/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

New Years Edition

Previous thread: >Indivisible News
Backer Preview is finally out!
indivisiblegame.com/2017/11/13/backer-preview-released/
Speed run and completion contest has ended.

indivisiblegame.com/2017/11/13/backer-preview-speed-run-contest-information/
New Kampan animations and gameplay
indivisiblegame.com/2017/11/02/kampan-gameplay-animations/

Indivisible backers, if you need to update your mailing info or anything else please do so on BackerKit
labzerogames.com/important-notice-for-all-backers/

>Skullgirls News
The LRG physical copies have been shipped!
twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/924000794482896896

Cerebella Origin story coming soon to Mobile
twitter.com/sgmobile/status/938551185488908288

>News Outlets
twitter.com/IndivisibleRPG
twitter.com/skullgirls
twitter.com/sgmobile

>Skullgirls Beginner Stuff
skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242
>Public Skullgirls (NOT /lzg/'s) Discord
discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In

>Official Forums
skullheart.com
forum.skullgirlsmobile.com

Other urls found in this thread:

malofantastic.tumblr.com/post/169169603081/more-bum-squigly-i-just-love-the-look-of-her
kuroirozuki.tumblr.com/post/169151273480/bunny-skullgirl
nob1109.tumblr.com/post/169147268189/annie-girl-of-the-stars
kizdollark-illust.tumblr.com/post/169146533774
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66582790
cutesexyrobutts.tumblr.com/post/166004004828
pkoctarian.tumblr.com/post/169135290268
kuroirozuki.tumblr.com/post/169114770850/i-got-it-from-oh8-alex
that-girl-whodraws.tumblr.com/post/169100953689/basic-color-october-suggestions
malofantastic.tumblr.com/tagged/Skullgirls
ask-averyunit.tumblr.com/post/168944697659/merry-christmas-you-amazing-peopleparasites
nisetanaka.tumblr.com/post/169163330645
twitter.com/HeartlessHat/status/947930110669320194
twitter.com/animPOKET/status/947968408427073537
landofkoz.com
vidyart.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=347732
epictones.tumblr.com/post/169206216257/
twitter.com/Staraptorite/status/947993552616869889
twitter.com/INARO_0323/status/947843530776440832
twitter.com/IndivisibleRPG/status/908503315876519936
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oh thank goodness

I was waiting till the new year to make a new thread

kinda worked out because now we can have cute ajna OP

so did you watch SGT or Alundrathon for New Years?
I had parties to go to, so I missed them both

guess it'll be quiet for a while until everyone gets back.

me too

I'll have to watch tourney archive. bracket looks like it played out how I expected, but cool to see that dhoppler's still doing well

won't be able to bump for next couple hours, so hopefully some people come back.

malofantastic.tumblr.com/post/169169603081/more-bum-squigly-i-just-love-the-look-of-her

kuroirozuki.tumblr.com/post/169151273480/bunny-skullgirl

nob1109.tumblr.com/post/169147268189/annie-girl-of-the-stars

kizdollark-illust.tumblr.com/post/169146533774

more please

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66582790

cutesexyrobutts.tumblr.com/post/166004004828

pkoctarian.tumblr.com/post/169135290268

kuroirozuki.tumblr.com/post/169114770850/i-got-it-from-oh8-alex

that-girl-whodraws.tumblr.com/post/169100953689/basic-color-october-suggestions

malofantastic.tumblr.com/tagged/Skullgirls

ask-averyunit.tumblr.com/post/168944697659/merry-christmas-you-amazing-peopleparasites

Whens the next incarnation reveal?

nisetanaka.tumblr.com/post/169163330645

soon

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP

will lzg combine with the inevitable them's fighting herd gen?

that's more a question for them don't you think?
there's definitely overlap in players, but not sure if they'd want to hang out here where we post a lot of humans.

speaking of TFH, if they manage to get out all their planned features by launch, that game's gonna be pretty big. lot of beginner friendly modes like the custom tutorials, pixel lobbies w/ GGPO, and already very dedicated community members.

they're also in a good place where the game is total indie. so total IP control, and they'll profit immediately from all sales. downsides of course are that they have a small launch roster, no console launch yet, and less manpower means it'll probably take longer to add new content.

we got any more Feng?

twitter.com/HeartlessHat/status/947930110669320194

we got

>those houses
indivisible/Donkey Kong crossover when?

Fucking TOP CUTE.

Happy New Years y'all! Let's have a good one and brace for Indiv's drop.

I need more brown girls in kimonos

So close yet so far for the multiple endings goal.

already happened

We didn't get enough YTers to post about it. I think that's we really needed.

twitter.com/animPOKET/status/947968408427073537

elaborate

I went ahead and got the $500 tier yesterday. I was already at $175 from my Indiegogo pledge, so I figured it wouldn't be too big of a jump. I spent more than that on Christmas gifts.

I wish the Preview had come out earlier so there could have been more time for the speedrun contest though.

Now we only need a 100k more and then we have the goal

If they had gotten the Preview out during summer I think they would have hit the goal. There wasn't much out and E3 was kinda dry so there would have been a lot of coverage. But by November there were a dozen other popular releases people were occupied with.

landofkoz.com

welcome back /lzg/

who is your favorite skullgirls player and why?

vidyart.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=347732

what's the glitch here? exploding the arrows while entering battle? I figure that's probably gonna be a thing.

glitch is the player's name

DELET

ahhh okay

159man because he got a combo named after him

poccola because of his loyalty

Magicman because I love his Painwheel.

But I'll always root for Shuckle and Pugloaf.

kicking off the new year with a fresh bella

source please

epictones.tumblr.com/post/169206216257/

oh well shit. I wasn't aware of LabZero hiring someone who worked with Retro

yeah he was their first environment lead, and I think he modeled those houses. he left after 2016 though. his specialty was 3D but as they decided they wanted more painterly backgrounds, he decided he'd go back home to NY after pre-production was done.

it's a good thing this game was made for lesbians

twitter.com/Staraptorite/status/947993552616869889

I wonder what Dhar's other supers will be. It's actually kind of handy that you can have three different damage values with the same godlike AoE.

whooa

that bella looks like she's about to pop

who needs to chill?

i heard there was drama on the discord, what happened?

Gonna be working on more Carol x Filia

I'm about to play skullgirls for the first time (bought second encore and everything on steam).

It's been a long time since I've played fightan games of any type, so, any suggestions who I should play first?

twitter.com/INARO_0323/status/947843530776440832

Do the turtorials and then arcade modes to get a feel of the characters

Any character is fine, really, though fukua is considered the easiest and therefore the scrubbiest

yeah if you haven't played fighters in a while, you need to spend a bit of time just getting used to the controls first.

focus on doing the beginner tutorials a couple times and don't touch the advanced tutorials for a bit until maybe after playing some story modes or something.

>Do the tutorials
You know, I feel stupid for not doing this first.

Especially since I'm a bit of a cheapfag and bought a 20 buck logitech control that I have no honest idea how it will handle.

I play on cheap pads too so that should hopefully work for you once you get the feel of it.

but again, just do the beginner tutorials for now. the advanced ones go into legit harder stuff, so unless you want to take time to grind it out, don't worry about them until later.

Thanks,.

holy shit I'm rusty and shitty at fighting games now. (not that I was terribly steller with them to begin with. Back in Jr. High I could lose to my brother at MCV2 on Cable)

Thanks everyone for the advice, getting cracking on those tutorials.

good luck user! have fun!

>that really undeseved feeling of accomplishment when you managed to do the basic fucking tutorial chain like a soyboy numale milennial autist.

Okay, plus, I wanted to bump this thread.

And I suppoise in my defense I was having way too many problems with mixed defenses.

>trying to do the tutorial air combos with filia
>having a lot of trouble
Am I that bad or is filia merely too thicc for bullshit like air combos?

Keep up the good work; take breaks every now and then if you feel stuck.

having trouble is normal user.
you just have to keep doing it until it's not trouble anymore.

You should be less worried about your game skills and more about your vocabulary.

fanart or combos?

>spending time in a surprisingly comfy /v/ thread for popful mail
>wishing for a new games that are the same kind of stylish adventures
>remembering Indivisible is coming

So during the downtime we had, I thought it might be neat to try going back and ranking the Incarnations they did gameplay reveals for in 2017, based on the amount of likes from twitter(T)+tumblr(t)+facebook(f) for each news post.

This list isn't including characters that are technically revealed, but still lack a full gameplay update post, such as Ren & Lanshi (but holy shit, it looked like their Lanshi GIF was probably their most popular post ever)

Results are very interesting. Maybe not what you'd expect.

1) Baozhai=6201
>T-2507 t-3459 f-235
2) Kampan=6061
>T-1760 t-3776 f-525
3) Zahra=5615
>T-2847 t-2396 f-372
4) Yan=5446
>T-2311 t-2670 f-465
5) Nuna=5388
>T-1293 t-3702 f-393
6) Phoebe=4982
>T-725 t-4035 f-222
7) Ginseng&Honey=4748
>T-1568 t-2813 f-367
8) Latigo=3740
>T-1357 t-2001 f-382
9) Naga Rider=3240
>T-1617 t-1209 f-414
10) Qadira=2188
>T-535 t-1407 f-246

Lanshi GIF?

The bork heard around the world.

twitter.com/IndivisibleRPG/status/908503315876519936

Phoebe confirmed for Tumblrina

Yeah I think she had the most interesting split of all.
Also showed that Tumblr posts generally seem to get more traction than Twitter and FB. Once a Tweet is old it kinda fades.

Well, still couldn't get through that full standing into ground into special, into blockbuster thing, skipped to the next part which I was able to work out.

Not just doing training matches against (an admittedly easy) CPU to get a bigger idea on how Filia handles beyond the tutorial and how the other fighters interact.

It's interesting how much you can learn even from easy mode AIs and even see a bit of what a veteran player or more difficult AI would probably fight like on a character.

bumcee is awakened

>It's interesting how much you can learn even from easy mode AIs
practicing against moving targets is good, especially for getting used to nailing down your confirms and getting comfortable with spacing.
but be sure to pay close attention to your tactics. humans are way better at picking up on your patterns than computers. even the hardest CPUs are still nothing compared to the best players. make sure you're experimenting with a lot of different stuff, and not just what the AI always gets hit by.

but that's good that you're practicing at your own pace. keep it up.
if you're having fun while learning, then you're already in the right mindset.

Oh, I know my greatest weakness right now besides lack of skill: I'm cripplingly reliant on that so-base-it-neutralizes-fluoroantinomic-acid combo for fillia they teach you in the tutorial of LP+LK+MK+HK.

Not to mention I keep having trouble with finding Filia's overhead attacks or getting the timing right on starting things off high or leading into air-combos.

I have been trying to work on the painful predictability though.

But thank you for the encouragement.

For the fun of it, some notes I've learned on characters through fighting the AI:
>Peacock can turn fighting game matches into bullet hells. She bent me over shoved a cartoon stick of dynamite up my ass the first time because I forgot about Fillia's quarter-back-circle punch move. I am terrified of what real human player can do with her.
>Against Double, I thought I was doing well. I was making consistent confirmed hits and combinations and she had only managed to hit me a few times. I then noticed all my connecting combos only took off a quarter of her HP and the single, individual hits she had hit me with had clipped off over a third of mine. That's when I remembered Double is supposed to be a boss character whose only weakness seems to be a lack of mobility.

oh look i was just playing against this guy with 1.4k hours and i was getting mopped as solo val (not really he was just winning with such a minor health advantage) and then i added double to my team and started spamming m bomber like all in this game and woop d doo i start owning that scrub. he never blocks any of my mixups, and always reacted with a dp or something. oh and when it was double's turn to play, i literally faked a cross under 3 times in a row. AND THEY ALL WORKED??? look at the skill in this game, blockingby guessing wow!!! no wonder you weabs areat me because i call out the bullin this game. im speaking straight facts.

Did Mike patch out this glitch? I've been trying to do it a few times but can't pull it off.

Obviously it's for the best, but still, it looked like a cool challenge.