/assg/ - Asymmetrical Slasher Series General

Happy New Year Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
In development. Class based with weaker killers. Beta Delayed yet again.
lastyearthegame.com

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1480982338946530500

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/index

>/assg/ discord
discord.gg/KcvjKYm

I-is that a dead thread?!

Other urls found in this thread:

clips
youtube.com/watch?v=xrnYrR6aeOI
youtube.com/watch?v=8VotnRkrvw8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>people who give up on the hook when there's 2 streamers AND I'm farming
I'll never understand survivors. I got 2 hooks on everyone but ace just let himself die without struggling. Hell, he was the one who burned the other streamer.

Is prestiging/P3ing worth it if I want to play at the highest level of this game?

I don't care about the cosmetics, but having more of the best items seems like it would be actually useful for gameplay.

Night Out Nea and Jenny Myers best waifus.

Best boy!

Quentin Smith

I've not noticed a difference in rarity really.

>The Doctor is based on a Chinese shock therapist

First best sibling post of 2018!

>leatherface
>someone get's hooked
>see someone go for the rescue
>both get downed at the hook
>do THREE (3) gens
>open the gate
>leave
>"wtf user I hate you, you didn't do anything"
>"you even have borrowed time"
>rank 1 fucker with meme perks like ace up in the hole
so how are those 2018 games going user?

post yfw you get unhooked next to the killer without borrowed time

>guy in dying state
>killer searching for me
>manage to lost him
>go and try to heal him
>motherfucker wasn't even healing when on the floor
fuck you faggot

>yfw styptic agent and sprint burst

It helps keep Dark Sense and Deja Vu from appearing at every level of the bloodweb

Duuddd earlier me and my friend Abaxis played on Haden Field and we found glitch spots, we promised the killer we would let him kill us if he let us do gens , find glitch spots, and open exit gates. So we opened the first exit gate after everything and then the Freddy put us in dream world as we were using a No Mither build with Dead Hard and he was about to his us and we Dead Harded to escape and we laughed hard... We got a couple hate messages from him but it was all worth it in the end

dead hard

this is the best screenshot ever taken of a survivor

Any time I only have 3 survivors load in, I play as usual, but when I down someone a 3rd time I carry them to gen and let them wiggle out and do it.

They catch in right away, but without fail one person ALWAYS kills themselves as soon as I hook them the second time.

I can think of 3 different instances of this happening in the last week alone.

I even had one David stay the entirw duration of the match to piss on me afterwards, but the two Bills that I farmed with told him to fuck off, so that was nice.

Happy New Year /asg/ /dbdg/! Here's hoping you 4k many SWF memesquads with flashlights!

typical

>Survivors crouching near a wall when I play Freddy
>Bang the wall next to them

WARRIORS
COME OUT AND PLAY-EEE-AAAY

>mfw when I come here every few hours to see if someone screenshotted me as Leatherface.

Why is the optimization for this game so abysmal? It looks like a last-gen game like Skyrim, but has much worse framerates despite needing to render fewer objects.

Same, I've been camping for pips because I want the rank achievements. Then i can play for real fun when I don't have to worry about them anymore.

>i am leatherface. Down one, hook instantly. See remaining three sprinting to hook. Gas up chainsaw and down two before hitting a tree. Hooked survivor doc's, first chainsaw victim spinning in circles, second chainsaw victim dc's and the last unknown survivor dc's.

Playing as killer is fun.

>3 survivors still alive
>Billy downs Nea and tries to use her as live slug bait
>she crawls into the corner of the map with absolutely nothing around

Why are some survivors completely retarded? This wasn't even a new player.

So, as a new nurse I'm slowly getting the hang of the blinking thing. But there's a couple of issues I'm still having:

Mostly, how do I find survivors easier? I go to a generator, somebody clearly has been working on it and is hiding from me. Search everywhere, they're nowhere to be found. Blink away, and they're right back on it.

Like fuck. That's 98% of the reason why I can't get more kills as nurse. And it's not like this as badly for other killers.

>Stridor 3
>short blink away twice then long blink right back
Don't do this every time otherwise people will learn to wait
Consider messing around in KYF to get a good feel on exactly where your terror radius reaches so you don't blink away only for them to keep hiding because the heartbeat never went away. Monitor&Abuse can help with this, but there's better perks you can take.
And you only need to hit enter once, dingus

Honestly if Part 7 Jason got to use the variety of weapons that he does in the film, he'd become 10/10 immediately. Lawn-strimmer kills pls

>game bugs and interface isn't visible
>can't even see scores after game
>no menus work
Couldn't do anything that had skill checks, so just spent the round palleting a wraith.

The single most fun game of survivor I've had

I wish other killers were handled with as much care as Myers. He seems like the only killer they gave a lot of shit about, and didn't just rush him out, even if he's not the strongest.
>unique sounds taken from the movies
>original animations
>an add-on system that doesn't feel like a complete waste of bp
>rare add-ons that actually change playstyle
>an actual killer mode with ulra rare

For most the add-ons extend at "you do this, but faster" even az very rare, while Hag's and Nurse's reach the level of "what were they thinking?".

I love watching twitch streamers point of view when I am killer

clips twitch tv/CrispyGrossJamBudBlast

put it .'s before and after twitch

you can press backspace
>ex. xxxx.twitch.
tv\xxxxxx
and make it a lot easier for everyone involved

how long until double bp is over?

28th - 2nd jan

I ask how long because I don't want to look up timezones. How many hours?

>it's another rank 1 killer who has been mindbroken from being looped so many times

feels bad man

I feel like I'm getting stuck on air in this game all the time. Both killer and survivor.

LOL
That shit happened to me a few times yesterday.

>hag
>rolling with urban evasion
>guy hooked in the middle of nowhere
>crouch my ass into the hook
>see claudette running despite knowing I'm going for the unhook
>see her triggering all the traps
really tired of all this people farming unhooks and then blamming teammates/killers

imagine being freddy
youtube.com/watch?v=xrnYrR6aeOI

>be bill
>person hooked in struggle phase against billy
>dont wanna use BT yet because still too early in the game
>heartbeat
>fuck it lets use bt
>start running, about to do unhook
>suddenly claud appears behind me and does the unhook even though I was RIGHT THERE
>recently unhooked person goes down instantly because no bt
>now I have to run away because claud sprintbursted away leaving no trace
Why is it ALWAYS Clauds

we feel freddy is in a pretty good place right now

>Devour all the hope for the first time
>Mori the obsession without her using her decisive
>Prestige Dwight ragequits when I find him in a locker
>let the other two escape
>we chat pleasantly endscreen
Matchmaking's fucking with me right now, but sometime's you remember why you like this game.

>Prestige
I meant legacy.

anyone else getting shit from their teammates?
share your stories /assg/

>have Bill daily
>burn party streamers I have on him
>3 blink ruin hardcamping Nurse

No wonder I don't see survivors use PS.

>teammates
LOL

Salty teammates that can't accept not being saved from camping EW99% Myers or LF is always the same old. The only funny incident was one guy with 2k hours adding me as friend the exact moment he went down in game to threaten me not to sandbag him ever again or else, because I accidentally blocked him when I tried to take a hit for him. That was the only time I got rage-friend requested as survivor.

What exactly did they change in F13 that makes Jason weaker than he used to be? I see a lot of guides from back in June that tell you to use combat stance blocking so you won't get stunned by things like weapons, fire crackers, flare guns and traps but from what little testing I could do that's no longer true?

>3 gens
>1 rescue
>dodge the killer
>mr faggot that kept farming the other survivors for a few points refuses to kill himself in the hook despite realizing I will never go to save his ass
I'm not gonna risk my ass when there is an insta hatchet huntress near you.

Claudette is scum.

>blackshirt
>knows it's a hag
>doesn't crouch
>has flashlight
>has streetwise
>doesn't fucking use it

Just the worst.

>3 people game
>1 gen left
>Hag traps every gen
>crouch up to one gen
>David or Jake runs in popping every trap

Every single fucking time. No wonder Hag gets all those 4k's, people are just retarded.

worst part is that the game kinda rewards those dumb playstyles.

What could have been...

Wraith is comfy

>have to level up the doctor and huntress like 70 times just to get franklin's
>leveing up past 50 costs a mini fortune
blood """"economy"""" was a mistake

Is using bond and empathy at the same time good

I am 99% positive the frogs are just waiting for F13's contract or whatever to run out so they can put Jason in their game.

Why would you?

I'd go for Empathy myself due to the unlimited range. And generally if the match is mostly silent and you're near a generator but not hearing any sort of heartbeat you can deduce the killer is chasing someone.

No.

Wraith is usually for players that like to fuck around and really don't give a fuck about getting 4k every game, and just likes the way Wraith works. Huntress/Nurse is for tryharding until your nose bleeds even though you're 'breaking' the game and don't even like their mechanic.

>last guy left alive, run around map looking for hatch
>get into a hatch standoff because I've been spotted
>killer pulls the plug so he can down me and pick me up
>ifw I still manage to press escape in time

I came up with a little challenge for playing Survivor.
You know how Survivors have their own specific teachable perks? I made this challenge where they can only use their specific teachables + one base survivor perk to make them feel more unique and not just skins. Some survivors will be easy to play such as Claudette or Meg while others you'll have to be more creative with like Laurie or David. If you don't have that survivor leveled past 20 then you can use whatever you feel like until you have all their specific perks and 3 open perk slots. I would do the same with Killer but the thing is I grew WAY too attached to the perks they had to give them up so easily. Hope you guys can have fun with this!

>"hey guys, put a bedham offering, there's a window you can abuse"
>either the suspect or someone else burns the green offering
>suspect brings OoO
>killer ragequits after 2 minutes

I don't know which window is that, but good job frogs.

Never knew how popular this game was in Asia, especially south-east Asia.
youtube.com/watch?v=8VotnRkrvw8

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Pallet Looping Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Chase the Survivor Like Nigga Break the Pallet Haha

>steam shows 19k players
>every lobby has the same guys
well it all makes sense now

This pallet and looping shit is really annoying it's literally impossible to kill someone with a medikit

How big is Myers's terror radius with M&A 2? I haven't gotten 3 unlocked yet.

Nice meme.

How to win as killer every time

leatherface and camp

>it's an episode of jamshirt Claudettes tbagging constantly then eat dirt and won't even return ggs
I feel like it's a rerun.

1 meter so you cant get away with pulling them off the generator just yet. But you can catch them by surprise still if you see them early & use the enviroment to your advantage.

I know that feel

I need more Trapper/Wraith fanart in mi life.

I didn't know it was possible to double de-pip. The survivors DC'ed before the game started, and I lost two pips, despite reaching the safety pip.

Trapper and Wraith are a fun pair. Although I'd imagine Hillbilly with Trapper would do some dumb shit, like strap Hillbilly's chainsaw to the wheels of a shopping cart and go speed-racing in it around a supermarket.

They even burned decent offerings, so I'm not sure what happened.

>unhooking next to the killer
>they give me shit when I decide to stay the fuck out and only do gens
yeah, fuck survivors more than the killer

>get one hex
>start doing gen next to it to see if it was Ruin or ToTH that I destroyed
>guy kills himself on hook from rage

survivors can't wait a fucking second when they have a 1 minute timer to be saved in first phase.

>self healing
>co op action

why the fuck I'm always the only one with BT and when I play killer everyone and their mother has one?

>be trash low rank killer
>next to 3 experienced killers get 1 Meg with 18 hours
>ignore her most of the time
>pick her up when I have the last two people slugged
>DS III non-obsession
>see after game that it's one of her two only perks

Sometimes I feel like the shrine was a mistake.

Bond and open-handed would be better, and there's a good reason no one uses openhanded.

As a killer main i hate Meg more than Claudette

SWF.

Nah man Claudettes are usually OK, it's Dwights that are always cunts

>its an urban evasion+sprint boost claudette following me everywhere disabling my traps episode
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You get 2/4 points for each survivor that is disconnected, so that the killer is compensated somewhat.
However, if you hook no survivors at all by the time the game ends, the game counts it as a "disgraceful defeat" and you double depip. I would assume the disgraceful defeat flag took priority because that frogs either cannot into code. Either that or they presume something's fishy with four survivors lagging out of one game so quickly and they want the killer to be punished for DOSing.
Really, if the devs were willing to work rather than lay in their moderate pile of money, servers would fix most issues with disconnects.
The best we can hope for is that this is fixed with the badge update coming soonTM.

>2018
>people still don't crouch for Hag traps properly

>3 people on the floor
>decide to backtrack, heal up instead of going for the suicide save unlike the other 3 retards
>ready to start going slow and save one by one since the nurse starts looking for me
>all of them suicide
>get flammed hard on the post game chat
>all of them rank 1-3
Man, I'm done with these people.

instructions or wire spool for a commodious toolbox?

socket swivels

Cardinal rule of DBD: fuck survivors.

I mean in addition to the swivels