/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

We don't have an official discord or steam group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not groups, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your social life this New Years' Eve?, /gsg/?

This day in history, 1st of January:
>1515 Jew expelled from Laibach, Austria
>1915 Jews expelled from Laibach, Austria

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread: Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High,_middle_and_low_justice
youtube.com/watch?v=29Mg6Gfh9Co
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to try and make friends this year, you socially inept germaboos

It's not the first of January yet

the germans are pouring in increasing numbers from the north
the french from the west
no sign of the british
meanwhile, the colonial armies are scrambling from all over the globe and general mobilization has been enacted for the first time in decades
the moldavian armies are attempting to cut off tfw no supply lines mechanic the krauts on romanian soil and establish a frontline
the yugos and hungarians are making a valiant effort of keeping the french at bay and hopefully they'll stop sending tiny armies one by one to france to be ground to dust, giving them 50 fucking warscore from battles
also I'm tired, I haven't wanked in a while and I'm playing liqqy simulators instead of studying for the exam that's one week away

just keep fighting them
never give in to the red plague

/gsg/ operates in a progressive, forward-looking mindset. since this thread will last until january 1st, we make it january 1st.

Veteran EU3 player here, any country suggestions? Preferably western, no colonization either.

>MEIOU still hasn't been update

So I know the 769 start date for CKII is frowned upon, so is the 867 start any good or is it shit too? I don't want to play any of the Vikings or anything like that but it just seems interesting to start in Central Europe before the HRE formed.

It's shit unless you want to migrate as n*rdsm otherwise play 1000>

lazy poos

>How fares your social life this New Years' Eve?, /gsg/?
An old friend from highschool sent me a "happy new year" message which was nice. Then I talked to dad over the phone and of course he was drunk again.

>So I know the 769 start date for CKII is frowned upon, so is the 867 start any good or is it shit too?
Stop caring if it's frowned upon, it's a fucking singleplayer game so just play whatever you enjoy the most - if the map and general setup of 769 or 867 looks more appealing than the more recent startdates then just go with them.

Probably one of the Italian minors then is your best bet if you don't want to colonize

not choosing one of them because it's frowned upon is a pretty dumb reason. the reason people get so butt hurt about them is because it takes away from the supposed fun parts of ck2.
plus the earlier start dates almost always end up being dumb meme games cuz they're honestly just balanced poorly, considering how gavelkind is handled in the game

also, forming the HRE as someone not germanic is actually fun, even if you end up just tag switching as someone else later for a more fun game experience

we're (re)gaining ground

meanwhile

OPM Rome, maybe OPM Constantinople just to see how far I can push a province's base tax

I'm looking to start a new V2 game on HPM, anyone care to elaborate on what "Niggermod" does?

It adds nothing good, just play with regular HPM which is stritectly better

fuck fuck fuck they keep coming
I could whitepeace the germans now but I want to snap their neck now
fucking frogs, this is what I get for saving them from the red plague

Didn't HPM used to be based here? What happened to it?

It kinda looks like you're fucked bro

HPM IS based, what are you on about?

It used to be posted in the OP of this general but its gone now

I look forward to rolling over everyone with my knight spam for the next two centuries. Also, to finally get to fuck Johanna of Flanders on a count of Artois run, the things I shall inflict on her.

I think it's salvageable
if I manage to put alfie in power in germany, I'd become numero uno because they lose ~600 prestige (400 from their failed wargoal, 200 from install fascism)
the two battles with krauts in the mountains are going in my favor and I think they're gonna pull through a hefty warscore and then peace out the germans

That's because shitposters are always trying to kick contributors out of the threads, but the mod is still the best

>ck2
>start as count
>work my way up to king/emperor in one generation
>get annoyed with having to micro-manage the bazillion vassals
>quit the game

The only fun thing left to do is playing as jewish merchants and importing thousands of sub-Sahara Africans into Europe and forcing white women to marry them.

>tfw managed to get around 70% of Europe completely BLACKED around 1200

Are you kidding? Playing a Frenchie and dealing with the clusterfuck of Duchies and Counties is all the fun I could ask for.

>823 out of 14041 soldiers are knights
>knight spam
come on
faggot

Just don't blob

I guess thats how Juden feels irl, explains a lot

uh uh no no

aeeeee

I ASKED YOU FAGGOTS WHAT THE FUK I WAS GNNA PLATY OON EU4, I NEED A A NEW ACHUEVEMENT.

uninstall.exe is pretty good challenge for brainlets like you

Trebizond

poor peasants

Does desmene limit have any basis on reality or is it just another anti-blobbing mechanic?Wouldn't kings want the largest amount of land possible?

thoughts on these plans?
I have like a billion accepted cultures
borders are shit for now

I think it has to do with the amount of land that you can personally oversee without having to appoint someone to reign in your stead. probably would make more sense if they based it off of proximity tho

Go for the Sudanese Expedition

oh also I plan on going commie and """""""liberating"""""""""" Africa for yuropeean imperialists

wew

SEE u you guys noice om on 2018, thnaks i ove you

>Wouldn't kings want the largest amount of land possible?
That's not feasible since the king can't personally govern all the land and even if that was the case he would first have to acquire it from the aristocracy who would oppose him.

Consulate of the Sea is a very comfy achievement.

Good goy

Medieval rulers were often traveling year round to manage all their personal holdings. There's only so much time in the world to personally manage lands. Its actually one of the more grounded gameplay aspects of CK2.

Is there anything interesting in Cradle of Civilization?

Bro CK2 gets mdieval army sizes pretty right, 800 plus knights is a lot. Even at Bouvines Phillip has about 1,200 knights at most out of about 8,000 men, and I only inherited the throne this past year. Any decent sized force of mounted knights is formidable. Hell, Muret in 1213, a couple hundred knights routed thousands of opposing Aragonese infantry and cavalry. You don't know shit.

>virgin lybia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High,_middle_and_low_justice

>Bro CK2 gets mdieval army sizes pretty right
Holy fuck, no it doesn't. Armies are absolutely gigantic in CK2, but that's not the point. I was saying that having 5%~ of your army as knights doesn't constitude knight spam.

>combing through game files to make an up to date factory profitability chart
>find this gem in a comment
I really hope this is a Paradox comment and not a HPM one. Considering HPM doesn't seem to update the comments to match his changes I suspect it's the former.

Yeah but, like the other guy said, it would be a lot better if it was based on distance, not an arbitrary number.A lot of ruler start with way over their desmene limit, for example.
Another thing that bothers me is how holding a few extra castles completely invalidates the rest of your land, if I want to temporarily hold on occupation-style onto a duchy I should be able to do that without losing all of my income and army from my main desmene

Various Mudslime governments have fancy buttons now, like Russia got in Third Rome.

Forming Persia and playing as them can be a lot of fun. Being Shiite Muslim surrounded by Sunnis means you have to focus on religious conversion or else quickly you'll be in a lot of trouble.

Where were you when Grand Strategy Games were saved?

germans still not wavering

thanks to my man reminding me that it was an old thread

>tfw it actually worked

How is VR going to impact grand strategy games?

>inb4 now I can strangle or gas those niggers with my own bare hands instead of through a menu hurr-durr

wew

Is it possible to survive the initial war as Tripoli in HPM? It seems like people have managed it in vanilla, but nothing beyond that.

So far my attempts have basically gone like
>Beat initial Ottoman Stack
>Ottoman's send a 30k stack
>They lose half of it in the desert
>Still lose the battle

Go home americunt

>Reminder to report and ignore shitposting. x1000
What is this autism

the military is looking better, the economy is going down the drain

merry new year brazil shitters

you gonna extend the end date or what

Merry new year macaco

Vic 2, I keep getting a shit tonne of rebels I'm not sure how to stop them.

Here's an up to date version for factory profitability using base good costs. I thought HPM was supposed to nerf liqour.

screenshot or we can't help you

YAMETEEE

don't think so

Just shut the game since it's late, but I'm getting Jacobites, they've already broke me and gave voters rights and shit. I'll load up the game if you need some more info guy

>beverages
now do one for niqqourmod

Meant for your reply not my own post

Realized that wasn't super readable, so added some alternating colors. Considering doing a much larger interactive sheet so people can fill in throughput modifiers, goods being produced in the same state, current goods costs, etc.

Enjoy the new year you quarraling faggots, i love you guys

fucking hell that was brutal

actually I think I'll extend until I peace out everyone so I can release turkestan and israel

Can you make a proper tech guide with proper colours for proper people? The existing ones are objectively wrong and use shit colours.
>military directionism "nice to have"

wew completely turned the war around
I think I can even peace out france first and diddle the germans
and the fuckers still have 0% war exhaustion

I *could*, but tech priorities is much more subjective. Profitability of factories is an objective thing.

Why play EU4 when you could play stellaris?

oh you fucking...

EAT
SHIT
FROG
FUCKS

>I *could*
then do?

Will you post war casualties when its all over?

Why play Stellaris when you could play HOI$

The idea is to keep having the ottomans die in the dessert. Thats about it. You never really need to fight any battles. They will peace out one day.

ok, this is bullshit and I'm tired
will continue tomorrow

I remember a time I waited for Niger cores to spread everywhere and then released a huge Niger that was Chad, Libya, and Niger proper.

youtube.com/watch?v=29Mg6Gfh9Co

post an aesthetic blank map

Happy new year, AFPG.

Not you, Hitlermod.

Okay, you as well...

Is the CK2 population system hardcoded to the nomadic government? It'd be pretty sweet to implement it for other government types in an overhaul mod.

that would end up being a fucking HUGE amount of work if it is even possible.

I like it. Is this Divergences of Darkness?

It could be fun. Modern day mod with a twist.