/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: Vote: strawpoll.me/14740291

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
>Switch
[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a 34c3 lecture. youtube.com/watch?v=dFLF9SY0Jgs
>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/
>PS4
[Dec 14] 5.03 released. wololo.net/2017/12/14/ps4-update-5-03-released

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2017/12/29/set-ps4-4-05-exploit-run-payloads-debug-settings-example/
canakit.com/mini-micro-sd-usb-reader.html
team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console/
hackinformer.com/2017/12/24/3ds-fastboot3ds-android-like-fastboot-menu-3ds/
strawpoll.me/14752275
3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
pastebin.com/QnPXvhKm
instructables.com/id/Toturial-How-to-setup-r4i-gold-3ds-cart/
wololo.net/2018/01/03/nintendo-switch-team-xecuter-upcoming-exploit-state-will-work-firmwares-video/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got a r4i sdhc b9s flashcard today and used it to hack my 3ds. When I followed the steps in the guide to make it act like a normal flash card it would always freeze when put in my 3ds. Would anyone know what happened?

First for fastboot3ds is kinda nice

MY PS4 IS ON 5.01
SHOULD I JUST UPDATE AND FORGET ABOUT HAX OR SHOULD I HOLD ON?
FOR SOME REASON I CAN STILL PLAY MY GAMES AND PLAY ONLINE

cart sounds borked. I have heard of this in other carts but never saw a fix.

>Ps4 hax

What are you hacking? Netflix?

games

Why is no one talking about this? wololo.net/2017/12/29/set-ps4-4-05-exploit-run-payloads-debug-settings-example/

So netflix?

What is the better DS experience:

Flash Cart or Drastic?

So are these new Switch hacks guys bullshitters or what? I missed the boat on 3.0 so I'm intrigued/ged

I can't remember whether rom loading from SD was worth waiting for, can someone remind me?

UPDATED BOTW TRAINER IS OUT NOW

Did a bit more testing,
2=Update, 3=Dawnguard, 4=Dragonborn, 5=Falskaar, 6=Ordinator, 7=Apocalypse, 8=Ordinator+Apocalypse compatibility patch.
Hearthfire is installed to the hdd and has No Killcams, Fast Travel From Anywhere, and Levelled Items Spell esps, which would normally be 2 more than you can load just with the ini.
Hearthfire is working as is fast travel from anywhere and I assume no killcams. Perk trees are Ordinator.
It seems if you have a dlc both on the disk and installed on the hard drive it'll crash, which is fine because no reason to have it on both.
Unfortunately no skse or skyui but small price to pay, and skyui is better for mouse+keyboard anyway.
.esms and huge .esps are probably what's best to have in the 9 slots, with a bunch of small .esps internally.

Can user recommend me one of those SD card readers for my computer that plug in via USB? The built-in one doesn't seem to work anymore for some reason

canakit.com/mini-micro-sd-usb-reader.html

This was regarded as not being real or why isn't it in the OP?

team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console/

He probably didn't remember...

Also might just be some hardmod shit who really wants to take their VERY EXPENSIVE Switch and void the warranty and solder shit to it?

If my PS3 is NAND based, there's no point in trying to dump the NOR, right?

Random disclaimer

If you flash fastboot3ds (which I recommend you do, shits all over the tranny chainloader) and your screen is IPS, the glitch bar after fastboot loads will hang around on your screen. Put your console in sleep mode for a minute or so once the home menu loads, and it will go away.

Didn't mean to reply.

As long as it gives me free and future proof everything I don't give a shit about warranty.

Can someone explain the difference between NAND and NOR to me?

And when your Switch YLOD or something what then?

I didn't put it in the OP because all we have is a fucking logo. I'll add it once they release something more substantial.

im assuming you installed openfirminstaller.

can you explain how to install it and where flashboot and everything goes (ELI5)

That's it then. I knew the risk. And I won't do the soldering myself if it's required, but leave it to a friend who's doing this as a profession.

hackinformer.com/2017/12/24/3ds-fastboot3ds-android-like-fastboot-menu-3ds/

Literally takes 5 minutes

cheers mate

What does fastboot offer that Luma doesn't have other than testosterone?

The key they provided at the bottom at least appears to be real.
Pretty funny how the morality fags are exploding on twitter, including those three who made it possible.
It feels so forced that it's funny. To me it looks like they simply pretend to care and are against 'piracy'.

Anyone else here complacent and lazy to update their hacked machines?
>PSP still on 6.39 pro-b
>3DS still on 11.2 with luma 7
>don't even remember what the fuck my Wii U was doing other than using rednand without any haxchi and br method of loading games through USB
>vWii isn't even hacked
>the worst being my ps2 still using swapmagic with an open lid and burnt DVDs

No worries mate, make a NAND backup first in case you don't like it, then you can force flash back since this replaces FIRM0

Chainloading done automatically, the ability to add 6 slots of firm payloads to either load automatically or with key combos that you define, normal boot (boots into fastboot), quick boot (shows splash, loads fastboot if you hold home) or silent boot (no splash), boot a firm from file on your SD card (probably to test it before integrating it permanently), NAND backup and restore, force flash NAND backup (if you don't like fastboot for some reason), flash unsigned firmware to FIRM1 (obviously don't do this unless you know what you're doing)

It also has some of the strongest devs on the scene working on it (derrek, profi200, d0k3) so it looks promising in future.

Constantly getting this. I'm running a CECH-E fat ps2, the flsh.hex has the right checksum, and the usb is in the right slot. What gives?

All chinese to me. What matters is, does fastboot boot faster than tranny shit? And if so, by how many seconds?

>CECH-E fat ps2
ah there's your issue

If you don't understand it don't bother.

Flashcart

If you're on Luma 7 you can update your system firmware just fine

My 3DS is 11. 6, does this mean I'm screwed out of getting a free US/UM game and save editing?

Read the guide

Let's settle this once and for all.

strawpoll.me/14752275

Do you have a gaming PC or a spare PS4? If so, there's no reason to update.
If you're an impatient poorfag with a single gaming console then just do whatever the fuck you want.

They said that it works on any firmware and is future proof, so it's very likely a flashcart hack.

But Gateway was always tied to firmwares, so is it gonna some shitty thing like Sky3ds?

It means they've managed to get the bootrom similar to boot9strap

Huh ok, should I just wait for someone to steal their exploit and release it for free then? Or will they likely have a pretty wide window like Gateway did so being an early adopter wouldn't be so bad?

Honestly didn't regret my Gateway that much even though free exploits came out eventually, but for a good year or so we guys ruled the roost yanno?

>PS3 XMB/games randomly stops/freezes for 2-5 seconds then suddenly goes back to normal/quickly loads everything at once
>problem present since I switched 4 years ago the internal hdd to a green 1TB western digital

Is this because I never patched it with WDIDLE3 so the damn heads don't park every 5 seconds? Or is this a problem with my ps3? I thought ps3 digital games were constantly loading shit to avoid this problem entirely.
I've had this annoying issue for years but now I had enough of this shit.

Is 173.255.238.217 still the Switch update blocking DNS?

Tried checking system update and it just said "your system is on the latest firmware" but I can't connect to the eShop.

Also can I still update games if I block system updates?

My R4i 3DS just arrived, what's some cool shit I can do with it before I start playing games? Forwarders?

How do I unbrick a flashcard

guys how do I unbrick my PS4
I just tried hardmodding it using the 3DS hardmod guide and it won't turn itself on

I would imagine that this is a race attack on the CPU

Buy a new one

Buy a new one

laughed more then I should have

Same way you fix the 3ds just take the sd out

If you already got CFW then yeah forwarders are fun and look neat on the home menu

See if your kernal is available to download at Section V

3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

if it's not then you should have backed it up before messing with it.Unless it was a timebomb that killed it then try changing your system time and year.

Card is fucked. Buy a new one.

Is PKGI a /hbg/-recommended application to use for Henkaku users, or are there any known bugs/ban vulnerabilities from using it?

Do you know what fucked it?

It just fucked itself hardware wise from use I assume. It happened to me last year and nothing could be done to fix it. Just buy a new one since it'll likely never work again.

Literally just got it today and all I did was use it to hack my 3ds and then followed to instructions to get it to act like a normal flash card again. Rechecked and I downloaded the right thing.

I want a ps2.
googled around and apparently 39xxx (v7/8) are the best but apparently the fan can get really loud with a hdd attached.

I also read that 3xxxxR (v5/6) have the least failure rates. are they loud too?

I suspect one of the chips is fucked like I suspected on mine since it started doing what yours is doing even though it was still months within the time limit. You probably got a very rare case of something accidently fucking up while flashing the card back.

Planning to get these games, anything essential I'm missing? I prefer turn based / visual novel type games, the real time / action ones just stress me out.

Stella Glow

Don't get ztd on 3ds. I remember returning it because of pixel hints and getting the PC version instead.

Not gonna try Etrian Oddyessy Untold ones?

I don't know user, so many 3ds games have spinoffs, remakes, crossovers etc it gets a bit confusing.

I thought Untold were remake of earlier games, and I heard it's fine to start with either IV or V.

My flashcart arrived the other day but it didn't come with a manual or instructions or anything. Is there a rule of thumb for how to do them or does it very by cart? It's r4i Gold 3DS RTS if it matters

I will look into it thanks user, the art looks good.

I didn't know those were on PC, thanks user.

I'm having some trouble trying to extract game files from a PS4 .pkg of Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy. I want to use a few of the models in the game for something, but nothing I've tried will decrypt the .pkg file for me to get to them. Any suggestions?

Play 999 on ds because of s twist that doesn't work too well on PC. The other 2 are fine on PC though

I've been away from the vita scene for a while, what can you do with that ReNpDrm and ReStore, can you play 3.61 games now?

>Stella Glow

Here's a whole pastebin on that game:
pastebin.com/QnPXvhKm

>have shit load of legit gamecube games
>want to dump them to use on both my wii/vwii on Wii U

How do I proceed? Is it possible to dump them on a Wii U? I'm not sure if they even read GC discs. How is compatibility with GC games on Wii U these days?

I sure wish we had gotten LA Infinity

Im a dev who is interested in PS4 development. I wish I knew where to start.

Skip EOIV
And one of the zero escapes.
Can give DQ a try, some of the kirbys are quick fun in between serious games
Zeldas are solid too

This it?
instructables.com/id/Toturial-How-to-setup-r4i-gold-3ds-cart/

If it's not the right one I'm sure its a similar process

Use CleanRip and a big sd card

>Etrian Odyssey Untold:The Millennium Girl
Remake of the first Etrian

>Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold:The Fafnir Knight
Remake if Etrian Odyssey II:Heroes of Lagaard

I did this, everything looks exactly the same as the pictures on my end until step 8. I just get a black screen and the backlight keeps changing brightness

D-did I get scammed? I ordered from nds-card

at the high level, they require different hardware to read/write to.
i assume since the NOR can be dumped then either NOR just happens to be the more dominantly used memory type (because of sony hardware revisions) or some hacker actually found a way to write to NOR from software that does not work on NAND systems (unlikely)

at the very low level it refers to the logic gate(s) used in the flash memory of your system's firmware chip

50% making this up because i don't really remember
all digital software is based on manipulation of binary data with three basic mathematical functions: AND, OR, and NOT
NAND is a composition of NOT and AND; similarly, NOR is a composition of NOT and OR.
conveniently, you can composite only NANDs to build circuits that are identical to all three of the basic functions (AND, OR, NOT). you can do the same with only NORs
using many copies of only one element is convenient for :reasons:

wololo.net/2018/01/03/nintendo-switch-team-xecuter-upcoming-exploit-state-will-work-firmwares-video/

WHEW WHO HERE IS EGGCITED FOLKS

so can I unlock the bike on my master mode save now without doing all the beasts?

TOP 10 ANIME COMEBACKS

and I kept beating myself recently for updating to 4.0 for Mario Boy

>updating for mario
you don't deserve hacks

hey fella it was a pretty good game yknow also stardew valley is neato

if you like EOIV-EOV play the Untolds, PQ1-2, SMT4-4A, and Strange Journey Redux (if you didn't on DS.) legend of legacy / alliance alive are also great niche RPGs.

>can replay my childhood games once again

I did some checking and it seems possible to play PSO online the the Wii on private servers, according to youtube.
Anyone knows if the same is possible on Wii U? I can't find any info on online play with Nintendont, and the dev of Devolution is a moralfag that only enabled online with a legit PSO disc.

Set the exploit page as home, close the browser, and then reopen DIRECTLY to the exploit page, not about:blank. It should work better then. I still had to try several times to get the exploit to work though (even when it said success the console wouldn't turn off after 5 minutes, which is a sign that it just froze instead of triggering the flash).

>ROX MY BOX
ROX MY SOX

Not sure if you like rhythm, but Rhythm Heaven Megamix is great.

>no online spla2oon
>no bing bing wahoo GOTY edition
>no metroid prime 4 when it happens

>muh browser hax

How does it feel to be 3.0? Why not just have fun with all the other happy 4.0 switch owners? Better hax will happen someday.

You can't even pirate games, so what's the point?

Can someone help me out?

I'm using POPS with free McBoot to play some PSX games on my ps2, and I get this graphical glitch when I try and play king's field. Tried a couple other games and got the same result.

On the compatibility list it says this game plays perfectly. What am I doing wrong?

hey can someone who has botw clone their microsd card and share it? Mine got wiped and since im on 3.0.0 I cant update to actually download the files I need to play any of the games I have