Slablands Bug and Typo Reports:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1l0nMswToZ5ZMLL7vLwMdKU_mE8rmz70NC7Hz5XUzUD0/viewform

Slablands changelog:
docs.google.com/document/d/1noFLFeDmuGPv4rfd_6fyqLCbC-VdPpaWb1S-8kr-1t4/edit

>F.A.Q s
pastebin.com/qMKLk0hH
>Other important resources and links
pastebin.com/3T9vyZN4

Hey, you, browsing this shit! Consider writing/editing for Slablands to COMBAT THE ANTHROPOMORPHIC, FUTA, FEMDOM MENACE! (note: writing a submission is actually a pretty huge undertaking! Consider adding content for existing contributions or joining other people's projects first before starting your own, we don't need 6576534 half-finished unique NPCs.)
Writing is nice, but if you don't feel up to that task, try editing for one of the projects! Every comment helps!

Project Lists:
Slablands: docs.google.com/document/d/1WHpHx_mZ0lV9r-I9XdsgyLuN5Yiaf61v3IhaDbSuvQs/edit
No pastebins allowed, use etherpad or google docs

>Wiki
slablands.wikia.com/

Friends of Slablands
pastebin.com/dtr2Lxg5

Previous thread Aco thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1ZZdSV2DQzZfc2f6CJr-yu0r7FoPG23wJnLbjhJubV2E/edit#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wonder what place goos have in the world

Good doggos

an offshoot of the water elemental race?

Could be. Where would they normally live and interact with people though?

octopeople

So are their bits in the middle of the octopus half?

maybe they descend from water elementals that got corrupted at some point (when the malakim first appeared or when they got turned into demons/angels), so there's a big lagoon or bay full of goo people somewhere, but goopeople migrated every which way

Happy new year to the Jersey devil

Best way to greet New Years is with a few beers.

We have an octoshota

Are there any elementals in the game now besides fire elementals?

There's a couple enemy ones like the rock elemental.

I went with the more classy champagne

Happy new year to the Wisconsin hodag

benis in bagina

itty bitty pixies

or sprites

GOLEMS

Happy new years assholes. i'm tired as fuck from work so i probably won't write before going to bed.

I enabled commenting on the pangolin doc, i am still learning how to use google doc.
Based on the results the straw poll, Solaris will have a different personality from Solera. I've also decided that the player can be locked out of gaining them as follower by failing seduction and recruitment rolls twice. I'll be updating the summary section of thier doc sometime soon.

fEDORAS

Are awful

Nah. He's clearly making a play on words about Edoras, that one place in Lord of the Rings, and the signature fedoras they manufacture as their main export.

So they'll have a Charisma check?

So...to recruit them we must have high Charisma then...?

So charisma has some use after all

Best stat

I honestly think you're making a mistake giving them different personalities. You're doubling the work for yourself.

So we town events in the project list and a character that does tfs. Does this mean we can finally move forward since that's what tats usually asks for?

I think the tf character needs an area or something doesn't it?

>Best stat

At what? does it help combat in any way? or help any skills?

If neither of these are a no,Charisma is useless like in fallout

Tree girls

Yesm they will require a Charisma check for seduction and leasdership for recruitment

I don't mind the extra work, but we'll se how it goes.

Is it possible to recruit them without having sex with them?

Trying to play the game without being a manslut

Yes! The idea is that if you dont have enough charisma, you can try to recruit them out right. If recruit them first you must the earn the sex scenes once they are living the forges. You will also be able to turn down those scenes too.

You have seduce them twice for them to want to join you. My idea behind it is that since the elementals are indifferent to humans, it's easier to to inspire them. They are aware of the general sexual nature of the land so they require two seductions so that they gain some kind of reassurance the PC is committed to them, and not just doing a shoot 'n' scoot.

In fact, with seduction the PC doesn't learn their name until after the second seduction scene, where as with Recruitment you learn more about the elemental up front.

I want a tangle difference between the two choices.

Milk girls

So we have events for every town in the project list. What's next Tatoba?

ambos

Edits, and updates, as always.
If Caede is ready, then the new intro and Caede as an initial guide takes priority.
If not, then rebalancing the fortress.
That's until Erebus gets done.

TFs are going to be fun to code in

Angry protesters

Good news! After hearing back from Sheepie I'm glad to finally be able to show off the scene I wrote for Alice, the cat-girl tailor.

I added it under the link to her completed main doc under "Implemented Projects - Catgirl tailor". Feel free to read it. I'll be working on the female version of the scene when I need to take breaks from writing Solaris/Solera.

Also, I think we should add a permanent "Additional Scenes" doc to the "Active Projects" list. I think this would be a better way to organize additional scene and let be viewed way easier by editors and authors.

Have it set up like the main project list:
Active Projects:
Additional scenes:
(Entire new doc)
[Character]
[Scene written by]
[Link]
[Comments]
[Approved by character author?] y/n

If this sounds good to everyone I'll add it to list unless someone beats me to it. Thank you to whomever assaulted my solaris doc with comments, i'll be going through them while I eat and catch up on One Piece. I'm taking today off from work do handle some chores, and plan to make substantial progress on Solaris/Solera.

So a section exclusively for later additions to an implemented project?

yes. Maybe actually just call it "Project Expansions" This way if someone wants to add more to a town or something they can also go here, and we just have normal sub-sections like the main list.

Luck and cha master race

Teacher girl

Yin yang girls

Why not code the events for the cities while you're waiting?

Also I meant what do you want from the writers next

Quasi Deity

Because I haven't got the confirmation that they are ready to be added.

Witch that wants you to make her a potion to make her young again

Went through the new bathhouse/inn, the town events, the new Alice scene, something for Tats, and a bit more of Winona today.

I just finished editing them right now, only a couple small notes and grammar/typo corrections so those can probably be handled just fine while adding them if the writer isn't around at the moment.

You know, if there are things you want to add you could always reach out and ask sapros to edit them. You are the creator of the game.

No croc witch? Also eta on the beach stuff?

Not today, I'll handle her next though. As for the beach, I'm still working on shops. Can't edit and write at the same time so nothing more has been done since last night. I'll get some words down to keep the streak going, though.

Charisma is supposed to effect summons but there's only one weapon with a summon on it, which is the level 1 skull. I'd assume it's supposed to be like DnD, where charisma isn't just a social stat, but is also a measure of your force of will/confidence which affects how well you cast from your raw magical talent.

Since magic is for the most part confined to which weapon you're using and we probably wouldn't want the skill list to be fuckhuge I wonder how many different weapons there could be without using the same type too many times. I'd assume there'd already end up being a lot of staffs and stuff for just regular int based magic spells so summons would likely need to be creative in how they are created.

Dead things should not look that good.

Cute zombies are my thing.

What's the croc witch?

enjoy the dick-rot

Need anything written for the beach?

Dark heroines

Don't date a zombie who's too cheap to shell out for a Gentle Repose spell.

Any small town events, small beach events, or minor non-sexual mobs would all be great. I like to write a few for each hub to fluff things out so they don't feel empty, but more is always welcome. The beach has a few already, but small sexual encounters in the town would be nice too, since I wasn't planning on doing any before moving on to Erebus.

I believe we already have sexual and non-sexual beach events as well as mobs

>but small sexual encounters in the town would be nice too
how about homeless zombies in alleys giving handjobs for a cast of gentle repose

I know we have sexual ones, but I'd have to check again to see if there are non-sexual events or mobs. It's been a while. If all three boxes are ticked, I'll just write the area mini-boss I like to do that drops a neat piece of equipment. Either way, the town is definitely still clear.

The first zombie town is next, along with all the zombie lore. Right now we're on a sandy beach trade city with iguana and seagull people, among others.

>seagulls
but they are literally the raccoons of the sky and should be treated as such

What's a big trade hub without scavengers and thieves?

one that is pure of filth

There's the clamboy, the seasnake and the sharkboy, 5 events, and the crab and kraken tentacle.

A boring one. Gotta have that local trouble for plotlines.

Alright, I found the doc with the beach stuff in it:

docs.google.com/document/d/1ZZdSV2DQzZfc2f6CJr-yu0r7FoPG23wJnLbjhJubV2E/edit#

There's plenty of events but I'll probably add a few mobs, I think 5 is a good starting number so I'll probably do two regular monsters and a mini-boss.

Yep, just about to post the above. I just want to add some mobs. All of those are edited too so they should go into the same update.

Anyway, that means what we need most is town fluff. I think some stuff with merchants or sailors would be neat, since that's the two main prongs of the town theme.

>The first zombie town is next
Which is that? I assumed we'd be going clockwise around the map and the undead continent would be the penultimate continent before the origin isles or something like that? It seems like it would make more sense that we'd go through a bunch more biomes and especially a human settlement before we hit that stuff.

What about a list of overall generic mobs that can be transplanted into any area? Random mugger, wild dogs, etc.

The northernmost one, hub is going to be a wealthy Mediterranean-style town and the area will transition from the coast to a perpetually dead forest with bare trees.

I'm writing the western branch since the other way is through the elf hub, which Tats wants to do. Eventually the boat from either port should be able to take you to any continent.

I think someone talked about those before, the issue is that they'd be kinda same-y, they'd have to be supplementary rather than the main group of mobs.

But wait, so we actually are going to hop over the strait or something and go from the desert to the undead continent?

The path is down the trade route to the beach area, then from there you can walk to the coral area optionally or just take the boat to the undead area, at least initially.

at the very least they could be used as place holders until the more detailed ones are written. This way Tato has something to put in if a writer or something is causing a delay on finishing a mob and doesn't want to wait to implement it.

I'm doing most of the hubs and will have at least 5 per area to start, it shouldn't be a problem.

What's the town like? I don't recall seeing it in the project list.

I could write some events with merchants trying to draw you in to try their wares, or arguing with sailors over prices and broken deals and stuff like that

Captian slab when

Spurdos when?

So Mountains > Forest > Countryside > Plains > Desert > Beach > Coral or First Undead Continent area?
>At least initially
What does that mean?

Also what's the plan from there on out? Sounds like it's not going to be linear anymore after we hit the beach and we can choose where to go from there on out. I just kind of want a feel for the kind of progression I should be expecting since I was totally wrong.

I meant to ask your opinion on this idea for additional content.

imo you should add them as new projects under whatever heading for completion they are, because right now you don't know they're there at all unless you're looking for them

It's meant to be a huge trade hub between the desert and the underwater areas, so you see a huge mix of people and merchants there to sell wares, people from the desert city and even the rest of Hyperion, underwater races using magic to get around, and amphibious races. It's a very eclectic and wealthy place with all kinds of exotic goods. I wanted the main people, the founders of the town and its main permanent inhabitants, to be marine iguanas and seagull harpies, with things like hermit crab, sea turtle, and harp seal people also featuring as other coastal peoples. Architecturally, I was thinking white stone buildings in the main part of the town, decorated with expensive materials from the sea. Nearer the coast and on the beach, you start to see more wooden and temporary-looking structures in addition to coral, more fishing shacks and beach merchants than the wealthy and solidly land-based district. Because the sea is warm, shallow for a while, and protected by a long strip of reef, it's so calm that the town even continues into the sea itself. Plenty of buildings built on stilts out into the ocean or even in underwater themselves, where citizens who prefer to stay in the water would live. Down here you'd see mostly buildings made from shipped in coral. There's a 'land path' lit by bio-luminescent kelp all the way from the city to the reef itself on the ocean floor. There's a good amount of ports too, where the merchant ships will be and intercontinental trade happens, and this is the rougher part of the town because of the sailors and such hanging around.

I think both of your ideas sound pretty good, you'd probably have plenty of people in the coastal markets trying to sell you every little thing, and the sailors shouting and causing trouble.

At least if you go west, yes.

>What do you mean?
Eventually the boat can take you to any continent, it's just the undead area initially because that's what I'll write first.

I feel that having them on the main list is just going add a bunch of clutter to list. The way I'm suggesting is that you would click on "Project Expasnions" were the google doc link would bring you a whole other table of contents. This would include additional sex and/or dialogue scenes, a new feature to a shop or something. it would act a list for people to post submissions to already complete projects that were written by someone else. For example, my scenes for Alice and the Pangolin Girl would be on this list, but Solaris/Solera are on the main project list.

Sweet. I think I'll write up three events, one with sex attached to it maybe.

If you were pickpocketed and were going to demand sex as payment, what sort monsterperson would you like the pickpocket to be

We can reuse some of the urban mobs for multiple cities and towns, right?

Anyway, I'm not sure what the progression will be exactly. I can't imagine a big port with my plans for the southern part of the continent, though there could be one from the demon hub. Hopefully there's some plot by that point to figure out where to go. Whether I go and write Physis next or... whatever we named the ice continent is also unknown, a lot is hanging on if we'll have a plot to push us along and what that necessitates.

Ah, whoops. I think it might be a better idea to add a sort of tag or comment description for those kinds of documents, rather than putting them in a new place. Such a doc would get confusing as they are implemented/slabbed, so it wouldn't be clear where they were in the game, if at all.

Would the new doc be partitioned similarly to the main one? I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure if it'll become a big problem compared to the clutter of new projects, and there's the argument to be made that it would obscure the projects if they were two links in.

Seagull and crab people are probably the most pickpockety types, just going off of stereotypes.

Theoretically, but most cities don't really have a hostile zone or anything, I think most enemies are one-time/event related in towns.

I'll make new example doc to show you how i think it should/could work