/bdog/ The MMORPG Black Desert

2-19e
>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG developed by Pearl Abyss. It features non-tab targeted action combat, p2w rng mechanics, zerg pvp, infinite grinding and a sudo sandbox experience.

>Latest NA/EU Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Latest KR News
invenglobal.com/blackdesertonline

>Guilds
NA: Sardine, Baka
Eu: Pettanco, Valor

>/BDOG/ Discord
discord.gg/ETsNjaW

>Useful Links, Guides, Guilds & Info
pastebin.com/bV5R0qXz

>NewFAQs
Read the pastebin, Ctrl+F, jfgi before posting.
Many guests passes are available for those that wish to try the game for 7 days.

Previous Thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ9G7RP1CC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When does this game become fun?

1-50 is the only fun part.
I guess 50-57 could be considered fun too because awakening but fuck the 56+ grind

I'm not having fun in 1-50 so I guess I'll drop. Was okay for the price at least.

Maehwa>Musa

PvP yes
PvE no

>Playing BDO for the PvP

I love 2-second lag attacks and the clumsiest most awkward fighting of all time

I think it gets more fun post 56 personally especially as you start to explore more of the world and get more into lifeskills

but in the end if you're not having much fun at all 1-50 it may just not be for you, sorry user

>playing for the pve
yeah I like doing the same 3 attack rotation on the same retard mobs that provide no threat

holy FUCK so ugly

>Be level 60
>Fight level 61
>Lose because he was 1 level above me and I missed all my attacks

haha epic!

I'm level 61
it doesn't matter

whats the most efficient place to solo grind exp/silver, my lancia is 115 and my sword is 105 ap

Manes, rogues or helms.

sausans
then when you can shultz
and when your hear is all TETs and PENs feather wolves

can you really solo sausans with this low of gear

yeah
I dont see why not
This is the gear I used grinding my tamer there

So all quests reset daily, right? And you can get inventory slots and crystals all over again?
Is there a guide for a way to properly farm this?

only daily quests reset, not every quest

i find rogues pretty fun and easier than sausans, but there are more boss monsters so I don't know if you can handle that
the mines are good too because you get a lot of crystals, but again there are more bosses

So is it even possible to buy the Black Stones used for PRI+? Im looking at the process for grinding them and I need to get a worker empire up to make tools so I can gather until the end of time, not to mention I have to buy some outfits and a $44 hedgehog.

Im guessing this is the hell everyone talks about?

If you want them quickly and you're willing to pay you can either set a high price pre-order or you can melt down accessories (ie: melting a witch earring gives 1-2 sharps)
If you're patient you can get them from gathering which takes an investment yes, hedgehog isn't required though and you shouldn't make it a point to do this if you want them immediately since its RNG

For pri-tri on cheap items though just buy it, its typically going to come out being cheaper than if you enhanced it yourself unless you had the shards on hand already

Meant for

>A WeDan sold while I was offline

Yes you can buy them it's just really hard.
Get as high luck as you can and either use lucky or magic tools.
You can usually buy the magic fluid collectors or a magic hoe on the market.
Hedgehog does not help with shard chances.
If you still want one just buy a giftpass and make another account, grind it to level 30, and abandon it. It's only $10 that way

If you're that NA striker, I can put up a bunch for you.

I figure getting it set up is a much better idea for the long term than trying to outbid preorders from people who are 2 years ahead of me.

Im making Lumber Axes just because im so used to woodcutting for long periods, unless there is a better item to gather for stones then ill probably stick with that. So all I really need is some Lucky axes and +5 Gathering/Luck?

Recently in the game, still haven't worked out what the 'main' city is yet.
IE: Where do I camp the marketplace for the best selection of stuff?

you dont really need to make your own tools
I just buy all my magic fluid collectors and get blood from animals
sell blood on market, use that to preorder a stack of any other resource I need

All the marketplaces are interconnected.

That would be appreciated

Oh cool. Thought that since the storages were separate the marketplaces were segmented too.

Every single tool is sold out, and preordering goes back to my original problem with stones.

"You exceeded the cash item registration quota"

I thought that reset over weekends.

meant to quote

I don't know when stuff resets. I haven't spent more than the initial tenner on this game.

Just got this game, what class should I be to have the most fun? Is there anything I need to do starting out?

Anyone here is using private servers? What's the word on them? Can you escape the botnet that way?

You should pick the one you have the most fun with user.

no, no

just play striker witch wizard or dark knight
they are the easiest to play and dont require gear to do anything
start gathering as soon as you can

>start gathering as soon as you can
so just start mining and picking flowers like asap? That all I should do?

I know theres like some microtransactions, are there any I should buy in the beginning to make my life much easier?

at least 3 pets up to 5
a costume, anyone works
that should be it
still an extra $60

try the classes you think will be fun, or watch some skill demonstrations on youtube/your skill page

Pets. Inventory, weights and costumes you should save when you've found a main.

I don't understand why people answer like this, it's so fucking dumb. He wouldn't be asking if he fucking knew you fucking IDIOT

ok but it's literally 2018
why do people still ask "what's fun" instead of looking up shit for themselves
we don't know their tastes

Well if I told him to pick Tamer because I find it to be the most fun then people might jump in and argue and I would feel obligated to have a discussion and defend my statement.

I dont really feel like doing that but already had the reply window open so I went with that because how the fuck could I know what he might enjoy playing?

Look at the awakenings and decide if that looks fun or if you like the theme.

Fair enough, I guess I should be asking this:

Are there any completely unviable classes that I should avoid at all costs?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ9G7RP1CC4
How true is this??
Does this explain why I suck at his game so much because I run it at 40 FPS with medium settings at 1080?

Yeah but he just wants other peoples opinions from the same mongolian hand puppet forum as him
"Whichever one you like best" Is a retarded cop-out answer for people to afraid to post their opinions tbqh

no. each class has its strengths and weaknesses and it depends on what you intend on doing in the game
like for example, the tamer is a 1v1 pvp god, but has mediocre grinding potential

>One day into 2018
>It's already the current year
wew

Gooks still haven't learned that tying animation speed to frame rate is a bad idea.

To piggy back off this question, what class has the hottest armor?

Valkyrie. Sorcs are also good, but they have a man face.

>no, no
Explain.

>he doesnt have acc

>several thousand logs in each warehouse
>give in and buy maid uniform
I guess im a whale now..

>one day into 2018
>it isn't 2018
the fuck you dumb nigger

What's a whale and i don't mean the fat chick kind of whale

yeah I like doing the same 3 attack rotation on the same retard mobs that provide no threat
is there something wrong with what you said?
Sounds fun to me

People that throw exorbitant amounts of real money at a game to obtain in game advantages

Ah okay
>tfw i'm a whale

What is medium-geared Rangers PvE power level?

Why the fuck is Grunil so heavy? Did they intentionally make the most expensive basic armor heavy to encourage you to buy weight?

Im just trying to complete my hour of 200% xp, but apparently 860 weight isnt enough room.

ive been fighting this mutant ogre for like 10 minutes should i keep trying, does it drop anything good

awakening: decent
bow: you can only kill green-name mobs and itll use all your mana and stamina

860 is nothing

if you don't have atleast 1300 LT then you are grinding BDO wrong

This is my ERP sheep
You may ERP it

I don't RP as a welshman

you'll never kill it alone
it took a huge raid to kill it and even then it took hours
pretty sure it drops enhanced ogre rings

You sure? He's fluffy

If I want something fluffy I'll go pet Oothier

Is it worth bothering to do the Valencia main questline? Usually once I hit 50 I just ignore the black spirit quests and grind.

how the fuck do you work the customizer, everytime i try to make my eyes smaller it clips super fucking hard

literally save temporary and then try out all the options

You can actually take the eyes and push them in.

I push my fingers into my

holy fuck, thank you

>NA ranger beauty album
>top 50 characters look like they were designed by bioware
>korean ranger beauty album
>top 50 all look like plastic dolls
>japanese ranger beauty album
>aliens
There's no winnin huh?

Rangers are really easy to make yourself though

all the good looking characters arent on the beauty album anyways cause people dont wanna share their waifus

You dont just take someone elses character and call it done, you use the beauty album to find a base in the direction you want to go and then modify it from there.

Don't listen to him
I just looked at some myself
he's just bullshitting
Probably going to cherry pick some characters too now

This desu
All of my characters are taking a base from the album and then tweaking them to my liking

The only premade character I would approve of using is that cute goblin that gets posted here.

I know that haircut!

What are the korean's thoughts on the tag system so far? Is it necessary enough to warrant making another "main"?

the fuck you on about m8

gobbu?

Switching a character on the fly.

Can I replace my worker's beer addiction with this goblin?

You go to town and link your character with another one of your characters. Then when you're in a fight, instead of using emergency escape you tag out your first character with the second one. Sort of like marvel vs. capcom.

god who even designs this shit

Its a pretty common haircut

a cute

Is this real? I heard they were making switching between characters faster, but I didn't know it was an actual gameplay mechanic. So now we need two sets of boss gear to stay relavent? One for each character? Two characters to invest billions of silver into?

This sounds fucking horrific.

fuck you buddy i like the idea

its not a requirement dumb fuck
also
>adding reasons to make you grind
>didn't see it coming
fucking brainlet