/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official discord or steam group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not groups, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

Happy 2018, /gsg/! (don't waste this year like you did the last!)

This day in history, 1st of January:
>1235 Emperor Joseph II orders Jews of Galicia Austria to adopt family names
>1903 BASED President T.Roosevelt shuts down post office in Indianola Miss, for refusing to accept its appointed postmistress because she was black
>1923 Ku Klux Klan surprise attack on black residential area Rosewood Florida, 8 killed

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/announcement-v2-02-release-date.1063207/
bbc.com/pidgin
youtube.com/watch?v=wbkqFKdlpQg
youtube.com/watch?v=UmgcJuMSTxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

La Plata

reminder to buy french liqqy

Reminder to respond to and participate in shitposting

Reminder to report and ignore WW1 posters.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting

>totalist syndicalist
sounds fash

R&I on complete suicide watch

wrong picture

new???????

COAST
TO
COAST

yeehaw

No they are more like strasserists/bolshevik. So totaliarian marxists

Yes for 1 and 2. As long as you and your allies are strong enough and be sure you are the one sieging Kyoto, becoming the shogun as a daimyo is pretty easy. And if your navy as Japan is strong, you can take Ryukyu without Ming presence

should I help the turks in the crimean war?

No you shouldn't

"no"

Did a little bit of googling here too, and there seems to be, or there was, a "feature" where your allies, when you become the shogun, turn into independent daimyo. Does it still work this way? Am I better off blobbing until it is just me vs. the shogun showdown, or do allies become my daimyo now?

I don't think that happens anymore and Ashigaru is the only one to not become your daimyou, at least when I played.

On one hand you are French and must honour the frog tradition of allying with the Ottomans.
But on the other side you will have to be an almy to the anglos.
I say you help Russia out.

Sieg Heil my dude

they can handle the turks all right
it's time to civilize the krauts

yes

ebin

>no special decision for razing berlin to the ground

What are you going to do frenchboy?
Set fire to the reichstag?

REEEEEEE

I just lost a EUIV Japan game because I got fucked by blobbing other Daimyo. The Ashikaga shogun didn't even do much except take one province way out of their way until I got fucked. I just tried to attack guys left and right that didn't have any allies they could call in. Worked well until Uesugi declared war on me and fucked me quickly.

Did AFPG ever make me that protestant supremacist Taipeng flag?

n-not yet

Make a Catholic Japan flag

God Damn, I really fucking despise this new shitposting AFPG. He was the one (1) decent poster we had and now he's descending lower and lower with eac passing day.

How long before he starts with the faux spanish?

>Aurora isn't in the infographic anymore
Have we finally been expelled from this general?

mayo is coming out January 15th
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/announcement-v2-02-release-date.1063207/

Based
Wonder what happened to the last Aurora poster he probably got murdered by grandifa didn't he?

WE

epic falseflag

>14 days until MEIOU

I wasn't falseflagging, I was trying to get him to post faux Spanish.

more like you're trying to not be a faggot and failing LMAO owned

- This post has been brought to You by the Radical Yugoslavian ownage department.

I think he just gave up after nobody gave him tips how to control the AI's.
He made very enjoyable posts nonetheless.

God Damn, I really fucking despise this new shitposting AFPG. He was the one (1) decent poster we had and now he's descending lower and lower with eac passing day.

How long before he starts with the dressing up as a girl and posting pictures of himself with stockings on and his hair long and flowing over the porcelain skin, stretched tort over his clavical?

Why would He post in faux Spanish though
Why not just normal Spanish

we civilized now

t. Hitlermod

No i don't t.hitlermod

Oh, okay. I've tried twice now after getting MoH and both times a blobbing shogun was my bane. In the second attempt his expansion even blocked me off other daimyo so I couldn't DoW and had to spend splendor to get the ability create claims next to claims to string across his territory.

This also reminds me, it may have been a coincidence but the shogun seemed to develop a hunger for contested clay. It happened twice to me where I was part of a war, soon after the DoW shogun annexed the wargoal daimyo. This didn't invalidate and end the war, it simply removed the daimyo from war and left an unachievable wargoal and thus no way to get ticking warscore.

>I wonder what faux English would look like.

American English.

that's not faux spanish though

bbc.com/pidgin

Epic win /pol/! Lol Niggers amirite??

Is taking Iceland and Greenland from Denmark as the US red pilled?

Well I may have done it in the past.
It's definitively an EPIC meme amirite lads? quite white and based

made me think

Yes it was a trade

damn your right....
wtf i hate g**junk now

Is there a mod that allows me to observe Vicky liqqy games?

What the hell happened here?

Did you get banned friend

play as iceland

Do you believe in the flat Earth THEORY, /gsg/?
youtube.com/watch?v=wbkqFKdlpQg

It's called playing as Switzerland.

*sighs* ah I see...

what a fucking meme mod

Play as an irrelevant nation in multiplayer(local server, with only you on it)

If Earth is flat, explain this

Researchers are hard at work and the first geosurvey vessel has left the shipyard, lads.

THIS is the real shape of the Earth
youtube.com/watch?v=UmgcJuMSTxQ

Did you start as a TN empire?

>tfw screenlet

?

i hav smol screen :((((

Play Darkest Hour then?

>local server, with only you on it
wut
why?

HPM has explained this many times newfag

Events won't pause the game, so you can just go AFK and leave the game running.

Just so I can get back into the swing of things, since I haven't touched this game in over a year.
Conventional starts are more comfy, I'll go back and do that after running this empire into the ground.

What went wrong?

How on earth did you do this? Rush throughput techs?

Is Cradle of Civilization any good, familia? What does it add?

Paradox is garbage. I wonder, did they just switch everyone out after Vicky2? Only CK2 is somewhat alright, everything else is hot garbage.

all my states have liqqy factories and employ most pops

Based Erdogan

He's such a sinister looking fucker. Looks like he could be a bad guy in a Bond movie or something.

Is this CB supposed to do anything is egypt is independent, in my sphere and owns the levant?

hes actually the good guy who promotes stability and order in a chaotic world

pretty sure it allows you to conquer the levant for no bb
i'm guessing the ottomans still own that strip of syrian land?

doesn't prussia need all that northern shit sphered to form NGF?

they have only one syrian province left, egypt own the rest

pls respond

they didn't form it themselves, there's an event that automatically forms the NGF if they take too long (~1900s, unless france owns the rheinland, then it's much sooner)
>they have only one syrian province
that's probably it

Not if you take land off of them. HPM added an event that lets them instantly become the NGF.

if you attack for the rhine crisis then NGF and SGF automatically form

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

Reminder that Oswald Mosley did nothing wrong

Reminder that Ronald McDonald did nothing wrong

Copy/pasted from EU4 wiki
>New Governments: Powerful decisions related to each of the special government types of the Middle East, including unique mechanics for the Egyptian Mamluk Government, Persian Theocracy, Tribal Federations, and the heirs to Timur.

>Trade Policies: Activate your merchants in trade nodes for special missions – promote profiteering, espionage, military, diplomacy, and religion propagation.

>Islamic Schools: The wide range of Muslim disciplines offer unique perks to their disciples and transforms international relations across the Middle East.

>Army Professionalism: Drill and discipline your armies as you move from the age of mercenary captains to the mass levies of standing armies.

>Exploit Development: Reduce the strength of your provinces for a quick influx of cash or manpower, stripping your nation's future for immediate gain.

>Iqta Taxes: Muslim governments can impose new taxes every 20 years for special bonuses.

>And more: Changes to national ideas, missionary actions, Turkish Janissaries and many other game mechanics.

In short, no.