store.steampowered.com/app/587260/Tokyo_Xanadu_eX/

>Zwei II is out on PC
store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/

>Trails of Cold Steel PC is out on Steam and GOG
store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:
mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

-Sen no kiseki 4 website revealed, fair warning, it contains spoilers:
falcom.co.jp/sen4/

-Zwei!! English release by XSEED. Titled as Zwei : The Arges Adventure
xseedgames.com/2017/12/01/xseed-games-announces-second-entry-in-the-zwei-series-zwei-the-arges-adventure-for-pc-this-winter/

-Sen : The Last Saga to release sometime next year, most likely September
gematsu.com/2017/11/next-legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-will-last

-PS4 remasters of Sen 1 and 2 to release in March and April 2018, respectively
gematsu.com/2017/11/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-kai-ps4-launches-march-8-japan
gematsu.com/2017/12/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-ii-kai-ps4-launches-april-26-japan

-Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port, and translation fixes to come in 2018
steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

-Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt
Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ft0RQ7AIgUY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to be Hatsuu's chair.

I'm so looking forward to spending all my disposable income on copies of Zwei: The Arges Adventure, by XSEED Games! I will be the proud owner of 75% of the estimated steamspy sales!

Who are those people in the OP? Haven't played the other games only the game that XSEED has localized :3 Is that the MC? he looks very cool :3

lol

It's Rean "Sean" Bean's uncle and his mother.

What a cute Rean x Alisa pic. Based.

this tbqh
surely this will lead to sen 3 with the new biggest dub ever

Calvard when?

Please look forward to it.

Soon. Possibly even before the west gets CS3.

Because it reads like shit. Not nearly shit enough to be unplayable, but still some lines don’t make much sense unless you have weeb experience enough to decipher what japanese stock phrase lies behind the english hodgepodge.

>Sen 4 in 10 months
>No Cold Steel II PC replay with durante imrpove graphix
>No Sen 3 for eop
at least we get zwei guys :)

and Zero fully done and Ao leak

I expected as much, but to go as far to copy paste the reply you left on the last thread just to shitpost further is just plain lazy shitposter user, come on, gret creative.

Don’t insult the sole guy keeping Xseed in the game.

AND we will also get a PC port of Akiba's Beat by Durante!!!1

Pic related gets far too much hate from FFT fanboys.

BOY I SURE DO LOVE SHITTING ON THE ONLY PUBLISHER WILLING TO LOCALIZE THESE GAMES, DON'T YOU /FG/? ISN'T IT GRAND HAHA I LOVE IT

We NISA now. They'll announce Sen 3 and 4 right after releasing the PC version of Ys VIII with the legitimately good localization update in February.

Calm down Hatsuu. This is exactly why you lost Ys. Kondo doesn’t trust a crazy alcoholic gambling addict.

NISA has never wanted kiseki and they don't want it now.

Liking Xseeds work on Trails does not mean I have to like the way they run their company.

They do. It's become huge in Japan, and it's the only reason they picked up Ys VIII in the first place. Now that they've established a relationship with Falcom, they can easily acquire what they want. Please look forward to it.

>this is what NIShitters actually believe

are you sure xshit is the ONLY one? GO NISA!

>The only publisher willing to localize these games
>Implying that after CS2 PC XSEED won't wash its hands clean of Kiseki and the only Falcom games they localize in the future is ancient ass relics that they can use as a cheap cash grab to recoup their retarded financial decisions.

>Xseed will somehow outbid for sen3 even though they lost the bid on ys8
>Sen 3 will have the second biggest dub in history of the company
xshits l0l

>surely my fanfiction will come true if I just BELIEVE

Cold Steel 3 has a visual novel size script and will appeal to 10% of the people who actually finished the first two. The Sky games and the first 2 CS games were bundle deals, so Falcom will probably want the publisher to agree to CS 3 and 4 at the same time. How does this make any business sense for NISA?

I think NISA will stick to doing Ys games and other non-Trails games from Falcom. XSEED doesn't have an EU branch so NISA can continue to profit from Trails that way while not having anything to do with the risks associated with localizing them.

>bundle deals
Kai 1 + 2, Sen 3 + 4
BASED NISA

I'd actually argue they likely would. NISA had rarely, if ever actually went back and fixed any of their previous fuckups. The fact they're doing so with Ys VIII going so far as to re-translate everything means they don't want to completely burn that bridge with Falcom and are trying to make amends. Especially now that they lost their last major non-NIS series Danganronpa, they're very likely to try and fight to get a partnership with Falcom going for localizing their games.

WITH DUAL AUDIO
BASED NISA

And I guess you think Falcom is just going to abandon a publisher with a reputation for putting out excellent work in favor of a publisher with a reputation for putting out shit, one which actually fucked up the last game they localized for them so royally that they had to apologize and completely redo it? How fucking stupid do you think Falcom is? They are a business, not a charity designed to turn your nonsensical dreams into reality.

ALL RELEASED BEFORE XSEEDS RELEASES COLD STEEL II ON STEAM

BASED
NISA

All that shows is they want to do more Falcom games, not necessarily that they want to touch a series like Trails, which has a much bigger opportunity cost.

XSEED established an audience for Ys in the west and Falcom had no problem forgetting that while giving the latest installment to NISA. Money speaks louder than reputation.

>They are business
Yeah, logical thing is to accept a lesser bid like they did with Ys8 oh wait they didn't do that because xseed blew all there budget on akibas

At this rate Cold Steel II is going to be out on Steam before Ys VIII.

xseed fans better learn how to translate using smartphone ASAP if they dont wanna switch to nisa!

You know, one of the things i liked about that was added in Sen III was the fact that Wild rage isn't just an HP eater in exchange for CP, but it also buffs up your strength in exchange for the health too.

Ash's is still pretty damn broken though. Use it for 10 CP, and get 100 in two turns +50% STR.

Remember when NISA dropped the ball on Ys VIII, and then had the audacity to spin it into a positive by saying Falcom didn't pressure to do anything but they volunteered to fix it anyway.

The logical thing is to go with a publisher that is competent, not one that is incompetent.

I want to take teen Renne to Paradise!

It's time for /fg/ to decide who they want to publish their games

>hay guys should we go with an established partner with a reputation of competence and a passionate fanbase who love their stuff?
>NAH let's go with the other guys who fuck everything up and who fucked up the last project we gave 'em as well. Short-term money beats everything! Who cares if they drag our brand through the mud by putting out a terrible product and making us look bad!?

>fixing up ys8 at a quicker rate than if xseed even puts it out
>takes action due to shitty translator fires them
>Voices actors aren't complete trash
lol

>Competent XSEED GAMES
>Akibas trip is GREAT! It sells SO MUCH!
>Let's put all our eggs into it's sequel SURELY that would do well too
>Biggest flop of the company

Yes! You tell him, fellow NISAbro! Who needs to get the job done right the first time when you can just do a half-assed rushjob and then apologize for it later?? XSHIT BTFO

>Biggest xseed game of all time gets a delayed by 4 months
>Wow hope you guys perfect it Nisa does the same
>wtf REE HOW DARE YOU NOT RELEASE IT

Xseed is still to this day correcting the shitty translation of Sky.

No. They're making a great localization even better. Trails in the Sky's localization is, and has always been, widely praised for its quality.

You talk as if the backlash isn't going to destroy any future business for Nisa titles if they touch Falcom stuff again.

Are there any numbers on sales for Ys 8 currently? I'm not sure where to check for it.

They are at least transparent about it. Nisa is not nearly the same, you're excusing something that they tried to pass off as ok, until people got mad at them and they are only now fixing it due to that. It's not like this is their first fuck up, they do it every single freaking time, and most of the time the bugs left are pretty heavy, hell, remember the one that made consoles run freaking Disgaea at insane temperatures somehow?

If they want my confidence, they need to start doing it and releasing it in good quality, or at least without any game breaking stuff, and a presentable translation. It's especially jarring when this is their first time touching a Falcom title, so you'd think they'd put some effort for their initial presentation of it to give a good impression. Instead they just do a rush job.

The only thing they put any effort on is Neptunia stuff, and even then they riddle it with 100x more memes than Xseed could ever hope to achieve. Hell, the fans even do freaking patches to fix the text.

im xeed aemployee pls no bulli

>didn't play the psp version
new xseed fans are truly disgusting

If only Ys VIII was a simple delay. They actually released it on the PS4 hoping nobody would notice or care, and then they get caught and are only doing something about it because even nips were talking about it.

I did you fucking retard. It's virtually the same thing. Perhaps there were some minor typos that got fixed but for the most part the localization has always been excellent.

>he actually thinks this
delusional

I don't think it, I know it. Unlike you, I actually played the psp version. That's how I found out about the game back in 2012

>2012
truly newfag

I played danganronpa 1 using fan translation before it becomes a thing.

The year after its western release. It doesn't get much older than that. We're talking about the localization

You are truly a newfag if you don't even realize that you are being trolled.

I don't really see how that ties in with comparing to Kiseki localization or patches user.

The bottom line is that, despite being mostly ok, the translation did have awkward phrasing, and plenty of small mistakes, some of which that do go unnoticed for a good while due to not looking like a mistake, like Kloe's pet name origins.

I'm guessing it'd due to the budget given since it was a new release for a series that required too much time translating and editing the text, and most of the mistakes were only present with unimportant stuff, and it was later cared for in future releases.

Ah, yes, the old "just pretending to be retarded" chestnut. Your mother must be so proud.

Do they ever explain why Lloyd is the only one who can hear the calls of the mysterious loli, or is being the chosen one for mysterious lolis just a MC perk of nu-falcom MCs?

Kea was the closest to Lloyd, and Lloyd was the one chosen to be called out for without making everyone in the SSS paranoid is my guess.

They have a book that explains it in more detail, but i believe that's basically the jist of it. Kea loves all of them, but the one she first got to see, and got the closest to was Lloyd.

It's always a MC perk to be special.

LLoyd voice is so soft, gentle and seductive. He really sounds so gay when he says"Randy..." with the R that almost sounds like L.

You make it sound like Japs swaping the sound of an R for an L is anything new.

When KeA wanted to avoid that tragedy she messed with causality and Lloyd was in the center of it so the rewrite influenced him more and that's why he has that dream and can hear her voice. But of course he's the epicenter of things cause he's the mc and leader so it's kind of a vicious circle.

I like Tio's Randy-san better.

Lloyd's VA pretty much saves the character for me. I fucking love Kakihara, wish he got more big mainstream roles.

Based Fujioka.

I'm not good at jap VAs so I was a little shocked when I found out Tio was voiced by the VA that did Navi in OoT. Now I can't unhear Navi.

Hey!

I don't think I've ever used status conditions in Trails as much as in Zero. Randy with those blind and burn crafts is an absolute lifesaver.

His AT delay is also pretty good, Elie gets to have AT up, healing bullet which saved my ass a lot too, Tio takes a while to get something useful, but she does get healing too, and Lloyd can seal enemies with his charge craft, and turn juggle with burning heart.

flashbang to win
lloyd that spinning whatever paralyze to win

Lloyd's paralyze in Zero was only 30% i think, so it wasn't that reliable until Ao, his best move was the charge seal, motivate and burning heart, and in Ao the spin move that sucks enemies to him.

Early game best damage dealing method is easily Randy's burns. One burn deals more than Lloyd, Elie and Tio generic attack put together.

Crafts have gotten so much better since Sky. I'm excited to see more Sky characters return just to see what kind of overpowered bullshit updates they get. Schera in particular had absolute trash besides the turn advance.

Estelle was worse honestly. Her only saving grace was her morale craft, which still lasts way too little time, and only has 20% buff, compared to La forte which lasts ages and has 25%.

Almost half the cast had that shit ass taunt that every boss resisted and was never useful.

What did Morimaru mean by this?

Who's ready for 100% instant kills
>inb4 immunity

It's probably going to be a mix of nightmare + death.

Out of all Rean's girls, this new one might be my favorite.

Reanfag pls go

>brainlet Reanfag thinks he has a chance

>Implying Rean won't be killed by the end of Sen 4.

Think Renne will ever find a loving husbando?

So what are the toughest battles in each game for you? You can choose up to 3, and hunts are included.

FC = Demons dog duo chapter 2, "Lorence", Richard + duo defense archaisms
SC = Prologue final boss, Renne tower, 8 quake worms
The 3rd = Chapter 1 boss, Cassius, the ice enemy fight in the Raven door
Zero = Wald, Top of tower hunt with 2 dragons, trying to not let the slimes go for the kids in the prologue for max DP
Ao = Lynn and Eolia, NINOKATA HAYATE Arios, Arianrhod second phase
Cs 1 = Vulcan's surprise S-craft, trying to land the final hit with Alan for the quest, Ordine final fight
Cs 2 = Final boss

Can say nothing on Cs 3 since i have not played it yet.

lloyd's voice made me gay thanks falcom

>SC
>no loewe fight in the list

He was tough, but i felt he didn't come close to the level of annoying the other fights i mentioned had.

>lazy seed still does not announce cs3

kill

>lazy user still does not learn japanese

>lazy anons bitch on an imageboard

mfw Japan will be half way done with Calvard while Xseed finishes Sen 3

>Roer looks better than Zeiss
When's Zeiss HD

I just beat Loewe in FC Nightmare
Stop casting Tearal and Earth guard MK2 reeeeeeeeeee

>Abyss Worm
>hard
Brainlet detected lol