/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eb9FV0MbyIs
dolphin-emu.org/blog/2018/01/03/dolphin-progress-report-nov-and-dec-2017/
archive.fo/f7MSz
passmark.com/products/pt.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2018 is the year of MelonDS

Death to Desmume

SP must pay for his crimes

There's literally nothing wrong with DeSmuME.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

>namefagging
>fake tripfagging for some reason
What's it like being a faggot?

vita emulator when

does melon ds even let you increase the resolution?

Of course not.

mudlord, pls come back.

i think that was the thing that ate my hamsters when I was a kid.

Is he still alive?

he better be. you people can't kill any more devs.

so will intel be good for emulation after their design flaw is patched in windows and gets a 30% performance penalty?

>haven't updated windows in years
>no performance penalty to worry about

I can only hope that AMD gets such a market boost to force Intel out of their asses.

That 30% number seems pulled out of their ass.

Nothing has been confirmed, don't believe any random numbers you read on the internet.

so which is the best ryzen for emulation? I want to run multi threaded angrylions at max speed

It's only an issue if you're running hardware virtualization (VT-d).

not what I read. It's very low level and affects most everything

Well his Twitter is back at least

Building a new PC soon and I'll delete everything on my HDD to have a fresh start, and I just thought of this.
Is it possible to have one folder in either Dropbox, Google Drive, or any other cloud service to save my configurations and save files from all of my emulators?
Anyone ever tried this?

Forgot to add, said folder must be synced in my computer with whatever service I choose.

I'm only getting about 20fps tops with constant hiccups and dips (basically making it unplayable) in BoTW even with the new multi core option.

Is there anything I can do to squeeze out more frames? I have not overclocked my CPU so it's at stock 3.0 Ghz but I had assumed the new setting would help with that.

>Ryzen

So let me get this straight, a tool, to straight up get Wii U games, just how is this possible how has big N not teared their asshole apart?

It's perfectly possible.
You'll need to put the emulator configurations in the synced folder, and then create a symlink to them in the location the emulator looks for them.
You can't do the opposite, at least not with dropbox, because the client will not detect changes inside symlinks until you restart it.

Nice. This is what I want. And I will do it with my new PC as my current config stuff are all over the place and I cannot be bothered to organize it.

ryzens about to become the new performance king

Nah, it's not.

Nice no-intro has ps3 psn database now. Time to fill up some harddrives.

>demon's souls
>filling up multiple hdds
????

>1366x768
>AMD CPU&GPU
working as intended

aight so i got my switch procon connected to my S8 over bluetooth no problem but it either reads one input as 5 at once or doesn't read it at all

what can i do to fix this

Stay the fuck away from android.

then what other mobile platform can i run retroarch on
certainly not apple

Dumb cunts here actually think apple is the way to go and have said so numerous times before. This is not the place to get advice.

If you're serious, and would like the ability to play non-mobile games as well, GPD Win 2. If that's way the fuck out of your price range, just get one of those DIY raspiboy kits or something.

so what's your suggestion
where the hell do i go to get quality answers

ya nah

>clickbait from a literal nobody
nah.

Soon the switch will be good, Nividia Shield is decent, GPD is popular as well. This was posted on /r/emulation a few days ago.

youtu.be/eb9FV0MbyIs

Dunno how that translates to emulation but in some cases the impact is insanely huge and in others the impact is nonexistent.

Performance from whatever emergency shit has been hastily thrown together while hot liquid shit pours down their legs should be vastly different from the next iteration.

Depending on how they handle this, AMD might eat Intel's lunch with the incoming Ryzen refresh.

It's likely the final fix or close to it, intel has known for a while (November or earlier) and the fix is from them.

So how long until Coffee LakeX?

Just catched /emugen/ here on Veeky Forums in my country .. and I'm wondering.. is there any more emulators with this 'Playstation Vita' theme? Not as good as Dolphin for sure.. but gimme some suggestions. I love portable videogames .. and this theme is sort of portable ..

ps4 and pc are the best vita emulators

Dunno maybe gonna take longer than anticipated, especially with 9th gen being Coffe Lake with a better fab process, late 2018 / 2019 would be my guess, depends on how hard the bug is to fix on the hardware I'd say look at AMD and their dealing with the TLB bug on Phenom to get an idea of how hard and long it is to deal with that kind of shit.
Obviously this could just be intel going maximum over kike and literally fucking their whole lineup just to say their new CPU has an actual 40% performance jump and force most people to buy new shit but that's just me going full tinfoil.

there's no coffee lake x, 10nm wont be ready for 2018 and will be worse than 14nm, bug affects syscalls and will absolutely have an impact on gayms due to drivers residing in kernal space and intel is officially fucked

so emugen can stop sucking krzanich's wrinkled dick now

don't wanna start shit but i wanna stick with rom software and the more versatile hardware i got
its much more compact and affordable that way

also i recently got the RPi model 3 for christmas so theres that
but i still gotta work out how to connect a dualshock 4 to it over bluetooth
then again i haven't tried connecting the switch procon to it yet, so there's another thing worth trying

Best ryzen single thread is the 1900x which is the same as... a 3570k. So we all lose.

>Best ryzen single thread is the 1900x which is the same as... a 3570k.

even if that were true it's not going to be in a couple days :^)

dolphin-emu.org/blog/2018/01/03/dolphin-progress-report-nov-and-dec-2017/

It's true, they're both right at 2000 and change. If it really is a ~30% performance decrease, this is going to be pretty devastating for the input lag crowd, since no AMD CPU is even remotely capable of running hard sync + high frame delay. At this point I just won't download the patch, fuck it.

Wow i's fucking nothing/10

Meh there's always Ryzen 2XXX to lok forward to.

I'd fucking love AMD to finally jump on the STP train and start pushing fast chips. I'm sick of Intel's shit.

The promise right now for Ryzen refresh is 7-12% IPC increase and higher frequencies, seems good to me

Who comes up with this stuff? AMD have barely acknowledged that the refresh even exists, let alone promised any IPC improvements.

Disappointing, but to be fair, this has been a pretty great year all around for Dolphin.

Give me a ~$400 Ryzen with a 6700K's STP and an 8700K's MTP or better and I'll buy it just to spite those kikes.

New process is better than the current one Glofo claims by about 10%, the threadripper stepping has cache latency tweaks which makes it about 2% better than ryzen no reason those wouldn't be in the refresh, there also could be further tweaks coming from the new stepping.

>regression fixes and removed UI elements
Productive month.

archive.fo/f7MSz
Seems like the tweesting has only just begun.

Thanks for the chuckle

not that there's much to do regarding dolphin

Alright you faggots. i followed the shitty "BSoD Gaming" setup guide. I'm getting shit performnace compared to others with my GPU/CPU combo but I do only have 8GB of ram because i coulden't afford an £220 kit of RAM. anyway i've setup a page file for 20GB. CEMU refuses to use anymore then 5gb of ram at a time. what gives? how can I force this fucker to stretch it's legs in the page file? and anyway. can RAM have this big of an impact? i see others with very similer setups getting 60+ FPS consistant while i'm managing 27.

The per-game hacks... ahem, per-game settings are way the fuck out of date. That's something that seriously needs to get fixed.

>New process is better than the current one Glofo claims by about 10%

That's a process node improvement and not related to IPC?

If all the total changes amount to more than a 15% generational performance improvement I'll be amazed.

They could allow you to change every tipe of per-game settings directly through the fucking interface instead of editing a txt file, like for example let's say you want to enable widescreen hack for just one game, as it stands right now, you have to manually edit that game's cfg file instead of just ticking a box on the interface.
And people say dolphin is perfect etc, even the interface has glaring flaws like that one.

>Alright you faggots.

You should be more gracious if you need help

>frog poster
lol okay, whatever you say my dude.

ehh you can just go to properties and open the gecko codes tab and click which cheat you want, if thats what you meant

>5.0-5833 - [UI] Remove fullscreen resolution UI by Helios

Is there anything he doesn't remove in the name of "UI Improvements"? Fuck.

Those without talent edit readmes and UIs.

So, is all you trogs do in here is argue about intel and AMD?

yes, now go and stay go

ever think of sgining up for a tom's hardware account? or /r/pcmasterrace?

no, /emugen/ has always been gangstalking and hardware wars. now go and stay go.

i'll go away if you help me with cemu. that's the deal user.

Download passmark, run the cpu suite, and post the results. I suspect there might be something fucked up with your setup.
passmark.com/products/pt.htm

Can we safely call Dolphin dead at this point?

Things seem to be running fine for my hardware. as I said the only real issues my dumb ass can come up with are either it's because i only have 8GB of ram or that i'm running on win7. but i somehow doubt it's that.

Have you used cemu before this most recent excursion?

why is the 8700k taking a huge hit but not the 6700k? I thought it affected all intel processors?

apparently the linux kernel patch is marking AMDs as insecure as well so they're getting fucked over too, as if they weren't shitty enough already.

i've messed around with it, yeah. I ran trasure tracker on 1.11.0 at 60FPS with no graphics packs or hooks. i ran Botw on the same one and got about the same performance i'm getting now. the dl for BoTW came with an old version pre-setup to run botw and again about the same performnace i'm getting now.

Look at the text, FSmark is a file I/O bench, one of the system is using a SATA3 SSD while the other is using a NVMe one, so the 6700k is bottlenecked by the SSD interface while the 8700k is n't.

Are you using the latest NV drivers? If so, it's almost certainly your 8gb.

>An immediate workaround at least until the AMD patch lands where PTI isn't applied to AMD CPUs is by booting the kernel with the nopti kernel command-line parameter. This can also be applied to Intel systems too on a patched kernel if wanting to regain the performance and are not too concerned about this vulnerability.

thank god for linux. Emulation is saved.

BOTW can use 14+GB of RAM, and no, increasing your PF isn't going to fix that. Buy another stick or two of memory.

Stop spreading misinfo
The game runs fine on 8gb of ram, it only stutters for ~5 minutes at the start until windows memory management gets its shit together, it doesn't affect fps apart from that

Try this gameprofile

[Graphics]
disableGPUFence = true
GPUBufferCacheAccuracy = 2
accurateShaderMul = min
extendedTextureReadback = true

That's what I was thinking. 14GB is insane. but i'll be grabbing some more RAM the moment I see any cheap. thanks for the input fellas.

Thanks, i'll give this a try and see if it changes anything. I'm afrade the other anons are likely right on the money though.

>game uses 14+gb
>runs perfectly for everyone with those specs and 16gb
whatever you say, retard.

The game uses 9gb with accurateShaderMul=min

This helped. avaraging about +5-10 more FPS then I was getting. this is defantly playabale. i'm just annoyed i'm not getting the full performance i could do out of my PC over a RAM bottle neck. Thanks for the help.

What CPU/GPU?
What framerate are you getting and in what area?
Are you using the FPS hack?