/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #693

''Fresh year, new start'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Farewell - Behind the Scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=19z8RzlatS4

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − Early 2018

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14521611
strawpoll.me/14521629
strawpoll.me/14658218
strawpoll.me/14659151
strawpoll.me/14659805
strawpoll.me/14692832

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=yDJ1YWvlIB8
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
strawpoll.me/14745371
youtube.com/watch?v=KX8ebGCzGeo
youtube.com/watch?v=nh8BNT5w9hc
polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/1/1/16827942/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-episode-3-ending
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay

The Pricefield.png always being in every thread makes me happy.

The idea of Rachel and Chloe together in heaven makes me incredibly jealous and lonely

Chloe is #1

if you don't have a flannel shirt you can't be a part of this thread

Reminder that Max will very likely end up ghosting or otherwise hurting Chloe again because of "muh anxiety"

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

baitcuck user...... will you ever get tired

I own a red plaid flannel (a little more burgundy than theirs)
Will they let me cuddle them?

can anyone explain me while chloe doesn't wear a hat with the same outfit in my playthrough of BTS?

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

>"We never actually escaped, did we?"
>"We've got time."
>"All the time in the world."

I actually ended up buying several flannel shirts after playing LiS without even realizing it.

You have to pick up the beanie from the truck in Ep 2 user. She'll wear it with every outfit in Ep 3 if you picked it up

God I wish that were me

Hello everyone!

It has been a while but we haven't sung any Before the Storm songs so we thought it might be fun to do a /lisg/ sings again.

The song we are going to be singing is "No Below" by Speedy Ortiz.

youtube.com/watch?v=yDJ1YWvlIB8

>How do I record this?
Use Audacity or something, there are plenty of programs that do this. If you don’t have a mic just use your phone.
Try singing the whole song in 1 go. If you don't want to do the whole song, that's fine. Sing the part you like, it'll be edited in at the right 'time'.
Make sure it is JUST YOUR VOICE. No song in the background.

>Okay how do I send in my files?
Email your files to [email protected]
You can add them in the attachment or upload them somewhere where the files can be downloaded from. Try to avoid Vocaroo as it makes the quality shit.

>When is the deadline
You can send in your files till the 17th of January.
If you’re a little later it’s not too bad, the editing won’t start right away but try to do it before then.

>I can’t sing!!!
No one gives a shit, it’s just for fun. You don't have to be embarrassed. Try to join when you can! The more the merrier.

>Warren third wheeling on a funeral

Max doesn't own that shirt though so she's technically not part of the crew. Sad face

I predict rumored Pricefield sequel at E3 2018.

Screencap this post.

Always.

>when you win the argument so well that pricefielders have to make a new thread

You're on bitch

#
Ah, the not proven "Joyce is dead" card. I don't have the source by hand, but even the devs admitted that many people survived the storm. We have no proof if Joyce is dead or not.

So yeah, they will face problems from PTSD, guilt, other shit, maybe they lost friends and family, some off them, not all. They will have a hard time, but they are not alone, not bound to suffer in grief on their own. There will be dark times where one can support the other, sometimes not, but they can be strong together. Weakness will strike their hearts, tears fill fill their eyes, but they can go through this and overcome this. They have all the time in the world. Together forever.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Lets start off the new year right and settle this. Which is the better episode?

strawpoll.me/14745371

Season 2 protag will be transgender witch set in small New England college town.

Screencap this post.

Even though s1e4 has one of the best (and most depressing but still the best) sequences in the series the rest of the episode is both pretty disappointing and kind of boring.

In comparison, BtSe2 is overall really well paced (I'd say just behind s1e2) and offers one of the strongest emotional and romantic punches in the series.

So BtSe2 for me.

I curse your alleged Pricefield sequel to never happen. at least not until comfy kate game comes out

screencap this post

We will see

Reminder that Chloe is better off dead and reunited with Rachel in the afterlife than alive with someone who will never truly love her.

>Bait
Begone Legion

>Max will ever be cute or fun enough to be Chloes gf
laffin

How? She died

How? That's a choice.

Keep crying, pricefieldcuck.
You know damn well that this is true.

>And she finally finds out that Rachel's dead (the final abandonment) she's literally going around looking to murder a person

This is what makes the argument some Pricefield fanatic here always makes sound even more ridiculous. It's basically implied that Chloe loses interest in Rachel once she finds out she was dishonest with her, when it doesn't change a thing. Chloe is still willing to kill for her, and is willing to die (and actually does die) trying to bring her justice.

Just like Chloe proved in Before the Storm, she would do ANYTHING for Rachel, even if Rachel didn't always deserve someone being so completely devoted to her. She lied, cheated, stole and was prepared to kill for her on multiple occasions.

I'll come out and say it, as much as I like Rachel, Rachel did not deserve someone was selfless as Chloe at her side. I don't think there is a person in Arcadia Bay worthy of her.

But Rachel is who Chloe wanted above all, so that's what I want for Chloe.

How does Max expect to get into university with a 2.8 GPA? She's fucking dumb

Legion hour.

Cutest girl has the cutest girlfriend.

>people can't have other opinions
I bet you're that lunatic from the last thread who said Max ghosted Chloe because she cares too much

Nah. But you're the same way, user.

I don't think either of them is good enough for Chloe after what they did
Apparently that's not allowed either

>Even though s1e4 has one of the best (and most depressing but still the best) sequences in the series the rest of the episode is both pretty disappointing and kind of boring.
Everything about the mountains scene was executed perfectly. The song choice, voice acting, the big and incredibly depressing reveal of what happened to Rachel. It was fucked up but great from a storytelling standpoint. Another thing I liked about Ep 4 was the puzzle with connecting all the pieces leading to the dark room was surprisingly good, making use of that function to review documents you viewed previously and just generally being innovative and a break from the usual time-rewind "puzzle" gimmicks they did. Getting to see Nathan's room was nice as well, because I really like how dontnod did environmental storytelling through character's dorms and rooms. And the Vortex playlist was pretty cool too.

Never have I wished to be Chloe more than in that moment in the bathroom
I wish I could die
I wish I had a soulmate waiting for me

I wish I could inject heroin

Nice try. I didn't agree. Rachel wouldn't be able redemption herself in her way she is. And no, we are not going to change characters, lets use the characterized traits and characters from the game we have.

The relationship thing, well. You must be complete blind to believe in three years happy relationship. Tok many things point into other directions, like Frank, Jefferson, even the Jefferson letter is interesting.

But, an interesting point about this letter isn't just that it clearly shows that Rachel either loved Jefferson (or thought she did), or she was lying to Chloe and wanted Chloe to believe she loved some older man she's not named here. Look at that last pargraph.

*" I hate not sharing this with you except I know you'd give me that stink eye and grill me for every stupid detail"*.

So... if Rachel knows how Chloe would respond to her saying this, and that response would be the "tell me everything that's happening in your love life" rather than "how could you betray me like this"... well it seems that Rachel and Chloe have spoken about Rachel's other relationships before (just not her ones with Jefferson and Frank), which is why Rachel knows what Chloe would do. Chloe has "given her the stink eye" (which I'm reading as a jealous gesture) and "grilled (her) for every detail". But telling Chloe about what's going on between Rachel and her boy/girl friends is a very "we are best friends" conversation. That is, I don't think Rachel and Chloe were a couple when this letter was written, and hadn't been for some time based on what it says.

Now that's something I can try
Sera made it sound so good

youtube.com/watch?v=KX8ebGCzGeo

>I'll just drift asleep...dreaming of us here together...forever.
>I'm so proud of you for following your dreams. Don't forget about me.
>I love you, Max. See you around.

I challenge you to find a sadder moment in the franchise

After this game, im trying to find someone who sells heroin to try it for the first time

youtube.com/watch?v=nh8BNT5w9hc

Pure. Kino
Cinematography. Dialogue. Music. Build-up of knowing something will be horribly wrong, especially when you see William.

Post-Bae Chloe needs to hit the road and explore the world now that she was given a chance to continue living thanks to her best friend's decision. Maybe she'll find her true love by doing that. Max can go back to Seattle and finish her studies there. Until they meet again.

I'm glad I'm starting to bring other anons around to my way of thinking

> Bait

>Legioncuck logic

Legionfags getting their last shots in before they have to go back to school after the holidays?

Either way these are hands down the best episodes of each game

Rachel fucks in hell, with Jeffo, Nathan, Warren and Frank. Maybe she has some time for the rest of the gang after her weeklong rapesessions.

k?
I don't think Rachel deserves Chloe either. She deserves someone loyal and who cares and neither Max or Rachel fit those criteria

> IF RACHEL CAN'T HAVE CHLOE THAN NEITHER CAN MAX"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ZAK GIMME BACK MY LEGION

Hm, Max character is loyal in the end, she had the redemptions herself and she never was unloyal I think. Doesn't excuse what happened even when I can understand what may led to that. But it was not okay in either way.

My problem is there is this characterized Rachel and this characterized Max. Both where terrible. One doomed to fall ultimately, one to rise out of her downfall. Get what I mean?

No because Max will always be anxious. You don't' just cure anxiety issues, especially as severe as Max evidently has
Odds are she goes away to college, tells Chloe she'll message her about coming to live with her, and then ghosting her again

I'm scared it will consume me

Baitcuck user, are you ever gonna get tired of baiting? You're in every thread saying the same thing

Reminder that Hell is empty and Chloe and Rachel are queer (in heaven ).

You are annoying. How about you ghost yourself permanently from this world, thanks.

Fake information. I have anxiety problems, and I have learned to live with them and my gf helped me a lot with it. Throughout the game you see how Max gains more self-confidence and reassures herself more and more that she will never ever let Chloe go again.

And yeah, I spot you Legionfag, but well.

I'd be more worried about Chloe leaving Max once Chloe figures out her own potential. Max is pretty dumb, only good at photography which is pretty tough to make a living, much less a decent one

DELETE THIS

Legionfag spotted

Barely maintaining a C+ average my dudes. In highschool too. She'll be on academic warning after on semester, then probation, then she'll get kicked out

>le "anyone who dislikes max is legionfag!!" meme

I mean most likely. Been on here enough to know it's true most of the time.

I bet that deep down you hate Chloe, not Max.

Well its just interesting how some people use always the same shit as arguments and justification that got already demasked as Legion members weeks ago.

It's better not to throw blames and names at others if you're not even sure about it and assumption is the only basis of it.

Nah. What I know is true. They always end up showing which side they stand for at the end of arguments. Been here since BtS Episode 1 aired, I know what I'm talking about.

Something that's most interesting though, is how anyone who dislikes Max or Pricefield and shares their opinion on it is immediately called a "legionfag". Why? Because it's easier to dismiss what you don't like and associate it with something unrelated so that the opinion is made to look invalid. Basically, blocking any opinion other than the ones you like.

Maybe its just the other way round and Chloe unlocks Max full potential. Chloe doesn't even have a GED. Or both help each other unlocking their potential.

Max gains self-confidence during that week, so that could help her being better at school, since it seemed that her school "problems" are connected with her being very inconfidend. And Chloe tries to apply for school again in San Francisco AU or talks about, that sas Max influence.

So both unlocking each others potential seems very likely.

Any examples, if you will ?

Scroll up. and look through previous archived threads. Come user, don't be lazy. Do the work.
I only have this screenshot though back before Episode 3

>Mychel Koch
>Chrys Floyd
>Zak Garryss
the unholy triumvirate

My bad, not before episode 3 I meant 2 days after episode 3.

Chloe is just locked behind drugs, alcohol, and not caring
Max is just stupid

polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/1/1/16827942/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-episode-3-ending

>Chloe falls back in with her old best friend Max. (She has a thing for her friends, I guess.)
Pricefielder delusion has seeped into the media now

>Breakup
Never stated they were in a relationship though...Amberprice delusion at it's best

Rachel is Chloe's angel
That's higher on the ranks than a hero

Just a friendly reminder

she's probably a delusional amberfag just like you

>tfw only 2.8 GPA
>tfw Courtney and Taylor probably do better in school than you

That's just that user's opinion on Max and Rachel though. Are you implying any negative opinion on Max is bad?

Explain to me in 20 words or less why Max deserves Chloe without using the letter "e"

user, are you dumb? I said most Max haters are legion members. I gave you an example, funny thing is that user never said anything about Rachel prior, that user kept saying Max is selfish and did all the things she did for Chloe because she felt guilty for leaving Chloe. Then randomly that user said what I posted in screenshot and never replied after.

Literally nobody unironically truly hates Max.
Can't say the same about Chloe, though.