since he was the weakest superboss I though I should start with him, but if every other superboss is as strong as him I should probably grind 99 and SX rank my blades before trying him and the others?

He is the strongest superboss. Level dont matter.

It took me like half an hour to beat because of my party set-up, I legit expected "You took too long, you fail the test!" or something.

Oh...I guess that explain it.
Is it because he's the only driver superboss?

Orion isn't strong, hes annoying. Reflect is a bitch. His reaction skills are horseshit and that aoe is cheating since no driver should be able to leave aoe rings of pure bullshit
Bring lost of reflect immunity and party guage build.

How the fuck?
You can build Spheres on his easily and he take take additional damage on chain attacks.