/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Sopa de Besta: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser: youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 22: Unused dialogue: docdroid.net/Pxn7IHL/bloodborne-script-formatted.pdf
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use: i.imgur.com/cC7ZjJR.png

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/Uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/cADBY6T.png (Unused bosses/Test areas/Early runes and weapons)
-Blood Gems Chart: i.imgur.com/axrNolk.jpg

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/WJXCN0Y.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1MVo9hQkRthvsI1R_K4guL3WKBICxv5lPgPP8lLoSIBs/edit#heading=h.mn0pyekwc5ht
i.imgur.com/axrNolk.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=NKFnvPUHPKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Crush vermin

-Sinister chalice race on Friday at 6pmET/11pmUTC (if enough show, spelunks otherwise)
-Race rules & signup: docs.google.com/document/d/1MVo9hQkRthvsI1R_K4guL3WKBICxv5lPgPP8lLoSIBs/edit#heading=h.mn0pyekwc5ht

>OP liked his shitty edited image so much he had to center a thread around it

>fixed the embed meme
>wrong sopa de besta

previous thread

What weapons should I try out on a skill build? Using the rifle spear at the minute but it's not the best, due to somewhat shitty tracking. This is mainly for PvE.

It's better to forget the previous thread.

Church pick.

Pick, bom, rakuyo, saif

We don't talk about the last thread

Saw Spear, Church Pick, Beasthunter Saif, Burial Blade.

Blades of Mercy maybe? they're pretty fun
Also
Running Pthumeru Ihyll if anyone wants to hop in and help with Pthu Descendant
Pw:bbgpi

Is there anything wrong with eating beasts?

Omw.

I'll SRRC

coming

>You can take Amygdala off that list, I'm sure even DSP could no-hit him with the jump strat

Well, I wanted to practice Amygdala without cheesing. Sure I could do that (and I have). But that's just exploiting poor AI. I want to fight it fair and square. Technically, if I beat it without taking any damage with that strategy, that would in a way count as a no damage run, but it just won't feel satisfying. Just like how using triple clawmark runes and just killing bosses with visceral attacks and maxed out beast meter isn't satisfying.

>Blood Gems Chart: i.imgur.com/axrNolk.jpg
Why add this? it's neither informative nor complete

think somethings bugged its consuming insight when I ring and its taking a bit
Going to restart

Happened to another guy a while ago, too. Rebooting should solve the problem.

So we can use our combined autism powers to complete it

not shockwaves, its actually a different animation

Restarted
PW: bbgpi

Lamp or fog?

You should link the proper last thread so that the discussion from the previous one can carry over here.
Stop being a ass-blasted little child because your thread wasn't the one that was used, discord cunt.

fog

>le discord boogeyman
furries should be gassed

so you probably wont believe me but it happened again

I can wait, if you want to try rebooting again.

I'm mighty fine with furries biting a bullet, but discordfags don't stray much further than them in terms of being cancerous faggots
Last thread would have been fine if both would have kept their shitposting to themselves. Ameliaposter and Micolash poster can go fuck themselves

Alright third times the charm right?
Ringing
pw:bbgpi

because the OP is limited to 2000 characters, the addition of that link reduces the precious thread description to 20 characters, not really much to work with. gem image creator should just post an updated image every other thread or so if he wants additions, and for the love of oeden make it png not jpeg what is this 2017

>be at maxed out NG+ (I think I'm at NG+8 or NG+9)
>BL380
>1900HP
>281 Physical DEF in status menu
>a single counterhit from Mergo's Wet Nurse strong swiping attack takes off 80 percent of my health
>her 720 degree swirl takes off all my health in one hit

Counterhits in Bloodborne are fucking nasty no matter what, Jesus fucking Christ. It's the game's tradeoff for the higher mobility compared to Dark/Demon's Souls.

Oh man I only just noticed that if you look closely at your character's eyes you can see that their pupils have burst like someone who has the plague.

Yeah, you're right. I just copypasted it from a previous thread. I guess we could add it to the /bbg/ Resource Guide once we complete it

how do you do the forbidden woods skip now? i know you do a kill cam glitch but i cant remember where to activate it

Just run through it dude, it's not that bad

There is no forbidden woods skip, atleast no useful one.

Do Loran Silverbeasts have a grab attack?

The gem system in Bloodborne is just so confusing. I just got a Cold Abyssal Blood Gem that is Rating 20 and Triangle in shape.

It gives the following benefits:
>Arcane Scaling +10.1
>Add rapid poison effect +3.6
>Physical ATK Up +18.8%

With it, my Holy Moonlight Sword has an attack of 798.

Yet it is worse compared to my Cursed Tempering Damp Blood Gem that is Rating 14 and Droplet in shape. It gives the following benefits:
>Physical ATK Up +19.8%
>ATK vs the kin DOWN -9.7%

With it, my Holy Moonlight Sword has an attack of 892.

Am I just being a brainlet here? Am I missing something? Why does a Rating 20 gem give my weapon worse damage output than a Rating 14 gem? Isn't the higher the Rating supposed to indicate more damage output?

Stats?

>Physical ATK Up +18.8%
Meant to say Add Physical ATK +10.4

only the maggot infested ones

BL 380

VIT 99
END 40
STR 92
SKL 50
BLT 50
ARC 99

>Add Physical ATK +10.4
vs
>Physical ATK Up +19.8%

hmm, what could it be I wonder?

the ration 20 gem's purpose is to add Arcane saclin +10.1, and the flat 10.4 attack it adds is merely afterthought. Meanwhile, the tier 14 gem's purpose is purely to increase physical attack, so even though it's lower it will raise it more. Get a tier 19 physical attack gem and you can raise you attack by as much as 27.2%

it's a trash gem thats why

youtube.com/watch?v=NKFnvPUHPKI

do you even play with anybody at that level? you must be one of those weirdos who refuse to pay for PS+

HMS is deals mostly Phys excluding beams, even with all that Arc the extra Arc scaling is shit. You'll want the Phys gem, both aren't that great anyway. Best setup will be Nourishings for the full moveset

>mad ones in Hemwick on ng+ have more defense than FRC ones
Wait, what? Do they have marginally different bolt/fire resistances? I might have switched gems around on my conversion weapons before going Hemwick but it seems weird.

So it's effectively useless then, even though it's supposed to be the highest Rating?

>Get a tier 19 physical attack gem and you can raise you attack by as much as 27.2%
I know that, but if this is the kind of thing that's most valuable, then why is such a useless gem categorized as Rating 20? Shouldn't 27% gems be considered Rating 20?

>you must be one of those weirdos who refuse to pay for PS+
Yep. And if that makes me a weirdo, then I'm proud of it. I will never pay a single penny for paid online ever. The three months of free PS+ I got when I bought my PS4 were nice and got me a taste of Bloodborne PvP and Guilty Gear Xrd online play, but that shit is not something I ever want to pay for.

Zullie can you make some pics of what the deformation sliders do? Like load in alfred and then increment the deformation by 30 at a time to see what happens

>Bloodborne PvP and Guilty Gear Xrd online play, but that shit is not something I ever want to pay for.

You are stubborn bro get a job and a year psn for 60$ you are missing a shit ton of content and it's really pointless to beat BB at ng+8 whiel you can instead be facing new challenges of other people.

They really did a number on your brain, haven't they goyim

Not him but I wouldn't care about your comment if you didn't ask this retarded question

I don't care if PS+ only cost 5 dollars for a year of access. I will never pay for online multiplayer access in games ever.

Is there any way, legitimate or not, to change your character's appearance after you leave the character select screen? I have 100 hours on a character and just removed me hood to find that the shitty long hair clips through literally everything in existence.

I'm not that user either

>You are stubborn bro get a job and a year psn for 60$
Even I pay for that shit and wouldn't recomend anyone to fall into that kikish trap, smarter than me atleast.

no

Nope. You can't even change your hairstyle. Barbers apparently don't exist in Yharnam.

>tmw a 6 year old game is more mechanically advanced than a westaboo japanese game

And runescape is more advanced than whatever garbage game you've got in mind.

i fucking hate all of you

>start with Hunter Axe
>use it for the entire game because no other weapon is as effective

why did the devs make you start with le weapon of infinite range and stunlocking? it doesnt make sense

That's not the saw cleaver.

>>use it for the entire game because no other weapon is as effective
>he hasn't found the saw of infinite shredding or the hammer of fire
I agree though, I alternated between the Tonitrus and Reiter, yet nothing beat the axe for me in the boss fights.

>str build
>trying out weapons
>everything is worse than the saw cleaver
>skl build
>trying out weapons
>everything is worse than the saw spear

>look up people's attempts at Ebrietas
>make it look so easy

The feeling is mutual. I hate what this general became but I love Bloodborne

I am slowly making my way to the plat. Currently at phutumerian descendant, what are the hardest bosses acording to you guys? I chalices keep throwing new harder bosses at you, holy shit.

Vicar Amelia's wet dog pussy.

Report furfags.

its all natalya's fault

uhm no, she actually has a human pussy. if you don't believe me just look at any image of her on e621

FRC Descendant and Darkbeast. FRC bosses aren't required for the plat, Defiled will give a little glimpse of what FRC feels like.

Micolash when he casts A Call Beyond as you're falling, instant killing you when you land

CLERIC BEAST
AMELIA
LAURENCE

THEY'RE ALL DEER
NOT DOGS

STOP IT

Vicar Amelia's wet deer pussy.

I learned this strat from an user here on /bbg/ a couple of days ago.

Basically, you play unlocked and you run away in any direction to avoid all of her attacks. It literally works for all of her attacks. And what you want to do is stay about 3-4 roll distances away from her at all times.

You will want to quickly walk in and out of her attack range so that you can bait a head slam. As soon as you see her about to rev that head slam, you position yourself about 3-4 roll distances away form her her, and charge up an R2 attack so that you can hit her with it while her head is still planted on the ground. You can follow it up with a follow-up attack if you want, but you will want to have enough stamina afterwards to run away again.

If you're lucky, you can put her in a critical state right as she's about to power up for her second phase, so that you can whittle her down to about 25-30 percent health before she's able to get that annoying damage curtain around her.

After this, you just repeat the process until she is dead. Up until that user told me of this strat, I was never able to No Damage her. But then it became one of the easiest bosses in the game to No Damage (well, I guess No Hit would be more accurate, since that stupid damage curtain of hers still deals a little damage to you). It's amazing how easy it is to outrun all of her attacks.

>ywn fuck amelia's wet deer pussy

Laurence's hot deer cock

Can anyone help me with Lady Maria?
PW: Veeky Forums

Now, you fucked up.

finally

>eggnog is a good memb-

New Year's Day hasn't even ended and bbg has already turned to shit

Ringing.

>deer beast
>has canine features

you fucked up

I wish I could fuck amelia irl

can you shut the fuck up dear god

deer god*

bbg was always shit

mods pls purge thread

You can't stop it faggot. Everybody loves the deer wolf monster. Now we wait for that annon to post more.

Yiff in hell, furfag

impromptu?