Drunk on Dokis Edition

Previous thread >Official Stuff
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Monika's Twitter: twitter.com/lilmonix3

>Guides
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Actual guide to getting the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa

>Art and Miscellaneous
Game files dump (full) - mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Fan-made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s
Booru: ddlc.booru.org
Map:zeemaps.com/map?group=2793739#
"Your Reality" sung by (You):
youtube.com/watch?v=7acpV4fKp9Y
Orientation if you're from Youtube, Twitch, Tumblr etc:
pastebin.com/7ZFA1JuM

>You have a whole new year ahead of you!
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
International Association for Suicide Prevention (EU): iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/
lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home518121

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXSOej4oN10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A daily reminder that Sayori loves you.

First for 3 inch tall Natsuki!

Yay for new year, same as old year.

I want to mindbreak Natsuki!

And I love her!

I just had a nightmare that my mom died and I had to comfort my dad.

Okay, everyone! It's time for another round of feedback. Today's post covers all the threads completed since the last feedback post, and if your poem is in the CURRENT thread then check back tomorrow for your response.
Today's notices and reminders:
- Please ensure you link the word of the thread post if you want feedback!
- Please mention along with your poem if you are after more detailed or harsher critique! I'll do my best, although it won't be up to the standard that one user who hands out critiques usually doles out.
- There's a bonus feature at the end of today's post: A bunch of people replied to my last set of comments, so I'll be responding to those messages after I get to the poetry.

Now, on to the poems:

Hmmm...this looks familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it...:^)

So I found it interesting how you made every third stanza long and more descriptive. It provided a sort of repeated, rhythmic, almost thrusting motion to the poem as read in my head.
...what?

This is simply constructed, but the structure works and it's a nice message. I can't say much about it, but it's good!

The structure breaking at the end I thought was a good way to emphasize the importance of those last two words. Other than that, I think you captured a good sense of emotion in here and you pulled off the demanding rhyming scheme quite well.

I really liked the use of question marks in this one. They're well placed to emphasize the uncertainty involved. That aside, I'm always a fan of the "re-asking a question with new context" device and I really like the message of this work. The last stanza was really good, too.

(cont.)

Natsuki!!!

It's been January for almost 18 hours, and the keychains still don't ship to Europe.

She is the sun in my sky!

I'm still waiting for mine to come in

Reminder that she died in agony because she was too fucking stupid to hang herself properly

Wait, but what about this greentext, where Sayori sits on the lap of user and then gets up leaving a wet spot, causing a massive boner? I think 9181 meant this one.
Thank you, btw.

Thank you! I do this in part to encourage people to write more works, and it's great to hear that this is having the intended effect. Now then...
So, the Dr. Seuss origins and style of this provide a really interesting contrast to the sheer bloody bitterness of the content. The narrator in the poem is...well, not a particularly nice person, and the way the bouncy rhyming scheme contrasts with this is kind of hilarious. It's a good exploration of hatred, I think, although I can't quite say why I think it hits so well. Perhaps because the extremity of the views expressed is well-tuned to be unpleasant but not completely brutal?

Ah...I am afraid I don't think I've understood this one. It feels like it's talking about nightfall not washing away something, but I can't figure out where "frostbite" figures into it. My apologies, user.

This is a good example of a stream of consciousness work. It runs through the thought process in a believable and relatable way, and I particularly like how the bit about people not liking crows is repeated. It sort of softly suggests that the narrator thinks they're weird for liking them as much as they do, adds a touch of insecurity which humanizes them and does so in a realistic and understated way.

So this feels like it's about natural reclamation of a world ruined by artifice. I do think some proofreading and passes for rhyme accuracy would help out here, but I say this only because I really like the imagery and message and I feel it would be a shame not to polish it up further. You've used a lot of heavy words, but they feel CORRECT rather than shoehorned in to make your work more fanct, which is harder to do than you'd think.

(cont.)

c'mon user, don't be so mean! Is there something you'd like to talk about?

Fuck off asshole.

Not even a Sayorifag but you're clearly just trying to start shit.

>"ugh Yu, I'm so tired"
>user collapses lengthwise on the couch, fatigue evident in his voice
>"I did not think that I would feel tired as well" responds Yuri
>Yuri occupies the next couch, tea in hand.
>user turns his head to face Yuri
>"Yu, can we promise to not visit anyone's family for like a month" groans user
>"user......I agree"
>Yuri sighs and takes a sip of her tea
>"user, hand me my novel please."
>user hands over the novel to Yuri with a quizzical look
>Wait when did you finish the other one? I could have sworn you were reading Dan Brown"
>Yuri can't help but laugh at user's expression
>"Aww Yuuuuuu, I know I'm not the best looking guy but you don't need to laugh"
>"No No it's not that, I actually read Inferno 3 weeks back"
>"You know, you never cease to amaze me, either with your beauty or brains"
>Yuri blushes lightly
>"user...you always say these things to me, I'm not sure if I really deserve it"
>"You're kidding right? of course you do!"
>Yuri is taken aback by user's blunt exclamation, she offers no response.
>time passes in silence
>Yuri turns to face user, wanting to say something.
>she finds user passed out on the couch.
>"he really doesn't understand how cute he is sometimes" she thinks to herself
>"user, please don't change"

I hope you dudes had a good day today! For me everyday is good when I have Yu-chan in my life!

Wholesome doki keychain pictures!

reminder that duel monsters are forbidden in ddlc

So the main thrust of this one appears to be cleaning physically as a metaphor for cleaning up your mental baggage. You've picked an analogy with multiple good points of compatibility and made use of several of them, which is good! I also particularly liked how the last "stanza" is so much shorter and, well...neater and tidier than the rest of the poem. Very appropriate.

---

Alright, and now onto those responses:

Rule number 1 of Literature Club is you do not talk about Literature Club
Rule number 2, however, is that there are no absolutes when it comes to poetry. Anything is "allowed" so long as it produces the results you want. I think if you want to unlearn things the best way to do it is to think about what interesting stuff you could do if you didn't have to follow one of these rules and then...well, try doing it. Just for yourself at first.

That's actually a pretty good approach, and similar to the one I use where what I'm posting is basically a draft of sorts. It's essentially what I've written down first pass, proofread once for obvious errors and maybe with changes if I spotted things I wanted to alter before posting. If I ever come back to stuff I've written earlier (a fairly big if, to be fair) then I imagine I'll be in a similar situation to you.
And thanks for the thanks!

Ahaha! I dunno if I'd go THAT far, but honestly I think abstract art in general gets a bad rap. So when I realized that breaking that sentence up actually made it read pretty interestingly, I figured I'd take the opportunity to talk a little about it.

who here wanna die

Restoring Suuri Suomi with Monika!

That picture reminds of everything but wholesomeness. Yuri didn't deserve it ;_;

Natsuki!

I think that did get finished, but I dont remember the link.

Woah!
That's a picture of Natsuki!

Nice.

I love her too.

All Doki's deserve love, both emotional and physical.

hope you have a great day as well

B-but I didn't need to see the latter

Why does Monika have a roblox account?

Friendly reminder that the Doki Doki Literature Club General - /ddlc/ does NOT condone any of the following:

- Underage Drinking
- Self Harm
- Suicide and Suicide Attempts
- Substance Abuse (Any)
- Waifu Wars
- Waifu Bullying
- Heating Water For Your Tea On The Microwave (Please buy a[n electric] kettle)
- Not Doing Your Best To Be The user Your Waifu Would Like
- Staying Up Late

And, finally, you are encouraged to try/cry and exercise both your body with a healthy walk around the block or a flight of stairs in your daily commute and your creativity by writing texts of any kind.
Happy new year, ddlc.

What kind of hentai does Natsuki like?

If you'll find it - share, dude.

Is cute!

I agree that that user is a piece of shit but it’s true, in act 3 Monika tells you that Sayori used a stool and since the fall wasn’t from high enough she instead slowly was asphyxiated and that she started clawing and trying to get at the rope to save herself and that’s why her hands were bloody

/ss/

The ones printed on edible paper.

I really cant imagine Natsuki liking /ss/

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the feedback!

I'll start cleaning up my poem a bit and work on fixing some spelling errors.

>ss

Too damn cute

Should be flatter

>yurifags

Thank you for giving me feedback on my poem, critique user!
I wrote the crow poem btw

I want to eat the lint found in Monika's navel

Aww shucks user, thank you.

Is it American primetime again?

>not loli

waifu wars are forbidden

>You check the club room to find the Vice President, staring up at nothing. circles of shaded skin hang from her eyes like a veil. She jerks out of her trance as she hears you approach.

Good morning, everyone! I hope the new year is treating you well. Welcome back to the poetry corner. It's been getting pretty... Barren.
>She glances to the side and furrows her brows before smiling hard. The corners of her mouth twitch, strained.
Anyway, enough of that! Let's get started!

The word of the thread is "Ember"! Is it the last spark of a roaring inferno? The echo of a passionate fire? Or is it the beginning of something new, a chance to roar back to life? That, is up to you!

Alternatives are "Flower", "Glen", "Wheel" and "Footprint"!

Now, want to get started writing? You can give these words a try for inspiration or a theme. Poetry, short stories, what have you. All that matters is that you have fun in the process! Maybe you'll have so much fun you'll keep coming back? Ahaha...

Now, please take care of yourselves.
Monika?

youtube.com/watch?v=oXSOej4oN10

>At that, she plugs in her earphones and rubs the bridge of her nose while she walks off, covering her face.

>yurifags

Post dom Monika fics/pictures!

>yurifags

worst girl, all she's good at is suckin dick and cutting herself

There's a glitch in the program, I'm seeing palette swaps.

i SAID waifu wars are forbidden!

Man why can't I have a Erika gf (male)?
Life isn't fair!

Terrible opinion.

>Waifu wars are forbidden

When did reddit take over this general?

Next you'll be telling me lewd is banned in this general...

...oh god, the waifu weebism hasn't gotten THIS bad already has it?

She's also pretty good at cutting you.

Already this fucking thread is terrible.
This general is fucking terrible.

I've been posting in almost every thread.

Not them, but waifu wars never do anything but make the general shit for the next 5 hours. I don't see how you could like them unless you just want to fish for (you)s.

tfw Erika is my gf (male)
But she doesn't know about this yet

No you retard it isn't "Reddit"
It's really fucking annoying to have retards derail a general with nonsensical shit flinging, don't you remember how ass blasted monikafags were a couple of threads back?

yes lewd is also banned

He does, he's just finding something new to whinge about.

Fuck you mang, I'll steal her from you!

You and your doki but you are a slav

I am already a slav, tho.

Guess I'm a double slav now.

Not if I steal you for my harem first

I could live with that I guess
I don't have to also be a commie do I?

Fight me.

Already half-slav, so not sure how much would change.

I could live with that.

b-but I'm already a slav

TRIPLE SLAV

>yurifags

Embers

An ember is more than an ash
An ember is less than a fire
An ember is a piece of firey ash
I’m still afraid it won’t really last

I see sparks flying in the air
I see fire almost everywhere
Where am I? Is everything burning?
And why am I so enchanted with this
Dying burning place
Yet the living burning fire
With the embers
Why can’t the phoenix?
It can’t live without killing
Sad

What?

Sorry, that was a metaphor
I’m afraid it wasn’t clear
I don’t think I understand anything either
My thoughts are as unstable as a giant forest fire
Constantly making more embers

Decided to stick with the stream of consciousness style because I find it pretty easy and fun to write and critique user seemed to like it.

> No one messes with your doki since now u have access to glorious Soviet weaponry

Partitioning Hungary with Monika!

Wasn't here, too busy laughing at the subreddit tearing itself apart with waifu defense forces. High quality cringe comedy there.

I expected the generals would remain less autistic on their own. Sad to hear that wasn't the case.

A-user! We just met each other...

>Natsuki and Yuri but they are giggling and pointing at you and talking about secret girl stuff!
>Sayori but she is studying hard at math and science!
>Monika but she is totally passed out after a night of videogames and hentai (but she says she was studying)
Dokis!

Kys I don’t even like Yuri but you’re just shitting up the thread for no reason

>Calling others reddit when you have reddit spacing in your post
Bit of a yikes

Veeky Forums , but filled with redditors
Oh, wait

I liked it!

>Exploring The Zone with Act 2 Yuri
A NU

The subreddit? What the fuck do they even need those Larpers for? I thought you couldn't say anything bad without the fear of the banhammer

Th-thank you user

>Browsing r*ddit

Coach Natsuki!
>Back at the apartment you and Natsuki are celerbrating with a decent feast of high calorie and healthy rich nutrients. She pipes up "user I told you I was going to be right it was just like my anime mangas!"
> You chuckle softly with a cheek full of delicious cooked food as you can imagine after all this time she coached you with just pictures and storylines of most sports mangas.
"yes, yes, you were right all along coach and in such, I got us a little something" > You pull out some chocolates that you bought it on the store on the way back.
>a smooth ball of milk chocolate with sprinkles of powder sugar and as I pull out whip cream her eyes shine dangerously at them with a trail of drool flowing from the corner of her mouth
>"A-user, give me those... GIVE ME THOSE RIGHT NOW!" When she started to become my coach she pushed away from the sugar for a bit to help me keep up with my diet.
>but I would always catch the wrappers of cupcake pop tops and other such candy.
>She rips them from your hand and starts digging into the chocolates smudging her mouth ever so slightly
"Hey don't eat them all, I bought them so let me have a few!"
>She tosses you two out of the box and you pop both of them into your mouth crunching down and tasting chocolate but also something a little tart.
"Hphm? Hey let me see the box for a second >as she passes you the box with a little hic ribbiting from her throat, taking a look at the box more closely revealed they weren't ordinary chocolates!
>They were whiskey bonbons!
>"Anoonnnn Come here and -hic- fight your coach" With the amount of the chocolates Natsuki was already slurring her words, she stands up into a wobble and brings her fists into a stumbling fighting stance.

Don't worry, Erika and others are waiting for you