Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mRkNDHW3nog
youtube.com/watch?v=bwDrHqNZ9lo
blog.talkingphilosophy.com/?p=7263
youtube.com/watch?v=XS_Lzo4S8lA
youtube.com/watch?v=VcHc54Z_b3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he's a very based man

He means he thinks today there are two sins— pedophilia and smoking, and he says he doesn't smoke

It means he doesn't like Ancaps

why do normalfags laugh so hard when he gives lectures or interviews before a crowd?

he's not that funny.

are normalfags really that much of a bunch of empty headed sheep that just want to fit in?

it's the accent

what did u mean by this >?

They are the only things not bound by ideology my friend

youtube.com/watch?v=mRkNDHW3nog
Zizek is so based. I love how honest he is

Cuz he make inappropriate jokes

This is Zizeks finest video

youtube.com/watch?v=bwDrHqNZ9lo

>how honest he is
He literally says whatever will bring him more attention in every subject.

Also
>applying psychoanalysis to understand international politics
>that garbage about cuba, castration, and castro
You might as well be asking the opinion of an astrologist with funny accent.

>when a regime legitimizes itself by this reference to its shattering, they say "even our economic decay proves our greatness" this is a very sad situation which is why, if I may make a remark which sounds maybe tasteless but I think its deeply tragic, in psychoanalysis we call this reference to renunciation [sic?] "symbolic castration", so basically the regime's legitimization was legitimization which or fidelity to castration, well, no wonder the leader was called fidel castro
what

>what
Your castration anxiety is showing. Do not worry! Your suppressed sexual attraction towards your mom will be a secret of this board ;)

Castro = Castration

He is commenting on mass psychology. How they begin to legitimise the regime and their living standards by appealing to this concept of "authentic living" but are actually in stagnation and deep poverty.

In America it's also considered a heinous sin to say nigger since it's a completely pozzed country.

lol

blog.talkingphilosophy.com/?p=7263

Because he's the sniffles *sniff* clown slav.

He liked *sniffs* the lolis

Why does he always have a runny nose?

except when blacks do it though.

Funny to see all the spics getting mad at this video

ahahah the dislikes

Zizek is quickly alienating every single leftist. I love it

>every single leftist
>implying all leftists think alike

>gently pleasuring a child is a sin

Kek

mein gott, this thread is fucking haunted

>caring about Zizek's intellectual farts, even as memes and jokes

nice

There's nothing wrong with peadosexuality, you neckbeard bigots.

I implied no such thing smugcostanza

fucking based lmao

>half of all the leftist zizek fans got butthurt by this

Do you who are mostly anglos really understand him?

I understand him perfectly, but he sounds even worst than me with that accent. I'm 100% sure nobody would understand me if I spoke like that in London or NY.

I live in the us and English is my only language but I can understand him perfectly fine. I think the criticisms of his accent are overblown.

What political views does zizek have? I know nothing about him

Zizek probably doesn't know his own political views

this is the correct position to be in ;)

He's a fascist who pretends to be a communist. He works for the CIA.

LIES! PARANOIA!

Communist

Trying to practically apply philosophy to a society is what Zizek means when he says "pure ideology"
I don't think he votes

let me translate for you:

>When a regime can legitimize itself by claiming that it's failures are strengths (they still stick to "the revolution" in the face of adversity that they have created), this is a very sad situation. This is why I have to make a remark which sounds tasteless or blunt but you must excuse it because I find this situation deeply tragic. My blunt remark is that this is "symbolic castration", so basically the regime's legitimization was ensured by the people's faithfulness to Castro no mater what. Their fidelity to castration, in a sense. No wonder the leader was called fidel castro.

It's a play on words that he should not have attempted. Basically Fidel Castro is a fitting name because he "CASTRO-ated" the country (cause economic failure) and yet they stayed faithful (FIDELity). Actually the failure was a chance for the people to prove their loyalty, which served as a point of pride and legitimized the "leadership" to the people.

>People thing Trotsky was a rightist

"We have always been at war with eastasia"

that's a bit different, honkey.

t. tankie

I don't mean to derail the thread, but the argument about child consent exists because both sides talk past each other as a result of semantic differences. The question is NOT weather a child can consent (they can, by definition). There are really two actual points of disagreement:

1. Does the consent matter if the person consenting does not know exactly what they are consenting to OR does no know what the outcome will be.

2. Can a minor know what they are consenting to and adequately asses what the outcome will be, enough so that they should be allowed to legally make that decision.

It's stands to reason that this would be a universal principle that would apply to all people. How much understanding should be legally required and how is that determined and enforced?

Came to see lolis.

Left disappointed.

>the argument about child consent exists because both sides talk past each other
>both sides
fucking kek. it's not much of a debate when one of the """"""sides"""""" is adults who want to fuck children

I'd give you my consent if you weren't a namefag

That is one way to opt out of a logical discussion. It's an argument from incredulity. Also note your use of the world "children". What does that mean? When is the magical moment one becomes not a child?

lol XDD

it's not a "logical discussion" because one side's whole motivation is to justify their sexual compulsion to be attracted to children

>When is the magical moment one becomes not a child?

Coming from the same guy who was complaining about semantics earlier

>this is the state of the left right now

thank god I left that shit a couple of years ago

ps:no pun intended

I never complained about semantics. I complained about people arguing past each other. Sometimes a word or arguments must be defined for discussion to continue.

pretty much, people are reading too much into it

Who is this man anyways? Some new age scholar?

Because he is such a bizarre person. Uncanny valley to me. The interesting this is that his audiences think they laugh with him, but in fact -unintentionally- they laugh at him.

I don't agree with many of his views, many of which contradict each other, and he has that annoying habit of jumping from topic to topic via barely connected anecdotes by I like and even respect the man.

The biggest thing he has, something most Veeky Forums and new philosophers lack, is that Einstein quality of making subjects approachable to the common man (even if what he says always manage to piss off some large group) that otherwise hold no interest to him
He is the world's worst communist.

youtube.com/watch?v=XS_Lzo4S8lA

call the cops someone has a bias! end all discussion everywhere in case anyone has any stake in it!

That look like Hegel.

Stirner+Zizek=Hegel

Is Zizek making fun of this guy?

most spics fucking despise Castro actually

I honestly love zizek

I don't give a fuck about whatever his philosophy or political leanings are, his mannerisms, face, and accent are just fucking hilarious to me

Zizeks my fav philosopher for sure because my fav thing in philosophy is sniffs, japes, jokes and confusing behavior, and his lessons are full to the brim of it. Every speech is like one of those novelty snake cans, you listen to him speak & POP you get a face fulla schizophrenia and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you listen again and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old slavmeister, that card.

That's different though. I can say "goddamn greasy wops" because I am, in fact, a goddamn greasy wop.

It's really funny how stupid peoples morals are

exactly lol

youtube.com/watch?v=VcHc54Z_b3w

Well yes thats the point.

Its not a universal sin like smoking and pedophilia. The two things that people can transcend ideology to disdain. Murder can be justified, rape can be fetishized, blacks can call each other niggers but the two things that everyone knows are BAD are pedophilia and smoking.

Not that either don't happen, even frequently but nobody defends either.

> (they can, by definition)

Yea, just like contracts, right?

I sent my daughter to the bank to get a credit card just now. She can consent. And when she gets home I fuck her.

to me it just sounds like a joke. kind of like saying, "I really hate rape and murder, and I've never murdered anyone." Maybe it's not meant to be read into past that lol

Spics despise all their leaders because they can't produce a single one that's worthy of praise.

jesus christ, why the fuck is he getting so much media attention lately, it's crazy

Children do not have the mental faculties to see that they are being abused as a plaything for some creepy old man with a fetish.

>He is the world's worst communist.
thats the most fitting description of Zizek I've seen so far

did you even read the rest of his post? he literally said the point of contention is whether or not the "consent" should be considered valid. for the very same reason taking advantage of someone who is intoxicated or drugged is rape, because a "yes" isn't valid if the person consenting isn't aware of what they are consenting to

the argument isn't whether or not children can consent (they can), the argument is that this consent is not valid

He's literally fucking retarded and only listened to by delusional leftists.

I actually know a race realist trump supporter who listens to him because he likes his speaking style

That's the only reason I listen to him 2bh

He reminds me of Richard Stallman.

does he also eat dead skin off his foot?

Despite being polically very left leaning I think that doesn't get in the way of his logic or views. Hell before Trump got elected he said that if he would prefer overall the result of his victory (despite hammering him over and over again with the known issues) because it would mean rabid change one way or another whereas Hillary will mean gradual degradation and stabilization of the current cancerous status quo.

He has also trashed political correctness as a cancer of the left and the death of dialog. Besides listening to only people that share your political views and opinions in general is plain fucking retarded and the mark of a closed mind.

It's worse than that. Modern pedophiles say that children are conscious enough to consent, but aren't conscious enough to be believed if they say they didn't give consent.