/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00189512
youtu.be/SngYwMsxJ4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Huntress post

>pooping down the edge of the toilet
There ought to be a law.

nya

Hi.

sorry

Do you love Paolumu enough to buy a fuzzy little fluffbat of your very own?
amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00189512

Paolumu has the face of a monkey.

No, but I love him enough that I'm going to make all of his weapons and armor regardless of how good it is.

Starting off 2018 with catlolis

That's what, $20 base + $15 shipping + $9 tariff?

starting off 2018 with huntresses!

Bye

What a cute looking Kirin girl.

Unlikely to be that expensive on shipping unless you get EMS, and then it would be about that for up to four or five things. Also
>having import tax on shipments worth less than $1000

Read the OP.

youtu.be/SngYwMsxJ4U

What Deviant armors are worth wasting my time on in XX?

Wrong number of fingers.

If it's worth it, is it a waste?

how about this? correct amount?

>actual product may differ from """photos"""

Dreadking
Silverwind
Those two are the most useful. The rest have some neat things, but I wouldn't really grind for them. Some deviant armors favor certain weapons, so look at the final skills and see if that's something you want.

And certain other armors, like Bloodlust, are nice if you use its deviant weapons with it.
Bloodlust set has mad affinity + attack(L). Bloodlust weapons have huge raw and shit affinity.
It's a no brainer.

She's cute, what a shame she's wearing a trashy set. Into the blacklist she goes.

Well, you can transmog their appearance to other armors after clearing their super quest. Unfortunately a lot of the Gen/X deviant sets didn't get much in the way of a new worthwhile skill at G-Rank, the often-used mixed and Mantis sets just shit on them while taking a ton less effort to make.

I can normally get behind footfaggotry, but it doesn't fit here. She's got talons under her shoes.

Eggs for Worlds!

Probably the only female wyverian with visible bended legs are the new Asteria Third Fleet Master and Mezeporlta Guild Master

Not complaining about the lack of bend, just wanted a semi-relevant image. Both dudes in it are Wyverians.

they seem to get a little more draconic with age

meowstress's feets are whatever the person imagines them to be!

or maybe they have different "breeds" of wyverian based on how much mixed blood they have

Probably just different races. Like a good amount of old Wyverian men are very short, but then you got His Immenseness being immense.

Next you'll be saying Felyne crossbreed with Shakalakas.

It's a fanart retards.

That still doesn't explain the phenomena I outlined in my post.

You mean talons? They're in this pic

No, the size disparity between elderly wyverian men.

One anomaly. Holy shit

Glacial agnaktor was the most retarded, idiotis and bullshit monster i have fought so far, jesus christ

And it was the largest one too

Glacial Agnaktor is a fantastic fight, I wish it'd returned for XX.

I prefer normal Agnaktor. One of the best monsters in Tri.

Its like the regular agnaktor fight, just with 150% more bounces

Cute Reddit bird

NOOOOO YOU CAN'T POST THAT HERE

Cute Mon and fun personality. Too bad the fight is boring as shit. Come to think of it, so was Pukei-Pukei and Great Jagras. With the exception of Anjanath I'm really starting to worry about the roster now since there's so little new monsters and the few we've gotten to try have been boring as hell

Only Seregios and Chaotic Gore were good new 4th gen monsters. Maybe it's just the new trend :^)

will he return /mhg/?

I'm left wondering just how easy it'll be to kill in the final game. Like Jagras, Kulu (and by extension Pukei-Pukei) didn't put up much of a fight but I wager this was because the player was overgeared in the demo, albeit with barely enough time to do a full house sweep.

It's practically the same as old monster hunter. kuluyaku is a prey, great jagras is ludroth, pukei is gypceros with chameleos head move set. I wouldn't say it's boring since the old monster hunter games are still great. and the new monsters are like slight alterations of old monsters, so it's going to feel exactly like monster hunter.

I want my iron maiden hunting horn back.

NOOOO DELET THIS ASAP DO NOT SUMMON HIM REEE
I want my coffin back.

Ok i take this back, black diablos is even more bullshit

>high rank black diablos
>bullshit
Just you wait, pal

You cant be serious that he gets into rage mode after 20 - 25 hits from my sword and that his charge takes ~35% of my hp at 450 defence

Dude just stop getting hit LMAO

>use save editor on 4U
>get purple gear out the ass
>still have to do lowrank
why can't the game just detect my spoofed HR999 and trigger grank?

>he
>his

>He enrages after 20-25 hits
G-Rank monsters enrage almost instantly. You'll get to the point where enraged monsters are the standard, and it feels weird watching a monster move in slow motion until they enter rage.

Black Diablos is a priceless treasure.

Why did they give longsword foresight slash? That shit is broken as hell.

it actually punishes you hard if you fuck it up. the counter has to dodge something AND you have to land the counter slash, otherwise you just lose all your spirit and get nothing

To compete with frontier

That's not that hard to do though.

i see TA players messing it up all over the place. monster hitboxes are more generous now and sometimes the counter fucks up, then the counter slash has to land, too.

Do you think there'll be two types of TA in World, one with mantles and one without? Their potential for (ab)use is astronomical.

Sorry, didn't mean to quote.

>dude like DUUUUUUDE i wanna make an iguana monster with snake jaws or some shit
>oh cool, what do you want it to look like?
>JUST A FUCKING IGUANA EXCEPT THAT ITS BIG LMAO
It's like they didin't even care when designing this piece of shit, it feels as if it's literal filler

So just like royal ludroth?

No dude the sponge makes it super unique.

True, it's incredibly easy to do. Just like dodging through every attack on base i-frames! What's the point of giving people the ability to express mastery when you could just let them press A to fast forward the game, anyway?

the same point of giving people absolute evades

Nigga, foresight slash has huge iframes. Don't even begin to compare it to regular dodges. But they also increased the base iframes on regular dodges too, so yea it's much easier to dodge stuff now.

Royal ludroth is shit but it has a way more unique physique and shape than a literal iguana, also it's roar isn't "GENERIC JAPANESE LIZARD MONSTER ROAR N89"

If XX didn't have an Art-less meta, I doubt World will have a Rocksteady-less meta.

>Rocksteady-meta
I'm looking forward to people trying to tank endgame monsters with that and getting flattened instantly.

Mantles were a mistake. Everyone will be running around wearing them and will all look the same from halfway up. Can't fashion hunt without using a mantle too cause people will think you're a noob and kick you from the room.

I sincerely hope this is the case so that Rocksteady and shit like it fall off quickly.

Honts?

>Can't fashion hunt without using a mantle too cause people will think you're a noob and kick you from the room.

It feels like im the only one who never got kicked for using supbar gear. I hear all these horror stories of getting kicked by elitist autists and it never happened to me over years of monhun

I guess if the amount of 'hp' the rocksteady mantle has is absolute rather than relative it's not impossible that it could become pretty bad in high rank. Still free earplugs and wind resist if you don't get hit, though.

Honts

Rocksteady will be world's absolute evasion/adept:A total crutch for shitters that negates any real challenge
Kick anyone with cucksteady on sight

But this though It's free stagger resist to everything, which means free damage.

Probably depends on how Japs look at mantles as a piece of kit. I don't think they'd outright ban select mantles like Rocksteady unless there was an equivalent to the low HP attack skills.

Though roars seem to be easier to avoid if rolling through Diablos's own is any indication, it is definitely hard to pass up free earplugs on something like GS or Hammer and super armor on Lance.

It was a bird cage.

People only get kicked from 140/super grinding rooms and especially hame rooms in my experience. I've had people leave without me while I'm switching weapons because I don't bother with a "changing gear" bind and they see I'm in some shit gimmick gear, though. Generally I assume someone that rash probably makes bad decisions in hunts as well so I'm better off in a different hall.

The rocksteady mantle is the sparkly one that makes a really pleasant windchime sound right? Regardless of how good or bad that shit is I'll be using it just because it's stylish.

A cage that looks like an iron maiden.

It's the extra layer of armor with the pieces that fall off overtime and on hit, but it does make clanging sounds when you take a hit.

Is this Royal Ludroth?
Looks better than the final thing

It's an iguana

>CB has such a dynamic dual playstyle that SA failed to achieve
>can't use it cause it's stupid broken and spamming SAED won't be fun
All they had to do was keep 4U's balance for CB and it would've been balanced in world compared to all the other weapons that got buffed.

H-He's fast!

Iguanas don't have tusks or manes