/ink/ - Splatoon General

Happy Nouveau Year!

Previous thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

>News
Octobrush Nouveau releases tonight at 6pm PST! Sub: beakon; Special: tenta missiles
New Weapon! The Undercover Brella is available. Sub: ink mine; Special: splashdown

>Wiki
splatoonwiki.org/

>Patch notes
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

>Big S2 gear & weapon lists (contains unreleased weapons)
leanny.github.io/splat2/
leanny.github.io/splat2/newgear.html

>Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
loadout.ink/

>League weapon usage data
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k78z_Nz7xDXcSSK5lCtNMKwNE0tRea_vHf6cavl8KLI/edit#gid=255836450

>List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

>Add your FC to the list of FC below:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

>List of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

>Splatoon 1 Artbook
archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

First for Pearl

Second for Cumslut yebby x "Straight" yebby!

>and is actively hurting other balanced weapons in devs' attempts to nerf it
like what

I love woomies!

literally who

It's real good, but ironically not great at sneaking behind enemy lines and taking squids out unless you have your special ready. It's better suited for securing other player's kills.

This would be its own balancing nightmare, but what if the strength of specials depended on the weapon being used? Sort of like how special depletion depended on the weapon in Splatoon 1, so that individual kits could be messed with without a global effect.

they already kind of balance that by adjusting the amount of ink it takes to charge your special

IT MEANS MY BWASTER HAS A COUNTER AND I CANT HAVE MY PRESS ZR TO WIN GUN BE BAD >:(

god fuck last 4 SR freelance matches had someone DC

OBSESSED
O
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

>What are your Splatoon related hopes for the upcoming direct?

not expecting too much. if anything is shown.
just some new update news with some future stages
perhaps pearl / marina amiibo if they don't save it for the concert

>what if the strength of specials depended on the weapon being used
Ironically that's kinda what happens with splashdown. Sploosh and Hydra get a lot of them and are only supoosed to use them when they really, REALLY fuck up. Blaster, Roller and Goo have poor inking and efficiency and long action, but their range and immediate damage let them finish people off. Inkbrush is in the middle, it hss good inking but is extremely limited, so it has an unreliable followup in splat bomb.
Splattershot is kind of a standout here since it gets a lot of them, has little to no drawbacks and yet gets consistent followup option in burst bomb.

Every single ability can now become a sub ability if it would make sense (just like Ink Resistance Up between Splatoon 1 and 2). What would the most interesting setup be with this in place?

*Sploosh and Hydra have no followup options.
Burst bomb nerf

a 100% ninja squid build

I'd love to see respawn punisher as a regular ability, with drawbacks growing faster than benefits.

>Air burst weapons dont exist irl
>Anything but brellas being shotguns

what if there was an ability called ninja kid and it made you invisible in kid form as long as you're not on enemy ink and not shooting

>call blasters OP
>suddenly the blastercucks come out of the woodwork
brainlets are so easily baited

What if you could force staff towers

no that's dumb

>Air burst weapons dont exist irl
They do, but never for close quarters because you'd be blasting yourself. Splatoon's lack of self-damage and generally different approach to weaponry and map design made them a lot more feasible. I also suspect it was a bit of laziness on devs' side slipping through as coding blaster behaviour is only second in easiness to chargers.

What if there was an ability that took away the eney's gun but yours too?

you should do another brainlet post where it says something like ">I can't possibly see the similarities between blasters and shotguns"

these are awful ideas you guys should feel bad

what if your woomy demanded you give her sketties or she would give you biggest owwies

this SR felt like a god damn chore

what if your yebby put on TWO (2) pieces of headgear at the same time

Goggles and headphones at the same time? Sign me up!

he's a cheater, punish him sexually of course

Is it not possible to recon SR maps?

We just got beanie+facemask and bell hat+bell hat

Sexual vore :b

the closest you'll get is replaying the tutorial

get out

Just check out the map inbetween waves

WHY AM I SO BAD AT THIS GAME FUCK I GET CRUSHED IN B RANK

What if there was an ability called Vampire Squid that heals the player after they splat someone

get in

i like it
fund it

Slimy want to leeg with me? :3

what if yebbies were patched out of the game because they're fuck ugly and creepy sounding

Bugger. It's more that I want to check out the scenery at leisure.

Absolutely overpowered. However, an ability that makes you stronger for a while after splatting would be cool, like comeback but for offense.

DUDE
SEAWEED
LMAO

GET IN MAH BELLEH!!!!!

The world would be a better place.

cringe

What if there were male idols in splatoon?

what if your woomy LOVED SQUIBS SO MUCH

Considering how common woomies are that's hardly even necessary

Do you still play Warframe?

REDPILL ME ON OBJECT SHREDDER GUYS

why the fuck does it not affect brella shields

She does

doesnt actually shred objects

Trying to make a good roller set. What are the good abilities? I'm considering using ninja squid.

it's okay for rainmaker i guess

Ninja Squid, ISS, SCU

No weapon lobby tonight kier?

Friend me! I need friends

Does anyone have squidmark sweat with rsu?

This doesn’t count as a male idol?

he's my idol, that's for sure

It's worthwhile if you're using a Bubble Blower weapon. More importantly, it also reduces the amount of hits it takes for a Sprinkler to destroy a Baller from 20 to 16 shots.

yes lobbies

I got really confused thinking that the guy in the back was twisting both nipples and also putting his hand down his pants, like he had 3 arms or something.

Is ink armor considered an object with object shredder?

Cold front blowing through, /ink/!
Did you bring your cozy jacket?

what is this

They're squids. They could practically have ten arms and ten hands. For ten tickles.

IM GOING TO KRILL YOU

yes

kys

Exclusive jap stuff

sweaters>jackets

Tuesday's coming. Did you bring your coat?

Oh man I forgot how fun charging is when you get in the flow. Aggro the entire other team while my team mates paint the zone unmolested.

Japan exclusive gear. There's no way to get it in NA or EU as of now.

rude

silly user

wow, what the fuck? thanks, nintendo

happened in splatoon 1 as well
they have 2 exclusive bomber jackets as well, because "FUKKA YEW ROUNDEYE"

You're a disgrace to pilots and veterans everywhere.
Quit with your disgusting appropriation.

when did it happen in Splatoon 1? We got the squid girl stuff and even the Coro Coro stuff

NA/EU copies of the game I mean. I remember someone here tried it with their copy and it didn't work.

What's the serial code?

>tfw you paid $60 plus the price of the magazine and it's shipping just for squid clothes
Are the abilities even good?

>wears a pretty warm jacket throught the year
>chooses to wear a lighter jacket in winter instead of simply zipping the one that literally characterises her because nobody else wears that unfresh tra- I mean we all respect her identity and don't want to cause confusion

yes that was me
i already used the two i got buddy, jp yahoo auctions
I also bought the 7-11 codes for like 10$ each
its ism, run speed & swim speed

I'm feeling fat, and sassy.

woomies being executed by octolings on camera

but the forge parka is lined inside with synthetic wool, the matcha down isn't that heavy. it's comfortable, but not warm

What kind of new stuff would you like to see in the inevitable Splatoon 3?

You mean eggsecuted?

>because nobody else wears that unfresh tra-
DO
NOT
BULLI

This

especially keyhole sweaters

how about some fucking equality?

baka