>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pscvwXYPcG0
imgur.com/a/TuQSh
youtube.com/watch?v=JBkRe_m21Z0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Honestly my first run through I thought smouldering lake was literally just the lake and Old Demon King, then second run through found the entire maze underground, I felt good about it because it was a surprise, now I hate it.

Caestus is fun but man do I wish they had better R1s and R2s. Why oh why did they have to copy/paste the DaS moveset.

I've never found any of those three to really be a problem. Und*** Settlement is a bit tedious but not bad overall except for the Evangelist who spits Gnaw at you down that alley. Farron Keep is easy to run through once you've done it once, and Smouldering Lake is actually fun to explore outside of the lava sections.

I've found Consumed King's Garden and Propane Hallway to be far worse, the former because of all the Pus of Man and the toxic ground, and the latter because of the giant fireball basin that keeps barraging you from clear across the map.

i want to take executioner smough to flavortown

I want to change my name in ds3 but I hear changing the number of characters will flag your account for suspicious activity, any truth to this or other things I need to watch out for?

Can we get some nice Souls art going? Try to post images that haven't been posted to death and back, and newer ones that not everybody might have.

From last thread:
I just want to know when I have to put the parry window on the attack. Because I can't seem to get one right. If I time it for when it's gonna hit, I get hit but not staggered while the parry animation is happening, but if I'm too early it doesn't count. Shit's hard.

Farron Keep is a god damn slog, but Smouldering Lake is fine since you're actually kept busy by the ballista and it doesn't last long at all, you grab your big Titty and either fall down into the maze through the floor or run past the worm.
I actually didn't know you could run past the worm until recently and always fell down through the floor

youtube.com/watch?v=pscvwXYPcG0

>tfw Gael is just a red, bearded Artorias

The general rule is, if it's a medium shield then press L2 just about at the same time as the enemy begins their windup animation, and if it's a parry shield then put it about a quarter second before the attack would hit you. I've found that letting them whiff the first attack and then parrying the second works quite well.

>tfw he's still the most fun fight in the game

Man some of the levels in DaS3 are just way too big for their own good.

well shit I started as a warrior and I keep getting fucked up by Gundyr because I try to roll but I roll slower than I think I should. I've already died like 7 times. Coming from DS2 I feel so much slower for whatever reason.

Are you drunk (not trolling serious question)? DS3 is literally light years faster than DS2.

/r/ing the 2 frame comic of dropping down into nito's lair, it's like, TIME FOR A SIPPEE, and then they get fucked by his appendage. havent seen that in a while.

Thanks, I think I can see what I was doing wrong.

I was talking about 3, in 1 and 2 I didn't have as much trouble as I'm having trying to get one in this.

I'm about a beer in, that's it. I did come from a SL ~140 dexfag character in DS2, so going from that to a warrior might be a factor

If you want easy mode then play as K***ht instead, the shield trivializes both Gundyr and the crystal lizard.

Try learning the roll timings, and then baiting out some of Gundyr's swings to get used to his attack timings.

I was talking about DaS3, I just posted a DaS2 webm to illustrate waiting to parry the second swing.

I've found Lothric K***hts to be very good parry practice enemies, same for Darkwraiths. Get used to those two, and you'll be well on your way.

DS3 has you on perma DWGR fastroll, and rolls cost so little stamina you can quite literally roll 20 times with a bit of endurance investment. And unless you were using a dagger or some shit, I can't see DS2 being faster. Even the warrior's battle axe is relatively fast, comparing it to how it is in DaS and DS2

Just make sure you're below 70% equip load.

looks like I am, can't math rn but I'm 29.5/51, that's around 50%?

You can see the load in the top right corner

It shows you in the status screen. If you're below 70%, the slowness is a placebo.

gotcha, I was looking in char stats. 57.8%. weird

So I sorta-kinda did a thing. I think I ended up getting back to full Estus (or close) because of killing enemies, but I didn't want to risk going all the way for the second shortcut in one go because of the giant.

I'm not even sure this is useful for anything, even for getting invaded, but I was kinda bored with doing the usual Cathedral run so I wanted to try something a little different.

>the weapon you think looks the nicest is always amongst the worst in its category

Spear (ok fine this one is understandable) Executioner's GS, CKGS, Carthus CGS, Lothric's Holy Sword, Falchion (DS3), Greataxe

>CKGS
>bad
You take that fucking back.

Handmaid's Dagger could've been so cool, but no, they had to make it uninfusable and unbuffable.

I mean it's not bad but it's definitely not the best UGS. Verticals aren't great for invasions, at least to me, and it doesn't really have much to itself to stand out.
If you have any tips on how to use it both for invading and duelfaggotry I'm all ears, I love this thing's design.

I'm going to do an Executioner's Greatsword run next time I play DaS3. Viability be damned, it looks cool as fuck.

Agreed. All it needs to be good is to be infusable for fuck's sake, it has the whirly stomp which I think is nice and I also really like the Bastard Sword moveset (fuck you claymore), it's got really good range, and decent damage already, it'd be great infused. The WA is also really nice for PVE and even sometimes for invasions.

Can't believe From made it so it can't be infused. That and the Eleanora might have unique attributes, but they're definitely not good enough to justify such a gimping.

I've never tried to use Eleonora since it looks a bit too much like a toy to me, but can you not infuse that either? It looked like a cool gimmick weapon What the fuck From

appreciate it brother. idk why i thought it was 2 frames...

From just hates fun.
That and they refused to learn from what DS2 did right just because of its flaws.

why is the dragonslayer armour buddy buddy with midir? am i missing lore???

time is convoluted lmao

you find the dragonslayer again in TRC and maybe it got scared of midir and decided they could be friends instead?

beat Iudex, lost all my souls to dying twice to Sword Master. Fucking RIP.

Ah, the true Dark Souls™ experience. Thanks, Miyazaki!

Can I join the Darkwraiths without the Lordvessel?

Will Kaathe let me join if I just go kill Sif, the red KKK guy, and then the 4 Kings immediately after arriving in Firelink?

In DaS2 sotfs, should I pick an ascetic as my gift to cheese dragonrider twice for early bonus souls, or a petrified something for a chance at a dragon bone?

stupid sexy sulyvahn

I'm just gonna say fuck it and go knight. That's in a good enough spot to use most weapons, right?

i dont know, i doubt it...description reads "The Armour, defeated by the Champion of Ash in Lothric, was left ages to rust, until it slipped into an abyssal swamp, where it was possessed once again by the memory of the hunt"
so in usual memezakee fashion, who the fuck knows...

I just get healing wares for free moss and big gems. It really doesn't matter.

What are good earlygame uses of souls to level up? whatever damage stat you're going to use and endurance?

And most armor. K***ht's 15 vit makes them the most fashionable starting class.

Nah breh just Raw it for the first bit there, Anor Londo is the earliest you need to start focusing on your damage stat. And if you're a caster, you can just Raw it the whole way unless a heavy/sharp/refined version of your weapon of choice would be stronger even at base (which is the case for a lot of weapons)

According to the wiki he will appear even when you haven’t retrived the lordvessel so i suppose you can

so what do I do then, pump endurance and vigor to what, 30?

Depends on what your final level is. If you're stopping at 60, you can afford to stop at 22 if you're using pchain.

Also what is your build even

>str/dex/vit requirements for your weapons
>adp until you're comfortable with your i-frames

I'm not stopping anywhere, I don't really care about PvP personally. Don't have a concrete plan for stats, aiming for str weapons like splitleaf halberd. This is pretty much my first playthrough of 3.
DS3 m8, sorry.

>I'm not stopping anywhere, I don't really care about PvP personally

Oh then get your Vigor up. In pure PVE there's no point in having more than 1440 HP (until like NG+4) so you can safely stop at 22 because there is nothing that can oneshot you if you're embered.

If you've really got your heart set on something like the splitleaf halberd, that's an endgame weapon that you can't access until you've beaten the Soul of Gwynder anyway, but you can get started with the Lucerne hammer. Get your End somewhere comfortable then start pumping Str

Gotcha, thanks. I'm not too sure on if I'm going to end up with it, just watching it's moveset it looks fun to use so that's why I latched onto it. I figured it'd be best to go str or maybe quality with a Knight start. If I wanted dex I'd go Mercenary from the looks of it.

The claymore and lucerne hammer are available at the first "real" area so you should be able to decide whether you wanna quality or str depending on how you feel about those weapon classes

>tfw I need to go back to DaSPTD or DaS2 just to feel like lightning spears are worthwhile

Like no joke even after the nerf you still get more lightning spears in DaS2 and they do far more than they do in DaS3

And remember how DaS Sunlight Spears pancaked motherfuckers?

>DaS Sunlight Spears pancaked motherfuckers
Probably why they got nerfed.
Miyazaki got fucking nuked harder than Hiroshima by a miracle build and got so pissy he officially tried to screw over clerics at every possible turn when developing future titles involving them.

> when the your opponent's connection is so bad you think that relying on fucked up hit reg is part of his strategy

>if you're using a shield, get rid of it and learn to dodge.

This but for the entire game. The only time a shield was useful to me was when I was semi-grinding Giant Lord and I had it up in case I fucked up my rolls.

May the flames guide thee into 2018.

the sound of a bonfire is underrated ASMR, even though it's like a 5 second loop. i've used it more times than i'd like to admit to fall asleep.

>he doesn't own any Bitcoins

Stop reminding me.

For the one guy who wanted it, here are all my drawfag requests so far imgur.com/a/TuQSh

>he uses bitcoin
>he doesn't use Monopoly money

What would a Steiner build be like?

Gay

Steiner had Beatrix that lucky dog. I meant Adelbert Steiner btw.

>the Divine Spear Fragment will never be a real miracle you can get as the covenant's final reward
feels bad man

damn i forgot if it was ds2 or ds3 that had garbage spears, too deep into my faith build to turn back now though

What if they made a Dark Souls in the wild west?
youtube.com/watch?v=JBkRe_m21Z0

Steiner became my favourite FFIX character at some point over the years:
>honorable n' shit
>strong as fuck party member with his sword abilities
>questions the implications of his knightly vows while staying loyal to the ideal
>no time for Zidane's faggotry until he starts showing results
>fuggs Beatrix

why
is
dark
souls
so
fucking
slow

Get good

It isn't. It's faster than DS1.

ds1 is a million times more responsive

and doesn't try to fuck you over as much

He was an underrated character. Especially in battle. He was a powerhouse. My favorite knight in a game.

Neither of those things have to do with speed and both of them are memes.

when i press O I expect to roll
when i press R1 i expect to swing

ds2 responds to those commands when it feels like it

Fuck year Steiner. Seconding your request for a build.

2 has good spears, just limited casts until you have huge Attunement. 3's spears are just shit all around. You'll only land them by trading with poisecasting and at that point you should just use Lightning Stake instead of any of the Spear miracles.

Get good. Each of the games feels radically different from the others, so deal with it or skip on to DaS3 like the casual pleb that you so clearly are.

>the get good meme

The bosses in ds2 are not even fucking hard. They're slow, predictable and boring. It's the retarded ass unresponsive controls that fuck you over, I estus a mile away from the fucking boss, and there's a 5 second unskippable animation I can't roll out of. When the game does decide to let me roll out of an attack, I somehow still get hit despite the attack visually not even connecting.

2 has good spears but they're limited until you can stack spears (and you have Licia's hood). You get 3 GLS scrolls in an NG run and they're enough to butcher everything, let alone your spare LS casts.

not to mention, I'm like 4 bosses in and I have 3 estus. 3 fucking estus, the game starts you off with one. They just tried to make this game as hard as possible by fucking you over. it's not even fun

It makes me feel depressed to play knowing this is what I'm doing on new years

To be fair, you need a very high IQ to appreciate DS2.

>the DaS2 is shit meme

>4 bosses in
>3 Estus
you're a fucking retard

>there's a 5 second unskippable animation I can't roll out of

It's almost as though they wanted healing to be punishable

Unless you're using Lifegems