/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #692

''Happy New Year, /lisg/!'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Farewell - Behind the Scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=19z8RzlatS4

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − Early 2018

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14521611
strawpoll.me/14521629
strawpoll.me/14658218
strawpoll.me/14659151
strawpoll.me/14659805
strawpoll.me/14692832

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=yDJ1YWvlIB8
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
instaud.io/1fcX
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Feliz nuevo año

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

>Pricefield visits Australia during the middle of Summer
Pricefield why?! Come is a comfier season!

Chloe is #1

You know how Chloe gets when she has an idea in her head

Would Max piss in a diaper for Chloe's approval?

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

>tfw west coast user
still in 2017 heh

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

Hello everyone!

It has been a while but we haven't sung any Before the Storm songs so we thought it might be fun to do a /lisg/ sings again.

The song we are going to be singing is "No Below" by Speedy Ortiz.

youtube.com/watch?v=yDJ1YWvlIB8

>How do I record this?
Use Audacity or something, there are plenty of programs that do this. If you don’t have a mic just use your phone.
Try singing the whole song in 1 go. If you don't want to do the whole song, that's fine. Sing the part you like, it'll be edited in at the right 'time'.
Make sure it is JUST YOUR VOICE. No song in the background.

>Okay how do I send in my files?
Email your files to [email protected]
You can add them in the attachment or upload them somewhere where the files can be downloaded from. Try to avoid Vocaroo as it makes the quality shit.

>When is the deadline
You can send in your files till the 17th of January.
If you’re a little later it’s not too bad, the editing won’t start right away but try to do it before then.

>I can’t sing!!!
No one gives a shit, it’s just for fun. You don't have to be embarrassed. Try to join when you can! The more the merrier.

DELETE THIS

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

ALWAYS

Same

>Rachel wearing a choker
Shouldn't Amberpricers try to downplay the whole "cocksucking slut" look for Rachel?

y

Has music user posted the flacs of the latest episode yet? I haven't been around much sorry

because chloe is only for max

sweet!

Summer 2010 was probably the stuff of legends.

A shame that Max will always be second fiddle to to that "cocksucking slut"

Max enjoying her NYE

>Meanwhile, 12:00am, January 1st, 2011

>Meanwhile, 12:00am, January 1st, 2011

You're determined to die upon this hill eh?

Fatty fatty two by four.

Kate probably convinced Victoria to join in.

Would Katie be a good sighted guide for a suddenly blind Victoria whose parents weren't willing to help her?

>On January 1st, 2011 Frank Bowers took sexual photos of a child in his RV

W O W

We all know that was January 1st, 2013, idiot.

Starlight
I will be chasing a starlight
Until the end of my life

What a sad thought. But yes, of course she would.

You're right, but regardless, she's an uncaring backstabbing slut and Chloe deserves better

Hey that's not true!
She cared a lot about Frank

I don't necessarily agree with that assessment of Rachel, but Chloe didn't choose to love her.

Almost everyone Chloe knew warned her, Rachel's own parents included. Even psycho Eliot knew she was a ticking time bomb.

I wouldn't say Chloe deserved someone better. She deserved Rachel, because that's who she wanted above all else. What she deserved was better treatment from Rachel.

Am I the only one who felt like James' conspiracy with Damon felt really over-the-top and contrived?

no

Why is that a sad thought?
Victoria could be dead.

happy almost at least for me new year, hopefully this year will be great for all of you and also be the year where i finally decide to off myself

Stop dying

happy new >queer

>tfw no Chloe gf that will pick me up and carry me to bed when i fall asleep on the couch

Yeah well I like Rachel and all but when she says the same to both Chloe and Frank, and abandons both for the Dark Room I don't know user. She comes down as a whore, no matter how I look at it.

how did james dodge a prison sentence or at the very least getting disbarred and fired

I don't know. To me it kind of felt like Deck Nine were going to great lengths to justify a detail from the original game that was pretty inconsequential. We knew that Rachel wanted to leave and Chloe mentions that her parents aren't that concerned. So we have this melodramatic plot twist where James does something truly evil and betrays his daughter's trust.

I'd kill to be in California right now, weather here is just shit. And not the good winter wonderland kind of shit but dreary, bitterly cold, possibly raining possibly snowing but mostly just grey and miserable shit.

Chloe has the maturity level of a 12 year old.

Chloe and Rachel dancing at a New Years Party on December 31st, 2010.

I'm on the phone with Veeky Forums customer support and if you don't delete this picture now they will ban your account

What are everyone's new years resolutions?

Mine are to lose weight (I have about 20 kg left down from 50 kg) and to learn programming well enough to get a job and stop being a NEET, doesn't have to be amazing job just a job would do for a start.

What if LiS2 doesn't have cute girls in it?

>30kg

How short are you?

cute traps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cute girls

LiS1 was praised a lot for having teenage girls in an industry where there are practically no girls, nevermind teenage ones, as major characters so I don't think they'll go down the gay route.

They might make the main character trans, though, and be the first (real) game with a trans protagonist. The funny thing is I wouldn't mind it even since characters are Dontnod's biggest strength so I feel they could make her good.

Not just short, I was just really fat (my ideal weight is ~75 kg and I was close to 120). I finally grew tired of being a fatass last year and lost most of the weight but not all and now I've been stuck in the 90s for a good long while.

Well congrats.

You'll probably find that you'll be pure skelly at 60

To be honest I hope so. I was skelly as a kid and tween but got depressed and shit and gained ton of weight in high school and have been fat ever since.

I'd love to go back to being a spooky scary skeleton

Getting hench is mine. I've lost weight and inches, but not enough. Eating a little better and getting more gym time will help.

Okay a belgian podcast pretended to get some leaks regarding the season 2. Obviously it should be taken with a pinch of salt but it doesn't give too much information to sound fake:
- the game takes place in the US, but somewhere in the East Coast this time
- Two playable characters this time, the lead being female. They don't know for the second one.
- The characters will be slightly more aged (university?)
- New power which will connect strongly with max's powers. They don't know what it really means either
- It will be episodic
- their source wouldn't tell them when the game will take place. Could it be before LiS and then explain somehow Max's powers?

H-hot

>Two playable characters this time
I dislike this. Not in this particular instance, but in all vidya.

>trusting the Belgians with anything but misappropriating EU money and waffles
But fuck it, I'll play your game because I ain't got shit to do until the others wake up.

>US, East Coast
If they're going Urban or Urban(ish), I'd guess Boston or Atlanta. If not, I'd guess Pennsylvania, one of the Carolinas, or non-NYC New York.

>Two playable characters (one female, other unknown)
>older than LiS (though possibly this just means older than Chloe in BtS)
Good. More agency for the player, hopefully.
I expect the other one to be female, a tranny, or a non-straight male, probably a female unless they have a non-other Protagonist love interest

>connect strongly with Max's powers
OH FUCK NO. Time powers were a mistake once, they better not go for round two.

>Episodic
Okay we can trust the Belgians here.

>Could it explain
Fuck no. They might try, but they're going to fail. They had their chance and they blew it, they really don't need to try again.

>the lead being female
>New power which will connect strongly with max's powers
It sounds too good to be true.

Pretty much what said.

They REALLY pushed the "nobody would publish our game because of the female protagonists, we were so BRAVE for pushing for it and not backing down" angle during interviews/marketing for Season 1. For Dontnod to abandon this for their followup - given the extra freedom they presumably have over these details now that the franchise is much more secure - would look pretty bad. They could probably get away with using "some other minority", so long as one of the most prominent characters was also female, but I really can't see them using straight males (especially straight white males) for the main characters.

Having any powers related to Time-travel is not a good thing to do again in LiS considering the disaster in Episode 4&5, this would only bring more plotholes.

source to the podcast? Is it in Dutch or French?

If you make predictions based on the pervious game and current trends, you will get some correct "leaks".
I'm sure the only things that are actually true about those "leaks" were probably that the game will be Episodic and featuring a lead female character. And this is nothing new or surprising when we talk about a Life is Strange game. The rest of it is probably bullshit. Time will tell I guess.

That’s so pure

>frank is a good guy dude beans lmao

At least a few of those points there have been floating around as rumours for a while now, especially the east coast setting. This doesn't mean much, because if you were trying to make up convincing sounding leaks to drive traffic to your site/podcast, it makes sense to just use variations of what's already floating around. Grain of salt, and all that.

Perhaps the most interesting detail, however, would be this:

>- New power which will connect strongly with max's powers. They don't know what it really means either

Keep in mind that the most significant change to BtS, as described by Leakanon (though not really present in any of the leaked files), was that the Mill scene in Episode 3 was supposed to reveal that Sera had supernatural powers, therefore confirming that Rachel, as her daughter, had them too. This was supposed to confirm the idea that Rachel caused the S1 storm - she has supernatural powers to control the elements, her Tempest character was known for summoning storms, etc. But then, for whatever reason, Deck Nine changed this scene to eliminate the supernatural elements, throwing a bunch of the previous setup from the game under the bus with no payoff. The feeling seems to be that they were forced to change their characterisation/origin of the supernatural stuff.

BtS is a canon entry into the franchise, so its use of the supernatural has to jive with whatever Dontnod are doing ... it needs to stay consistent with whatever they're doing for Season 2. This is all a round-about way of suggesting: maybe these elements were changed reasonably late in BtS' development because it turns out Dontnod wanted to take the origin/explanation of the supernatural elements in a different direction? If, in the end, Square Enix gave Dontnod precedence, this may have screwed over some of Deck Nine's plans? S2's concept was in development prior to BtS though, IIRC, so why wouldn't these issues have been raised earlier?

Just a thought tho. Probably wrong.

>huuurrrrr insulting a person who owns you money is evil

fuck dontnod

There should be an industry law banning not exposing plot

It's a shitty writing method like the value witch where they don't show the fucking witch

>accidentally hit tab
>see this

fuck.. also why was max such a bitch and ignoring chloe all those years? i cant remember if they explained it in the first game

Because dontnod didn't want max to contact Chloe

The end

>i cant remember if they explained it in the first game
They explained it in both games: Max is a bit of an anxiety-laden mess who has trouble communicating. She puts these sorts of things off because she isn't sure what to say, then she gets guilty for putting them off, and it just snowballs from there. See her text messages to Chloe in BtS where she uses the "Sorry I'm sooo bad at replying!!" type comments, or her internal monologue in the first half of S1:Ep1 where she talks about how she really should try to get back into contact with Chloe now that she's back in town ... but [insert excuses here].

That is because you are a faggot and nobody loves you.

Zip it, dyke

And heavily introverted. Its conneted to the factor of William's death when you see the AU timeline where Max is not that wrack and seems to be very well integrtaed into everything.

Her social anxiety, inner monolgues, need for a comfort zone, introverted kind and such signs are really interessting and led to many interessting talks about her character profile. Her IEP status is also interessting for that.

Reminder that from May 6th, 2010 onward these were Chloe's only priorities.

>mfw
instaud.io/1fcX

Saved her from dying multiple times and killed a guy.

max was left off bad and boujee

sorry user

Oops, posted the wrong picture

Uses the same language as Chloe.

That's kind of sad. Which episode is that audio from?

kek at all those amberpricefieldfags who think that Chloe wouldn't eventually come together with Max and leave Rachol or that Rachol could ever overcome her selfishness enough to even let Chloe hang out with Max, let alone be fine with all of them having some shagging together when in reality following her established character she would eventually become a jealous bitter possessive stalker who follows Max and Chloe around and tries to sabotage their time together.

>takes a selfie